What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

** Dallas Cowboys** 2019, you sucked (3 Viewers)

Absolutely in love with the Jon Kitna as QB coach move.  Kellen Moore as OC?  I will reserve judgement until at least week 8 of next season to see how it goes.

DT will be the first pick of the draft for the Cowboys(IMHO).

Absolutely in love with the Jon Kitna as QB coach move.  Kellen Moore as OC?  I will reserve judgement until at least week 8 of next season to see how it goes.

DT will be the first pick of the draft for the Cowboys(IMHO).
Unless they’re getting Warren Sapp we need a fiant fat mess in the middle, someone built like Gilbert Brown and they can be had later. We’ve got the light in the ### complimentary guys in Maleik Collins, The Human Log (Woods) and Ross. Irving was actually elite but he’s a ####### so....

I think we’re already going to be loaded at OL but I would go OL or LB. Doubtful Lee comes back and even if so, does he even have it anymore? Wilson likely gone too. We lose one of Jaylon or Vander Esh and we’re right back to where we were every time Lee went out. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless they’re getting Warren Sapp we need a fiant fat mess in the middle, someone built like Gilbert Brown and they can be had later. We’ve got the light in the ### complimentary guys in Maleik Collins, The Human Log (Woods) and Ross. Irving was actually elite but he’s a ####### so....

I think we’re already going to be loaded at OL but I would go OL or LB. Doubtful Lee comes back and even if so, does he even have it anymore? Wilson likely gone too. We lose one of Jaylon or Vander Esh and we’re right back to where we were every time Lee went out. 
Im good for a LB in the 2nd, although Lee has said that he plans on playing next year.  Good with DT or S as well.  Holding out hope for Earl Thomas.

"Randy Gregory of the Dallas Cowboys has been suspended indefinitely for violating the Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse and the terms of his conditional reinstatement."

Shefter

smfh

Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said the team wants Jason Garrett "around here for the long term," but "everybody’s back is against the wall right now."

Jones added the team wants "to take the next step" and said it has been too long since they have gotten past the Divisional Round. The Cowboys made it clear Garrett is on the hot seat by declining to extend him this offseason despite the coach entering the final year of his deal, and these comments seem to lay out the milestones Garrett needs to reach to keep his job. Garrett has been the head coach for eight and a half seasons in Dallas. The Cowboys have two wins in three playoff appearances during that time.

rotoworld

Cowboysfan8 said:
"Randy Gregory of the Dallas Cowboys has been suspended indefinitely for violating the Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse and the terms of his conditional reinstatement."

Shefter

smfh
No way? SHOCKED

ETA - seriously..... what a waste of talent. Both him and even more so with Irving.

GM's walk the fine line of judging talent and character and which one to put more emphasis on. The Cowboys under Jones have always favored talent over character so players like Randy Gregory are going to happen. On the flip side, the Texans almost always favor character over talent and therefore miss out on some really talented players while taking great character guys who cannot play the game. Taking David Carr over Julius Peppers is the classic example of this. Carr was supposed to be this great character guy who would be the face of the franchise for years, but taking a QB first for an expansion team that was going to have an offensive line of castoffs who had never played together for a defensive head coach was the absolute wrong move.

No right way or wrong way, I just think the GM's who take each player on a case by case basis and how they will fit in with the overall makeup of the team do it as well as possible.

Enough about the dooshes on the DL

Chalk one up for the good guys. Love this kid so far

https://sports.yahoo.com/cowboys-leighton-vander-esch-buys-weight-room-for-his-idaho-high-school-191339493.html

"The project cost $70,000, and Vander Esch paid over $45,000 of that out of his own pocket; agent Ron Slavin negotiated a discount on equipment and installation with Boise Fitness Equipment in exchange for Vander Esch doing some marketing and promotional work with the company"

This is not chump change for a rookie.

Just saw a blurb on Sleeperbot that Witten is unretiring and rejoining the cowboys for his 16th season

Amen. 

MNF wins by subtraction and the Dallas Cowboys lose by addition.
Hate it as a Jarwin owner but, man, do I love it as a MNF watcher. The only thing better would be if Witten can convince Garrett that Booger has still got enough juice left to suit up too.

I hate this.

Witten is one of my all time favorite Dallas Cowboys. I will show my grandchildren the video of him running with no helmet after taking a cheap shot to the earhole. 

But he's done. He was done when he played in '17. He's lost steps.

The only way I'm happy with this is if he is a situational player Redzone, etc...

He's a great locker room guy, maybe the TEs can learn from him. I just don't want him taking meaningful snaps from them 

Sigh...

I hate this.

Witten is one of my all time favorite Dallas Cowboys. I will show my grandchildren the video of him running with no helmet after taking a cheap shot to the earhole. 

But he's done. He was done when he played in '17. He's lost steps.

The only way I'm happy with this is if he is a situational player Redzone, etc...

He's a great locker room guy, maybe the TEs can learn from him. I just don't want him taking meaningful snaps from them 

Sigh...
Are having hobbies that difficult?  All he's doing is ruining Darwin.   Perhaps he should go into coaching?

Possibly. But having the Garrett albatross still around your neck hurts. I don't think Kitna and Moore are going to significantly change things.
Yeah maybe, it's hard to say right now. 

I was mostly just jerking your chain, you're one of the few Eagles fans here whose chain I can jerk without them losing their mind

Yeah maybe, it's hard to say right now. 

I was mostly just jerking your chain, you're one of the few Eagles fans here whose chain I can jerk without them losing their mind
No worries. Right back at you. I can talk to Cowboy fans without taking everything personally. Way too many Eagle fans and Cowboy fans take things way too seriously. Let's lighten up, have some fun, and talk about the great game of football. Everybody wins!

I would love nothing more than to land one of those guys but lets be real, we cant be forking out 15 mil for a safety, especially guys either coming off injury or being often banged up.  Better off trying to draft one. 

We (continue to) draft well, keep our core guys, go cheap where you can. This is going to be a constant for the foreseeable future. Youre gonna get lucky with some guys like Woods and Joe Thomas and Xavier Su'a-Filo, then youre gonna get some stinky ones in Daton Jones or say Kony Ealy. Its been working well so far and we are really just getting out of the infancy of this process.

We should start to see improved results going forward. Trust the process CBF8! 

I would love nothing more than to land one of those guys but lets be real, we cant be forking out 15 mil for a safety, especially guys either coming off injury or being often banged up.  Better off trying to draft one. 

We (continue to) draft well, keep our core guys, go cheap where you can. This is going to be a constant for the foreseeable future. Youre gonna get lucky with some guys like Woods and Joe Thomas and Xavier Su'a-Filo, then youre gonna get some stinky ones in Daton Jones or say Kony Ealy. Its been working well so far and we are really just getting out of the infancy of this process.

We should start to see improved results going forward. Trust the process CBF8! 
Yeah, I agree. But it's boring  :lol:

:kicksrock:

The best strategy without a doubt is to pay your own players (if they're worth the money) because you know what you're getting. The key is to draft well. If so, you'll always have a lot of talent on rookie deals which helps your cap situation immensely.

It remains to be seen if Dak deserves a big contract, but I like the way we're going about things as far as player retention/acquisition.

Bottom line, if we keep drafting like we have been in recent years, we'll win a Super Bowl in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread