Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Insein

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now...

Recommended Posts

On 1/16/2019 at 3:41 PM, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Foles to jax for fournette and  a pick?

NFL Countdown was talking about this and they said that would definitely be good. Schefty even chimed in with the after the season they just had anyone should be available when talking about getting a QB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2019 at 4:16 PM, dhockster said:

Okay to franchise Nick and get under the cap: Eagles $12 million over the cap before franchising Nick, franchising him adds $5 million to their cap number. So with Nick Franchised they are $17 million over the cap. If they restructure Lane (save $6 million), restructure Kelce (save $4 million) sign agholor to a new contract (save $5 million), cut Jernigan or Bennett (save $7 million), Cut Long (save $5 million), cut Wisnewski (save $3 million), then that saves them $30 million and gets them $13 million under the cap. Once they are under the cap, then teams know the Eagles don't necessarily need to cut him and then would be more willing to trade for him to get him in a timely manner. 

Should the Eagles make those kind of cuts to keep Nick so that they can trade him for value?

And ultimately is there a team out there who is really going to give the Eagles a whole lot of value knowing that the Eagles really can't keep him and Wentz going into next season?

There's always that one team who's desperate no matter what plus we got Grudden and the Raiders out there so anything is possible 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2019 at 12:35 AM, modogg said:

would make sense, but i think they have enough options they can go multiple options. I mean i never would have guessed they would have drafted a TE with their 1st pick this year. 

usually it is someone who makes sense financially with the salary structure. I would love to see them take a top LB if the draft so happens to allow one to fall. Free safety as well. add some youth to that defense will be nice. 

OL seems like a potential big need, especially if Brooks is out a long time, but that may be better served through free agency. i think the Eagles view Vaiti and Saemalo (will need to get the spelling right if he ends up being a starter) as potential starters on the OL.

I love me the potential in Mailata, but not holding out any hope there and hopefully will be pleasently surprised. Pryor seems like a solid back-up, same with Wiesenewski. 

you want the OL to be a top 5 group in the league to ensure protection for Carson, but i don't know how reliable that can be through the draft. Hopefully Kelce comes back and Brooks is ready by pre-season, and they can draft some guys who won't have to start right away

Big V they view at JP's replacement at LT and Seamulo I think is better suited as a C. If Kelce goes thats a huge loss as he does a lot of things skills wise and athletically no other C in the league can do but that's IS's natural position

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2019 at 11:44 AM, CentralPA said:

😲

 

Cowherd....compliments the Eagles!?!

 

the guy is still a d-bag but it is rarity to see complimenting anything Philadelphia.

He's good once in awhile with the complimenting them. It was great when he basically complimenting the Eagles while saying Dallas was going no where with Prescott a few weeks ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, dhockster said:

Okay, assuming Foles leaves, Back-up QB becomes very important with Wentz's health concerns. Obviously, Sudfeld will stay as either the 2nd or 3rd QB. Who do you guys think the Eagles can get as a back=up for reasonable money that would be a good fit in the Eagle's offensive system?

Nate Sudfield end of story. They signed him to the active roster when Indy tried to sign him last year. It seems like the last year or so when Foles leaves Suddy has been the clear favorite at the back up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2019 at 9:34 PM, babydemon90 said:

Bell neither quit on his team, nor held out.  FYI.  I don't want him either  because he wants too much cash for the RB position, but come on.  

When you have an O-line like the Steelers and system that makes RBs look amazing yes I do. Bell refused to sign his franchise tender because he cared more about himself then the team. This isn't the NBA where one superstar makes a difference. This is a team sport. Look theres times I feel a guy should hold out and carry himself but the way both Bell and Thomas did this is was basically the 101 of how not to handle a holdout. Bell is gonna get way too much money. Yes he quit on his team by holding out. He made it about himself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Deamon said:

Chris Wilson out as D-Line coach.  He seemed like a good guy when we hung with him back in October, and will likely land somewhere else.  His kid is likely a 1st round draft pick this year too, and should be top TE off the board.

 

Did he leave on his own or did the team let him go? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

When you have an O-line like the Steelers and system that makes RBs look amazing yes I do. Bell refused to sign his franchise tender because he cared more about himself then the team. This isn't the NBA where one superstar makes a difference. This is a team sport. Look theres times I feel a guy should hold out and carry himself but the way both Bell and Thomas did this is was basically the 101 of how not to handle a holdout. Bell is gonna get way too much money. Yes he quit on his team by holding out. He made it about himself. 

