What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is your daily weekday morning routine? (1 Viewer)

nirad3

Footballguy
The hobby thread got me thinking... there is a very diverse group of folks here and I'm wondering what everyone's daily routine is morning-wise.  Do a lot of you get up early to exercise, for example?  For me....

7am - wake up and get the kids ready for school, along with shower and dress for work

8am-ish - get the kids to school and get to work

9am-ish - make myself a cup of coffee and eat a protein bar

Pretty mundane.  :(   Anyone else do a crap-ton of stuff in the morning?  

Up at 5:45

Shower

Coffee

Watch DP Show/ news/ surf net for about 20-30

Make Green Drink

Get Dressed

Out the door by 7:15ish

Used to wake up go to gym 3 or so times a week when in town but have switched to the lunch time workout.

Work from home and we are "Empty Nester's" now.

Work week schedule is:

Wake up at 5:15am, open dog door, make coffee, feed the dog and cat, start working.. Few hours later shower..

Since I have to be available until 3:30pm( so a 10 hour logged in day), I take 2 hours during the day as my lunch hour...
During the summer I'll go out for a hike at the local State Park, or do some wood burning, work my on Vineyard..

In the winter, when we have snow, I go Cross Country skiing. But with not enough snow this winter yet to ski on I've been wasting the days away playing Civilization and watching Netflix...

Going to Need a new winter hobby if Mother Nature doesn't start producing snow. :rant:

Last edited by a moderator:
alarm at 5:05am. 

Snooze until 5:20ish

Brush Teeth, Shave, Shower, Dressed, grab coffee and pack lunch

Leave by 6am for work, arrive at work 630am

• Up at 5:50 am
  • Poop
  • Exercise - 3 sets of pushups (around 90-100 total) and 3 sets of crunches (100-120 total), alternating.
  • make and drink a fruit smoothie (half banana, peanut butter powder, frozen mixed berries, almond milk)
  • feed and walk the dogs
  • shower and dress
  • coffee and protein bar on drive to work

Used to wake up go to gym 3 or so times a week when in town but have switched to the lunch time workout.
Just thinking about exercising in the morning leaves me feeling punchy.  I forget what life was like before the lunch workout and I don't want to remember. 

My morning routine depends on who is watching our 3 year old (and where) and what time I'm starting work that day.  But I shower, pack gym bag, prepare food/coffee, etc. the night before so all I need to do for myself is brush my teeth, get dressed, pour coffee, and gather whatever I need for that day.

• Up at 5:50 am
  • Poop
  • Exercise - 3 sets of pushups (around 90-100 total) and 3 sets of crunches (100-120 total), alternating.
  • make and drink a fruit smoothie (half banana, peanut butter powder, frozen mixed berries, almond milk)
  • feed and walk the dogs
  • shower and dress
  • coffee and protein bar on drive to work
You poop first thing every morning?  I can't remember the last time I pooped before going to work in the morning.  Interesting.

- Up around 8am

- Walk son to school at 8:15am

- Poop/shower/sometimes shave 8:30-9:00am

- Dress/groom myself 9:00am-9:20am

- Out the door 9:20-9:45am

Trying to get back into working out daily, need to adjust to below:

- Up around 6:20am

- Gym 6:40am - 8am

- Walk son to school at 8:15am

- Poop/shower/sometimes shave 8:30-9:00am

- Dress/groom myself 9:00am-9:20am

- Out the door 9:20-9:45am

Up at 6:05

Brush teeth and shower

Get dressed

Surf on internet/check email for 5 minutes

Drop daughter off at bus stop at 6:38

Drive to work

Up around 5.  Drink coffee, watch tv, internet until 6.  If I'm not a lazy POS, workout until 6:50, then shower and off to work by 7:15 for arrival right before 8.

But today that schedule was the same except I extended the drink coffee, watch tv, internet until 7:00.

I feel so much better when I workout in the morning but man it's hard sometimes. 

