What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now... (2 Viewers)

jfc wtf is happening in this thread.  We're arguing about Cam?  You guys know you can just let things go right?
Panther fan is a bit butthurt about Cam I remember this clown in the Gameday thread last year. Nothing but a troll. Thinks we all should be kneeling at the feet of Cam 

Haha.....Love the thread header! 

This division does not deserve a playoff team, period!

Unfortunately, one of the eagles or cowboys will win this abortion of a division and represent it in the playoffs.  No doubt a first round exit unless the other team all gets the flu, or something similar

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm talking Cam the article in question is BUll####. I know one of the coaches and the team didn't even know who the clown was. Then the good ole internet looked into the clown and he was a Foles supporter trying to make up #### on Wentz. It was talked about in length on here. Cam has since college had questionable character. Dude tried to call Urban Meyer a racist at Florida then lied to reporters his rookie year he was the best QB in Florida. Florida beat guys took to twitter and other things showed photos of practice notes of Cam Struggling big time. One of the guys I knew on another Board was neighbors with Tebow at Florida when both were students there. Cam became enemy #1 during his time there.Not just fans but here's what a scout said 

Cam Newtown Leadership Character issues heading into draft
🤣

So your defense is that Tebow is better than Cam 😂😂😂

Regardless, my Aunts brother is poker buddies with Wentzs former minister and when  Wentz was in high school he would fart in church and giggle about it. 

dude is as butthurt us talking about his recently fired coach and me bring up IMHO what they should do with Cam as the one Cowboys troll is obessed with us talking about Dal when it pertains to football related stuff
Not the least bit butt hurt about you dying on your hill of misinformation about a player not even on the Eagles in the Eagles thread. I came here to discuss Eagles football, not Cam. Pretty obvious to everyone that you were the one who went off the rails

Sometimes it’s hard to tell who’s worse. The  originator or the ones that just keep coming back for more 🤷‍♂️  

There’s a block option and it’s OK to use. 

really kind of wish Dallas had just won last night, the more I think about it.  Now I have to be sucked back into the hope again at least for this week.

Four of the bears's wins were against Washington, NYG and Detroit (twice) - all three win teams.

The bears are an NFC east team pretty much.
So you're saying they were "better" than the terrible teams, making them a better team? Not sure why you're so hung up on this. Never said they were a Super Bowl favorite or even good. They have a winning record and aren't complete dog poop like half the league this year.

really kind of wish Dallas had just won last night, the more I think about it.  Now I have to be sucked back into the hope again at least for this week.
Maybe I’m missing something but wasn’t the Cowboys loss last night largely irrelevant (much like the Eagles loss to Miami)? At the end of the day, it simply comes down to who wins the game on Dec 22nd (at the linq)

Maybe I’m missing something but wasn’t the Cowboys loss last night largely irrelevant (much like the Eagles loss to Miami)? At the end of the day, it simply comes down to who wins the game on Dec 22nd (at the linq)
Yes. All last night did was allow the Eagles to lose another game outside of Dallas and still have a chance. It's sad, really.

Sometimes it’s hard to tell who’s worse. The  originator or the ones that just keep coming back for more 🤷‍♂️  

There’s a block option and it’s OK to use. 
He's already blocked. This adorable little guy was the one defending Eric Reid last year trying to cheap shot Carson in the game day thread. While I was on lunch at worked I read through that thread and found a few gems by the little fella. He got blocked the minute I got home today. I like having a bit of fun with the trolls once in awhile because some of them you can just get them to show how stupid they are and they don't even realize it. 

That and I had a guy on my old board who had a thing for Cam Newton since his wife was a Carolina fan. I never liked Cam. Maybe part of it is from being a Florida fan so there's some biased as he left a bad taste in every Gator fans mouth with how he went about leaving. Then he should''ve been ineligible for the Hiesman he won after daddy made a backhand deal with Auburn for Cam to play there. Not to mention the dude's character and leadership has always sucked. There's a reason most of the SEC Fans named him Cam The Scam. So when I get a chance to rile up a Cam The Scam fan I'll gladly take it 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. All last night did was allow the Eagles to lose another game outside of Dallas and still have a chance. It's sad, really.
We can't lose another game outside of Dallas though.  That would give Dallas the tiebreaker on div record even if we beat them.

Cowboys are gonna lose to the rams and we are winning out
Not sure this is possible. 

If Dallas loses to the Rams, and we win the next 3, we would be 2 games up on them heading into week 17 and probably rest our starters the final week.  What a crazy concept that is.

We can't lose another game outside of Dallas though.  That would give Dallas the tiebreaker on div record even if we beat them.
You're right, forgot division record is the next tie breaker. Either way losing to the Bears was still meaningless for the Eagles.

With how the defense played vs Miami you would think they would shut up and accept it.  Get better.  But no let's complain about it to the media.  
Doug is down to just 2 options as I see it:

1. Cut the cancers out and rebuild. Doesn’t matter who, they have to go if they’re not on board 

2. Watch it burn and get yourself fired after next season. 

You're right, forgot division record is the next tie breaker. Either way losing to the Bears was still meaningless for the Eagles.
Not necessarily.  If we beat  NYG and WAS the next 2 weeks, and Dallas loses to the Rams next week, we can clinch the div by beating them and rest our starters week 17.

In keeping with the theme of the last handful of posts, this story is for the diehard old-time Eagles fans...

The year was 1968.  Back then it was a 14 game season.  Going into week 12, the Eagles were 0-11.  They were on their way to the #1 overall pick in the 1969 draft.  They won their next 2, lost their last, and finished with a record of 2-12.  Of course they narrowly missed out on the #1 pick, but they did manage to draft RB Leroy Keyes with their top pick.  He went on to have a stellar (I mean cellar) career, racking up a grand total of 369 yards over 5 seasons, with a 3.0 YPC.  And who did they miss out on because of that 2nd win?  Just some guy named Orenthal James Simpson.   

In keeping with the theme of the last handful of posts, this story is for the diehard old-time Eagles fans...

The year was 1968.  Back then it was a 14 game season.  Going into week 12, the Eagles were 0-11.  They were on their way to the #1 overall pick in the 1969 draft.  They won their next 2, lost their last, and finished with a record of 2-12.  Of course they narrowly missed out on the #1 pick, but they did manage to draft RB Leroy Keyes with their top pick.  He went on to have a stellar (I mean cellar) career, racking up a grand total of 369 yards over 5 seasons, with a 3.0 YPC.  And who did they miss out on because of that 2nd win?  Just some guy named Orenthal James Simpson.   
Mean Joe Greene though

Insein said:
I wouldn't care at that point. I'd be rooting for the Skins out of spite.
You say that now but in reality even if the Eagles back into the playoffs at 7-9, you’re going to be pumped up WC weekend.  And I’m not singling you out as I would feel the exact same way (and probably any fan would).  Bottom line -  all they have to do is get in the dance and they have a chance.

You say that now but in reality even if the Eagles back into the playoffs at 7-9, you’re going to be pumped up WC weekend.  And I’m not singling you out as I would feel the exact same way (and probably any fan would).  Bottom line -  all they have to do is get in the dance and they have a chance.
I'm convinced they're going to win the division, somehow win the first playoff game, get Jackson back for the divisional round bringing false hope to all of us, then crap the bed royally. Or they win the Super Bowl leaving the entire league to scratch their heads for the next 6 months.

need2know said:
With how the defense played vs Miami you would think they would shut up and accept it.  Get better.  But no let's complain about it to the media.  
Didnt sound like anyone complained to the media. Sounds like guys were asked about it and Graham said some guys weren't happy about it. From the article: Safety Malcolm Jenkins, maybe the most outspoken on the leadership council, was uncharacteristically tight-lipped about the chain of events. Jenkins delivered four straight I don’t knows when asked why he thought Pederson went with pads" No comment or I dont know isn't the same as complaining to the media

DJackson10 said:
He's already blocked. This adorable little guy was the one defending Eric Reid last year trying to cheap shot Carson in the game day thread. While I was on lunch at worked I read through that thread and found a few gems by the little fella. He got blocked the minute I got home today. I like having a bit of fun with the trolls once in awhile because some of them you can just get them to show how stupid they are and they don't even realize it. 

That and I had a guy on my old board who had a thing for Cam Newton since his wife was a Carolina fan. I never liked Cam. Maybe part of it is from being a Florida fan so there's some biased as he left a bad taste in every Gator fans mouth with how he went about leaving. Then he should''ve been ineligible for the Hiesman he won after daddy made a backhand deal with Auburn for Cam to play there. Not to mention the dude's character and leadership has always sucked. There's a reason most of the SEC Fans named him Cam The Scam. So when I get a chance to rile up a Cam The Scam fan I'll gladly take it 
Who was the poster defending Eric Reid?

Didnt sound like anyone complained to the media. Sounds like guys were asked about it and Graham said some guys weren't happy about it. From the article: Safety Malcolm Jenkins, maybe the most outspoken on the leadership council, was uncharacteristically tight-lipped about the chain of events. Jenkins delivered four straight I don’t knows when asked why he thought Pederson went with pads" No comment or I dont know isn't the same as complaining to the media
Well suck it up Malcolm. You know damn well why they went to pads. You candy asses didn't bother to show up for the game so the coach looked like an ####### in front of the media defending you guys. Since you made him look stupid, he's going to run your asses in December full pads. Don't like it? Then show up on game day. 

Users who are viewing this thread