Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Cowboysfan8

**2019 Dallas Cowboys** 3-2 Next stop @NYJ

9 hours ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

Not a Cowboy fan but I’d rather have Beasley than Cobb at this point in their careers. Cobb had one good season and that was 2014. 

Love Beasley, but rather have Cobb.  More dynamic with the ball.

2 hours ago, Rig24 said:

Tank is trying to break the bank, hoping Dallas doesn't play into that.  Seems like they aren't.  

Yeah he’s just asking to be traded. Cowboys aren’t gonna break the bank for anyone anymore. 

Stephen ain’t spending that inheritance!!!

Copied from Twitter but am struggling to copy the link for some reason..

For the "he's not Mack train":

Lawrence's last 32 games: 25 sacks, 29 TFL, 49 QB hits, 122 tackles, 0 GAMES MISSED DUE TO INJURY.

Mack's last 32 games: 23 sacks, 25 TFL, 40 QB hits, 125 tackles, 2 GAMES MISSED DUE TO INJURY.

Connor Livesay

59 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Copied from Twitter but am struggling to copy the link for some reason..

For the "he's not Mack train":

Lawrence's last 32 games: 25 sacks, 29 TFL, 49 QB hits, 122 tackles, 0 GAMES MISSED DUE TO INJURY.

Mack's last 32 games: 23 sacks, 25 TFL, 40 QB hits, 125 tackles, 2 GAMES MISSED DUE TO INJURY.

Connor Livesay

And the Raiders won an award for trading him from the metrics nerds.

Heart says I love him.

Head says trade him.

19 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Meh. Beasley is always banged up too and can’t take it to the house like Cobb can. 

It’s a lateral move which cost 2mill less. 

Didn’t realize Cobb is cheaper. This move makes more sense now. 

Hearing we are shopping Jordan Lewis AND Byron Jones. 

On my mind: The whole Lawrence issue has been made by the whiff with drafting Taco instead of Watt. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Bankerguy said:

Hearing we are shopping Jordan Lewis AND Byron Jones. 

On my mind: The whole Lawrence issue has been made by the whiff with drafting Taco instead of Watt. 

:yes:

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22

6 hours ago, Bankerguy said:

Absolutely

16 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

A 6th in 2020. Decent contract as well. Hard not to like this. Assuming everyone understands he is terrible vs the run. If he can give us 7-10 sacks it would be awesome. 

5 minutes ago, Bankerguy said:

A 6th in 2020. Decent contract as well. Hard not to like this. Assuming everyone understands he is terrible vs the run. If he can give us 7-10 sacks it would be awesome. 

Yes. Next yrs 6 is a steal.

Supposedly Miami talked about paying some of his salary last week but I don't think anything came of that.

Don't say this very often, but I'm pleased with the front office today 

1 hour ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Yes. Next yrs 6 is a steal.

Supposedly Miami talked about paying some of his salary last week but I don't think anything came of that.

Don't say this very often, but I'm pleased with the front office today 

They paid a 1.2 Million dollar bonus just before the trade. 

• Like 2

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/29/dallas-cowboys-robert-quinn-statistical-review-pass-rush-win-rate/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Age was not a big factor for the 29-year old Quinn in 2018. According to ESPN’s Pass Rush Win Rate metric, he was the best edge rusher in terms of beating his man at the point of attack with a win rate of 40 percent. ESPN’s PRWR is denoted by a pass rusher’s ability to beat his man within 2.5 seconds (the average time for the quarterback to release the ball).

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/29/dallas-cowboys-robert-quinn-statistical-review-pass-rush-win-rate/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Age was not a big factor for the 29-year old Quinn in 2018. According to ESPN’s Pass Rush Win Rate metric, he was the best edge rusher in terms of beating his man at the point of attack with a win rate of 40 percent. ESPN’s PRWR is denoted by a pass rusher’s ability to beat his man within 2.5 seconds (the average time for the quarterback to release the ball).

He had some injuries a couple of years ago but the lack of production was all scheme. He should excel in Dallas. 

I hope we can extend him because if we manage to agree to terms with Lawrence and we have both Quinn will be in line for big payday. Not Dlaw money but more than we can sign him for now. 

10 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

He had some injuries a couple of years ago but the lack of production was all scheme. He should excel in Dallas. 

I hope we can extend him because if we manage to agree to terms with Lawrence and we have both Quinn will be in line for big payday. Not Dlaw money but more than we can sign him for now. 

I have a feeling Tank has played his last down as a Cowboy

On 3/30/2019 at 6:02 PM, Cowboysfan8 said:

I have a feeling Tank has played his last down as a Cowboy

I think we all would like a resolution sooner rather than later.

3 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Good move. 

From what Ive read he relapsed months ago, not recently. He doesn't cost the cowboys anything while suspended, hes productive while on the field and he's dirt cheap. From all accounts all the guys in the lockeroom love him. 

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Good move. 

From what Ive read he relapsed months ago, not recently. He doesn't cost the cowboys anything while suspended, hes productive while on the field and he's dirt cheap. From all accounts all the guys in the lockeroom love him. 

Smart move. Gregory is a good guy by all accounts & if he can stay clean, his production-to-cost ratio will be astronomical.

Edited by Football Jones

4 hours ago, Football Jones said:

Smart move. Gregory is a good guy by all accounts & if he can stay clean, his production-to-cost ratio will be astronomical.

Is this on the same scale as the Rico Gathers potential to actual performance ratio? :D

1 hour ago, dhockster said:

Is this on the same scale as the Rico Gathers potential to actual performance ratio? :D

We have a comedian.

;)

• Like 1

Significant progress made on DLaw’s contract. Could have this done very soon. 

31 minutes ago, Bankerguy said:

Significant progress made on DLaw’s contract. Could have this done very soon. 

Please don't overpay

I'm glad this situation won't hang over the offseason creating a distraction. 

Posted (edited)

That’s about as good as we could’ve hoped for.

I’ll definitely take 20 mil a year for 5.

Edited by Football Jones

Was hoping for a little lower, but its lower than i could have been.  Happy he is staying around

Posted (edited)

F yes!!!

That’s what I’m saying, You guarantee more money and keep the annual salary lower. It’s Jerry’s money not mine.

Now Tank can take care of that shoulder surgery. Was concerned the negotiations would go too long and the recovery would go into camp. 

6 hours ago, Rig24 said:

Now Tank can take care of that shoulder surgery. Was concerned the negotiations would go too long and the recovery would go into camp. 

I believe the recovery time for his surgery is 4 months

I’m glad it’s done. Get healthy and right Tank. Slightly more than I like - but not freaking out. 

Jumped on over 8.5 wins as soon as tank signed. Easy Money. 

40 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

6' 3" , 310....I don't think he's a DE lol

3 Tech

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

The Dallas paper guess a $28M yearly average with $60M guaranteed.  That may be optimistic given what QB's like Cousins, Stafford, and Garoppolo signed for.

Russell Wilson's upcoming deal will affect this too since WIlson is looking to pass what Aaron Rodger got.  

Stephen Jones said Dak's contract needs to be team friendly too.  It will be interesting to see what happens.