What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now... (2 Viewers)

Hey fellas, as an aside here, who y’all rooting for in the final four? I’m in a quandary. All 4 teams are really good but it’s the head coaches that bother me.

Peyton. Can’t stand him. And I’m salty about three playoff losses in ten years to this djck. MCVay. Well I’m salty that he won coach of the year over Doug last year. And I’m kind of “screw LA and their non-fans” just on general principle. The Hoodie. Though I’ve grudgingly come to respect him....I just can’t. 

Guess that leaves Andy. I suppose the better angels of my nature would say root for him. On the other hand there is a part of me that wants to see him win the big one about as much as I’d like to see my ex old lady win the lottery. I have no ill will against either but I also don’t have strong regard really...

Well?

Evidently there is a longer rap sheet on him. It’s why he went to Toledo. I say we draft one high. Quit dicking around with players like pumphry. Also, Hunt will serve some type of suspension. Maybe 6 games. Guess we could live with it but I doubt they’d sign him.

We coulda had Kamara....
We could've had a lot of players including JuJu 

Lots of good free agent safeties this season.  We should target one of the top guys on this list.

1.  Earl Thomas

2. Tyrann Mathieu

3. Lamarcus Joyner

4. Landon Collins

5. Adrian Amos

6. Tre Boston

7. Eric Reid

8. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

9. Ron Parker

10. Kenny Vaccaro
Not sure I trust anyone from SEA anymore. I'd take Honey Badger or Landon Collins or Dix and Vaccaro. I want no part in Eric Reid and he still seems to have beef with Jenkins. 

Hey fellas, as an aside here, who y’all rooting for in the final four? I’m in a quandary. All 4 teams are really good but it’s the head coaches that bother me.

Peyton. Can’t stand him. And I’m salty about three playoff losses in ten years to this djck. MCVay. Well I’m salty that he won coach of the year over Doug last year. And I’m kind of “screw LA and their non-fans” just on general principle. The Hoodie. Though I’ve grudgingly come to respect him....I just can’t. 

Guess that leaves Andy. I suppose the better angels of my nature would say root for him. On the other hand there is a part of me that wants to see him win the big one about as much as I’d like to see my ex old lady win the lottery. I have no ill will against either but I also don’t have strong regard really...

Well?
Easily Big Red

Well?
I would be shocked if any Philly fan cheered for anyone but KC now.

Reid did great things here.  Left on good terms, never said anything bad.  Was a good trade partner with us since then, we often shuffled qbs back and forth a little bit.  Seems like one of the best relationships (if there is such thing) between two organizations in the league.  He even helped Philly by letting McNabb and Smith both go to Washington.  KC is a fun team to root for and Andy deserves a title more than any coach in the league, and I'm not sure it's close.

I actually don't mind the Patriots.  And never minded New Orleans or The Rams until this year, but hate both now.  But once I'm over yesterdays loss, I'll be cheering for KC.

Well?
I want a KC vs LA SB. I think it'd be great to see Andy finally win the big one. I'd like to see LA win because of everything that's happened in LA over the past several months with the Fires and all. Could really give a boost to the community there maybe bring in more fans for them. I don't want to see the Saints because I think Peyton is a douchbag and might be the most overrated coach in the NFL. I can't stand the Patriots. Some of that is from a co worker who just likes Brady and she's a complete ####### to people when the Patriots win. She apparently flipped when the Eagles beat them last year and got into an argument with neighbors over it. SHe's a crazy loon. I think NE has won enough cheating and otherwise. It'd be nice to see them go through a few yrs of not winning. Go with SB loss, AFCC Title Game Loss, Loss In 2nd round, loss in wildcard to not making the playoffs after that. I also can't stand the douchbaggery of the Boston fans. I actually use to feel sorry for them but now I realize why New Yorkers hate Boston fans so much even when Boston wasn't as successful

JUST in case anyone still somehow thinks we can keep both (There's actually a few out there)

Foles:  "Yeah, like I said, I would love to lead a team.  The starter thing, leading a team, impacting a locker room ... that's why we play the game, to impact people, to create an atmosphere."

I would be shocked if any Philly fan cheered for anyone but KC now.
You’d be surprised. I’ve been kinda ambivalent about Andy since he left. Having won one last year, it’s much easier to root for him. I like Kelce too. Getting past the Hoodie will be tough.

I hope Rams win NFC. I’ve come to hate Peyton to almost Kelly levels.

Well?
why so anti-reid?

Nah just a troll probably upset his team can't have the Chosen One. Maybe a jealous Dal fan knowing both our QB's are better then his 
Not at all. Just see that Foles is ideally what wentz could be. One is a known quantity, other can’t stay on the field and will demand a top-5 extension. Easy decision here. Btw you seem like you’re mad extra on all your takes.

why so anti-reid?
I’m not. Above I said I was more ambivalent. Maybe it was the last few years he was here. Maybe it’s personal connections I have that paint a different picture of the guy. No point in getting into that though. In any case, with us having one I feel different. I don’t think I’d have been thrilled to see him win somewhere else before us. 🤷‍♂️

2019 draft picks

Round 1: Philadelphia

Round 2: Philadelphia, Baltimore

Round 3: None

Round 4: Philadelphia 

Round 5: Philadelphia 

Round 6: Philadelphia 

Round 7: Denver*

The Eagles picked up an extra second-rounder this year in the deal that allowed the Ravens to get to No. 32 and draft Lamar Jackson last year. They're missing a third-round pick after trading theirs for Golden Tate. They also picked up a conditional seventh-rounder from the Broncos in for Allen Barbre in 2017, but then included one of their sevenths in the trade to move up for Jordan Mailata in last year's draft and the other as a conditional pick in the Deiondre Hall deal. So when it's all said and done, they may end up with no picks in the last round.
They’re also projected to receive an additional 4 and two 6’s as compensatory picks from last years FA

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

Not at all. Just see that Foles is ideally what wentz could be. One is a known quantity, other can’t stay on the field and will demand a top-5 extension. Easy decision here. Btw you seem like you’re mad extra on all your takes.
You know for the last couple weeks I was very interested in weighing both cases for either QB being the one to stay. If nothing else for “due diligence.” There is no doubt too, that Foles has a special place in all our hearts and that’s going to give an extra emotional investment as well. 

Let me preface by saying that sometimes the word “potential” does aggravate me but in the final analysis, Wentz has the potential to be one of the top QBs in the entire league. He’s already demonstrated it once. Yes, he needs to stay healthy but also, he may have learned a lot from Foles especially considering he’s younger. What could a 29 year old Wentz be like with experience?  At the end of the day, you can’t give up the guy who could be an all time great. Maybe he falls short and never overcomes the injury plague. But maybe he winds up being an all time great too. He has all the tools. With that potential, you have to see where this goes. I also think that ultimately Wentz is going to be the type of QB that can carry the team if things go south in other areas. Our O-Line might be a legit concern next year. Wentz has the physical skills to handle that better. We know he’s smart as hell too. He will eventually read the field as well if not better than Foles. And watching Foles has no doubt helped. 

It took me a bit to really come down on the side of Wentz but you can’t give him up. 

You know for the last couple weeks I was very interested in weighing both cases for either QB being the one to stay. If nothing else for “due diligence.” There is no doubt too, that Foles has a special place in all our hearts and that’s going to give an extra emotional investment as well. 

Let me preface by saying that sometimes the word “potential” does aggravate me but in the final analysis, Wentz has the potential to be one of the top QBs in the entire league. He’s already demonstrated it once. Yes, he needs to stay healthy but also, he may have learned a lot from Foles especially considering he’s younger. What could a 29 year old Wentz be like with experience?  At the end of the day, you can’t give up the guy who could be an all time great. Maybe he falls short and never overcomes the injury plague. But maybe he winds up being an all time great too. He has all the tools. With that potential, you have to see where this goes. I also think that ultimately Wentz is going to be the type of QB that can carry the team if things go south in other areas. Our O-Line might be a legit concern next year. Wentz has the physical skills to handle that better. We know he’s smart as hell too. He will eventually read the field as well if not better than Foles. And watching Foles has no doubt helped. 

It took me a bit to really come down on the side of Wentz but you can’t give him up. 
You were living in the moment where Foles was red hot and looking like he was about to take the Eagles on another historic run.  Can’t really fault you were wanting Foles at the time.

It really sucks that Foles has to go. He is an all-time Philly legend now. Wentz has near-genius IQ and a photographic memory. I hope he is able to take away some of the things that Foles did so well.  A bad habit Wentz picked up this year was making Ertz his first read every single play.  As discussed earlier, I think some of that may have had to do with not getting any work in with the receivers this past offseason or training camp. But whatever the reason, I hope he saw how Foles spread it out.  Although Wentz always appeared to be calm and collected, I hope Foles' way of dealing with pressure also rubbed off.  I really wish Foles was under contract and could stay a few more years, but he deserves a chance to lead a team as their undisputed starter. I pray it's not the Giants because I want his new team to be my new #2 favorite. I couldn't root for him as hard as I'd like if he was in the division.  Jacksonville or Miami would be the teams I hope he signs with.

