Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Insein

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now...

On 12/10/2019 at 9:17 AM, sporthenry said:

It’s still mind boggling to me that they left Ertz wide open on the final play. Like at least make Perkins or Ward catch it. I get it’s not that easy but you’d think they’d tell a guy to sit on Ertz no matter what. 

This was by far the worst coaching failure that I have seen this season. It was glaringly obvious that they were going to Ertz on the final play and yet somehow the Giants D didn't pick him up. It's unreal that highly paid professionals, both players and coaches, can fail so spectacularly at the most basic aspects of football in a prime time game. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mystery Achiever said:

Anyone thinking Brown makes any kind of sense needs to check his Twitter or the thread here.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/12/antonio-brown-twitter-rant-nfl-roethlisberger-tweets-reaction

I don't trust a guy who can't even spell correctly. Those apparent text messages he sent people are cringe. 

6 hours ago, Birdie048 said:

I agree.  But I understand both sides of this coin....  pursuing him and avoiding him.  But I guess they have a cost/value line on his involvement that he either wants too much or is not likely to benefit them where he is worth the distraction cost. They are in desparate need of WR help.  Ertz & Goedert can only do so much as TE

One of my contacts who helped with my Buddy Anthony Betch's Football camp I help out said from his contacts in the league office any Team who Signs AB he's getting suspended from the New York Offices and won't be playing till all investigations are taken care of. In Other words anyone signing AB would be signing and hoping he can play. Howie and Company may have also found word on that but at the same I heard from my Co Worker who's son is an assistant coach. Team Vets had a big meeting when AB was released initially by NE Howie, Lurie, Coach Pederson etc talked to them about AB (Interest and what the team vets said). It was a anonymous "#### AB, He can Pound sand, dude needs help, etc." It was a pretty confident room of We don't want AB even stepping into this city type agreement. 

• Like 1

What sites have you guys had the best luck with buying / selling Eagles tickets?  A friend of mine is trying to sell his but StubHub fees are insane.  I see a couple Eagles ticket exchange groups on Facebook but wondering if there are better options.  Craigslist?  Some other new swap site?  TIA!

51 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

How do you search a particular thread for your own posts? 

Page by page unfortunately.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

No real easy way that I've found.  You can do a search and change it to "in this thread" if you know a couple of words you used in your post.  It will take you to those posts.

Otherwise if on a computer you have to click page by page and just Control+F then type in your username and it will highlight and take you to all your posts on any given page.

7 hours ago, Mystery Achiever said:

Matthews no onger an option. Re-signed with 49ers.

Damn.  Thought he was a shoe in to come back.  WTF are we gonna do at WR.

17 hours ago, Mystery Achiever said:

Anyone thinking Brown makes any kind of sense needs to check his Twitter or the thread here.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/12/antonio-brown-twitter-rant-nfl-roethlisberger-tweets-reaction

Guy abuses women, acts a fool, throws teammates under the bus, fakes injuries, then when nobody wants to hire him- out comes the race card. Jeez this guy is a race baiting idiot of epic proportions. I hope he never plays again, and I don’t care what color he is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Deamon said:

No real easy way that I've found.  You can do a search and change it to "in this thread" if you know a couple of words you used in your post.  It will take you to those posts.

Otherwise if on a computer you have to click page by page and just Control+F then type in your username and it will highlight and take you to all your posts on any given page.

Another option is going to your profile and then clicking on see my activity. I think that provides a list of all of your posts. That would at least save you from having to do searches within every page of a thread.

12 hours ago, Lehigh98 said:

What sites have you guys had the best luck with buying / selling Eagles tickets?  A friend of mine is trying to sell his but StubHub fees are insane.  I see a couple Eagles ticket exchange groups on Facebook but wondering if there are better options.  Craigslist?  Some other new swap site?  TIA!

I used to use SeatGeek to sell, but then they upped their seller fees (to 15-20%, like StubHub.) Craigslist is hit or miss, as far the buyers being real or not flakes. Now, I just use Ticketmaster/NFL Exchange. Easy to list right from my account, seller fees are reasonable (10%), and you get good exposure to people looking to buy tickets.

• Like 1

Alshon to IR, Robert Davis signed from practice squad. Assuming Nelson doesn't play, are they going to learn their lesson and sign another WR or go in short-handed again?

• Like 1

thank God

27 minutes ago, jasvic said:

Alshon to IR, Robert Davis signed from practice squad. Assuming Nelson doesn't play, are they going to learn their lesson and sign another WR or go in short-handed again?

i think they have to. would like them to bring up Michel too. the alternative is 7 DBs, so it seems reasonable to carry another WR. Unless we have McCown running routes this week.

what a weird career.  he's like the official substitute teacher of the NFL.

• Laughing 5

I'd rather throw Robert Davis out there for a look in the last few games anyway.  We know what Matthews brings, and it's not enough to overlook the benefit of getting a young promising guy some work. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Search the thread for "your current number of posts". Include the comma. At this moment you'd search for "2,385"

16 minutes ago, babydemon90 said:

I'd rather throw Robert Davis out there for a look in the last few games anyway.  We know what Matthews brings, and it's not enough to overlook the benefit of getting a young promising guy some work. 

I'm still ticked off that the Skins cut him. If he plays I bet he catches a bomb against them Sunday.

2 hours ago, fatness said:

Search the thread for "your current number of posts". Include the comma. At this moment you'd search for "2,385"

I keep seeing a Star next to some threads and I have no clue what I could have posted. It’s probably a link but I was looking for a way to narrow them down and see. 

PPR league, almost want to start Boston Scott over Sanders, thoughts from homers?

22 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

I keep seeing a Star next to some threads and I have no clue what I could have posted. It’s probably a link but I was looking for a way to narrow them down and see. 

go to Activity > my activity streams > Content I posted in

Then you will have a bar with Show Me, Content Types, Read Status, Ownership, etc.

Under ownership, select content by specific members.

Put in your user name in the Authors box.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Lehigh98 said:

Ticketmaster seems like the place to go 

20 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Easiest way is search by typing in key words you remember from said post. Also helps if you can remember around the time (date Month day) you posted it 

10 hours ago, G-King said:

Guy abuses women, acts a fool, throws teammates under the bus, fakes injuries, then when nobody wants to hire him- out comes the race card. Jeez this guy is a race baiting idiot of epic proportions. I hope he never plays again, and I don’t care what color he is.

Thank you for saying this. Was kind of afraid myself to do so. Just don't get the infatuation with this guy meanwhile people are mad at Vick representing as a coach in the pro bowl? Wheres the same engery when it comes to this clown, Reuben Foster, Big Ben, Joe Mixon etc? They are all trash human beings. At the very least Vick turned his life around, owns a dog that is well taken care of and did his time. I didn't agree with letting the man back in the league as I felt he lost that privilege but for god sake let the dude have this!!!!

3 hours ago, fantasycurse42 said:

PPR league, almost want to start Boston Scott over Sanders, thoughts from homers?

While I'm not starting Scott, I am considering benching Sanders (because of how well Scott played) in favor of Kamara, Lindsay, and Mostert in one of my PPR leagues. 

On 12/10/2019 at 8:12 PM, Pigskin Fanatic said:

2. Robert Davis: He’s an athletic, physically impressive option that has been on the practice squad since early October. Davis brings some size (6-3, 210 pounds) and he’s considered one of the more talented practice squad players in the league by some. He’s the most intriguing internal option.

Pre season catch. Already tracks the ball better than Nelson

7 hours ago, LTsharks said:

How about that catch by Brown tonight?  Can you imagine anyone on the Eagles making that catch?  

How about the nice couple of grabs that Anderson had including that 2 point conversion? Remember, most people see him as a deep threat only but he’s more complete than given credit for. Every time I see this guy he looks good and is far and away better than any sh\t bird on this team. But nah....we didn’t want him at the deadline,

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LTsharks said:

How about that catch by Brown tonight?  Can you imagine anyone on the Eagles making that catch?  

I have seen that same throw dropped lots by eagles this year

9 hours ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

How about the nice couple of grabs that Anderson had including that 2 point conversion? Remember, most people see him as a deep threat only but he’s more complete than given credit for. Every time I see this guy he looks good and is far and away better than any sh\t bird on this team. But nah....we didn’t want him at the deadline,

Yep, that was a huge miss.  He would be huge for us right now.

9 hours ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

We can get him in FA if we want him. We're not one WR away, so I don't mind not trading a 2nd round pick on a 1/2 a year rental.

Thought I heard last night that Robbie Anderson was a FA after the season, perfect guy for Philly to go after and be the deep threat that they lack....I know he is a turd guy personally but his talent is there, and he has the best hair since FredEx

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 12:58 PM, babydemon90 said:

On 12/12/2019 at 1:16 PM, fatness said:

I'm still ticked off that the Skins cut him. If he plays I bet he catches a bomb against them Sunday.

This guy was a 4th round rookie dynasty special for me that year he came out, his atheltic profit was nuts IIRC....good roll of the dice by Philly here.

On 12/10/2019 at 12:11 AM, Insein said:
On 12/9/2019 at 11:58 PM, fred_1_15301 said:

It shouldn't have even gone to OT.  He had a lot of drops (including the one by Ward that would have been a TD).

It needed to (I wouldn't have won my fantasy game otherwise).

Gave me some hope in one of mine. Started Eagles defense and needed just four points. Defense is fairly low scoring in that league with no points for yardage, and got only 1 for allowing 17 points. I got 3 :(

Second playoff game this year I lost in similar fashion. (Lost by 2 when Lockett put up a donut!)

Nelly, Barnett and Howard downgraded to OUT for Tomorrow 

2 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Sooooo rolling with only 3 WR’s again 😂 

2 practice squad dudes and a rookie who has been a bust so far.  Great.

2 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Wonder how many routes McCown ran in practice this week.

Navy Runs the Philly Special at the Linc for the 6!!!!!

Edited by DJackson10
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Third time this season they go into a game shorthanded at an important position. I'm sure it won't bite them in the ### again, right?

6 minutes ago, elguapo07 said:

Is Wentz even startable for the playoffs?  

He put up over 30 PTS in my league last week for me. Its either him or Cousins for me who is just as streaky right now. I'm going with Wentz though given I got Ertz 

Ertz, Goedert, Sanders, and Scott should get about 20 targets combined.  Expect the WRs to get fewer than 8 total.  The question then becomes: can they design a decent enough offense to consistently move the ball against Washington?  I think the can.

9 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

I guess that 3rd TE is a WR/TE hybrid, and they probably feel whoever they would pickup at the last moment wouldn't be able to be active on gameday anyway.  We're gonna be linking up Ertz or Goedert out wide 75% of the time

4 hours ago, elguapo07 said:

Is Wentz even startable for the playoffs?  

I'm starting him. More of a gut call though. When he's on, it's on. I think he turned a page last week. 

8 hours ago, jasvic said:

Third time this season they go into a game shorthanded at an important position. I'm sure it won't bite them in the ### again, right?

I mean, it is ridiculous... but when I think about it, what else could we have done?  Doubt they'd bring 2 PS guys up.  I wanna see McCown out there!  haha

9 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

He put up over 30 PTS in my league last week for me. Its either him or Cousins for me who is just as streaky right now. I'm going with Wentz though given I got Ertz 

I’m in a superflex with Wentz, cousins and fitzmagic. Think I’m sitting cousins against the SD d which is prettty tough against the pass. Wentz, even with his limited options is still the guy I’d play first out of the three I have.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Josh Perkins is basically a TE/WR hybrid. So they’re really rolling out 4 WRs.  Don’t know how anyone is going to get a breather though.  I guess we won’t be running any deep routes today?😕