What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now... (1 Viewer)

Ya I think we're both saying the same thing... that there's inconsistencies in the article in which it is trying to paint a far worse picture than is actually the case.  The writer certainly is blending 'players' and 'sources' in order for the reader to think the players actually said those things... when in fact (like you said), it could just have been one 'source' that said the negative things, and "TECHNICALLY", saying "players and sources told us X" would be correct.  Bad writing.
Years ago...yes.

In this day and age...merits a promotion to your next gig.

I honestly can say I've never heard reams and nightmares and don't know what it is.
It's a song by Meek Mill a rapper in Philly who pretty much made himself look bad in a "feud" that was more like a pissing match vs Drake and he got completely owned. Meek Mill is also the Philly rapper who got released from Prison on account of technicality because of the cop who originally arrested him yrs ago was dirty per wiki "Mill was arrested for illegally possessing a firearm and assaulting a policeman when he was 18 years old. He was put on probation.[5][7] In 2008, Mill was convicted of drug dealing and gun possession and was sentenced to 11 to 23 months in prison by Judge Genece Brinkley.[55] After Mill's 2008 conviction, Brinkley would continue to handle Mill's further legal cases. Mill was released during the early portion of 2009 under a five-year parole agreement."  I know it's wiki but they have a great breakdown of all his legal issues from the first arrest to when he gets out. Meek Mill's arrest sheet

The dude would continuously break parole adding more jail time or going back to jail. Once broke parole by not going to anger management and leaving the state without a court order OK and then he punched a member of the media in the face in a STL airport. The dude was a well known underground rapper in Philly. When the social Justice things started the Eagles mainly Malcom Jenkins got involved first with Meek's case because a lot of the guys listened to his stuff in the locker room. Meek's defense team also tried to get a retrial with a new judge because they said the female judge on his original case had it out for him because she had a family member Meek would record with or said he would and broke a promise, so she laid the hammer on him or some other BS the rap community uses in these defenses. Even if the Cop was corrupt it sounds like Meek is a guy himself who always found himself on the wrong side of the law. John Clark the sports reporter for NBC10 seems to have a huge boner for the guy too as he's always posting when he's at sporting events in Philly. Personally I could care less about the guy and I think his material is godawful. He should've been disowned by the city when he lost to bandwagon team cursing zero talent Drake. I honestly never heard of Meek before a few yrs ago when a friend told me about him as I'm always looking for possible some new rap (Thats good) to add to my collection. Listened to some of his popular stuff and I left wondering why people thought this dude was so good. His song Dreams and Nightmares was one of the songs played during the parade last year. 

You guys realize that I could talk to six players who say Wentz is the greatest teammate ever and then read this this thread to get the opinion of JuniorNB and Demon from the internet for other sources and then write a totally accurate article that reads however I want it to read to grab clicks.
100% true.  You have to take all this stuff with a grain of salt.  I'm going by how his teammates are rushing to his defense. And not in a timid way. Nate Sudfeld's quote is the best one.    If Wentz was even the least-bit a spoiled selfish players, his teammates would have loved to just sit back and watch the reaction.  Not saying they would have piled on, but they would have loved to see him 'get his' for once.  That's not how it went. Just a bunch of the team's leaders jumping up and saying it's all bull####.  Even ex-players are saying it's a bunch of crap.  Torrey Smith tweeted the same thing.

Someone in the comments section hinted that the source might be one of the 3 assistant coaches who won't be brought back. Also the guy with the original report seems to have it out for Wentz. Made this comment back in October about Wentz

Sant (Oh who cares what his name is) tweets about how Wentz is two faced back in October
Haha . Makes me almost angry that I learned this tool's name today.  Which was obviously his intention.  I agree with Deamon. I bet Wentz feels more loved than he ever has seeing all his teammates call BS on this and state was an awesome teammate and leader he is.

I chalk these up to:

”If true, we would have heard a while ago”

He has training sessions and team bonding trips and everyone seems to attend. And some of the stuff mentioned is what I want my QB ago be like. 
Just from DH being here and telling stuff from his buddy I've learned to take 99% of what the media says with a grain of salt. Most of the time they are throwing #### up on a wall hoping something sticks. Don't believe a report unless it's written by Reuben Frank, Schefty, Ian Rappoport who seems to have a few Eagles sources, Berman or Jimmy K, or Elliot Shorr-Parks. Unless one of the big guys gets a hold of it and was reporting it I take things with a huge grain of salt. My co worker actually said that Foles comes off a bit selfish at times from what she's experienced with him personally. Maybe its his personality but she's not the first person who says Foles comes off a different way sometimes then what he portrays in the media. I wouldn't go as far to say he is what the report says about Wentz though. I'm sure the source is a former Coach or player or a player who knows he won't be with the team anymore after the year. 

Actually if you read between the lines, it makes sense.  

Was Ertz over targeted - yes

Was Wentz not at 100% and it impacted his game - yes

So take those basic concepts and spin the thoughts in a different direction and you have a story like this.  
Brandon Lee Gowton put this stat in there. 

Ertz targeted with Wentz %9.6

Ertz with Foles %9.1 not really a huge a difference. 

Add Eskin’s take:
Yeah Howard is definitely a guy to take on this too and I can't believe I'm saying that. He's in the locker room more then anyone. This whole thing sounds like a guy trying to get his 15. Sounds more and more like the Mark Eckel DeSean Jackson article about the gang stuff and all that had so many holes in the time stamps that most of the big time Eagles beat guys threw out as fake news before it even was a popular term 

Just from DH being here and telling stuff from his buddy I've learned to take 99% of what the media says with a grain of salt. Most of the time they are throwing #### up on a wall hoping something sticks. Don't believe a report unless it's written by Reuben Frank, Schefty, Ian Rappoport who seems to have a few Eagles sources, Berman or Jimmy K, or Elliot Shorr-Parks. Unless one of the big guys gets a hold of it and was reporting it I take things with a huge grain of salt. My co worker actually said that Foles comes off a bit selfish at times from what she's experienced with him personally. Maybe its his personality but she's not the first person who says Foles comes off a different way sometimes then what he portrays in the media. I wouldn't go as far to say he is what the report says about Wentz though. I'm sure the source is a former Coach or player or a player who knows he won't be with the team anymore after the year. 
I'd exclude Parks.  His reporting is bad IMO.

Maybe he has gotten better though.

and Spike was also the big one making a big deal out of Jeffrey going to the Sixers game with Sudfeld, and why not Wentz. Guy can be a bit goofy
When I saw Eskin I assumed it was Howard not spike and maybe I'm wrong there. But Howard is pretty much spot on with his Eagles stuff and pretty respected by all the players in there. HHis son Spike is the one thats a bit goofy for sure. one minute he can't stop singing the praises of the team the next he's making a hot take 

I don't follow much of that type of stuff.  I know we always see Wentz having camps and taking teammates hunting etc and there's always a ton of players.  If this were as bad as the writer implies I don't think we would see that kind of turnout. For instance a guy like Rodgers is the one who instantly comes to mind but those reports were there from day 1, he comes off that way and his own family wants nothing to do with him.  If Wentz was like what the writer suggested I think it would have came out much sooner, IMO anyway.

You have all the major players for the most part coming right out and bashing the writer.  A writer that Eskin says is barely around the team yet has a flock of people coming to him with this is very suspect.  Maybe there's some minor truths but I think the writer really swung for he fences and wants his name out there.
I won't try to defend Rodgers here even though he's one of my favorite QB's all time but you got to admit what his brother did on the Bachorlette or whatever show he was on airing out the family dirt on a national show many people watch all for some sympathy and to win it was a pretty ####ty thing to do. The guy even went after Aaron for donating money to fire victims from the Camp Fires and accused of him of not calling his parents or donating to that community even though multiple people came out and said the Fires were no where close to Rodgers home. Aaron does come off that way but he did try to work things out with his parents even buying them a house in GB for the season so they could come watch him play and they told him to shove it. I've seen a few people come out and say Jordan is the worst of the brothers. He was your typical jock with the famous brother and he'd always use his brothers name to try to pick up girls or get himself out of trouble. Again I'm not defending Rodgers here but there seems to be a lot more going on within Aaron's family then any of us know.  Aaron can be a ##### for sure though. You're right on the reports of Aaron coming out and if Wentz was like that the reports would be out sooner though. However I've read a few things where Aaron tried to make things right with his parents and they pretty much won't even give him 5 mins. Seems Aaron for awhile wanted to make things right with his parents at least. I know the family wasn't too pleased with him dating Olivia Munn for whatever reason. 

Ya I'm pretty sure he read the article.  Players all the time say they don't read media or anything, but if a bunch of linemen already have read the article, I'm sure Carson has too.  Even if everything in the article was BS (I'm assuming 90% of it is, but there could be some truth to 10% of it), then reading it will only make him a better teammate and harder worker and at least aware of some things that could potentially be looked negative upon for ANY qb in the league.
We all know The Mayor of Philly Jason Kelce Reads the media  :bow:

Man, I hate takes like this.

1. He is a good/great coach
  2. Besides the QB there's 23 other guys including the kicker and punter.  More if you include long snapper and nickel/dime DB's....anyway, my point is that maybe...just MAYBE he only made one SB was because the TEAM wasn't good enough.  Not just one guy and one coach
  3. You and anyone who hates the Saints can be glad they lost but they got jobbed in that game.

They've had good teams before but Payton has out coached himself trying to be the smartest guy in the room. He's had a hell of an offense for years and barely addressed the defensive needs all that time. That's on him and others in the org who make those moves. Yeah they got jobbed but IMHO it's karma for them. We got jobbed in the Dallas game at Dallas weeks before on two terrible calls. Again had the Rams loss the refs missed a blatant facemask on goff not called. If Payton the next possession on the drive they got jobbed runs in on First and 2nd down maybe we aren't talking about a blown call. The Blown call will be talked about but maybe Payton could've called a better game at the end. 

Overall, I'm happy the article came out.  Seems to be rallying the team around Carson.
I loved Kelce's response in "I'm not giving some no named guy the time of day or whatever." You can bet your paychecks for the year if we win the SB next year Kelce will be mentioning this clown in his speech just like he mentioned that clown Lombardi for saying Pederson was the worst HC hire of that offseason yet he's the only one who has a ring and still has a job HC job. 

Haha . Makes me almost angry that I learned this tool's name today.  Which was obviously his intention.  I agree with Deamon. I bet Wentz feels more loved than he ever has seeing all his teammates call BS on this and state was an awesome teammate and leader he is.
Yeah the guy has an incredible punchable face (Writer) too. I have to ask my buddy who has media credentials if he knows this guy. Apparently BGN's Brandon Lee Gowton knows him by the simple fact he sits next to him at Eagles games. I think it's funny how the players are coming out with WTF is that guy? I've never heard of him. Just shows what BS it really is. This also gives a great example of what I was talking about with Brady being two faced and with the stuff that came out about him and team this past season. You didn't see a lot of current guys rush to Brady or Bill's defense here like the guys have for Wentz. You had the typical former teammates like Harrison coming to his aid but there was no mad rush of "hey we need to defend our QB." This is a very good team chemistry builder to draw these guys even closer together then what they already are. And like someone mentioned if Wentz was anyway the guy this article portrayed you'd have seen more defense of keeping Foles by the org. Plus Both Andy Reid and Marty sung the praises of Carson's personality as well. 

100% true.  You have to take all this stuff with a grain of salt.  I'm going by how his teammates are rushing to his defense. And not in a timid way. Nate Sudfeld's quote is the best one.    If Wentz was even the least-bit a spoiled selfish players, his teammates would have loved to just sit back and watch the reaction.  Not saying they would have piled on, but they would have loved to see him 'get his' for once.  That's not how it went. Just a bunch of the team's leaders jumping up and saying it's all bull####.  Even ex-players are saying it's a bunch of crap.  Torrey Smith tweeted the same thing.
I think I love this guy more now then when he was here. Not only sticking up for Wentz but he was sticking up for Jenkins when that Clown Eric Reid tried to start his act before the Eagles/Panthers game. Smith went at it with Reid on the sideline that it was like Smith was still an Eagle. Just shows the type of guy Torrey is. Always liked the guy too and was sad to see him leave. Would've given him one more year honestly. 

I think I love this guy more now then when he was here. Not only sticking up for Wentz but he was sticking up for Jenkins when that Clown Eric Reid tried to start his act before the Eagles/Panthers game. Smith went at it with Reid on the sideline that it was like Smith was still an Eagle. Just shows the type of guy Torrey is. Always liked the guy too and was sad to see him leave. Would've given him one more year honestly. 
New rule for '19 thread.  3 posts in a row maximum :P

What makes it worse is that now we're going to let go of the "good guy" and keep the "bad guy" because of this clown.  
Some Eagles fans are looking for a reason to dislike Wentz. Even though every teammate has come out and said it's total bull####, those 'fans' will use it as justification.  Can't worry about people like them. There is no hope for fans like that.  It always amazes me how loyal most other teams are with their young quarterback prospects compared to how some in this town treat Wentz. Ever hear Cowboy fans defend Dak Prescott? They never talk **** about him. They see him as their future and love and support him, almost blindly in some instances. They talk like he's the next Joe Montana. And here we have Carson Wentz. Who is twice the prospect and already has an MVP-caliber year under his belt.  And there's this subset of fans who seem to want to run him out of town.  It just blows my mind. 

And now the reporter is walking back his story....unreal lol
What's he saying now? Can't find anything on it.

He's pretty much made a name for himself with this story, but also guaranteed no Eagles players will EVER talk to him again if he requests interviews.

What's he saying now? Can't find anything on it.

He's pretty much made a name for himself with this story, but also guaranteed no Eagles players will EVER talk to him again if he requests interviews.
From Marcus Hayes:

I spoke to @JSantoliquito, the writer whose story paints #CarsonWentz as ... an imperfect QB. Joe admitted he made a mistake or two, but stood by the bulk of his story.

Some Eagles fans are looking for a reason to dislike Wentz. Even though every teammate has come out and said it's total bull####, those 'fans' will use it as justification.  Can't worry about people like them. There is no hope for fans like that.  It always amazes me how loyal most other teams are with their young quarterback prospects compared to how some in this town treat Wentz. Ever hear Cowboy fans defend Dak Prescott? They never talk **** about him. They see him as their future and love and support him, almost blindly in some instances. They talk like he's the next Joe Montana. And here we have Carson Wentz. Who is twice the prospect and already has an MVP-caliber year under his belt.  And there's this subset of fans who seem to want to run him out of town.  It just blows my mind. 
its the whole Foles won a SB and what have you done for me now mentality. It's the Radio fans mindset. Some blind loyalty to guys like Angelo and others taking their word like it's the Gospel truth. Anyone else is wrong and they can run the team better the professionals. That's all it is 

its the whole Foles won a SB and what have you done for me now mentality. It's the Radio fans mindset. Some blind loyalty to guys like Angelo and others taking their word like it's the Gospel truth. Anyone else is wrong and they can run the team better the professionals. That's all it is 
If Wentz didn’t get hurt last year, the Eagles would have been the favorite to win the super bowl (as opposed to a # 1 seed underdog in 3 rounds).  Those fans with that “what have you done for me lately” sentiment are morons.  He’s been in the league for 3 years now?  Give him time to create his legacy.  Goff is about to get his first Super Bowl victory and I think him and Wentz are about on the same level.

fred_1_15301 said:
If Wentz didn’t get hurt last year, the Eagles would have been the favorite to win the super bowl (as opposed to a # 1 seed underdog in 3 rounds).  Those fans with that “what have you done for me lately” sentiment are morons.  He’s been in the league for 3 years now?  Give him time to create his legacy.  Goff is about to get his first Super Bowl victory and I think him and Wentz are about on the same level.
I agree with this as far as their development goes. Interesting fact is that Goff went through a three-game stretch this season where he had one touchdown pass and seven interceptions. The same total that Carson Wentz had all season. I guarantee there weren't any Rams fans thinking they should get rid of him.

DJackson10 said:
To reiterate that radio mentality, I listened to the radio for 5 mins while dropping my daughter off at an activity. What were they talking about? How the story has to have some truth to it. Why else would it come out. Sigh

fred_1_15301 said:
Exactly. Plus if it wasn't for Wentz, Foles isn't in that position to begin with. Look what Foles did last year was incredible but the dude is an incredible inconsistent Systems QB. He's an incredible back up I wish we could keep but even if we could I think getting rid of him is the best thing the Eagles can do for themselves and Wentz's future. I loved them drafting Foles and even had my comment from after he was drafted Foles would win the Eagles a SB eventually. Well it wasn't looking like a status that aged well for a bit until last season. I love the guys heart and character and toughness. But he's not worth the money and he's about to turn 30. Maybe Foles is a late bloomer and I won't put last Sundays loss solely on him but he was also one of the issues we lost. He threw a ton of bad balls out there. In the last 4-5 weeks Foles also had at least 3-4 could've been costly Turnovers especially the 2 INTs in the RZ one Vs LA and the other I believe was either HOU or Washington that took at the very least 3 points off the board. Wentz is the future. I've said since day 1 when I wanted this guy he's a mix of Favre, Rodgers, Big Ben and Peyton all in one. He's got Peyton's knowledge and IQ of the game (Only QB since Peyton who was calling plays in college at the Line of Scrimmage), he's built sort of like Ben so he can take the big hits, he has the pocket escapability and movement of Rodgers and he has a gunslingers mentality like Favre. He's a great person and leader and last year it showed when he wasn't out there during the SB run he was very supportive of Foles. Name me another QB who would've done that? We already know Favre's issues with Rodgers and a report came out this season that Brady went to Kraft to trade Jimmy G. We know how competitive Rivers is so I doubt he'd have done it because he wants to be the one out there. Wentz put his ego aside for the betterment of the team. Just shows you the type of person and teammate he is. Most of these Foles supporters are probably the dumb nuts who thought firing Kelly and hiring Doug was wrong and how we should've kept Bradford most likely too. 

To reiterate that radio mentality, I listened to the radio for 5 mins while dropping my daughter off at an activity. What were they talking about? How the story has to have some truth to it. Why else would it come out. Sigh
No travel for me today so didn’t listen to any of it. Thank god...

No idea. I stopped listening when Bruno left and given what Bruno says goes on behind the scenes it's nothing but hS drama at both stations with a bunch of frat boys wannabe athletes. I've been to NY and have listened to WFAN and the talk there is so much more civilized and educational. 

I agree with this as far as their development goes. Interesting fact is that Goff went through a three-game stretch this season where he had one touchdown pass and seven interceptions. The same total that Carson Wentz had all season. I guarantee there weren't any Rams fans thinking they should get rid of him.
Yeah if I had to pick one based on what I’ve seen in their young careers, I would take Wentz.  Although Goff has also had stretches where he’s looked elite.  There are so many great young QBs in the game right now and I believe the Eagles have one of them.  Can’t believe there are fans who don’t see this.  

You’re better off doing either 😉
Thankfully we don't need his dad to drive us like when we were younger because he use to have it on all the time. Sports talk in this town has really led me to hate the fans here of the teams more to the point we really don't deserve these great players we get. 

Yeah if I had to pick one based on what I’ve seen in their young careers, I would take Wentz.  Although Goff has also had stretches where he’s looked elite.  There are so many great young QBs in the game right now and I believe the Eagles have one of them.  Can’t believe there are fans who don’t see this.  
Remember a few years ago when it seemed everyone was worried there’d be a dearth of QBs after Manning retired and it didn’t seem like Brady and Brees would play into their 40s? But now you have Mahomes, Goff, Wentz, Watson and mayfield, Allen and Darnold (rookies I know but promising) all coming up. Wilson still is a talent too among others. The league's future at QB looks in fine shape.

Remember a few years ago when it seemed everyone was worried there’d be a dearth of QBs after Manning retired and it didn’t seem like Brady and Brees would play into their 40s? But now you have Mahomes, Goff, Wentz, Watson and mayfield, Allen and Darnold (rookies I know but promising) all coming up. Wilson still is a talent too among others. The league's future at QB looks in fine shape.
Andrew Luck is about Wilson's age too, I believe. 

Also Trubisky.  It’s great for the league.

Thankfully we don't need his dad to drive us like when we were younger because he use to have it on all the time. Sports talk in this town has really led me to hate the fans here of the teams more to the point we really don't deserve these great players we get. 
Yeah but it’s an extremely small percentage of nimrods that call in. You can’t  use those people as indicative of the whole fan base. I mostly think our fan base is tremendous. I’d be willing to bet none of us who actually take the time out to articulate a POV in writing have ever called in to talk to one of these buffoons.

Yeah but it’s an extremely small percentage of nimrods that call in. You can’t  use those people as indicative of the whole fan base. I mostly think our fan base is tremendous. I’d be willing to bet none of us who actually take the time out to articulate a POV in writing have ever called in to talk to one of these buffoons.
Thankfully to Howie and Doug this is a non issue. There was never a hesitation that Carson is the guy.

Users who are viewing this thread