What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now... (3 Viewers)

They had the #1 seed before the QB injury.  And that's not how the award works, it goes to the coach who beat expectations the most.  Rams were expected to win 5 games and won their division.  Doug was great but wasn't remotely "robbed".  The voting wasn't even CLOSE.

McVay 35
Zimmer 11
Marone 2
Bill 1
Doug 1

EDT:  I think people's Eagles fandom and the Super Bowl win skew people's reality on the COY award that year.  Both of which don't matter to the voters. 
Again, I'd rather Doug and he got the last laugh, but regular season COY was well deserved by McVay that year.
If that's truly what it is then it's a pointless award since it relies on made up expectations from people who are more often wrong than right. 

SF I think is the more complete team  Seattle has the playoff experience though with Wilson and Caroll that you know is gonna be up and prepared for it.  Either way, I expect us to be underdogs, and rightfully so.

This is by no means an easy game. But if there was one opponent that was perfect for us this is it. The Eagles will be totally invested this week to get some revenge and shoe that the first game was a fluke. Plus Seattle is just as beat up as us. Add in this last second demoralizing loss that makes them have to travel instead of staying home and this is the best we could have hoped for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Philly should be favored IMO.  Seattle is completely reeling and they're pretty much a 1 man show at this point.  They'll probably be favored based on record but I'll be betting hard on the Eagles and taking that easy money.  
I'm slightly surprised to see line at Eagles -1. I figured Seattle would be small road favorite at  something like SEA -2.5.

Another up and down regular season. Thought for sure they were done after the Miami game. Thankfully, I was wrong. One thing I wasn't wrong about was Wentz. He really came on strong down the stretch. 

My brother and I had a bet this season on who'd have the most wins - I took Wentz and put up my hair and he went with Foles and wagered his beard. 

https://twitter.com/keith_dever/status/1211492603738361858?s=20

cool stat:

Reuben Frank✔@RoobNBCS

Since the Seahawks beat the Eagles in November, the Eagles are 4-1 and the Seahawks are 2-3.

Eliot Shorr-Parks✔@EliotShorrParks

Final score doesn't tell the whole story of the #Eagles first game with Seahawks...but the fact the Eagles only lost by 8 while turning the ball over 5 times is a pretty good indication they can most definitely play with Seattle

cool stat:

Reuben Frank✔@RoobNBCS

Since the Seahawks beat the Eagles in November, the Eagles are 4-1 and the Seahawks are 2-3.

Eliot Shorr-Parks✔@EliotShorrParks

Final score doesn't tell the whole story of the #Eagles first game with Seahawks...but the fact the Eagles only lost by 8 while turning the ball over 5 times is a pretty good indication they can most definitely play with Seattle
Literally Wentz' worst game of his career. And we lost by 8. Defense needs to come to play again. 

I don’t care what this kid does the rest of his career, this season’s accomplishments should cement him right there with St. Nick for one of the greatest seasons ever. I mean some of this insane fanbase still adores Buddy Ryan above all coaches. Ya know, the coach that never won a playoff game? Wentz deserves to stand with the most beloved of Eagles’ figures of all time!

Meant to copy my above to this  post but they both prove the point quite nicely.

why didn’t that copy your post...?

Kwai Chang Caine said:
Who thinks Doug should be coach of the year? I mean I feel he was owed it for ‘17.
He's been awesome but you have to tip your hat to Tomlin for the Steelers.  Even though they missed the playoffs, he really got his team playing well after enduring a lot of injuries.

The #Eagles were 2nd in the NFL in time of possession this season. Take a look at the top TOP teams this year: 

1. Ravens (14-2) 9:15:32
2. Eagles (9-7) 8:49:36
3. Saints (13-3) 8:36:57
4. Patriots (12-4) 8:27:14
5. 49ers (13-3) 8:25:55

Every completed Eagles pass:

“Amazing catch by Hawkins McGallicutty! Last week he was making smoothies at a Jamba Juice.”

“What a grab by Billy Ray Sturgess! Philly signed him before kickoff out of a racquetball game at the local YMCA”

“Great catch by...wait that’s my uncle!”
:lmao:

“12 of Carson Wentz’s 23 completions yesterday were caught by undrafted players.

Wentz hasn’t thrown an interception on a non-hail Mary since November 24.

Wentz in 9 wins this season
16 touchdowns 
0 interceptions”

Eagles injury updates from Doug Pederson

Brandon Brooks — Separated right shoulder. Will miss remainder of 2019 season.

Miles Sanders — Day-to-day with the ankle. “Should be okay.”

Avonte Maddox — Same thing as Sanders.

Daeshon Hall — ACL tear, done for the year.

Damn hate it for brooks

Bigboy10182000 said:
If Doug doesn’t end up coach of the year it’s BS.....AGAIN
Well we have Shanahan turning around his record, dramatically.  We have LaFlueur getting 13 wins as a first year coach.  We have Tomlin holding together his team with all of their challenges and injuries, and we have Harbaugh remaking himself and his team.  Lots of interesting candidates, including Peterson, no question.

I realize that the Eagles have been decimated by injuries this season.  

But Seattle has been nearly as handicapped.

Over the past few weeks (and some for much longer) they've been down their top 3 RBs, top 2 OL, top 2 TEs, top DE, top LEO and top FS.  That may have something to do with their limp to the finish line.  They also lost their starting SLB for the season last night.

Looks like the deeper bench will win this one. 

fred_1_15301 said:
I think facing either team is going to be scary.   Both teams are good.  
I respectfully disagree.  Injuries have depleted each team dramatically.  Both are inspirations for where they have gotten, but neither is particularly good as currently constituted.

I realize that the Eagles have been decimated by injuries this season.  

But Seattle has been nearly as handicapped.

Over the past few weeks (and some for much longer) they've been down their top 3 RBs, top 2 OL, top 2 TEs, top DE, top LEO and top FS.  That may have something to do with their limp to the finish line.  They also lost their starting SLB for the season last night.

Looks like the deeper bench will win this one. 
Agreed.  Should be dubbed Attrition Bowl.  Instead of an MVP the should award a LMS (Last Man Standing) award.

damn, that Brooks one hurts a lot.

Same could be said of the #1 seed Packers. Limped their way to the top seed. 
But not due to injuries.  Due in their case to low football I.Q.  incredibly poor communication on the defensive side of the ball and no chemistry, yet, between Rodgers and his receivers.  Oh, and its a #2 seed thanks to Seattle not being able to run a play in a timely fashion.  Had they gotten the #1 seed it would have been amazing as they are, in many ways, a flawed and average team looking to fix those flaws and to find greatness.  Not sure they have time to find it, but I remain hopeful.

But not due to injuries.  Due in their case to low football I.Q.  incredibly poor communication on the defensive side of the ball and no chemistry, yet, between Rodgers and his receivers.  Oh, and its a #2 seed thanks to Seattle not being able to run a play in a timely fashion.  Had they gotten the #1 seed it would have been amazing as they are, in many ways, a flawed and average team looking to fix those flaws and to find greatness.  Not sure they have time to find it, but I remain hopeful.
Well said. 👍🏼 The Eagles have found greatness at the most important position at the most opportune time. Who knows where it will go, its all house money at this point. 

Users who are viewing this thread