What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now... (5 Viewers)

DJackson10 said:
Sanders isn't going to and never will be Shady just because of some of the skillset Shady had you can't teach and are god given. Anyone who thinks Sanders believes he's the next Shady I don't think what god given talent McCoy has that you can't teach and just have. 
I don’t know that he’ll be the next Shady, but when you watch his highlights there’s a lot of Shady in him. There’s no question about it. He makes people miss a lot. 

bigmarc27 said:
What’s your RB depth chart going to look like...  specifically do my lottery tickets of Clement and Josh Adams have any value?
I still think Clement could still be worth something as a super long shot, but not someone I would worry about keeping.  Adams, no.

I believe PFF had him as a top 5 LBer last year FWIW
They had him ranked #3 off ball LB in the NFL actually.  I absolutely love this signing.  Thought we could have grabbed one in the draft but this is cheap and will provide good leadership in the middle there.  As much as we ignored defense in the draft, with this signing, the way those no named cb's started playing at the end of last year, the Malik trade, and the BG signing, I actually think we're going to have an underrated defense next year.

I don’t know that he’ll be the next Shady, but when you watch his highlights there’s a lot of Shady in him. There’s no question about it. He makes people miss a lot. 
Based on what I've seen of both Shady was more elusive and quick and Sanders more so bullied people and was stronger. The similarity I see is the "shady Shuffle" as I like to call the East-West instead of the downhill North-South he should. Given that I think Sanders is gonna have a tougher time with getting yards running like that and may lose more than he gains as the players are a lot more faster and discipline in the NFL. Shady got away with it do to his godly Barry Sanders like quickness and all. That's where I think the biggest difference is. 

DJackson10 said:
Sanders isn't going to and never will be Shady just because of some of the skillset Shady had you can't teach and are god given. Anyone who thinks Sanders believes he's the next Shady I don't think what god given talent McCoy has that you can't teach and just have. 
I really think you may be wrong and I hope you are

My issues with Sanders is more so fumbling, lack of receiving threat, and he accumulated most of his yards in 4 games. Given some of our needs and with other backs still available I thought it was a reach 
This right here. They had 4 games against ranked opponents and he was nonexistent in each one. That’s concerning imo. 

Sanders seems more power than actually making people miss. 
I have no idea how you come to that conclusion. He has power to his game for sure but he makes a lot of people miss. You can see it in any highlights and I don’t recall seeing a scouting report anywhere saying he’s more power than making people miss. 

I have no idea how you come to that conclusion. He has power to his game for sure but he makes a lot of people miss. You can see it in any highlights and I don’t recall seeing a scouting report anywhere saying he’s more power than making people miss. 
I saw more terrible and missed tackling a better player would make in his highlights then actual shiftiness. Either way my point was Shady had ungodly ability that isn't taught and I don't see that ability in Sanders with him wanting to run east-west instead of north-south could cause problems 

if i remember correctly, barkley was pretty boom or bust in college as well and was criticized for it in the pre-draft process.   may just be a case of penn state not stacking up against top competition
It's because a lot of media around here and the PSU homers tend to incredible overrate most of the talent on the team. Very similar to Notre Dame Fans and media and quite frankly both fanbases and the media coverage around the two teams around the Philly area is quite annoying. The PSU homeriam is bad enough and I won't get into other reasons why it is but then you add the ND fans and who many are only fans do to their Irish Background and well it gets to Boston sports fans annoying. I remember people losing their minds over Hackenberg (Had one friend tell me the Eagles should take him over Wentz) and making excuse after excuse for the guy like "His Offensiveline was terrible" "The coaching staff doesn't coach well" etc etc. The dude was a head case who in his pro interviews blamed the coaching staff for his terrible performance his last two yrs. Dude couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if he had too. He would constantly throw teammates under the bus and quite honestly never showed the talent besides one year. Why did he get hit and sacked so much it wasn't his line he held onto the ball way too long. The coaching staff argument was a great one to dissect. Anyone who knows James Franklin's career knows he was successful with far less talent and resources at Vandy. It was incredible the wins he put up and the fight he brought to upper teams in the SEC. Jordan Matthews broke SEC Receiving records with Freakin Jordan Rodgers as his QB. So Franklin has done a lot with much less talent at his disposal. 

Other than the Johnson boys at WR and RB can anyone name me a PSU skilled player that was hyped up that has lived up to expectations? Connor/Pozluzny and Sean Lee at LB maybe but both Connor and Lee were huge PED users as well in college which is why both were always so injured. I'm leaving out Barkley here as he's only had one year in the league so it's a small sample size. I remember the PSU homers going crazy when we drafted Tony Hunt but the dude did nothing but give up real estate to the defense and fumble the ball. 

So overall I think people and fans are skeptical of PSU players. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Their coaching staff is terrible
I agree to an extent but PSU players have been like this going back to Paterno the last few yrs he was there. PSU was incredible lucky 2yrs ago. What I mean by that was they won some games close they had no business really winning. McSorely was incredible lucky with some of the great catches Barkley and the Receivers were making. I forget the WR who was drafted but he made a catch he had zero business making in the B1G title game vs Wisconsin that really should've been picked off. Barkley was one of the biggest reasons they didn't lose more games as Barkley bailed them out on more then one occasion. 

This right here. They had 4 games against ranked opponents and he was nonexistent in each one. That’s concerning imo. 
Yep that was one of my concerns with Barkley coming out too.  I mean he did well for his rookie year but he had multiple games vs Ranked opponents with better defenses he did nothing. For Sanders that is concerning do to the small sample Size we have of him. He's also not the best pass protector right now either and he fumbled 30% more then any back in this draft class. These issues were reasons why I wanted to wait on a back as I thought Sanders was no better then the guys we could get in the 4th or 5th round. Give me a Bennie Snell or Rodney Anderson and draft me a Safety/LB in the 2nd. Then trade the second 2nd rounder for more picks maybe a 3rd rounder as well. I thought Sanders was a reach. 

I mean for the Eagles sake and as a big fan I hope I'm wrong on the guy. And like I said part of my issues here is we drafted a PSU guy so my PSU Homer friend who overrates every single one of his guys I'll have to listen too. At least when he's asked me about the Florida guys he knows almost zero about I'm giving a more honest answer about the guys. Every time you brought up a weakness of a PSU player it was some sort of BS excuse by him. Then again this guy listens to way too much Sports talk radio. 

According to Ian Rappoport the Eagles are signing former JAX QB Cody Kessler. It's a nice move to add more competition in the QB room. He's also only 26. Thats 5 QBs for OTA's, mini camp and Training Camp we got. 

I agree with this. You wont watch a Sanders cut up without seeing a safety or linebacker completely whiff. 

DJackson10 said:
According to Ian Rappoport the Eagles are signing former JAX QB Cody Kessler. It's a nice move to add more competition in the QB room. He's also only 26. Thats 5 QBs for OTA's, mini camp and Training Camp we got. 
Cody will be the starter come Game 1.

MARK MY WORDS

So the avg fan probably can't afford to go to a game now I guess. I've been expecting this for Football for awhile now. Pretty soon with these newer stadiums in the next 20 yrs many ordinary fans won't be able to afford to attend a game and it'll be all CEO's and other big shots who can afford the tickets. 
Go buy an SBL and get season tickets.

The Eagles Resigned Wiz. Nice G depth but a little strange. I didn't think after being let go he wanted anything to do with us given he called out the coaching staff for benching him saying it wasn't performance based at all. Kind of funny how some guys talk trash and think they are better but when no one signs them else where they come running back when called upon. I mean maybe we could just chalk up his comments then as just frustration but I do find it comical how that happens all the time with avg players. Wiz did a great job during the SB run but he played well above his career avg and it wasn't going to be repeated. We also have Seamulo and the Eagles needed or need to figure out if the guy can play. Given Brooks injury though it did make sense to bring in a Vet G. 

Is anyone involved with the Eagles Autism Challenge tomorrow? I'll be at the Cheer Zone sidelines for the 15 mile bike ride (there's also 30,50) that Jake Elliot is doing. :excited:
30 players are doing one of the bike routes and 11 the 5k run/walk, but only found specifics on Elliott. All coaches are participating, also.
They raised $2.5 million last year.

Mystery Achiever said:
Is anyone involved with the Eagles Autism Challenge tomorrow? I'll be at the Cheer Zone sidelines for the 15 mile bike ride (there's also 30,50) that Jake Elliot is doing. :excited:
30 players are doing one of the bike routes and 11 the 5k run/walk, but only found specifics on Elliott. All coaches are participating, also.
They raised $2.5 million last year.
I should be doing it (since I am Autistic) but I won't be doing it this year. I might do something next year. I might see if my Co workers son who is one of the coaches wants to team up for something. The Kelces teamed up with an Autuistic Neighbor Jason's wife last year and she watches all the away games with him at her Parents house. My Company ACME is also the main sponsor of the event so you might see my President down there with the VP. I didn't participate last year but just wanted to go to see what it was like last year but I unfortunately fractured my Toe if anyone remembers around that time at work so I was kind of not in the best shape to go. 

I'll cheer for you, too, @DJackson10  :)

I just looked at my Volunteer T-shirt to see of I had an ACME logo  but only Lincoln Financial Group made it. Your guys may be down at the Navy Yard or Stadium vs Parkway

Too bad, a dying brand like ACME needs all of the attention they can get, especially if they’re making the investment 

Eagles raised $3.4M this year for the Challenge. The highest donor was The King himself Howard Eskin so props to him. Lurie gave a speech at the end that can be seen on all the Eagles websites and its affiliates. I think he got a little choked up by it too. In the first 2 yrs Eagles Autism Challenge day has raised over $6.5M or so in the 2 events so far. 

Also Chris Long as expected officially announced his retirement today. 

Washington Redskins Rueben Foster suffered a torn ACL in OTA's. I hate seeing another teams player injured but lets just say I doubt this player is gonna garner sympathy around the league 

Had a Jason Kelce Sighting Sunday night. He was in my store. He lives in the area and his father in-law does my electrical at work. Also Kelce's wife announced they are expecting their first child this year. 

In some sad news Nick Foles posted a link to his wife Tori's IG account showing the heartbreak the family went through this past week. They were expecting their 2nd child and Tori went into labor at 15 weeks. She had a miscarry and she apparently had some sort of pneumonia in the blood (Never heard of that before). Really tough time for the Foles family right now. Torie mentioned how most of their family is not with them in Jacksonville and still up north 

Heading to philly for my ffl.leagues annual roadtrip.....trying to see every stadium...havent been to philly since about 2001....is a place called 'show n tell'still there??

Heading to philly for my ffl.leagues annual roadtrip.....trying to see every stadium...havent been to philly since about 2001....is a place called 'show n tell'still there??
Yep. Some clown about 6 years ago brought in an AK 47 from what I remember into the club and lit up the joint. I can't remember the reason why just remember it. 

Users who are viewing this thread