One doesn't? Peyton Manning says hi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, hispeedthinmint said:

One doesn't? Peyton Manning says hi

I meant a proverbial contender for a title. The Packers are only relevant anymore because of Rodgers and Peyton made the Colts relevant and had some great HoF WRs. However it just goes to show you without other parts to the team neither could win a SB. In Basketball any team who signs Lebron Becomes an automatic playoff team. Put him with another star and you are a Championship contender for yrs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

I meant a proverbial contender for a title. The Packers are only relevant anymore because of Rodgers and Peyton made the Colts relevant and had some great HoF WRs. However it just goes to show you without other parts to the team neither could win a SB. In Basketball any team who signs Lebron Becomes an automatic playoff team. Put him with another star and you are a Championship contender for yrs. 

But not an auto championship team. I get what you're saying. Just look at Marino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

mark ingram  would be a perfect fit for Philly, screw Bell, let the Jets overpay for him

I would love Ingram.  He still has a few good years left

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CentralPA said:

In other NFC East news, Scott Linehan has been fired.  Crap, the Cowboys offense might get better now.

I'd have to defer to a Cowboys fan for this after they make a hire.  You have Garret come out and say everyone is staying and then (cant remember if it was him or Jerry) come back out later on and say they haven't made a decision.  Moves like that are how you lose a locker room.  They're offense seemed to get better with Cooper and with an off-season it could have got better.  Starting over with someone new could be a step back if this one isn't that good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CentralPA said:

In tragedies’ wake, Andy Reid and the Chiefs found success through second chances

I really really hope the Chiefs take down the Pats Sunday.  The man deserves another shot and I hope he wins it.

I agree. Big Red is a good man, who I always respected his treatment of his players. Even as a Dallas fan,  Andy was hard to hate as an Eagles coach 😁. I wish him, Mahomes, and FB Anthony the Sherman tank,  multiple Super Bowls! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, G-King said:

I agree. Big Red is a good man, who I always respected his treatment of his players. Even as a Dallas fan,  Andy was hard to hate as an Eagles coach 😁. I wish him, Mahomes, and FB Anthony the Sherman tank,  multiple Super Bowls! 

can throw Eric Berry in there too as a general overall good story

Edited by modogg
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

I'd have to defer to a Cowboys fan for this after they make a hire.  You have Garret come out and say everyone is staying and then (cant remember if it was him or Jerry) come back out later on and say they haven't made a decision.  Moves like that are how you lose a locker room.  They're offense seemed to get better with Cooper and with an off-season it could have got better.  Starting over with someone new could be a step back if this one isn't that good

Jason came out with the stock puppet answers "we are happy with our staff, blah blah blah" immedialty following the loss in the post game statement. It's about as generic as a team that won't fire anyone but immediately say "every job will be evaluated and no one should ever feel safe blah blah blah". Nobody here read much into it. A few days later (I'm sure after a few closed door meetings) Stephen Jones came out and said the second generic line.

Stephen runs the show, (not "Jerrah" as our rivals like to say😉) so it was no surprise Bozo Linehan got the axe. Who knows where Dallas goes now, but Anyone will be an upgrade.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of you guys are outdated by like a decade with your thoughts on RBs in today's NFL.

An All-Pro RB hasn't won a Super Bowl since Faulk in 1999 for starters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ShaHBucks said:

Most of you guys are outdated by like a decade with your thoughts on RBs in today's NFL.

An All-Pro RB hasn't won a Super Bowl since Faulk in 1999 for starters. 

You're drawing a very specific line by saying all-pro lol.  In our case I'll just be happy with a good one.  One that makes a pro-bowl as an alternate would be nice lol

Ive also seen ones that say no elite WR has won a SB either....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

I'd have to defer to a Cowboys fan for this after they make a hire.  You have Garret come out and say everyone is staying and then (cant remember if it was him or Jerry) come back out later on and say they haven't made a decision.  Moves like that are how you lose a locker room.  They're offense seemed to get better with Cooper and with an off-season it could have got better.  Starting over with someone new could be a step back if this one isn't that good

https://mobile.twitter.com/SlaterNFL/status/1086380460207456256?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1086382968493338624&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231086382968493338624

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CentralPA said:

In tragedies’ wake, Andy Reid and the Chiefs found success through second chances

I really really hope the Chiefs take down the Pats Sunday.  The man deserves another shot and I hope he wins it.

I would love to shut these Boston fans up big time. Nothing better then Us winning the SB last year and then our Ex coach knocking them out in the AFC divisional rounds. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

You're drawing a very specific line by saying all-pro lol.  In our case I'll just be happy with a good one.  One that makes a pro-bowl as an alternate would be nice lol

Ive also seen ones that say no elite WR has won a SB either....

It's a valid point that the top paid RB's don't win super bowls though. GOOD Rb's do, but not top tier highly paid ones.  Makes sense, dont tie up a bunch of $$ in the position.

Gurley may prove us wrong this year though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DJackson10 said:

I would love to shut these Boston fans up big time. Nothing better then Us winning the SB last year and then our Ex coach knocking them out in the AFC divisional rounds. 

Anytime the Patriots lose in the playoffs, I open up a bottle of champagne.  True story.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ok maybe not completely true but I'm definitely grinning from ear to ear.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

You're drawing a very specific line by saying all-pro lol.  In our case I'll just be happy with a good one.  One that makes a pro-bowl as an alternate would be nice lol

Ive also seen ones that say no elite WR has won a SB either....

Ah if only we kept mccoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2019 at 7:51 PM, DJackson10 said:

dude has less then 50 posts. Maybe Cowgirlsfan08 forgot to take his meds and made a trolling account. 

You’re so corny. But keep it up, maybe only thing you have going in your life to give you some confidence. 🙄

Edited by Tejas
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tejas said:

You’re so corny. But keep it up, maybe only thing you have going in your life to give you some confidence. 🙄

weak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, CentralPA said:

In tragedies’ wake, Andy Reid and the Chiefs found success through second chances

I really really hope the Chiefs take down the Pats Sunday.  The man deserves another shot and I hope he wins it.

That’s was a great read—no pun intended. I’ll say, Andy is a fascinating if not somewhat tragic character. I’ve always compared the 32 coaches in the league to modern day Captain Ahabs. They are amongst the most driven and obsessive humans on the planet and Reid is the archetype for that role. It’s an easy road—especially as a parent—to judge him harshly and we could rehash some of the choices he made in how he handled his family and career but fundamentally, you have to believe he’s a decent and good man at heart. But back to my earlier point, he is what he is. He’s wired in a way so few of us are. 

I hope he gets his ring. Although it’s gonna be a tall task. This is one of the most formidable final four set of teams I can remember in a long time. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kevin Kinkead on Crossing Broad had a great article on why to root for KC. 

Don't be that guy who's Anti Andy Reid this weekend

I never had any ill will towards Andy. My Cousin was his youngest Sons wrestling Coach at the time Andy's other two sons were having their issues with the law. Andy and Tammy were apparently always so nice at the school and gave back to Lower Merion and the community as a whole there. As many of you know I work retail and worked at my store for almost 15 yrs (This June is 15yrs) where we were a Super Fresh A&P owned until bankruptcy and ACME bought us. While at SF I became a cashier for awhile and in the line over from me heard a customer a female talking to two others Male and female about Andy Reid. I think this was the same season his son Died at training camp and it was right around the holidays. The women was talking some massive #### on the Reid family saying how terrible parents they were for letting their kids get into drugs. Well I had a friend who OD and died right after HS but that wasn't because his parents were bad people. I had enough and turned to the women and said to her nicely please don't talk about people that you don't know personally like that. She told me to mind my own business. I said Ma'am I happen to have a cousin who knows the family personally and was a teacher and coach of their youngest son when everything happened. The family is one of the nicest ones in the community who actually paid for new computers at the HS and MS in Lower Merion among food drives for the homeless and setting up a scholarship program for kids in need who go to school there.

