What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

** Dallas Cowboys** 2019, you sucked (3 Viewers)

He can be a difference maker on the field. Unfortunately it can be either good or bad. Sacks, pressures, or personal foul penalties.

Agree with all this here.  Cowboys going with talent over character.  Not the type of guy you want on the team.  High risk of this ending bad.

How can these guys possibly still be the coaches? We march downfield in the shoulders of Dak all night and then 2nd and 2 need to score we run two idiotic run plays that haven't work all night?!

Great, now we can run a 4th and 5 with the game on the line and no freedom to do anything surprising or useful. Can't believe our coaches let these guys down like this time after time it feels.

How can these guys possibly still be the coaches? We march downfield in the shoulders of Dak all night and then 2nd and 2 need to score we run two idiotic run plays that haven't work all night?!

Great, now we can run a 4th and 5 with the game on the line and no freedom to do anything surprising or useful. Can't believe our coaches let these guys down like this time after time it feels.
That was ####### sad

Seriously 

I don’t think I’ve openly called for Garrett’s job before but man, that was awful 

Literally snatched defeat from the jaws of victory 

Just another frustrating loss that will be part of another frustrating season.  

On that game ending drive, the 3rd down play looked like Dak had the option of running it himself of giving it to Zeke and the D only had 3 on the line.  Williams just let the lineman blowup the play while going to the 2nd level.  Might have been a good play with poor execution.  I would really like to see the 4th down pass from behind.  Had to be a better option than Zeke.

Should have never paid zeke. Should have given Dak the keys to the offense. 

Our OL is better suited to pass pro. We’re weak in the middle of both the Oline (C.Williams is soft and we should be starting Xavier Su'a-Filo who was drafted higher than Connor) and Dline (We need a big fat hawg). 

Should have never paid zeke. Should have given Dak the keys to the offense. 

Our OL is better suited to pass pro. We’re weak in the middle of both the Oline (C.Williams is soft and we should be starting Xavier Su'a-Filo who was drafted higher than Connor) and Dline (We need a big fat hawg). 
Serious question, not trying to take a dig at the Cowboys: Do you think Jones felt he had to re-sign Zeke to validate (or get credit for) his decision to draft Zeke 4th overall?

I think Jones biggest weakness as an owner is trying to get credit for things, which sometimes comes at the expense of overall success, when ultimately he would get credit for the overall success. Jimmy Johnson is the obvious biggest example of this.

Cowboys should have let Zeke play his contract out and let him walk.  Would rather put the $$$ in Cooper who they might not be able to afford now.

Serious question, not trying to take a dig at the Cowboys: Do you think Jones felt he had to re-sign Zeke to validate (or get credit for) his decision to draft Zeke 4th overall?

I think Jones biggest weakness as an owner is trying to get credit for things, which sometimes comes at the expense of overall success, when ultimately he would get credit for the overall success. Jimmy Johnson is the obvious biggest example of this.
that was my speculation all along. Not a ton of difference in valuation of player importance between salary and draft pedigree. If you value a guy enough too draft him #4 overall - are he performs like that - you gotta pay him. If he isn't worth the cash, he probably wasn't worth the pick.

If you weren't able to get lucky and draft Dak in the 4th round, where teams almost never find starters - you'd be picking top 10 imo.

The main thing I'm feeling is apathy, but also pissed off at my grandfather and uncle for inflicting Cowboys fandom on me at such a young age that I had no choice but to deal with this BS for the rest of my life. 

Not sure what more ya want. They have a chance to win the division and get hit in the playoffs. It’s really all that matters. 

Doesn’t really matter how you get there. Hopefully Garrett coaches like it’s his last game every game and goes for it. 

They miss the playoffs and I’ll be pissed right there with you guys but until the Eagles game nothing else matters. 

Not sure what more ya want. They have a chance to win the division and get hit in the playoffs. It’s really all that matters. 

Doesn’t really matter how you get there. Hopefully Garrett coaches like it’s his last game every game and goes for it. 

They miss the playoffs and I’ll be pissed right there with you guys but until the Eagles game nothing else matters. 
If they play out the string like they played on Thanksgiving the Eagles game probably won’t matter

If they play out the string like they played on Thanksgiving the Eagles game probably won’t matter
It’s unlikely we’re going to win the super bowl. Pretty pathetic that Michael Bennett of all people had to give this team a kick in the pants. 

I guess we’ll see if it works. 

Complete and utter apathy has set in. 

Such a wasted year. 

