What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now... (5 Viewers)

Serious question - do you think Eagles management would have the balls to fire a coordinator mid season in the middle of a playoff race (regardless of whether they look like a playoff team, they are very much in the race)?
Lurie isn't shy at sending messages. He literally fired Chip after the team gave up on him after the MNF game in WAS when he didn't go for it on 4th down. I could see him doing it but not sure he'd do it this year 

Lurie isn't shy at sending messages. He literally fired Chip after the team gave up on him after the MNF game in WAS when he didn't go for it on 4th down. I could see him doing it but not sure he'd do it this year 
Yup the difference is Chip was fired when the team was not in a playoff race.  This team could still win the division.   I would imagine Doug is loved by management so it's probably his call.

All coaches go except Pederson and Duce. Don't really care if now or the offseason, its not really gonna change anything either way, they're not picking up some new coaching scheme mid-season. 

. Nelson shouldn't be back at any price
Only part of your post I disagree with. Nelson is NOT a deep threat, and too inconsistent as even a #2, but he has nice short area quicks and can be very useful as a #3/4 on screens/endarounds etc. He can be a very useful part of a good team.Just miscast as a primary threat

Only part of your post I disagree with. Nelson is NOT a deep threat, and too inconsistent as even a #2, but he has nice short area quicks and can be very useful as a #3/4 on screens/endarounds etc. He can be a very useful part of a good team.Just miscast as a primary threat
If not for the bad hands I'd agree and could live with coming up small when he's asked to step-up and inability to track deeps balls and adjust. Those terrible drops are the last straw. Plus I'm assuming some team will offer more money than he deserves, more than a 3/4 at least. Slot receivers made crazy money the past couple seasons in FA I thought. Looking at overthecap, Alshon has $26mil is dead cap money next year, Jackson has $12.5mil. Assuming they aren't going anywhere. Still have JJaw. They need to draft 2 WRs and hope at least one hits. There's your 5 WRs. No room or need for Nelly. 

I like Carson as a player and as a human being but I wish he would show more passion/anger.  This guy should be flat out pissed off after the last 3 weeks.  I just don't see it in his post game conferences.   :shrug:   

I like Carson as a player and as a human being but I wish he would show more passion/anger.  This guy should be flat out pissed off after the last 3 weeks.  I just don't see it in his post game conferences.   :shrug:   
I think he’s mentally checked out of this season. Plus he’s having a baby so maybe that has something to do with it. 

Serious question - do you think Eagles management would have the balls to fire a coordinator mid season in the middle of a playoff race (regardless of whether they look like a playoff team, they are very much in the race)?
No.  Schwartz has been keeping us in games the last month (Besides today).  He isn't getting fired mid season.

As for Groh, I think he needs to go but what good does it do to do it now???   All that would do is have Doug be the O-Coord and game plan, etc.... and I doubt he's any improvement on Groh.  Need a new fresh creative offensive mind in, and that's not coming in mid season. 

At least on the NBC SNF pregame, the analysts called out the terrible job our coaching staff did, so in at least one national forum, the true story was told instead of “lol Wentz sucks” or “lol the secondary sucks.”

Does anyone want to win this division? I mean, the Redskins are playing like they want to but I doubt they could beat their own cheerleaders. This is the worst the NFC East has looked in quite awhile.
I can’t remember a time when all 4 teams were this bad. It’s like the NFC West in 2010-ish before the Seahawks became good. 

There have been plenty of times where one team has been good and the rest terrible, such as the early McNabb/Reid years.

I can’t remember a time when all 4 teams were this bad. It’s like the NFC West in 2010-ish before the Seahawks became good. 

There have been plenty of times where one team has been good and the rest terrible, such as the early McNabb/Reid years.
It’s really hard to determine where each franchise might go, as well.  Has there ever been a year where all four teams usher in a new HC?  Is that a real possibility in Philly or will they stick with their guy?

Cowboys still seem to have the most talent on both sides of the ball, and perhaps a new coaching regime gets them the 2-3 years they should have with their core before age/injuries/cap space realities hit.

My giants might have their QB, but are still a good number of players away, I don’t see them competing for two more years IF they get additional talent.

The Skins are just a disaster top down, and Haskins does NOT look the part.

Still seems like enough talent I Philly to compete, and other than the Boys there isn’t much to fear as to the other teams for the foreseeable future.

It’s really hard to determine where each franchise might go, as well.  Has there ever been a year where all four teams usher in a new HC?  Is that a real possibility in Philly or will they stick with their guy?
You never know in the NFL, but most regulars in this thread believe that many assistants, including one or both coordinators, may go but Pederson will stay, mainly because of goodwill from the SB.

I don’t see anybody discussing what I think is a MASSIVE problem—Howard’s absence. This dude is so underrated it’s not funny. Miles Sanders has some juice and is a decent receiver but his vision blows—he’s missed how many interior creases this year?—and he tries to bounce everything outside. He will be a decent third down back but I’ll eat my hat if he’s ever a true 3 down bell cow. 

Howard gets hurt and the pass attempts got to 48,50 and 48. That’s not a coincidence and it’s a recipe for losing.  AJayi is probably washed up. The Howard injury has been enormous. 

I don’t see anybody discussing what I think is a MASSIVE problem—Howard’s absence. This dude is so underrated it’s not funny. Miles Sanders has some juice and is a decent receiver but his vision blows—he’s missed how many interior creases this year?—and he tries to bounce everything outside. He will be a decent third down back but I’ll eat my hat if he’s ever a true 3 down bell cow. 

Howard gets hurt and the pass attempts got to 48,50 and 48. That’s not a coincidence and it’s a recipe for losing.  AJayi is probably washed up. The Howard injury has been enormous. 
howard doesnt play defense.  sanders was fine yesterday.

Sanders was running for just under 5 ypc yesterday.  He was not a problem.  That he only had 7 carries in the second half, with a two score lead, against the second-worst run defense in the league and a team our defense could simply not stop, was inexplicable.  As much as I blame Schwartz for this loss, he has to be going over to Doug and telling him to give the defense some time to figure out WTF they need to do to stop the onslaught.  Otherwise they get no breathers, no time to shift people around or adjust and right back out because we went 3 and out and burned 15 seconds off the clock.  Insanity.

Eagles CBs vs Dolphins (via @NextGenStats):

Jalen Mills 6 catches 102 yards 2 TD 144.4 passer rating

Ronald Darby 4 catches 101 yards 1 TD 109.7 passer rating

Does anyone want to win this division? I mean, the Redskins are playing like they want to but I doubt they could beat their own cheerleaders. This is the worst the NFC East has looked in quite awhile.

Ya the div is terrible.  Which is crazy because there's so many good teams this year in the league.  There's 7 teams (NE, KC, BAL, SEA, SF, GB, NO) that could win the Super Bowl and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.  I can't see the NFCE winner going through any of those teams and winning the title.

didn't the giants and cowboys play week 17 both at 7-8 for the division just like 5 years ago?

Not sure this is the case anymore. The last few weeks we've watched Sanders grow a LOT....watched him on many occassions put his head down and take 3 yards between the tackles when back in weeks 1-6 he woulda tried to bounce outside (usually for no gain).

Howard plays stronger, and might get another half yard or so on many of those inside runs, but Sanders is more explosive and obviously the better pass catcher. The increase in pass attempts seems more about game script. Sanders had like 16 touches in first half yesterday...and did WELL with them

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup the difference is Chip was fired when the team was not in a playoff race.  This team could still win the division.   I would imagine Doug is loved by management so it's probably his call.
He'll have some say but I think Lurie/Roseman will make the ultimate decision. Mortsen said drastic changes to the staff will most likely happen if they don't make the playoffs

At least on the NBC SNF pregame, the analysts called out the terrible job our coaching staff did, so in at least one national forum, the true story was told instead of “lol Wentz sucks” or “lol the secondary sucks.”
The Foles apologist have been awfully quite since Sunday afternoon...

Cowboys still seem to have the most talent on both sides of the ball, and perhaps a new coaching regime gets them the 2-3 years they should have with their core before age/injuries/cap space realities hit.

My giants might have their QB, but are still a good number of players away, I don’t see them competing for two more years IF they get additional talent.

The Skins are just a disaster top down, and Haskins does NOT look the part.

Still seems like enough talent I Philly to compete, and other than the Boys there isn’t much to fear as to the other teams for the foreseeable future.
Pederson won't be going anywhere

Dallas has some cap issues coming up with key players too pay soon as well.

Yeah Jones looks better then what many felt was a joke pick. They got the RB, WRs and TE need to get and stay healthy though. Defense needs work

I never liked Haskins. Didn't see anything special in the guy. 

They may have fixed his bumbling issues hopefully but yeah he did a lot of what I called the Shady shuffle. He got away with it in college a lot more then he does in the pros which made his numbers look a lot better then they should've been at times. Most teams really don't have a bell cow back anymore though. I'm fine if he's a good all purpose back who can make big plays when needed for his career

When you are not performing the way you are expected, it's hard to be the one getting pissed at anyone but yourself. That easy pass to Agholor that he over threw was 3rd string QB bad.

I hate to pour salt on the wounds (because I like Philly fans) but I think I just realized how bad this loss truly was.  Miami is a historically bad team this year.  Their point differential is -177 (far and away the worst in the league).  They've lost 9 games this year and only one of those losses was within 10 points. (against the Redskins).  Their only 2 wins (prior to this week's game) was against the Jets and Indy (with Hoyer at QB).  I still don't know how this happened.   

I hate to pour salt on the wounds (because I like Philly fans) but I think I just realized how bad this loss truly was.  Miami is a historically bad team this year.  Their point differential is -177 (far and away the worst in the league).  They've lost 9 games this year and only one of those losses was within 10 points. (against the Redskins).  Their only 2 wins (prior to this week's game) was against the Jets and Indy (with Hoyer at QB).  I still don't know how this happened.   
####### unnecessary.  

My theory and I'm sticking to it is they partied all night Saturday into Sunday morning. At least the Defense did. It is Miami after all. 

the eagles are not a good team this year

Eagles 5-7, Foles  benched despite presence of DeFilippo, So,  apparently Frank Reich @ 7-5 w/o Luck, was the brains of the operation.
Until he has a bad season than it won’t be him again lol. 

They were good/great in their roles while here. I don’t think there’s a direct coronation between being a good OC or position coach and being a good HC. You still have to rely on your team and the tons of other coaches you have. 

Users who are viewing this thread