Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Insein

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Now the Aftermath; Alshon done, Lane Week to week, Howard, Agholar Who Knows?

17 hours ago, Mystery Achiever said:

I watched Q4 of the super bowl over the weekend and was reminded that Agholor made several good catches. 
Wonder if it is normal regression, change in coaching, change in QB...?

Funny, after that #### show in Sunday I had the play by play highlights video of the super bowl running on my desktop at work yesterday.  Then I watched the history of the Philly Special.  Then I watched the crowd reaction to the Philly Special at Xfinity Live.  What a magical run that year was.

One takeaway from that season that makes me optimistic about this year.  We were not running enough in the beginning of the season, clearly.  The players spoke up and Doug listened.  He started running more and we started trucking teams.  After Carson went down, Foles came in and really didn't play great.  Everyone was assuming our season was over, even though we'd clinched a bye at that point.  Doug and company recognized his strengths in the RPO and re-adjusted the play calling to suit him and the rest is history.  

In my mind Doug has earned the benefit of the doubt.  He revamped his play calling drastically, twice, in that season.  There is definitely time to turn this thing around.  Like I said earlier, no one expected us to beat both NE and Seattle; we always had to split these two games.  So we still need to.  

I trust in Doug to right the ship.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, unckeyherb said:

Funny, after that #### show in Sunday I had the play by play highlights video of the super bowl running on my desktop at work yesterday.  Then I watched the history of the Philly Special.  Then I watched the crowd reaction to the Philly Special at Xfinity Live.  What a magical run that year was.

One takeaway from that season that makes me optimistic about this year.  We were not running enough in the beginning of the season, clearly.  The players spoke up and Doug listened.  He started running more and we started trucking teams.  After Carson went down, Foles came in and really didn't play great.  Everyone was assuming our season was over, even though we'd clinched a bye at that point.  Doug and company recognized his strengths in the RPO and re-adjusted the play calling to suit him and the rest is history.  

In my mind Doug has earned the benefit of the doubt.  He revamped his play calling drastically, twice, in that season.  There is definitely time to turn this thing around.  Like I said earlier, no one expected us to beat both NE and Seattle; we always had to split these two games.  So we still need to.  

i'm on board with this, but in thinking about the fact that they came out of the bye and didn't seem to do much to change, i'm not sure what to think.  Maybe they just don't have a confidence in the personnel between the injuries and performance to run what they really want to run.

8 minutes ago, babydemon90 said:

Wow I knew hes been bad but yeesh

21 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Receptions this season:

Michael Thomas - 94
Philadelphia Eagles - 93

I'm assuming this is just WR receptions?  Cause Carson has 210 completions.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, babydemon90 said:

Oof

On 11/18/2019 at 4:49 PM, Bigboy10182000 said:

The WR’s we rolled out yesterday have to be the worst in the NFL by a lot right?

I’d consider giving up my left nut for Thrash and Pinkston...

• Laughing 3

6 hours ago, unckeyherb said:

Lane leaving changed everything, I still don’t get why Doug abandoned the run after that but...like you, I still have confidence in him. 

Howie on on the other hand, has lost most of his cache with me.

i think Agholor, Sloth with 4 names and Ben Simmons need the best shrink on the planet at this point

Edited by Kwai Chang Caine

4 hours ago, need2know said:

Well  Vegas thinks the sea phili game is gonna be close 

This Seattle homer tends to agree. Seahawks have played well at times, but lucked out some too. Thinking the status of the Philly o-line will be big. 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 4:49 PM, Bigboy10182000 said:

Aghalor faking an injury after the drop just shows you where he is mentally. He’s done.

I thought it seemed like he was faking it too, but he missed practice today with a knee injury so either it's real or he's taking the fake injury too far.

So Lane is out this week.  What a massive blow.  Our Oline was awful after he went out last week.

Oh and Nelson is questionable now too.  There's a good chance Jordan Matthews is our #1 WR this week.  That is so insanely messed up.

What do you guys expect from Wentz tomorrow?  Will the Eagles focus on the running game and if so, will they be successful?  Or will they have to throw the ball by default?  The SEA defense doesn't look as scary with Clowney looking doubtful to play.