You poop first thing every morning?  I can't remember the last time I pooped before going to work in the morning.  Interesting.
I've recently converted to this also, and I hate it.  For years I have always been a ~10am pooper, but for some reason since around Thanksgiving it hits me about 7:30 am right as I'm leaving the house, so I either better make time for it before I leave, or I'm not gonna make it to work.  I hate the early morning poos

7:20am radio alarm wakes me with news

8:00am dog jumps on bed to cuddle

8:30am roll out of bed. Poop, pee, shave, brush teeth, shower

9:30am turn on computer in home office for work

Alarm goes off at 6:23.  I hit snooze until close to 7 because my life is a Greek tragedy and I don't really want to live it anymore.

Go into the darkest bathroom with a loud exhaust fan, throw a towel over my head and poop in the dark, anxiously wondering what sort of misery awaits me once I wipe myself and open the door to the world.

Go to another bathroom, this one with a window that I despise because it allows sunlight to penetrate the walls.  Let the shower run until it's scalding hot, resting my head on the sink, eyes closed, daydreaming about falling back to sleep.

Shower in the dark.  Not even I want to see my grotesque figure naked.  Once a week I'll shave in there.  It doesn't even matter anymore.  Nothing I do to my appearances hurts or helps me.  I am a physical lost cause now.

By 7:30, I emerge, find something to wear, usually jeans, a shirt, a jacket that I won't take off because I'm always cold.

Go downstairs, grab coffee, maybe find something to take for a lunch, bid farewell to a wife and kids who ignore me and I'm sure are happy when I leave.

Fight traffic to work, usually listening to NPR because there's no commercials and I've heard every song already that will play on the FM stations.  I can't do sports talk anymore.  If I want bad sports takes, I'll listen to my own thoughts.  My CD player broke 10 years ago.  I don't have the money to fix it.  I don't even care. 

Usually up around 5, sometimes earlier. It's either a back problem or a ####### cat meowing in my face that does it. I then go out on to the couch which solves both the back problem because I can sit more upright and the cat will stop bothering me.

Try to sleep until about 5:45, then up to go to the gym in my building.

Back by 6:30, shower and get ready for work. Mix in watching the first 10-15 minutes of Boomer and Gio which I DVR everyday. 

Out the door by 7:20, at my desk in midtown by 7:55ish.

I don't see my 2 yo daughter which is a bummer (at least in person...she's typically up for a bit around the same time I am, but she entertains herself in her crib before going back to sleep...so I peek in on her through the monitor). 

pets get me up around 5-5:30

- let dog out, feed them

- check work emails and reports make sure there are no emergencies

- if i can get back to sleep... put in ear buds and camp in my recliner for another hour or so.

- get up and check emails again

- make coffee and watch some sports show.

- get ready

- out of the house around 9-9:30a to meet with customers

- home by 3-4p ensure everything is smooth.

- run daughter to activities

- dinner

- watch some series with the mrs

- in bed by about 9-10p 

- out around 11-12

nirad3 said:
Damn a lot of early risers here.  
I'm up by 530, out the door by 620, at work by 7.

Since i work on a military base though, I'm the last of the 5  civilians in my office to come in.

Wake up somewhere between 4:30 and 5:15...

Feed and walk dogs.

Make coffee.

Iron clothes.

Shower.

Have some coffee and watch some local news.

Leave the house about 7:15 for work.

I naturally get up at about 7:30.  I don't need to leave the house until 9:30.    In that 2 hours, I pretty much do what I'd do if it was after work besides watching tv.   

snogger said:

Work week schedule is:

Wake up at 5:15am, open dog door, make coffee, feed the dog and cat, start working.. Few hours later shower..

Since I have to be available until 3:30pm( so a 10 hour logged in day), I take 2 hours during the day as my lunch hour...
During the summer I'll go out for a hike at the local State Park, or do some wood burning, work my on Vineyard..

In the winter, when we have snow, I go Cross Country skiing. But with not enough snow this winter yet to ski on I've been wasting the days away playing Civilization and watching Netflix...

Going to Need a new winter hobby if Mother Nature doesn't start producing snow. :rant:

Do you have a dedicated doggy door that you close at night?

