Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Insein

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now...

2 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Agreed both won’t go unless Jim upgrades than it’s possible. Read a lot or Kellen Moore possible coming here though if Dallas gets rid of him. 

Nope. No thanks.

7 hours ago, dhockster said:

Alshon has a cap hit of $15.4 million if he is on the Eagles next year.

If the Eagles are able to trade him, their cap hit is about $16.2 next year of dead money (the new team pays his $9.9 million salary).

The Eagles may have to pay part of his salary to make the trade, or they could include a draft pick with Jeffery to get the new team to pay the whole salary (The Texans did this when they traded Brock Osweiller to Cleveland).

If the Eagles cut Alshon, their cap hit is about $26.1 next year of dead money.

Right now the Eagles have $49 million in cap space and have 47 players under contract.

Based on all that has been reported about Alshon's complaints this year, I really don't see them keeping him around. I think a trade is the most likely result.

I would be surprised if anyone would trade for him:

Overpriced, Injured, older, and potentially/allegedly a locker room distraction.  Don't see alot of teams lining up for that.  given the cap hit, I think Eagles keep him and try to salvage  some value from him.  They need to sign or draft a primary receiver.  

Jeffery, Ward, JJAW, Jackson will be here.  Add a free agent like Robby Anderson.  Thats probably it.  After next year, Jackson and Jeffery should be off the books.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Noid said:

I think the issue with his defense while he's been here has been mostly situational. Overall, yes, things look good when you look at the numbers. But it's the how, and when, the defensive calls/performance come up short that is often frustrating. 

Think of how different things would be if the offense "only" put up 4 TDs and a FG in SB52 and lost 33-31 to a Patriots team that gained 613 yards and never punted?

I often wonder how readily an upgrade could happen if Schwartz was replaced. I admire the fact that perceptually he blitzed more this year which was an adjustment. How much has he been hamstrung by the lack of talent at LB and CB? Everyone takes notice of the practice squad on offense but how about the LBs and CBs?  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Deamon said:

I actually wouldn't mind Kellen at all. 

And ya I don't think Scwartz gets hired elsewhere.  I know he's got issues but I honestly am good with him back.

just embrace his style and FFS get some corners

8 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

And I was looking around at some numbers and Schwartz didn’t do as bad a job as I thought, numbers wise. If he could develop a few on that side of the ball it could be scary 

I'm more concerned throughout his career can you name me 3 guys he actually developed that had impacts on his Defenses? At the same time I could tell you probably 10 guys Jim Johnson developed who made huge impacts here 

8 hours ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

I’m more pissed today than yesterday. I can’t believe it. 

I feel absolutely terrible for Wentz. I’ll be the first to admit that half way through the season I worried that he was damaged goods. That the knee and back injuries were going to rob him of that extra gear and elite skill set he exhibited in 2017. But my God his maturity and grace under pressure have elevated him in my eyes to one of the greatest athletes this town has ever had. No matter how this season turned out, I see only positives for number 11.

I know a lot of you can’t stand Mikey Miss but he came totally correct yesterday and echoed what we think in here and totally crushed the fools that called in questioning Wetnz’s Toughness. Thankfully in the 45 minutes I listened, they were the minority. 

I get we are mad and bummed but that said, I hope Philly fans doesn’t disgrace themselves  the way Saints and Vikings fans have acted butthurt the last two years. We are Philly fans. We are used to this sh/t. 

We all we got—we all we need! 

I just saw a Video of Saints fans throwing trash, beer cans food etc as the Refs exited the field and barely a peep from the National media the last 2 days about it 

Guess it's time to shut it down. We're at 100. 

4 minutes ago, Insein said:

Who's in charge of the next seasons page? 

18 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

I just saw a Video of Saints fans throwing trash, beer cans food etc as the Refs exited the field and barely a peep from the National media the last 2 days about it 

Better than the videos I've seen of Eagles fans throwing unopened beer cans at opposing team's fans.

Just now, Shawnky said:

Better than the videos I've seen of Eagles fans throwing unopened beer cans at opposing team's fans.

:whoosh:

• Laughing 1

15 minutes ago, Shawnky said:

That was at Coach P. At the Super Bowl parade. And he caught it. Nothing worse than a hating fool caught in his lie. :lmao:

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

43 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

I'm more concerned throughout his career can you name me 3 guys he actually developed that had impacts on his Defenses? At the same time I could tell you probably 10 guys Jim Johnson developed who made huge impacts here 

Agreed. You would think in his time here we could come up with at least ONE guy he’s developed into a good/great player. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Insein said:

Keep up the great work in 2020 my friend. 

6 hours ago, Deamon said:

Yep the 3 teams in our division didn't waste any time hiring coaches.  Surprised they went so quick.  Our div now has:  Doug Peterson, Mike McCarthy, Joe Judge, and Ron Rivera.  Interesting mix of guys in there, and they all own a SB ring.

agreed it is surprising how quickly they went. Guess the Rooney Rule is no longer that applicable, but :shrug:. Ron Rivera is the bests hire i think by far of those coaches. Will be interesting to see what he can do there, that roster needs work. I still think McCarthy is a coin flip. if the rumors are true about him improving his ability with the King interview maybe he has something. if not, he is probably just as good as Garrett. Jury is out on Judge, but with the Giants jumping on him makes me wonder a little why they had to rush that hire. I questioned the Daniel Jones pick though too, so maybe they know something a lot of us don't.

1 hour ago, Shawnky said:

You completely missed the point. Those stories got national news. The Saints fans didn't get a peep. 

26 minutes ago, modogg said:

agreed it is surprising how quickly they went. Guess the Rooney Rule is no longer that applicable, but :shrug:. Ron Rivera is the bests hire i think by far of those coaches. Will be interesting to see what he can do there, that roster needs work. I still think McCarthy is a coin flip. if the rumors are true about him improving his ability with the King interview maybe he has something. if not, he is probably just as good as Garrett. Jury is out on Judge, but with the Giants jumping on him makes me wonder a little why they had to rush that hire. I questioned the Daniel Jones pick though too, so maybe they know something a lot of us don't.

Most black coaches hate the Rooney rule and so do teams. Organizations find loop holes and interview a guy they have no chance to hire just to get that out of the way. Our own team did it with Duce twice in the last 7yrs 

6 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

You completely missed the point. Those stories got national news. The Saints fans didn't get a peep. 

And?  Saints fans don't have the reputation Eagles fans do.  And based on the incompetence of recent years, I have no problem with harassment of the refs.  If only it could be done to Goodell.

1 hour ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Keep up the great work in 2020 my friend. 

I think @Deamon has the new one. Even year time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Insein said:

I think @Deamon has the new one. Even year time.

Yeah I can do it again if no one else wants it.  I offer slightly less clever thread titles but will do my best. 

Am also moving down to Australia for the next 6 months so be prepared for middle of the night posts.  But I get to watch the Super Bowl live on a Monday morning so that's a plus.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Deamon said:

Yeah I can do it again if no one else wants it.  I offer slightly less clever thread titles but will do my best. 

Am also moving down to Australia for the next 6 months so be prepared for middle of the night posts.  But I get to watch the Super Bowl live on a Monday morning so that's a plus.

I'll try taking the reigns for this year: 2020 thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Would you have a link to that video, perchance?

9 hours ago, Deamon said:

Safe travels. It’s getting crazy out there!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, G-King said:

Safe travels. It’s getting crazy out there!

Yep, thanks.  Am going to mostly be in an area that's got some smoke but isn't anywhere close to the fires.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shawnky said:

Now it's easy to see why it didn't get national news.

:fishing: somewhere else 

• Laughing 1