The main thing I'm feeling is apathy, but also pissed off at my grandfather and uncle for inflicting Cowboys fandom on me at such a young age that I had no choice but to deal with this BS for the rest of my life. 
I can see the disappointment from Cowboy fans, but your team still leads the division and has a relatively easy path to the playoffs. Very interesting to me that many of their team's fans have already called this a disappointing season.

That's probably because most of us expect them to get blown out in round 1.  They've lost to anyone with a pulse.  And the Jets for god's sake.

Jerry's ego has ultimately been the downfall of the Cowboys, year in, year out......the only reason red still has the job is cuz hes a yes man....and I think Jerry wanted to keep consistency......but Jerry wants SB's, so he may have to swallow his ego and bring in someone that will command more control.....I just don't know if Jerry's ego will allow it.

I appreciate the positive outlook, but "Not sure what more ya want"?  This team leaves a lot to want.  Nothing that's happened the last couple weeks would give you a good feeling about them being able to do anything come the playoffs, if they actually make them.  Really not looking forward to them getting a playoff beat down again.  Offense, Defense and ST have all been coming up short.  I really hope I have to come back here and say how off my take is, but doesn't look like that will happen.

Not a Cowboys fan, but this is the battle-cry of perennial "also-rans" that simply fill out the post season schedule on a rotating basis with other also-rans.

The goal is to secure a 1st round bye and be home for the play-offs. That's (obviously) the easiest and quickest path to the Super Bowl.

The list of Super Bowl champs that played 3 play-off games on the road to get there is pretty short.

I'm sure the Cowboys fan base thought that they would be right in the thick of this pursuit... not hoping to back into the post-season as an 8-8 division champion with no quality wins.

Not a Cowboys fan, but this is the battle-cry of perennial "also-rans" that simply fill out the post season schedule on a rotating basis with other also-rans.

The goal is to secure a 1st round bye and be home for the play-offs. That's (obviously) the easiest and quickest path to the Super Bowl.

The list of Super Bowl champs that played 3 play-off games on the road to get there is pretty short.

I'm sure the Cowboys fan base thought that they would be right in the thick of this pursuit... not hoping to back into the post-season as an 8-8 division champion with no quality wins.
The Cowboys haven’t been in danger of securing a bye in months so I’m not sure why I should be hoping for that. 

Let’s be real, ALL of these teams suck and have major flaws. This is the modern NFL with it’s parody.  The MASSIVE mood swings have become just as bad as the game on the field. 

I see myself becoming an old man where I simply can no longer allow myself to get too high or too low about a group of grown men I dont actually know playing a game I barely recognize.

Here's what I see happening. They don't pay Dak top $ and let him test the market. Jerry has his eyes set on his grandson as the future Cowboys QB and feels like he is winning because he doesn't have to pay anyone $30 million a year to play QB. If Jerry lives long enough to see it. He's got 2 years before he tells his grandson to declare for the NFL draft as a redshirt Jr. Grandson balls out as a Jr and Jerry gives 15 - future 1st round picks to whoever has the #1 overall pick.

Red has lost the team.....firing is inevitable....jerrah continues on as a mediocre (at best) GM and the Cowboys continue to pay the wrong guys/listen to the wrong guys/let the wrong guys make personnel decisions, etc.....

I would come here and gloat about what a dumpster fire the Cowboys are right now with the talent they have, Unfortunately, the Eagles are as big a dumpster fire or worse, so I will just keep my mouth shut.

I see myself becoming an old man where I simply can no longer allow myself to get too high or too low about a group of grown men I dont actually know playing a game I barely recognize.
Cowboys aside, I'm there with the NFL, too. Easy to do with the Jets at the helm of one's fandom. 

The Cowboys haven’t been in danger of securing a bye in months so I’m not sure why I should be hoping for that. 

Let’s be real, ALL of these teams suck and have major flaws. This is the modern NFL with it’s parody.  The MASSIVE mood swings have become just as bad as the game on the field. 

I'm getting to the point where I don't care much anymore.  I enjoy college sports more than pro.  And I'm rooting for my fantasy team even against the Cowboys.....I mean I still want the 'Boys to win, but I just don't have the passion for it I once did. I think I'm just tired of Jerry Jones the GM, and his "yes man" coach.....it's become a tired routine.

About time on Maher, not getting excited about Forbath though.

Expect a new kicker next year.

It could happen. I am less concerned with Eli starting given his abysmal record against the Eagles over the last 10 years, but it definitely could happen.
I think I saw somewhere he's thrown more INTs vs the Eagles then any other team and the 2nd next team on the list who have picked him off the most isn't even close. I maybe wrong though

Users who are viewing this thread