What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

** Dallas Cowboys** 2019, you sucked (2 Viewers)

Kellen Moore was a stud in college and is young. Anything will be better than Linahan. 

Last edited by a moderator:
not really new blood, more Jerry yes-men if you ask me....
:rolleyes:  

Jerry hasn’t been in charge for the past 5 years dude. This is very old news. 

The most recent a example of this is the firing of Linahan. Jerry said he would be here, a few hours later Stephen contradicted his father and Linahan was gone the following day.  

Moore is EXACTLY the type of guy you want to take a chance on.

It's irrelevant how good he was as a player. Look around the NFL at the top coaches. Were any of them top players? Moore's smarts & football knowledge is the only reason he got a look in the NFL because his arm strength was ####.

Those are the types that make the best coaches. I'd be totally satisfied if Moore was hired as the OC. Enough with the retreads.

It's irrelevant how good he was as a player. Look around the NFL at the top coaches. Were any of them top players? Moore's smarts & football knowledge is the only reason he got a look in the NFL because his arm strength was ####.

Those are the types that make the best coaches. I'd be totally satisfied if Moore was hired as the OC. Enough with the retreads.
Leaning this way myself

Let me start by admitting that I may be a bit bias and the Cowboys are not my favorite team.

But is the bolded above true, and are people talking about Moore based on how he was as a player? Tell them to look at the possible HOF QBs of Doug Pederson and Frank Reich. Both were not the best QBs on the team, but Reich is a potential coach of the year with the Colts this year, and Pederson was certainly a quality coach last year. Really is a silly thing to base a potential coach on. Same as the people who think a front office guy needed to play in the NFL.

If he is so good - why didn’t Dak play better? What difference or impact did he make? What impact going forward is he going to make?

If he is so good - why didn’t Dak play better? What difference or impact did he make? What impact going forward is he going to make?
Play calling? More innovation? Not sounding like a stick in the mud? (Have you ever heard Linahan talk? HTF did he ever get this level?)

That play where Cooper said to Dak, “C’mon man, again?” When he was asked to run thr curl for the billionth time is a spot where younger and more innovative guy might be more in touch with the players and game plan. 

Moore strikes me as a guy similar to what @modogg was getting at; a guy who knows the game but didn’t have the physical traits to make it. 

Who do you have in mind? There doesn’t seem to be a plethora of available OCs and we’ve let a few good assistant coaches walk out the front door over the years. 

I trust Stephen Jones and Will McClay. “Trust the process!”  :tinfoilhat:

We need an imaginative OC. Moore has been getting some pub as an up-&-comer.

I’m not worried about what Dak did or didn’t do with Moore. OC & QB coach are separate entities.

I’m not saying Moore is the best candidate, but I much prefer him to any retread & have a sneaking suspicion he’ll be a good hire.

Got any ideas? 

If you’re Stephen Jones, what would you do? 
I feel they really need an upgrade at QB.  They can win with Dak, but I feel his upside is limited and the error margin is too thin.  I dont think any new OC will make a huge difference.  Hoping I can eat some crow on this.

Fire Garrett or move him to FO. 

Hire Richard or Lincoln Riley. Allow them to pick their staff. 
I like Richard and all but do we know enough about him to let him take over?  Im not sure I want a guy with zero HC experience taking over. Didn’t we already go through all the growing pains of Garrett learning on the job? 

Garrett was on thin Ice with me last season and I think he earned another year. If we have another regression I will be out of patience.

I feel they really need an upgrade at QB.  They can win with Dak, but I feel his upside is limited and the error margin is too thin.  I dont think any new OC will make a huge difference.  Hoping I can eat some crow on this.
Who? Who are you bringing in? Joe Flacco? 

I like Richard and all but do we know enough about him to let him take over?  Im not sure I want a guy with zero HC experience taking over. Didn’t we already go through all the growing pains of Garrett learning on the job? 

Garrett was on thin Ice with me last season and I think he earned another year. If we have another regression I will be out of patience.
....but OK with Moore learning?

....but OK with Moore learning?
 He’s had a few years to learn and was part of explosive college teams so he’s got some knowledge. 

####.... you just made me think of something. I was going to say that while Moore is learning, Garrett can help him along but now I worry Garrett will micromanage him and possibly veto Moore into the wrong playcall. 

Crap. 

He’s had a few years to learn and was part of explosive college teams so he’s got some knowledge. 

####.... you just made me think of something. I was going to say that while Moore is learning, Garrett can help him along but now I worry Garrett will micromanage him and possibly veto Moore into the wrong playcall. 

Crap. 
Hey, at least Garrett learned to be aggressive on 4th down this year, so he can learn new things

Who? Who are you bringing in? Joe Flacco? 
I dont have an option to "bring in" somebody.  Best option is in the draft an Dallas has little in the way of options.  But I don't think they should suck it up and not look for better options.  A QB upgrade of the O would yield the best value and outside TE, its the weakest link.  No quick solution available though.

Hell no. 

Number 1, he’s a giant Richard

Number 2, he would have to replace Garrett (which admittedly is probably an upgrade) but too far in the other direction of Garrett’s conservative style.

Number 3 - The reason the Saints lost is not because of non-call, it was because they made the colossal blunder of passing on first down. 

Number 4, he wears women’s glasses.

Number 5, see number 1

Hell no. 

Number 1, he’s a giant Richard

Number 2, he would have to replace Garrett (which admittedly is probably an upgrade) but too far in the other direction of Garrett’s conservative style.

Number 3 - The reason the Saints lost is not because of non-call, it was because they made the colossal blunder of passing on first down. 

Number 4, he wears women’s glasses.

Number 5, see number 1
All of this

If the Cowboys aren't waiting on someone from the Rams or Patriots, I think them taking their time probably means the offense isn't going to change significantly in 2019. If it was, you would want to get a new guy in as soon as possible to implement his new system. Just a thought.

If the Cowboys aren't waiting on someone from the Rams or Patriots, I think them taking their time probably means the offense isn't going to change significantly in 2019. If it was, you would want to get a new guy in as soon as possible to implement his new system. Just a thought.
Well, the players aren't in Dallas and the staff is at the Pro Bowl, so I don't think that's the case

Yeah, it’s January. This new offense isn’t going to get implemented until spring. 
True. And the fact is the offense doesn't necessarily need to change a lot to show a significant improvement. Just putting a few things into the offense which makes it more unpredictable will help a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread