Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Cowboysfan8

**2019 Dallas Cowboys** Has anyone heard of Randall Cobb??

On 4/10/2019 at 9:40 AM, moondog said:

Stephen Jones said Dak's contract needs to be team friendly too. 

Hope they can make that happen.  He seems like a great guy and teammate, but he's not Wilson by any means.

On 4/16/2019 at 12:15 PM, Cowboysfan8 said:

That's big news. He's better than Jason Kelce when he's out there on the field. Zeke should have an easier time running the ball, and Dak should have more time to throw it.

Well, provided that Dak doesn't totally panic and cave under pressure like he normally does. I want to see more anticipation and better timing from Dak. I want to see him lead the receivers and trust them like all good QBs do. 

49 minutes ago, the lone star said:

That's big news. He's better than Jason Kelce when he's out there on the field. Zeke should have an easier time running the ball, and Dak should have more time to throw it.

Well, provided that Dak doesn't totally panic and cave under pressure like he normally does. I want to see more anticipation and better timing from Dak. I want to see him lead the receivers and trust them like all good QBs do. 

I would say he can be as good as Kelce. Both have been first team all pros. We also don't know how he will be coming back from his ailments.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dhockster said:

I would say he can be as good as Kelce. Both have been first team all pros. We also don't know how he will be coming back from his ailments.

That's fair.

36 minutes ago, Instinctive said:

Just dotting this for the season.

What team do you root for? What do you think the Cowboys final, regular season record will be? You think JG will finally get fired?

38 minutes ago, the lone star said:

What team do you root for? What do you think the Cowboys final, regular season record will be? You think JG will finally get fired?

I root for the Cowboys lol (eta I'm from Dallas). I haven't looked closely at who we're playing yet (I tend to break from football and go all NBA from super bowl until end of NBA playoffs and draft and then catch up). God I hope so.

Edited by Instinctive

2 hours ago, Instinctive said:

I root for the Cowboys lol (eta I'm from Dallas). I haven't looked closely at who we're playing yet (I tend to break from football and go all NBA from super bowl until end of NBA playoffs and draft and then catch up). God I hope so.

Let's Go Bucks!!!

13 hours ago, Football Jones said:

First half is very doable for 6-2. Second half is much tougher.

Hopefully we gel as the season goes along. We're still really young.

That 5 game stretch starting with the Pats is rough 

I usually nail a couple of draft picks a year. Gotta be honest, I know almost nothing about this draft class and who we are taking. 

The name I hear the most is Juan Thornhill. I like this but believe he will be gone  

However, I think the boys take a TE  (not who I would pick) my official guess is Jace Sternburner. He might be round 3. 

Who you got?

Edited by Bankerguy

15 hours ago, Bankerguy said:

I usually nail a couple of draft picks a year. Gotta be honest, I know almost nothing about this draft class and who we are taking. 

The name I hear the most is Juan Thornhill. I like this but believe he will be gone  

However, I think the boys take a TE  (not who I would pick) my official guess is Jace Sternburner. He might be round 3. 

Who you got?

Jace is a cool name but I hope we don’t draft yet another TE, especially early. 

I don’t know anything about this draft except the Debo(sp?) kid might be a better replacement for Beasley and Cobb who can also line up outside. The Duke QB is being pimped as the next Manning because he’s buddy buddy with the Mannings and this draft is deep at DT

I want defense, Oline and another non diva WR.

1 hour ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Jace is a cool name but I hope we don’t draft yet another TE, especially early. 

I don’t know anything about this draft except the Debo(sp?) kid might be a better replacement for Beasley and Cobb who can also line up outside. The Duke QB is being pimped as the next Manning because he’s buddy buddy with the Mannings and this draft is deep at DT

I want defense, Oline and another non diva WR.

What would be wrong with a TE? You that high on Jarwin?

I think it's a big-time need.

57 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

What would be wrong with a TE? You that high on Jarwin?

I think it's a big-time need.

I think we have too many TEs as it is. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I think we have too many TEs as it is. 

Nobody we couldn't cut and not lose sleep. We have quantity, not quality. 

I like Jace as a fantasy prospect, but think there is zero chance the Cowboys draft him. He doesn't fit what they do, he's not a plus in-line blocker. 

22 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Enough of the TEs!!!!!

What Boise State player will we take?

Brett Rypien in the 6th.

On 4/17/2019 at 11:01 PM, Football Jones said:

First half is very doable for 6-2. Second half is much tougher.

Hopefully we gel as the season goes along. We're still really young.

just max bet Cowboys under wins for the season :stirspot:

37 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

:Broomstick:

well, looks like you guys and the Eagles just got 2 freebies playing the Giants. Man i hope they have to start Daniel Jones...........

We're not going for a TE with Jason filling in this year. They want one of the top 5 safeties like Taylor Rapp, they will probably give up one of the fourths to jump up a few spots if they have the opportunity to. If they are all gone a DT is most likely with their 2nd pick. They will look to get a RB in the fourth.

Deebo Samuel is intriguing for the second round and would probably be the pick if it weren't for Cobb. 

Look for CB, WR, OT in the last three picks. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Arodin said:

Brett Rypien in the 6th.

Highly unlikely, since we don't have a sixth and he's not an upgrade over White or even Rush. It's Alexander Mattison late. 

7 hours ago, Arodin said:

Brett Rypien in the 6th.

If my cuz goes to Dallas I'll leave the fam.

5 hours ago, modogg said:

just max bet Cowboys under wins for the season :stirspot:

I actually think they hit the over.  Their O/U is too low this year.

8 hours ago, tonydead said:

We're not going for a TE with Jason filling in this year. They want one of the top 5 safeties like Taylor Rapp, they will probably give up one of the fourths to jump up a few spots if they have the opportunity to. If they are all gone a DT is most likely with their 2nd pick. They will look to get a RB in the fourth.

Deebo Samuel is intriguing for the second round and would probably be the pick if it weren't for Cobb. 

Look for CB, WR, OT in the last three picks. 

I think it’s Rapp or Deebo. Whichever is available. 

A bit surprised that Savage was first S off the board, but he was a rising player lately.  Hoping Rapp falls into our laps.

1 hour ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I think it’s Rapp or Deebo. Whichever is available. 

I think it's a DT. They need to do something to keep the Rams from rushing for 700 yds against them.

Jane Slater thinks it's Hill

https://mobile.twitter.com/SlaterNFL/status/1121755297528283137?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1121756361740759041&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231121756361740759041

Edited by Cowboysfan8
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

So what do you all think of our 2019 first rounder?

:pickle:

SOTD😎

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Marnelli in the war room. Looks like Hill. 

Edited by tonydead