What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

** Dallas Cowboys** 2019, you sucked (1 Viewer)

Sean Lee on DeMarcus Lawrence -

"He's such an incredible player and a guy we all feed off," Lee said. "He's extremely important to the defense, down in and down out.

"It goes beyond his pass rushing ability. It's what he does against the run. It's how he'll run screens down when the play is 20 to 30 yards downfield.

"We all understand how important he is. Having him is huge for us."

I don't think there is any way he's not back

Sean Lee on DeMarcus Lawrence -

"He's such an incredible player and a guy we all feed off," Lee said. "He's extremely important to the defense, down in and down out.

"It goes beyond his pass rushing ability. It's what he does against the run. It's how he'll run screens down when the play is 20 to 30 yards downfield.

"We all understand how important he is. Having him is huge for us."

I don't think there is any way he's not back
We all have to understand that he needs surgery.  He won't be reporting to play on the tag - I can't say that for certain, but common sense says it would be in his best interest to take this stance.

Last edited by a moderator:
We all have to understand that he needs surgery.  He won't be reporting to play on the tag - I can't say that for certain, but common sense says it would be in his best interest to take this stance.
Bothers me that he appears to be putting off surgery until the contract situation is figured out

Bothers me that he appears to be putting off surgery until the contract situation is figured out
Heard about it. I think is it's common for players to do that. If the doctor finds excessive damage when performing the surgery it would hurt the players negotiations. 

Who is gonna rush the passer ? I can’t even fathom why anyone would want to get rid of our defensive leader, best defensive player and the only guy on the Dline that doesn’t smoke weed.
I don't know. I don't have a great feeling in my gut about this at all.

Back, shoulder...."wants Mack money", 2 seasons of double digits sacks and those were with Irvin and Gregory on the field.

How many will he get with those guys gone?

How much are you willing to pay him?

Edit: plus he's been suspended once

Cowboysfan8 said:
I don't know. I don't have a great feeling in my gut about this at all.

Back, shoulder...."wants Mack money", 2 seasons of double digits sacks and those were with Irvin and Gregory on the field.

How many will he get with those guys gone?

How much are you willing to pay him?

Edit: plus he's been suspended once
While I agree with you - I also see what Steady is saying. We have no depth at DE. It's a too early, but right now, I see the defense taking a step back this year.

I see no advantage to dragging this out. FO should make their best offer, they have. Tank turned it down. If there's not enough common ground let him walk, why drag this out? Stupid move by the FO.

How much you wanna pay per year?

And how much guaranteed?

What amount are you willing to go?

I'd be lying if I knew the market well enough to answer completely.

The ideal situation would be to give him a deal at 2-5 million dollars a year under the going rate, but fully guaranteed to offset the lower base salary.  If thats not somehting hes not willing to listen to Id be willing to pay him fair market rate but if he wants some type of highest paid defensive player nonsense I'd be ok to looking into trading him.

I just know the Cowboys have to be carful here. For one, they need him. For two, if they dont pay him they run the risk of not only losing him, his production, his leadership, but also the confidence of the guys in the locker room. If youre gonna preach for these guys to act a certain way and play at a high level, you gotta pay when its time to pay. 

I'd be lying if I knew the market well enough to answer completely.

The ideal situation would be to give him a deal at 2-5 million dollars a year under the going rate, but fully guaranteed to offset the lower base salary.  If thats not somehting hes not willing to listen to Id be willing to pay him fair market rate but if he wants some type of highest paid defensive player nonsense I'd be ok to looking into trading him.

I just know the Cowboys have to be carful here. For one, they need him. For two, if they dont pay him they run the risk of not only losing him, his production, his leadership, but also the confidence of the guys in the locker room. If youre gonna preach for these guys to act a certain way and play at a high level, you gotta pay when its time to pay. 
Forgive me then - then how can you just say pay him?

He essentially wants top market value.

I see no advantage to dragging this out. FO should make their best offer, they have. Tank turned it down. If there's not enough common ground let him walk, why drag this out? Stupid move by the FO.
They almost always drag out negotiations until a deadline. Its not uncommon for them to sign guys the very last day possible. 

Whats "top market value"? Highest at his position? Highest defensive player in the league? What?
This is essentially what he wants...

Average Salary‎: ‎$23,500,000

Guaranteed at Signing‎: ‎$60,000,000

Contract‎: ‎6 yr(s) / $141,000,000

Signing Bonus‎: ‎$34,000,000

I'd tell him to pass that ish over here. 

Im with you. I can't deal with crazy. 

Wow.@BryanBroaddus just said on @1053thefan that DeMarcus Lawrence was at captains workouts yesterday.

That’s a BIT surprising, and is a step in the right direction for both sides.

Do you have a link to this? I’ve tried googling but I can’t find anything that says this 

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
 Do you have a link to this? I’ve tried googling but I can’t find anything that says this 
This has not been officially reported - to be clear this my take on what Tank is asking. 

These numbers are what Khalil Mack signed for. It may be slightly more or less, but this undoubtedly is close to the ask. 

This has not been officially reported - to be clear this my take on what Tank is asking. 

These numbers are what Khalil Mack signed for. It may be slightly more or less, but this undoubtedly is close to the ask. 
After brushing up on the situation and listening to a few podcasts I’m cool with paying him somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-22 million a year. I would guarantee most or all of it so you could potentially get him at a lower base. 

Im not cool with the highest paid defensive player in the league money. I like him but he is not Mack.

BTW, lol at me.... when I read your post that said “Mack money” I didn’t think of Khalil, I thought of Mack as in the rap slang term. 

Bringing in Randall Cobb for a visit. If it’s him over Hurns in the slot - I am ALL for this move. 

Dak as we have seen - needs/requires a solid check down option. Cobb would be an upgrade to Beasley in the slot. 

I’m not sure what the confusion is. Pay the man. He deserves it. He has shown that he’s capable of working hard, being productive and being a leader. He is a core guy, homegrown. 
I agree with this. When Fletcher Cox signed his big contract a few years ago I was skeptical he was worth what the Eagles signed him for. But the fact that he was drafted by the Eagles, is an extremely hard worker and very well liked by his teammates, the move had intrinsic value more than just the dollars and cents. I surmise the same is true for Lawrence in Dallas.

Signing him to a big contract probably means they are going to have to make a tough decision on one of their high paid Olineman for cap purposes in the next year or two, but that would have to happen eventually anyway.

Bankerguy said:
Bringing in Randall Cobb for a visit. If it’s him over Hurns in the slot - I am ALL for this move. 

Dak as we have seen - needs/requires a solid check down option. Cobb would be an upgrade to Beasley in the slot. 
All for Cobb replacing Beasley.  

Hyder was essentially signed for his upside-to-cost ratio, which is excellent. Cobb & Berry would be very good additions if the price is right.

Users who are viewing this thread