What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Woodstock 50th Anniversary Thread** - Cancelled (1 Viewer)

ShamrockPride

Footballguy
August 16th-18th at Watkins Glen. Discuss! Anyone going?

Lineup Announced

Day 1 (Friday, Aug. 16): The Killers, Miley Cyrus, Santana, The Lumineers, The Raconteurs, Robert Plant, John Fogerty, Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats, Run the Jewels, The Head and the Heart, Maggie Rogers, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Anderson East, Princess Nokia, John Sebastian

Day 2 (Saturday, Aug. 17): Dead and Company, Chance the Rapper, Black Keys, Sturgill Simpson, Greta Van Fleet, Portugal. The Man, Leon Bridges, Gary Clark Jr., Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes, Dawes, Margo Price, Country Joe and the Fish, Rival Sons, Emily King, Soccer Mommy, Taylor Bennett

Day 3 (Sunday, Aug. 18): Jay-Z, Imagine Dragons, Halsey, Cage The Elephant, Brandi Carlile, Janelle Monae, Young The Giant, Courtney Barnett, Common, Vince Staples, Judah and the Lion, Earl Sweatshirt, Boygenius, the Zombies, Canned Heat, Hot Tuna, ##### Riot, Cherry Glazerr

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the last one and it was an awful experience that I don’t ever want to do again

Seems like a bad idea to have it there.  Phish tried to have a festival there last year and the State shut them down with only about 48 hours notice due to bad water.  

Looks awful.  Not sure there is a single artist I’d pay to see

Don’t get me wrong I like a few songs buy some of them, but overall...meh

Seems like a bad idea to have it there.  Phish tried to have a festival there last year and the State shut them down with only about 48 hours notice due to bad water.  
The bad water was due to extensive rain and severe flooding that compromised the water treatment plant in Watkins Glen a few days before the festival. They didnt have enough time to truck in enough potable water. 

Not saying that couldnt happen again, I guess, but they host almost 100k there every year for the NASCAR race, so it's not like the area can't handle it.  

Read that Lang is expecting around 100k as far as attendance. 

Pretty crappy lineup here. There's gotta be probably a hundred music festivals around the country with better lineups than this. Hard to believe the 50th Woodstock can't do better. 

ETA: And when the heck did the lame #### Post Standard start charging for online access?

Pretty good lineup.  Day 2 is with Greta Van Fleet, Portugal. The Man, and Black Keys should be a blast.  Hopefully Robert Plant joins Greta Van Fleet on stage

I thought it was severe weather forecast.

ETA: Never mind, missed skipdog's reply.

I'm not very cool, but I actually like quite a few groups on this lineup.

The Raconteurs, Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats, Black Keys, Greta Van Fleet, Portugal. The Man, Rival Sons, Cage The Elephant, Judah and the Lion, Santana, The Killers. 

Bunch of groups I don't recognize which could be good or bad.

But, no way I'd be anywhere near what could very well turn into a giant mess.

I remember almost going to Woodstock 99, but something came up at work and I decided to order it on PPV instead.  I enjoyed watching it, but I'm so glad I didn't attend.  Plus I recorded the whole event in high quality and made CDs of all the performances, some which I still listen to today. 

Other than a small handful of the bands on the new card, I don't have any interest in this one.  

Originally this festival was supposed to be at Bethel Woods, which is where the original festival was held. But the venue was too small, so Mike Lange embarked on this behemoth nearly three hours away.

The original site will have Ringo Starr & His All Starr Band on Friday and Santana/Doobie Brothers on Saturday. I will likely hit one or both of those instead.

This line up can't even compete with the Blues Travlers, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Neil Young concert I went to about 25 years ago.
I went to a Sponge, Gin Blossoms, Spin Doctors and ?? Concert and I’d put that lineup against this.  Can’t remember the 4th band, maybe Counting Crows

They should finally just kill the idea - it's nothing close to the original Woodstock anyway other than the name.
I agree. All of them were nothing close. Why would you want to resurrect it after what happened in '99? The bill is as important as the fans at times. Neither the bill nor the fans seemed to make this anything close this time.

As far as reboots go, I will say that '94 and Green Day's sort of iconic moment seemed like fun, if corporate.

The closest thing to a modern Woodstock is going down this weekend with 80,000 people and incredibly well run logistics in Tennessee (Bonnaroo).

I can't see how Woodstock50 has any chance of pulling it together in this little time. Not saying it won't happen, but it will be a total gongshow if it does IMO.

I agree. All of them were nothing close. Why would you want to resurrect it after what happened in '99? The bill is as important as the fans at times. Neither the bill nor the fans seemed to make this anything close this time.
To be fair, there are some groups on the planned venue that were at the original festival. But with a few exceptions, those acts are probably tantamount to wheeling them out like Bernie in Weekend at Bernie's.

Woodstock 94 I remember watching on MTV I think and it seemed pretty cool. I was 13 at the time. Woodstock 99 had a killer lineup and massive sea of humanity. Great to watch on TV. Horrifying if you were actually there. I'm amazed no one died. 

This Woodstock 19 or 50 idea was just half assed from the start. Too many big names are not going to stick their neck out for that again. This thing never had a chance in this day and age.

Full box set of almost all performances came out on CD under the stewardship of Rhino Records. Vinyl Me, Please has an LP commemorative worth looking into. 

Fifty yrs. Just don't fit in this forever-teenaged head.

Woodstock snuck up on me. Didn't even know about until that Saturday and i was less than 50 miles away. I'd spent that July in Ireland and, when i got home, i had word that my Uncle Steve (me Ma was taken in by a family of tiny Sicilian people when she was orhpaned @ 14yo) who'd been an exercise rider @ Suffolk Downs for years, had finally gotten an offer to ride from an agent on the MA Fair Circuit and wanted me to come out. I joined him at Great Barrington Fair as soon as my folks would let me and we were having such a ball that i had no idea that the event of my generation (cept for Nam, of course) was happening just up the road until punters were telling us how hard it was getting in from Albany because of this hippie show. Too late, by then.

Watched the PBS documentary on it the other day.

I think Billy Joel was right: 'Rain, mud, B.O. and acid'

Looked unpleasant.

YMMV

Full box set of almost all performances came out on CD under the stewardship of Rhino Records. Vinyl Me, Please has an LP commemorative worth looking into. 
I'd love to get a copy of that, but I just can't pay anywhere close the price for it.  I'm sure that'd be great for a collector, though.  

Users who are viewing this thread