8 minutes ago, Steeler said:

What do you guys expect from Wentz tomorrow?  Will the Eagles focus on the running game and if so, will they be successful?  Or will they have to throw the ball by default?  The SEA defense doesn't look as scary with Clowney looking doubtful to play.

I think both.

It's been 30 years since the Eagles beat the Seahawks at Philly.   I think we're looking at 31.   Eagles are a mess.

25 minutes ago, -fish- said:

It's been 30 years since the Eagles beat the Seahawks at Philly.   I think we're looking at 31.   Eagles are a mess.

I like the way you think 

1 hour ago, -fish- said:

It's been 4 games :lmao:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steeler said:

If you’re thinking of fantasy purposes, as of now I have friggen Darnold in over Wentz. I just can’t trust him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steeler said:

Dont start him

• Like 1

They better have  a better gameplan on offense than what we saw vs the Patriots.  That was pathetic 

Edited by need2know

3 hours ago, lod001 said:

They need to use this upcoming epic WR draft to fix the problem.

One of the bama wrs would be nice

4 hours ago, Steeler said:

Gonna be a contrarian here. As long as the trio of Ertz, Goedert, and Sanders are healthy, Carson still has some quality targets. Kind of odd that a team whose defensive philosophy downgrades LB value seems best built on offense to stress opponent LBs.

WEntz isn't the elite option I expected him to be this year, but I think with those three healthy he still belongs in the low end #1/higher end #2 discussion. Not an auto-start, but it would take a pretty good option to unseat him

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steeler said:

without Lane, and considering the way they've run the offense for most of the year, I doubt they will lean on the run game.  whether that's wise or not...i would probably lean away from Wentz.

6 hours ago, lod001 said:

They need to use this upcoming epic WR draft to fix the problem.

Yep, time to throw a #1 at a top WR to pair with Carson for his prime years. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Yep, time to throw a #1 at a top WR to pair with Carson for his prime years. 

And it better be someone who can mother f&ckin’ fly! I don’t want to hear about how the player “can win the contested balls.” That’s a euphemism for he’s SLOW.

Edited by Kwai Chang Caine
  • Like 1

Don't know what you guys are worried about. Greg Ward was signed from the practice squad and Rudy Ford to IR. Problems solved.

8 hours ago, jasvic said:

Don't know what you guys are worried about. Greg Ward was signed from the practice squad and Rudy Ford to IR. Problems solved.

Sadly this makes me very excited, if nothing else it at least won’t be a repeat of the same movie we’ve watched since week 2. Someone else deserved a shot a long time ago. 

• Like 1

Alshon out again, can’t believe they guaranteed this guys contract next year. Stealing money. 

14 minutes ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

Somehow against all odds, I think Wentz comes up big today!

I think I have to take it back after that missed throw to sanders. JFC...

5 minutes ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

I think I have to take it back after that missed throw to sanders. JFC...

I dont get how you miss that.  High schoolers make that throw

11 minutes ago, babydemon90 said:

I dont get how you miss that.  High schoolers make that throw

honestly an average 8 year old can make that throw 8 out of 10

Worst part is that contract locks us in to Wentz till 2023 at least.  Howie giving out all this free money to ####ty players has killed us.

11 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Wentz is seriously starting to have a Romo feel to him for me. 

I wish he was Romo at this point. He's more scared to throw to anyone. Romo was a gunslinger. That was his problem.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

43 minutes ago, babydemon90 said:

Worst part is that contract locks us in to Wentz till 2023 at least.  Howie giving out all this free money to ####ty players has killed us.

I agree that it is fair to question wentz, but far from time to panic.

look at Dak this time last year vs now 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Silver lining: my opponent in my work league is starting wentz today.

Must not play fantasy much

35 minutes ago, need2know said:

People need to be benched and coaches need to be fired 

I agree. 

At the same time it will come down to the Dallas game most likely, could still make playoffs. Disappointed for sure though as going in I thought we were in the top tier like Seattle but in reality this is an average squad that looks lazy, poorly coached, and lacking talent from poor drafting. 

Edited by GoBirds
  • Like 1