What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now... (5 Viewers)

Reuben Frank

@RoobNBCS

The Eagles have waived WR Mack Hollins and are promoting OL Sua Opeta from the practice squad. Sua and Mack have the same number of receptions since Oct. 1.

4:44 PM · Dec 3, 2019
What a coincidence, so do I.

babydemon90 said:
I'd 100% bring in Ron Rivera if we can, but I expect him to get another HC opp if he wants it.
Just told my produce manager get rid of Schwartz and bring him in as the DC. He did well. Also if I'm Carolina I'm looking to get rid of Cam The Scam. I think he's done or at least done being one of the better QBs in the league. Maybe some team desperate bites on him as a reclamation project. I wouldn't hesitate if a team traded me a 3rd for him honestly. Its time they moved on from him 

Bigboy10182000 said:
Mack Hollins cut. Doug sending a message.....**he says with heavy sarcasm**
apparently according to John Clark another team wanted Opeta and Eagles didn't want to lose him 

Just told my produce manager get rid of Schwartz and bring him in as the DC. He did well. Also if I'm Carolina I'm looking to get rid of Cam The Scam. I think he's done or at least done being one of the better QBs in the league. Maybe some team desperate bites on him as a reclamation project. I wouldn't hesitate if a team traded me a 3rd for him honestly. Its time they moved on from him 
No one will give that much for him.  Hes looked like junk for awhile now

No one will give that much for him.  Hes looked like junk for awhile now
Yeah I agree. More so saying if I get anywhere near that I wouldn't blink. I'd ask the closes security staff member to drive Cam to the airport before I even hung up the phone with the acquiring team. 

So I know it's early but I figured we get this started. This is for if the Eagles make the playoffs or not mine aren't changing in no order besides #1.

1. Number 1 priority is getting in some better assistant coaches around Doug Pederson. THat means Grohl and Schwartz are gone. See ya Carson Welch the WR coach. WR I'm not sure who'd I bring in. 

OC: Kind of like the OC in FSU right now. He may or may not stay depending on the new HC

Joe Brady Passing Cordinator at LSU Helped Joe Burrow break and is still on pace to break numerous SEC QB records. Has NFL Experience with Sean Payton in NO

Jay Gruden: Don't laugh I think WAS is a #### show. Jay made Andy Dalton look like a competent QB and had the Bengals as their OC in the top 15 routinely offenisively. Can give insight as someone who coached twice a year against Doug some new ideas and such

James Urban Bal QB Coach do I need to say more?

Mike Kafka KC QB Coach: Again don't laugh and theres some people saying he could get a look as an OC this year. 

Hue Jackson very well respected coach and he has a knack for developing GASP!!!!! WIDE RECEIVERS!!!!!!

Josh McCown Yes the back up QB. He's already been offered jobs before as a coach. Seems to have a good relationship with Carson already. Could help develop Nate Sudfield to a nice back up. 

DC: Biased opinion but makes sense. see if you can pry Todd Grantham from UF. Dude is super aggressive on 3rd and 4th downs and the defense at Florida with his aggressiveness has won them a few games when the Offense struggled since Dan Mullen took over as coach. 

Brett Bilima NE DL Coach: College HC success plus has done very well with the NE DL this year. 

Ron Rivera: Rivera and his wife are very close friends with Doug and his. Could be a nice home coming for Ron if he doesn't get a HC job. 

Dave Aranda LSU DC 

RE work the WR CORPS:

Getting rid of DJACK AND ALSHON will be tricky but if one goes I'll say it's Jeffrey either Trade or they flat out eat the money. I'd try going after Cooper but he could get way too expensive. A guy I'd look into is DEVANTE PARKER similar age but it gives us a younger speed threat. Rashard Higgins is another guy I'd target at 25. DEMARCUS ROBINSON of KC is another FA. He's a bigger DeSean Jackson type. Real big playmaker with his speed. Given the chance he could shine. Draft Jerry Juedy is a pipe dream Laviska Shenault Jr. COL is name to watch just declared as a JR. JUSTIN JEFFERSON LSU Top Wide out for them very impressive this year. Tamorrion Terry FSU First saw him this past weekend. Dude is fast for a 6-3 215 guy. Dude was going down field his QB was just missing him. He could be a big play deep option. 

3 Oline Depth possible new LG:

Glam Glasgow as a starting LG could be good I fa. Not much out there FA for G. T has some decent depth guys if needed. Not sure much on the Line in the Draft 

4 add some young D line more DT:

If I'm Not Mistaken Malik Jackson is here another year. JORDAN PHILLIP OF BUF AND ADAM BUTLER OF NE could be fits. JAVON KINLAW SCAR is a monster for the gamecocks. 6-6 315 impressive athletic ability disruptive force. MARVIN WILSON FSU has shown pass rush ability for the Seminoles this year. DE I'm not giving CLowney a ton of money to sit on the sidelines injured. Yannick Ngakoue and Vic Beasley are my two top choices. Shaq Lawson is intriguing. Draft Yetur Gross-Matos PSU  5 tech guy playing at NT this year for the lions. AJ Espensea IOWA  is another DE could play outside and used inside on passing downs. Jon Greenard UF Can Play OLB or DE is a terrific pass rusher with an incredible story. Followed his coach from Loiusville to Florida who recruited him. Very good talented rusher and terrific kid. Jabari Zuniga, DE/OLB, Florida  Hybrid at Florida could move him around to blitz the QB. Spent some time with injuries. Shows very good skills getting to the QB. 

5 LB Depth

We don't do a lot here but would definitely ad some depth Hamsah Nasirildeen FSU is a good project guy for later in the draft. Plays CB/LB but lacks pass skills but the dude makes plays. He also was carted off on Saturday so may return for a SR yr. However he'd fill a very good role as a hybrid guy. 

Reconstruct the Secondary 

I'd let go of RONALD DARBY and depending what he can get in FA KEEP JALEN MILLS. I'd see what I could get Trade wise for Sidney Jones. I'd Keep Douglas and Maddox still young Maddox can play Safety as well. I think Mills can too and should eventually move there. Marcus Peters is my top priority. Brian Poole can play nickel and adds depth there and Bradley ROby is another guy I'd try to add. FS get rid of Mcleod. Justin Simmons, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Jimmie Ward and VON Belll I go after. Draft Trevon Diggs Bama, CJ Henderson UF, Paulson Adebo Stan at CB. 

7 Add depth behind Miles Sanders:

Sanders and Scott and Clement could all be back. Only could see Sanders and Scott back. I'd look into either keeping Howard (Again depends on price) or maybe see what Lamar Miller could be had. Lesser role not a workhorse could do him wonders and he could be looking for a 1 year prove it deal again. Pipe Dream is Melvin Gordon but I'd also look into Devonte Booker. Eagles had some interest in Kenyan Drake before he was traded and I'd look into Jonathan Williams Matt Brieda and Brian Hill are interesting as well. Draft. Jonathan Taylor of Wisconsin improved receiving skills but Wisc doesn't use the backs in the passing game as much. Travis Etienne Clemson and Cam Akers FSU are good in the mid rounds. Lamical Perine UF Samaje Perines cousin is a good powerful back with some receiving skills. UF used a committee approach and a young inexperienced line didn't help but Perine was clutch when it mattered.  Ke'Shawn Vaughn Vandy Want to talk about a RB who bullies Defenders this guy is in those convos. Dude has impressive power. 

Also sounds like Eli might be starting for the rest of the season.  That week 17 game (if it somehow matters for us) might be Eli's last game as a Giant and at home.  That's a lot tougher than a meaningless game where they probably sit Barkley.

I know our defense is crap but its still Eli Manning at the end of his career and hasn't played in over 2 months. If we can't beat that then just fire everyone immediately.
I thought this before we played Miami and somehow all the coaches are still employed 

And at least in recent history, the Eagles seem to have owned Eli.  I would actually say that Fitzpatrick was a much bigger challenge than Eli would be.
Not just recent. He's 10-20 overall and 0-2 in playoffs. Of course, none of that seems to matter with this team.

And at least in recent history, the Eagles seem to have owned Eli.  I would actually say that Fitzpatrick was a much bigger challenge than Eli would be.
It's brutal.  Last year Fitz smoked us when we went to Florida and faced the Buccs.  Now same script when we go down to face Miami.  He just kills us.

Kinda think an embarrassed defense turns it up. Eli is a statue and that Giants O-line isn't going to be able to protect him. I see 8 sacks and at least two turnovers from him.

Miami's season long numbers are bottom of the barrel, but they play hard and Fitzmagic is Fitzmagic. Eli gonna get stomped

Losing to Eli on Monday would be the cherry on top to this s**t sundae of a season.
:goodposting:

As I debate starting our D this week I could see it going either way, we come back angry and crush Eli or we get torched again in a random game Eli shows up. 

:goodposting:

As I debate starting our D this week I could see it going either way, we come back angry and crush Eli or we get torched again in a random game Eli shows up. 
I started them against Miami and got -1. I'm doubling down this week. This team has shown one thing over the last 3 years. When people are down on them and their backs are against the wall, they all of a sudden have a surge of pride and like to show people they were wrong. Well here we are. Go shut us all up Defense by shutting out the Giants on MNF with 12 sacks and 2 DTDs. I dare you you bunch of losers!

I started them against Miami and got -1. I'm doubling down this week. This team has shown one thing over the last 3 years. When people are down on them and their backs are against the wall, they all of a sudden have a surge of pride and like to show people they were wrong. Well here we are. Go shut us all up Defense by shutting out the Giants on MNF with 12 sacks and 2 DTDs. I dare you you bunch of losers!
Sounds good, let’s suffer together. 

Losers they are!  F you guys!  Now go win a damn game

Yeah I agree. More so saying if I get anywhere near that I wouldn't blink. I'd ask the closes security staff member to drive Cam to the airport before I even hung up the phone with the acquiring team. 
Maybe Philly would be interested in upgrading at QB.

I can’t remember a time when all 4 teams were this bad. It’s like the NFC West in 2010-ish before the Seahawks became good. 

There have been plenty of times where one team has been good and the rest terrible, such as the early McNabb/Reid years.
Yeah it's bad. Dallas is for sure a fraud, but I thought the Eagles had some potential with road wins against the Pack and Bills. But that Miami game derailed everything. 

I didn’t start the topic
Your initial post was that Cam would be an upgrade over Wentz right now. While Cam has had the far better career, physically, he is not what he once was, and as he gets older he will get worse. Wentz, while not having a great year, has been hurt a lot by the injuries at WR and the incompetence of the Eagles back-up WR's. From this point forward, I think the probability that Wentz is a better QB than Cam is pretty high.

Your initial post was that Cam would be an upgrade over Wentz right now. While Cam has had the far better career, physically, he is not what he once was, and as he gets older he will get worse. Wentz, while not having a great year, has been hurt a lot by the injuries at WR and the incompetence of the Eagles back-up WR's. From this point forward, I think the probability that Wentz is a better QB than Cam is pretty high.
Just because he disagrees with you doesn’t mean he’s trolling 

Actually my initial post was in reply about Cam not being successful and needing to be cut. Not sure why that original post was in an eagles thread in the first place

Users who are viewing this thread