His fractured back takes 3-4 months to heal. It won’t be a full off-season. He’s injury prone and hasn’t proven anything aside from dominating against a last place schedule, when we he was playing behind the best o-line in football. Quickest way to fix this team is to trade him for multiple picks and sign Foles a more proven QB to a lower contract extension.
Your opinion is not wanted in this thread unless you are fellating everyone involved with the Eagles, their fans and the entire greater Philadelphia area.

HTH 👍

Not many retired numbers....but none of the retired numbers ever brought Philly a Super Bowl. 
Is this really a thing?   I could see his name on a ring of honor or something.  But retiring a number that has played maybe 30 games ever in an Eagles uniform? That kind of cheapens the honor.

Is this really a thing?   I could see his name on a ring of honor or something.  But retiring a number that has played maybe 30 games ever in an Eagles uniform? That kind of cheapens the honor.
It should be a thing, but I say wait until Carson’s run is over so it’s not another thing hanging over his head. Interested in hearing how retiring the number of our first and only SB winning QB would cheapen the honor. 

It should be a thing, but I say wait until Carson’s run is over so it’s not another thing hanging over his head. Interested in hearing how retiring the number of our first and only SB winning QB would cheapen the honor. 
Is Trent Dilfer's number retired?  I'm not sure how that works.

Really?

Do you feel better now?
Don't you think it's weird that any opposing views get shouted down in this thread?

The poster I quoted didnt make up anything that's not true .  He wasn't rude. 

He's immediately a troll, put on ignore and made fun of.

It's really weird

Don't you think it's weird that any opposing views get shouted down in this thread?

It's really weird
Don't you think it's weird that the 2019 Philadelphia Eagles thread was just started the other day and you have more posts in it than any Eagles fan?  I understand your world was shattered when we won the Super Bowl last year, but you guys did manage to win your third playoff game in 24 years a couple weeks a go.  So that's a positive I guess.   Anyway, if you need directions to the Cowboys team thread, it's just a little bit south of this one. 

It's really weird
He was a troll in other threads and a troll in this one. 

The only thing wierd is your defense of him. 

I think our biggest need is to restock the Oline: Kelce talked about retiring. Brooks is going to need at least half the season to rehab. Peters is still playing at a decent level, but he's not the same and has trouble staying on the field. Seumalo and Vaitai are just guys. I know it's not sexy on draft day, but we need some Olineman, badly.
👍  IMO, O-line should be a top priority.  Lane Johnson was the last OT taken in the top 4 rounds. Is Peters retiring? He's certainly become unreliable due to injury and a loss of quickness.

Your right, you aren't sure how it works if comparing Dilfer SB performance to Foles. Go back to playing with your troll buddy sorry to interrupt. 
Lol.  You just have Foles Fever my friend.  Retire his number? That has to be a joke, right?

Lol.  You just have Foles Fever my friend.  Retire his number? That has to be a joke, right?
No need to be a tool and don't have time for one of your all day slap fights you can do that with your Cowboys buddy. 

Forgot you won so many rings with better QB's than Foles.  :lmao:

Move along Jr. 

No need to be a tool and don't have time for one of your all day slap fights you can do that with your Cowboys buddy. 

Forgot you won so many rings with better QB's than Foles.  :lmao:

Move along Jr. 
You're the one who decided to turn it into a slap fight because I questioned your idea about retiring his number. "Go back to playing with your troll buddy".  Remember that? lol

People are allowed to disagree with you. Get thicker skin.    I anxiously await your post about changing the name of the stadium.

You're the one who decided to turn it into a slap fight because I questioned your idea about retiring his number. "Go back to playing with your troll buddy".  Remember that? lol

People are allowed to disagree with you. Get thicker skin.    
Told ya ...

It's really weird
So let's say everything you just said is true. Do you come off any better by writing a trolling post in response? I would say stick to football comments and stop worrying about how Eagle's fans respond to comments, or just stay out of the Eagle's thread so you don't get so frustrated. Better options than becoming a troll yourself.

So let's say everything you just said is true. Do you come off any better by writing a trolling post in response? I would say stick to football comments and stop worrying about how Eagle's fans respond to comments, or just stay out of the Eagle's thread so you don't get so frustrated. Better options than becoming a troll yourself.
He is obsessed! I'm almost hoping Dallas actually has a decent season one of these years. There's a lot of healing to be done. :doh:

He is obsessed! I'm almost hoping Dallas actually has a decent season one of these years. There's a lot of healing to be done. :doh:
Obsession is best described as when the Eagles fan remarked in the game thread when the Saints took the lead ..."well, at least we lasted longer than Dallas"      :lol:

Posting in a team thread on a fantasy football message board isn't obsession. But you know that already 

Well?
no doubt at all in my mind. Andy and the Chiefs.

Users who are viewing this thread