What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

** Dallas Cowboys** 2019, you sucked (2 Viewers)

If you watch the podcasts on the Cowboys app they do a split-screen between the podcast crew and practice. Yesterday there were all these 1v1 battles. It was great. 

The defensive players were also doing a interesting drill where one of the defenders would grab and lift the leg of the offensive player and another defender would go for the ball. Whatever it takes to get more turnovers. 

I think this defense is going to demolish people. Xavier Woods might blow up. 

Did anyone see the press conference and how Jaylon specifically mentioned how important the Dallas Cowboys brand/platform is? Jerry and Stephen made sure that was said and reiterated. 

It’s really a shame we have such a horrific front office and team owner. I mean how in the world can we expect to win anything if we keep getting lucky by drafting so well and signing talented players to team friendly deals?

Stupid HOF owner! 
This. Sign it Zeke. 

i was wondering how you guys felt in here about Zeke holding out. He still has 2 years on his contract, so combined with his off field stuff, one could argue his holdout is silly. Surprised no talk in here, guess everyone just assumes he will sign before the start of the season?
I think it's silly. If he had 3 rushing titles and no missed games it's a different story. He should be humbled by how Jerry went to bat for him during that whole ordeal. 

You know how you make up the difference between what you are asking for and what they are offering?  Fire your agent and sign the deal. 

All that said, peeps in the building think it gets done next week. 

Did anyone see the press conference and how Jaylon specifically mentioned how important the Dallas Cowboys brand/platform is? Jerry and Stephen made sure that was said and reiterated. 

It’s really a shame we have such a horrific front office and team owner. I mean how in the world can we expect to win anything if we keep getting lucky by drafting so well and signing talented players to team friendly deals?

Stupid HOF owner! 
LOL. I have to chuckle when I see somebody knock the Cowboys. I don't mind people hating on the Boys because that's natural (to like your team & dislike anyone else), but anyway you look at it, we're one of the top organizations in the league. We've been outdrafting everyone & practicing sound fiscal philosophy. In short, those are the two keys to long-term success.

This is a storied franchise, but we had quite a lull in success. I said a couple of years ago we were starting to turn the corner. Letting Stephen have more control along with Will McClay's success in personnel acquisition has gone a long way in getting us back on track.

The bottom line is you have to give Jerry credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did we do,ok?  I was,busy having the annual BBQ and the 8 pound brisket with the Texas cheat was completely demolished by the dozen or so participants. I can only hope the team has as much success this year. 
Taco had the game of his life, but idk if it was against starters or not

Defense gave up 135 of offense for the game, mostly against backups 

Offense and special teams looked good too

As we both know fake games mean nothing.

Agreed the game means nothing.  But it was good to see the 1s playing well, regardless of the competition.  Not sure if that was the Texans #1 line at the start, but the D blew them up.  Gallup with another great performance and Pollard keeps looking the part.  

Really wish Zeke would sign and get back on the team.

The Texans are hot garbage.  

I'm pretty happy with the overall look of the team.  The defense looks fast.  With Zeke, and Coop out there, this team is a legit contender. 

Let's get'r done.  Top defense and top OL.  Gallup is going to break out, top WR corp.  Won't need Zeke for the first three games anyway even though he's going to report soon.  Loaded up on over 8.5 games a while ago.  All we have to do is spank the Eagles twice like we did last year to win the division.   :football:

would rather they keep the line depths a strength, unless a player that would have been cut is the one traded.
Gotta think they are going to lose some talent there. I was messing with a 53 mock.  Tough decisions.  Maybe go thinner on Offense to keep some the D talent.  Should be interesting.

Gotta say, regardless of how things shake out with the 53, these are great problems to have. Excited for this season and what it could be!

I really hope we stand firm with Zeke. Yes, we're better with him, (DUH), but we have a lot of players to pay. The Cowboys have a legit chance to have a monumental run the next 5 years or so. Or at least as much as you can expect in the salary cap era.

The uncomfortable fact is tough decisions need to be made. I think we could survive paying big money to Zeke, but it certainly isn't ideal, IMO.

Gotta think they are going to lose some talent there. I was messing with a 53 mock.  Tough decisions.  Maybe go thinner on Offense to keep some the D talent.  Should be interesting.
Every year I do a mock beforehand. I only missed three players (should have been only two, I fell for the getting rid of Taco rumors even after how well he's been playing).  I thought we'd keep 6 WRs, I had Cederick Wilson making it, realy like that kid. And the guard Knight snuck up on me.  

I can’t stand when players try/are advised to rehab partially torn ligaments and muscles with the thought that they are going to return in a short period of time to compete against the best athletes in the world. It almost invariably leads to reinjury or complete failure of the area of injury. Just get the surgery and be done with it. 

Two players I’m supervised were cut were Wise and Justin Phillips. 

Justin Phillips (#44) seemed to be in on every tackle. 
Cedrick Wilson I thought would be on the 53 for sure. Only kept 5 wr

The amount of OL kept tells me they’re more worried about starters being hurt than they’re letting on

Charles Robinson

Update on Zeke Elliott and the #Cowboys: the two sides communicated in the late afternoon. Dallas is frustrated with the last exchange. After Saturday’s momentum, Cowboys expected more compromise to get a deal done today. Didn’t happen, so it’s on to Monday and a hopeful reset.

Tex

BigTex said:
Charles Robinson

Update on Zeke Elliott and the #Cowboys: the two sides communicated in the late afternoon. Dallas is frustrated with the last exchange. After Saturday’s momentum, Cowboys expected more compromise to get a deal done today. Didn’t happen, so it’s on to Monday and a hopeful reset.

Tex
didn't need the false hope.

Conner McGovern to IR and Chunn getting called up.  Not sure if this is a negative for the Zeke contract or not.  

We can't pay Zeke the contract he wants. It has nothing to do with what other RBs are making or even fairness.

There's a thing called the salary cap & we have to fit a bunch of good players in the budget. RB is the one position I have zero concerns about finding good players. In fact, I'm quite confident we can find another stud (maybe it's Pollard).

Sure, we could sign Zeke to a monster contract so we would have a better shot at a title THIS season, but then our chances lessen in years 2+ of his contract. No thanks.

Trading Zeke is definitely an option. In the end, I don't give a #### what we do as long as it's NOT breaking the bank for a RB.

Or maybe WE trade for a RB (right now or soon). There's a lot of talent around the league not to mention the strong 2020 class.

The bottom line is I'm with JJ & Stephen on this.

We can't pay Zeke the contract he wants. It has nothing to do with what other RBs are making or even fairness.

There's a thing called the salary cap & we have to fit a bunch of good players in the budget. RB is the one position I have zero concerns about finding good players. In fact, I'm quite confident we can find another stud (maybe it's Pollard).

Sure, we could sign Zeke to a monster contract so we would have a better shot at a title THIS season, but then our chances lessen in years 2+ of his contract. No thanks.

Trading Zeke is definitely an option. In the end, I don't give a #### what we do as long as it's NOT breaking the bank for a RB.
Everything you say  makes sense. If the Cowboys are approaching it that way it seems that it may not get resolved though...

Just tell Zeke what LAC told Gordon. It’s week 1, we aren’t negotiating anything til next offseason. You playing or not?

Just tell Zeke what LAC told Gordon. It’s week 1, we aren’t negotiating anything til next offseason. You playing or not?
Zeke’s value to the Cowboys >>> Gordon’s to the Chargers

Zeke’s negotiating power >>> Gordon’s negotiating power

I highly doubt the Cowboys are going to be doing anything inflammatory to piss off their best player.  They’ll get a deal done.  I feel quite confident in that.

not against this.  Paying him more than Gurley (reported/speculated) is not a good deal for the team.  

With seek getting this mega deal and Dak sure to get his in coming weeks/months  it’s hard to find an avenue where they shell out for cooper

With seek getting this mega deal and Dak sure to get his in coming weeks/months  it’s hard to find an avenue where they shell out for cooper
If leaks of the Zeke deal are true, Cooper is out. Which is probably OK because Dallas needs Zeke more than Cooper for their business plan... biggest difference between Dallas and most other franchises with respect to this whole "don't invest in RB" thing is that the Cowboys don't need to win in order to be successful from a business perspective. Other teams popularity, merch sales, ticket sales, prime time appearances, etc. may rise and fall with winning, but the Cowboys are steady no matter what the on-field product looks like. In fact one could argue that it's more important to have "stars" on the team than it is to win as a team.

I dont know enough about how the cap works, and wish I could go back to just being a football fan and not a business analyst...but that seems to be one in the same these days.  But, is it out of line to think they can do this deal, sign either Dak or Coop, and then franchise the other?  Are they too far up against the cap to find a creative way to make that work?  I realize this is probably impossible to answer without an intimate understanding of the cap, and of how Zeke's contract (if signed) will impact it.  I would hope they would structure it strategically to give them a shot to make that happen.  That said I agree that paying any RB this kind of money is foolish.

ChuckLiddell said:
I dont know enough about how the cap works, and wish I could go back to just being a football fan and not a business analyst...but that seems to be one in the same these days.  But, is it out of line to think they can do this deal, sign either Dak or Coop, and then franchise the other?  Are they too far up against the cap to find a creative way to make that work?  I realize this is probably impossible to answer without an intimate understanding of the cap, and of how Zeke's contract (if signed) will impact it.  I would hope they would structure it strategically to give them a shot to make that happen.  That said I agree that paying any RB this kind of money is foolish.
From what I understand they’ll sign Zeke and if they’ll Tag Dak if they can’t get a deal. This is what I’ve heard and it believed that Cooper is the odd man out.

Tex

From what I understand they’ll sign Zeke and if they’ll Tag Dak if they can’t get a deal. This is what I’ve heard and it believed that Cooper is the odd man out.

Tex
Wow.  If that is how it goes down, that was an expensive 2 year WR rental.  Bet they'd like to have that first round pick back.  Unless they win it all this year...then its all worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread