What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone use Sleeper (sleeperbot) to host their dynasty leagues? (1 Viewer)

joey

Footballguy
We've been on MFL for a decade now. Same old story: powerful but steep learning curve for new owners, and costs $70.

Someone recommended Sleeper to host the league next year. Free. Seems to have all the basic features we need (IR, trading draft picks, and such) since we're a pretty vanilla 12 team league.

Another owner and I (I'm co-commish) are poking around the site now but I'd love to hear about anyone's experiences with running or playing in a league on Sleeper?

Feedback appreciated. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I just moved one of my leagues over to Sleeperbot this past year, kind of used 2018 as a trial and it worked pretty much as smoothly as possible.  The only thing I don't particularly like is how they list the free agent pool, it's more in a "trending" or "not trending" list than actual stats, and the stats themselves aren't very easily sorted but the site is great for everything else as long as scoring isn't something you need super customized.  I haven't looked into it too much since my leagues are pretty standard, but the site is easy as all can be for a simple scoring dynasty league.

They're usually really quick to help if you send in something for support as well.  At least the 2x I had to do that over the course of our league year.  Renewing it was easy as well.  Similar to MFL in that it opens a new 2019 league page.  More accessible than MFL though.  I love the platform honestly I just wish they made it a little more detailed.  The live scoring isn't very interactive and kind of a let down, and the stats page isn't the best either but it's worked great.  It's almost easier to use as a commissioner on mobile than it is desktop.  

I just moved one of my leagues over to Sleeperbot this past year, kind of used 2018 as a trial and it worked pretty much as smoothly as possible.  The only thing I don't particularly like is how they list the free agent pool, it's more in a "trending" or "not trending" list than actual stats, and the stats themselves aren't very easily sorted but the site is great for everything else as long as scoring isn't something you need super customized.  I haven't looked into it too much since my leagues are pretty standard, but the site is easy as all can be for a simple scoring dynasty league.

They're usually really quick to help if you send in something for support as well.  At least the 2x I had to do that over the course of our league year.  Renewing it was easy as well.  Similar to MFL in that it opens a new 2019 league page.  More accessible than MFL though.  I love the platform honestly I just wish they made it a little more detailed.  The live scoring isn't very interactive and kind of a let down, and the stats page isn't the best either but it's worked great.  It's almost easier to use as a commissioner on mobile than it is desktop.  
thanks for the feedback, Zyphros.

I actually did contact their support folks a few times today and this guy Daniel responded PROMPTLY and was extremely helpful, which is a great sign.

I made a few feature requests:

- to allow customization to # of future years of draft picks you're able to trade. It's currently set to 3 years with no ability to change. He said they hope to add that next year.

- to allow the ability to resize the center panel of the UI, where all the important League, Roster, Settings, Matchup tabs live. Their right Chat panel is so damn wide and I'd love to be able to make the area where you do most of your business a lot wider. Thankfully, they said this request was made a few times so they're hoping to add that this year.

(even though their support team replied quickly, I hope this site isn't the same as MFL where you get the "yeah, we're hoping to add that feature soon" but then nothing changes. Like ever. Never ever. with MFL ;) )

Anyway, continuing to poke around the site and will invite the other owners to poke around soon as well for their feedback, but so far so good for our league's needs.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the feedback, Zyphros.

I actually did contact their support folks a few times today and this guy Daniel responded PROMPTLY and was extremely helpful, which is a great sign.

I made a few feature requests:

- to allow customization to # of future years of draft picks you're able to trade. It's currently set to 3 years with no ability to change. He said they hope to add that next year.

- to allow the ability to resize the center panel of the UI, where all the important League, Roster, Settings, Matchup tabs live. Their right Chat panel is so damn wide and I'd love to be able to make the area where you do most of your business a lot wider. Thankfully, they said this request was made a few times so they're hoping to add that this year.

(even though their support team replied quickly, I hope this site isn't the same as MFL where you get the "yeah, we're hoping to add that feature soon" but then nothing changes. Like ever. Never ever. with MFL ;) )

Anyway, continuing to poke around the site and will invite the other owners to poke around soon as well for their feedback, but so far so good for our league's needs.
I haven't really requested anything as an update, just a "how do I use this feature" type of thing for commissioner questions or that sort of thing.  I know my co-commissioner asked them for that same resizing of the center panel thing, but they're more geared towards mobile, and that isn't an issue there.  He also requested a "league board" of sorts that shows all rosters/picks in one place rather than clicking each team individually.  If the scoring system was a little more comprehensive that actually had something to follow, I wouldn't be using any other site.  I hate MFL but forced to use it because we have IDP in that league.  

I highly recommend it. 

I haven't really requested anything as an update, just a "how do I use this feature" type of thing for commissioner questions or that sort of thing.  I know my co-commissioner asked them for that same resizing of the center panel thing, but they're more geared towards mobile, and that isn't an issue there.  He also requested a "league board" of sorts that shows all rosters/picks in one place rather than clicking each team individually.  If the scoring system was a little more comprehensive that actually had something to follow, I wouldn't be using any other site.  I hate MFL but forced to use it because we have IDP in that league.  

I highly recommend it. 
thanks again for the reply.

any chance you found out how/if you can reverse a transaction as commish? I just ran a test add/drop but now can't find a way to reverse it without putting in an official waiver claim.

thanks again for the reply.

any chance you found out how/if you can reverse a transaction as commish? I just ran a test add/drop but now can't find a way to reverse it without putting in an official waiver claim.
Easier to do on mobile, I haven't found a way on desktop actually.  But on mobile it's still a chore to find.  you have to go to a specific team, like you're viewing their roster, scroll all the way to bottom (past the draft picks) and there you'll find "commissioner tools".  The other place is in the league settings then "commissioner control" but that's just for lineups and scores.  

Easier to do on mobile, I haven't found a way on desktop actually.  But on mobile it's still a chore to find.  you have to go to a specific team, like you're viewing their roster, scroll all the way to bottom (past the draft picks) and there you'll find "commissioner tools".  The other place is in the league settings then "commissioner control" but that's just for lineups and scores.  
yup. Just got exactly those directions (use mobile site, not desktop. scroll to bottom of team page for commish tools) from the Sleeper Support folks within an hour of my last post. I really love their responsiveness.

Unless my league balks at the lack of control to limit the # of future years of draft picks you can trade, I can't imagine us not going with Sleeper over MFL this coming season. And it's a low stakes league ($50per person) so saving that $70 MFL fee and putting that in the prize pool is nothing to sneeze at.

Thanks again for all your replies so far, Zyphros. Maybe we convince some other commissioners to give Sleeper a shot this year who are reading this thread and with more users maybe we get those 1 or 2 extra features that make old, stagnant MFL either wake the hell up or go the way of the dodo.

So we’ve officially moved from MFL to Sleeper. So far so good. I definitely miss a few little features of MFL already (silly things like the scratchpad to keep notes to myself). 

One question for the group as well as @Joe Bryant

i cant find a way to connect a Sleeper league in MyFBG. Will that site be added to your predefined list of leagues this offseason?

I highly recommend it. 
I use Fleaflicker for IDP, it's free.

So we’ve officially moved from MFL to Sleeper. So far so good. I definitely miss a few little features of MFL already (silly things like the scratchpad to keep notes to myself). 

One question for the group as well as @Joe Bryant

i cant find a way to connect a Sleeper league in MyFBG. Will that site be added to your predefined list of leagues this offseason?
Hi Joey

Right now, Sleeper isn't one that's included but I love those guys and it's something we'll look at. Thanks. 

Users who are viewing this thread