Andy also offered my Cousin tickets to the SB in Jacksonville but my cousin had to refuse because Teachers can't accept gifts like that from parents. I said I have friends who have died from drug issues and the way you are acting about addiction is basically saying parents of drug addicts are terrible parents and thats is the furthest from the truth ever. The way you talk about Andy and his family makes you sound bitter. The male customer chimed in and said yeah all you are doing honey is making yourself look like a jealous ##### and no one likes a jealous ##### around the holidays. The other female then mentioned how she was inappropriate and if her own kids had an issues you wouldn't want people talking about them the way you are talking about the Reid family here. She got so upset she asked for my manager. Next thing I knew was pulled out of my lane some replaced me and the women is yelling at mySD to fire me for some reason. The two customers in her line as well as the person in my line who I had just cashed out came to my defense. My SD knew I had a cousin who knew the Reids and was my SD when my friend had died and knew how upset I was. He said ma'am look you from what it sounds to me from everyone here you were saying some offensive things that upset one of my employees and talked about a sensitive subject. My employee here also is Autistic highly functional and one of my best employees who had a friend die of an OD. It is a very touchy subject and you talking about family for bad parenting because a child OD'd is not something appropriate here. You can have your opinion but please don't act defensive when what you are saying upsets one or many of my employees. If you are gonna continue your behavior you are free to shop else where because you won't be allowed here if my employees feel uncomfortable serving you. The women stormed off with her grociers. I thanked my manager for his understanding and thanked the customers who came to my defense. I told my manager I coul've maybe handled it better but you know how I feel about that issue and it got really hard listening to someone talk such garbage about someone they don't even know all because she obsessed with the fact they had kids who were drug addicts. 

Overall I will never root against this man especially after all the things he went through here. Did he overstay his time when he didn't win a title? Sure it was time to go but because of him we have Doug Pederson who helped bring us a SB and I'll always be thankful for that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t get why anyone would still harbor ill will towards Andy.  Sure they didn’t win a Super Bowl while he was here, neither did Dick Vermeil or *gasp* Buddy Ryan and nobody ever has a bad word to say about either of them.

He had a hell of a run here and seems like a good guy (who cares about the media and the press conferences?).  And yeah, it was time for change of scenery, for both the Eagles AND Andy.  Nothing wrong with that - 14 years is an eternity as a NFL head coach.  Plus he assisted in delivering us Doug, and by extension, a Super Bowl title, so I can’t imagine people still harboring hard feelings.

I want Andy to get into the HOF.  He deserves it but probably comes up short without a ring.  Plus I can’t deal with the Pats in there again, the Rams winning would be unideal because of all the “Goff 1, Wentz 0” crap next year, and F the Saints (except Brees).

So go Chiefs I guess.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

I don’t get why anyone would still harbor ill will towards Andy.  Sure they didn’t win a Super Bowl while he was here, neither did Dick Vermeil or *gasp* Buddy Ryan and nobody ever has a bad word to say about either of them.

He had a hell of a run here and seems like a good guy (who cares about the media and the press conferences?).  And yeah, it was time for change of scenery, for both the Eagles AND Andy.  Nothing wrong with that - 14 years is an eternity as a NFL head coach.  Plus he assisted in delivering us Doug, and by extension, a Super Bowl title, so I can’t imagine people still harboring hard feelings.

I want Andy to get into the HOF.  He deserves it but probably comes up short without a ring.  Plus I can’t deal with the Pats in there again, the Rams winning would be unideal because of all the “Goff 1, Wentz 0” crap next year, and F the Saints (except Brees).

So go Chiefs I guess.

I think it is a very vocal minority. Main reason they are vocal is because it's mostly comprised of the old media. Radio guys and beat writers still hold a grudge because of the press conferences. They try to stir it up all week saying they can't root for that SOB. Trying to act like he disrespected the fans with those press conferences. No he disrespected the reporters. Rightfully so in a lot of cases. He caught on to their BS fast and gave them nothing. 

I hope Andy wins just to hear the whining from those old blow hards. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't want Andy to win before the Eagles did.  That would have pissed me off if he finally got a Super Bowl immediately after leaving Philly.  Now that we finally got one, go Andy and go Chiefs.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

I don’t get why anyone would still harbor ill will towards Andy.  Sure they didn’t win a Super Bowl while he was here, neither did Dick Vermeil or *gasp* Buddy Ryan and nobody ever has a bad word to say about either of them.

He had a hell of a run here and seems like a good guy (who cares about the media and the press conferences?).  And yeah, it was time for change of scenery, for both the Eagles AND Andy.  Nothing wrong with that - 14 years is an eternity as a NFL head coach.  Plus he assisted in delivering us Doug, and by extension, a Super Bowl title, so I can’t imagine people still harboring hard feelings.

I want Andy to get into the HOF.  He deserves it but probably comes up short without a ring.  Plus I can’t deal with the Pats in there again, the Rams winning would be unideal because of all the “Goff 1, Wentz 0” crap next year, and F the Saints (except Brees).

So go Chiefs I guess.

:goodposting:

Agree 100 percent with every part of this post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Insein said:

I think it is a very vocal minority. Main reason they are vocal is because it's mostly comprised of the old media. Radio guys and beat writers still hold a grudge because of the press conferences. They try to stir it up all week saying they can't root for that SOB. Trying to act like he disrespected the fans with those press conferences. No he disrespected the reporters. Rightfully so in a lot of cases. He caught on to their BS fast and gave them nothing. 

I hope Andy wins just to hear the whining from those old blow hards. 

Angelo Cataldi. He’s the worst of the lot. In fact I think he’s the only one this week that came off as all but saying he’d root for the Patriots which is absolutely mind blowing to me. Even Missenelli who had that famous row with Andy says he’s “ambivalent” which for a sour #### like him is probably decent. But Cataldi is the worst. The guy is a 6 foot 2 turd.

 

ETA: p u s s can’t be used??? Jesus....

Edited by Kwai Chang Caine
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bigboy10182000 not that I want you to have a stroke or anything but I occasionaly see a guy who’s firm was hired by Lurie for the in-game analytics. They are actually an investment company but as you can imagine posses the minds of incredible math geeks. My guy just retired actually and I think it’s why he actually talked to me about it since he’s been coming into my business for a few years but never told me that even though he knows I’m a rabid fan. Anyway, long story short—they were FURIOUS that Doug ran that play before the two minute warning.

It was a fascinating 5 minute conversation I had with him about the role of analytics. These guys absolutely abhor the idea of “going with your gut.” It’s all raw math to them. So obviously they make their calls and then Doug has final say. And we know he will use his “emotional intelligence” to sometimes make decisions. 

And, I didn’t think of it at the time but next time I see him, I just have to ask what they thought of the Philly Special! I can’t imagine their analytics would have called for that so that definitely was a case of Doug going with his gut and it worked.

Edited by Kwai Chang Caine
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2019 at 4:37 PM, Bigboy10182000 said:

You're drawing a very specific line by saying all-pro lol.  In our case I'll just be happy with a good one.  One that makes a pro-bowl as an alternate would be nice lol

Ive also seen ones that say no elite WR has won a SB either....

It was just an extreme. There are many more relevant recent examples. Last years Super Bowl featured 2 RB committees. Chiefs dropped Hunt, and whoever they plug in looks as good or better. CJA looks like the best back on the Rams fresh off the streets. Zeke dropped a dud when it mattered. Kamara postseason ypc is 3.7. James Conner made the Pro-Bowl and his backup would have done the same. Old ### AP ran for a thousand. This is just off the top of my head. You can find plenty written online on how RB success doesn't correlate to wins as much as you'd think. This line of thinking is as out of date as it gets.

What would matter is continuing to rebuild the line and better play calling. I won't get into a back and forth of how great a prospect Josh Adams is, because I know how welcomed foresight is around here. But, I'll message you something eventually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

I don’t get why anyone would still harbor ill will towards Andy.  Sure they didn’t win a Super Bowl while he was here, neither did Dick Vermeil or *gasp* Buddy Ryan and nobody ever has a bad word to say about either of them.

He had a hell of a run here and seems like a good guy (who cares about the media and the press conferences?).  And yeah, it was time for change of scenery, for both the Eagles AND Andy.  Nothing wrong with that - 14 years is an eternity as a NFL head coach.  Plus he assisted in delivering us Doug, and by extension, a Super Bowl title, so I can’t imagine people still harboring hard feelings.

I want Andy to get into the HOF.  He deserves it but probably comes up short without a ring.  Plus I can’t deal with the Pats in there again, the Rams winning would be unideal because of all the “Goff 1, Wentz 0” crap next year, and F the Saints (except Brees).

So go Chiefs I guess.

Vocal minority who still listening to Angelo Catalldi and company on Radio. Sports talk acts like Andy is the devil. Yeah he had his issues but he up until last year had the greatest success in Eagles history. We also won our SB already before him. I could see why people would root against him had we not won yet. However Andy was our most successful coach and as a human being he's even better like my story says. Andy and his wife couldn't stop thanking my cousin enough for the help he gave Spencer during their time of need. Spencer ended up going to Temple I believe made the football team as a walk on if I'm correct. It's just a game in the end and Andy you can tell always felt bad not wining the big one here. I'm seeing some stupid reasons for not wanting Reid though on social media. Signing of Vick (I hated it as much as anyone but I think that was more the league making a team sign Vick and after the stuff Reid's family went through it gave him a different approach on 2nd chances), not cutting Hunt last Feb (Charges were dropped and according to reports it sounds like Hunt was less then truthful with the team. Why would anyone further investigate a case all charges were dropped), the clock management, McNabb, some one mentioned calling out Akers for the missed FGs. A lot of the attempts to defend themselves seem pretty petty at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

Angelo Cataldi. He’s the worst of the lot. In fact I think he’s the only one this week that came off as all but saying he’d root for the Patriots which is absolutely mind blowing to me. Even Missenelli who had that famous row with Andy says he’s “ambivalent” which for a sour #### like him is probably decent. But Cataldi is the worst. The guy is a 6 foot 2 turd.

 

ETA: p u s s can’t be used??? Jesus....

Not surprised Cataldi is from RI probably grew up a Patriots fan. He's not even from here. I'll never forgive that clown for the Dirty 30 and and when he tried to get it back for McNabb's first game back Shaun Young the Super fan in all the pads and paint basically told Cataldi to shove it. Shortly after that Cataldi pulled trump (He didn't get his way) and told the guy he was no longer welcomed on the show. Tony Bruno exposed the fat slob AC awhile ago. Cataldi is one of the main reasons Bruno left WIP. He got cut lose from 97.5 when they replaced him with Gargano who he found out from co workers the station and Gargano were negotiating a deal behind his back for Bruno's job. I'm shocked anyone listens to these trash stations anymore

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news from Adam Scheftar:

Carson Wentz should be fully healthy in time for all off season programming starting in April 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

I don’t get why anyone would still harbor ill will towards Andy.  Sure they didn’t win a Super Bowl while he was here, neither did Dick Vermeil or *gasp* Buddy Ryan and nobody ever has a bad word to say about either of them.

He had a hell of a run here and seems like a good guy (who cares about the media and the press conferences?).  And yeah, it was time for change of scenery, for both the Eagles AND Andy.  Nothing wrong with that - 14 years is an eternity as a NFL head coach.  Plus he assisted in delivering us Doug, and by extension, a Super Bowl title, so I can’t imagine people still harboring hard feelings.

I want Andy to get into the HOF.  He deserves it but probably comes up short without a ring.  Plus I can’t deal with the Pats in there again, the Rams winning would be unideal because of all the “Goff 1, Wentz 0” crap next year, and F the Saints (except Brees).

So go Chiefs I guess.

My aversion to Reid winning is rooted in the national media. I loved Reid when he was here and like most others, just knew it was time for him go.  But then the national media couldn't help themselves but to trash Eagles fans.  All the talk about "running him out of town" and not being able to replace him "maybe they should have kept him".  It was the pedestal  they put him on like Philly would never be able to replace him.  And it was as recent as last year when the Eagles lost to the Chiefs in week 2. For me, one of the secondary benefits of winning was going through a full season of not having to hear "well maybe Eagles fans shouldn't have run Andy out of town" for the 1st time since he left.

All that said and having won the SB last year, I'm all for Reid winning this year.  It would certainly be better than the Pats again.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Just saw a report from Shefty saying Hunt will be able to play sooner rather than later and several teams are interested. Hope one is us. 

Id rather not sign a guy who's gonna miss half the season most likely and in danger of having another strike against him. Just draft me one of the top Backs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Per Schefter could have impact on Wentz extension

"The Chiefs are expected to extend Mahomes’ contract after next season, the first time the MVP candidate is eligible for an extension, and he could land the NFL’s first $200 million contract, league sources told ESPN.

Issues will have to be addressed — some surrounding the collective bargaining agreement that would have only two seasons remaining, and some involving the two years that Mahomes would have left on his current contract, including the fifth-year option that Kansas City undoubtedly would exercise."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

My aversion to Reid winning is rooted in the national media. I loved Reid when he was here and like most others, just knew it was time for him go.  But then the national media couldn't help themselves but to trash Eagles fans.  All the talk about "running him out of town" and not being able to replace him "maybe they should have kept him".  It was the pedestal  they put him on like Philly would never be able to replace him.  And it was as recent as last year when the Eagles lost to the Chiefs in week 2. For me, one of the secondary benefits of winning was going through a full season of not having to hear "well maybe Eagles fans shouldn't have run Andy out of town" for the 1st time since he left.

All that said and having won the SB last year, I'm all for Reid winning this year.  It would certainly be better than the Pats again.

Yep always love see Boston lose especially the Pats. I think it's funny but seeing Patriot fans say how the Philly media overhyped the Eagles this year. Really? The Boston media acts like their sports teams are unstoppable. I remember the Boston media thinking the Celtics had a cake walk to the ECF this year. Acting like the Bruins were the Oilers dynasty of the Gretszky years etc. I use to take Boston's side on the NY/Bos debates but then I realized I felt sorry for the NY fans to deal with the Boston fans constantly yapping like the little annoying dog you just want to punt to shut them up. I remember sitting at Phillies games for yrs in groups with Boston and then NY fans and realizing how much better the convo was with the NY fans both Mets and Yankee fans and then talking to Jets fans during the pre season games and Giants fan. It's night and day compared to the Boston fans who think their teams are gods. My cousin who works in Mass for Lockheed Martin lived 5 mins from Gillete and had to move. Not just to get closer to work or the crowds on Sunday during the season but because of how obnoxious the people near the stadium were about the team. Nothing will make me smile more this year then see after the fact we beat them in the SB with our back up but our old coach who drafted said QB knocking NE out in the AFC Champ Game with his new team and then winning a SB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Yep always love see Boston lose especially the Pats. I think it's funny but seeing Patriot fans say how the Philly media overhyped the Eagles this year. Really? The Boston media acts like their sports teams are unstoppable. I remember the Boston media thinking the Celtics had a cake walk to the ECF this year. Acting like the Bruins were the Oilers dynasty of the Gretszky years etc. I use to take Boston's side on the NY/Bos debates but then I realized I felt sorry for the NY fans to deal with the Boston fans constantly yapping like the little annoying dog you just want to punt to shut them up. I remember sitting at Phillies games for yrs in groups with Boston and then NY fans and realizing how much better the convo was with the NY fans both Mets and Yankee fans and then talking to Jets fans during the pre season games and Giants fan. It's night and day compared to the Boston fans who think their teams are gods. My cousin who works in Mass for Lockheed Martin lived 5 mins from Gillete and had to move. Not just to get closer to work or the crowds on Sunday during the season but because of how obnoxious the people near the stadium were about the team. Nothing will make me smile more this year then see after the fact we beat them in the SB with our back up but our old coach who drafted said QB knocking NE out in the AFC Champ Game with his new team and then winning a SB. 

Completely agree with the bolded.  Red Sox fans are the absolute worst when they come to CBP.  I've never had an issue with any other visiting fans, but twice Red Sox fans were absolutely obnoxious, actually trying to incite fights in the stands - at a baseball game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Amused to Death said:

Completely agree with the bolded.  Red Sox fans are the absolute worst when they come to CBP.  I've never had an issue with any other visiting fans, but twice Red Sox fans were absolutely obnoxious, actually trying to incite fights in the stands - at a baseball game!

Yep I was at a game where these Red Sox fans were picking on a family and getting in the face of their two kids not even teens. Ever since they won some Titles they act like their #### don't smell. I felt bad they never won a WS since Ruth left because it was similar of a drought as us but after they won boy did things change. I've never had issues with any other teams fans but the Sox fans were and are the absolute worse. It's gotten to the point I try to not even go to games the Red Sox are here. I went last year only because I had free tickets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Id rather not sign a guy who's gonna miss half the season most likely and in danger of having another strike against him. Just draft me one of the top Backs. 

I’m pretty sure they can’t suspend him half the season for his first offense. 

He’ll miss maybe 4 in thinking. Sign him, being back Ajayi on a prove it deal and you’re good on RB until later on 

Edited by Bigboy10182000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bigboy10182000 said:

I’m pretty sure they can’t suspend him half the season for his first offense. 

I'm adding in the 2nd incident. Surely he's gonna get something tact on for that for hitting the guy. Max for the girl is I think 4 if I'm correct unless its 6. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DJackson10 said:

I'm adding in the 2nd incident. Surely he's gonna get something tact on for that for hitting the guy. Max for the girl is I think 4 if I'm correct unless its 6. 

I’m thinking 4 period. Regardless if they add or not and maybe ends up 3 after appeal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.