I feel the exact opposite about snow for almost the same reason.    As long as the ground is clear, I can keep mountain biking which makes the winter go by so much faster.  Once that snow hits, mountain biking becomes iffy.   

This is my Tuesday-Sat schedule.  Sundays and Mondays I get up whenever I wake up.

I don`t have to go to our office in the mornings.  I usually go right to my scheduled appointments. I make coffee the night before so it brews at 5:30.

5:45: Get up, let dogs out and have coffee

6:00  I am have a home gym, work out from 6-7am almost every day. If I don`t work out I walk the dogs for an hour.

7:00  Eat after workout. Protein shake or a oatmeal with protein and other items like blueberries, almonds.

7:20 go into home office and check e-mails. 

8:00 take shower.

8:30 Out the door.

The good thing is now I never schedule anything on Monday until after 12 noon, and Friday`s all my appointments are before noon. I deal with all the Big 3 buyers and they are never available afternoon on Friday anyway.

So I am squeezing almost an extra day off. There is nothing better than sleeping until you wake up on a winter Monday morning after a long weekend.

Wake-up between 6:00 to shower and get dressed.

6:30ish I eat breakfast which is usually yogurt and a banana while I make my coffee, pack my lunch and fill up my 2 water bottles for the day.

6:50 leave for work 

It's not thrilling. 

Up at 6:00. 

Get son fed, dressed & off to daycare by 7:00.

Gym by 7:20

Protein drink, poop, shower and up to work at 9:15.

Up at 6:30.

Brush teeth and drive to work.

Use the gym at work, shower, grab a coffee.

At my desk between 8:30-8:45.

Alarm set for 5:00, snooze until 5:20/5:30.

Feed and let the dog out.

Shower.

Iron clothes.

Out the door by 6:15.

Then on the weekends, I'm up with a start at 5:00 and can't get back to sleep. :rolleyes:

nirad3 said:
I'm more surprised by the length of the routines.  Some people are up 2-2.5 hours before the leave for work??  That's crazy to me unless you have trouble sleeping later.

Mine varies and I need to get in to a better routine.  Here's my typical one:

6:00 - Wake-up to get youngest kid up - we have one in elementary, one in middle school and 2 in HS.  The youngest has the earliest bus

6:05 - Make coffee and drop a deuce if needed

6:10 - Check weather and news - shave once or twice a week

6:15 - Listen to tunes or a podcast while I shower and get my clothes ready

6:30 - Get dressed and drink coffeee

6:45 - To go coffee and leave for the bus stop

Usually, I'm at work around 8:00 or so.  Some days I will go in a little later and drive my daughter to school;  some days I work from home so will sleep in a little later;  every day I hate having to go to work

snogger said:

Work week schedule is:

Do you have a dedicated doggy door that you close at night?

I feel the exact opposite about snow for almost the same reason.    As long as the ground is clear, I can keep mountain biking which makes the winter go by so much faster.  Once that snow hits, mountain biking becomes iffy.    
Yes... The door has a security lock on the inside. At night, or if we are leaving the house, we just put the door on...

Greatest home improvement project I've ever done, hands down! 
So nice to just open the door in the morning and let the dog go in and out to the fenced in backyard when it wants. :thumbup:

Alarm at 5:12, snooze until about 5:45.

Pee

Fill up kids' water bottles (lunches were packed the night before)

Deactivate house alarm

Put odds and ends away that didn't get put away the night before

Unload dishwasher

Shower

Get dressed, shave

Let the dog out, open up the coop so the chickens have access to their run

Out the door by 6:40, should really leave at 6:30

At work by 7/7:10.

Check on fantasy sports, open up FFA

Poop (I like to get paid to poop)

Alarms set for 5:30 and 5:40.

Either get up, let the dog out and workout or go back to sleep.

Workout days - work out for ~1 hr then go take a shower and throw on sweats

Wake up the kids at 7:00 and get them ready

Wife or I will make them breakfasts/lunches for the day

Comb the kids hair and get them in shoes/coats

My wife takes my 5 YO to daycare at 8:00

I usually get dressed/shaved at 8:30

Take my 1st grader to school at 8:45 if we are walking or 9:00 if it is too cold/rainy

Leave for work around 9:15 and get there at 9:20.

I don't eat breakfast 99% of the time.

Yes... The door has a security lock on the inside. At night, or if we are leaving the house, we just put the door on...

Greatest home improvement project I've ever done, hands down! 
So nice to just open the door in the morning and let the dog go in and out to the fenced in backyard when it wants. :thumbup:
Agreed.   A doggy dog is pretty amazing.   I never got the lock feature.   I don't even lock my front door though.  My doggos would turn on me if I took away their ability to go into the yard while I'm at work.

Alarm set for 4:20, usually wake up by 4:18

Get out of bed, grab my workout clothes, make a cup of coffee, drink coffee while reading and surfing the net.  Let the dog out.

Poop (yes, every morning usually by 5)

Make lunch (usually just grab leftovers)

MWF go to pool, swim until 6

TTh either read a bit longer or go to the gym at work.

Commute is around 20-25 minutes

Start work at 6:30.

nirad3 said:
:goodposting:  

I feel like the world is coming to an end on the 2 mornings my wife works and I have to get up at 6:30 with my kids. The other 5 days, I get up when my body is done. Usually around 7:30 or so. I'm usually in bed by 11:00pm too. I love sleep.  :shrug:

I'm more surprised by the length of the routines.  Some people are up 2-2.5 hours before the leave for work??  That's crazy to me unless you have trouble sleeping later.

Mine varies and I need to get in to a better routine.  Here's my typical one:

6:00 - Wake-up to get youngest kid up - we have one in elementary, one in middle school and 2 in HS.  The youngest has the earliest bus

6:05 - Make coffee and drop a deuce if needed

6:10 - Check weather and news - shave once or twice a week

6:15 - Listen to tunes or a podcast while I shower and get my clothes ready

6:30 - Get dressed and drink coffeee

6:45 - To go coffee and leave for the bus stop

Usually, I'm at work around 8:00 or so.  Some days I will go in a little later and drive my daughter to school;  some days I work from home so will sleep in a little later;  every day I hate having to go to work
Just shaving alone takes me 20 minutes or so.  I don't know how you guys shower, shave, groom, etc. in 20 minutes or so.

mine is a lot like everyone elses i wake up at about 530 then i go downstairs and fight a rouge badger for roughly 30 to 45 minutes depending on how tough it is then after that i head to the garage where i weld and grind stainless steel and other metals it doesnt have to be anything in particular i just weld and grind stuff stuff normally without a mask then after that i head in to work early and for about the next hour i just stand as close to the blast furnace as i can just because fna i can and you cant and then when i am literally radiating heat and my shirt is literally steaming as it starts to but is not quite melting from that hour next to the blast furnace i punch in and get to work so like i said just a normal morning take that to the bank bromigos 

No Kidding 

Alarm goes off at 7:00.  Out of bed at 7:00 or 705

Turn on the Keurig 

Pee

Wet my hair under the sink Towel dry and shake 

Brush Teeth 

Dress

make the wife a cup of coffee and wake her up. 

Pet the cat  and out the door  between 7:20 and 7:25

At work around 8:00   

I don't have to leave the house until 9:30.   I can't sleep past 7:30.  At that point, I have over 8 hours sleep.   #FirstWorldProblems.

get up at 645

let dogs out (we have 3) 645 -7 

feed dogs 7- 715

log online to quickly look at news/FF/email 715-730

shower/get dressed 730-750

let dogs out again (if one or more didn't poop) 750-800

get breakfast and lunch ready (eat breakfast at my desk) 8-815

out the door 815

arrive at work 830

Just shaving alone takes me 20 minutes or so.  I don't know how you guys shower, shave, groom, etc. in 20 minutes or so.
Very thin facial hair.  If I'm particularly lazy, I won't shave some days.  When I do it is with an electric and takes me less than three minutes.  It might take three minutes on Mondays since I don't shave Fri-Sat-Sun.

Users who are viewing this thread