What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Michael Cohen Testifies Before Congress Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Just a quick thought. Be cool to each other here. This one feels like massive opportunity for people to stoop low and say way uncool things and effectively ask to not post for a bit. 

Because other people in the news are doing lame stuff doesn't mean we will lower ourselves too. That's part of personal responsibility. We can control ourselves and our tiny little bit sliver of the universe here. Please be cool. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Was I being untrue in my statement?
Did I say you were?  All I said is you're an apologist and a shill for the president even though you complain about being viewed as such.  The reason I say that is that left out the obviously important context, which is that he was previously lying on behalf of the President, and is now attempting to correct the record. Don't you think that maybe that's an important part of the narrative here?  Why did you leave it out? I have a guess!

Don't get me wrong, Cohen is a sleazeball. But everyone in the President's inner circle is a sleazeball so if we want to find out the extent of the president's criminality we have no choice but to do it via sleazeballs. That should condemn him, not exonerate him. And it's not exactly new- it's how we prosecute other organized crime bosses, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a quick thought. Be cool to each other here. This one feels like massive opportunity for people to stoop low and say way uncool things and effectively ask to not post for a bit. 

Because other people in the news are doing lame stuff doesn't mean we will lower ourselves too. That's part of personal responsibility. We can control ourselves and or tiny little bit sliver of the universe here. Please be cool. 
This is also an important moment in American history.

Michael Cohen:

"I am ashamed that I chose to take part in concealing Mr. Trump’s illicit acts rather than listening to my own conscience. I am ashamed because I know what Mr. Trump is. He is a racist. He is a conman. And he is a cheat."

Michael Cohen:

"I lied to Congress about when Mr. Trump stopped negotiating the Moscow Tower project in Russia. I stated that we stopped negotiating in January 2016. That was false – our negotiations continued for months later during the campaign."

Michael Cohen:

"To be clear: Mr. Trump knew of and directed the Trump Moscow negotiations throughout the campaign and lied about it. He lied about it because he never expected to win the election. He also lied about it because he stood to make hundreds of millions of dollars."

Because other people in the news are doing lame stuff doesn't mean we will lower ourselves too. That's part of personal responsibility. We can control ourselves and or tiny little bit sliver of the universe here. Please be cool. 
Good post. 

Michael Cohen:

"I lied to Congress about when Mr. Trump stopped negotiating the Moscow Tower project in Russia. I stated that we stopped negotiating in January 2016. That was false – our negotiations continued for months later during the campaign."

"To be clear: Mr. Trump knew of and directed the Trump Moscow negotiations throughout the campaign and lied about it. He lied about it because he never expected to win the election. He also lied about it because he stood to make hundreds of millions of dollars."

Don't get me wrong, Cohen is a sleazeball. But everyone in the President's inner circle is a sleazeball so if we want to find out the extent of the president's criminality we have no choice but to do it via sleazeballs. That should condemn him, not exonerate him. And it's not exactly new- it's how we prosecute other organized crime bosses, too.
Well said.

Cohen on Trump Tower Moscow:

"Trump had made clear to me, through his personal statements to me that we both knew were false and through his lies to the country, that he wanted me to lie. And ... because his personal attorneys reviewed my statement before I gave it to Congress."

I cant' wait to see what this guy says.  But both sides are disgusting here.  Republicans are deathly afraid of what he will say.  Democrats will believe everything negative he says about Trump.  

Imagine the shoe was on the other foot and a convicted liar (to congress) was going to spread all sorts of juicy gossip about Obama.  Would you be as excited to see it?
John Gotti and the Gambino crime family are deathly afraid of what Sammy the Bull will say. And the prosecutors are willing to believe what he says and put him on the stand. Both sides are disgusting!

Michael Cohen:

Wow...that's really hard to believe.

Michael Cohen:

"A lot of people have asked me about whether Mr. Trump knew about the release of the hacked Democratic National Committee emails ahead of time. And the answer is yes."

Michael Cohen:

"Mr. Trump is a conman. He asked me to pay off an adult film star with whom he had an affair, and to lie to his wife about it, which I did. Lying to the First Lady is one of my biggest regrets."

Reminder. This is what Trump tweeted about Cohen less than a year ago:

The New York Times and a third rate reporter named Maggie Haberman, known as a Crooked H flunkie who I don’t speak to and have nothing to do with, are going out of their way to destroy Michael Cohen and his relationship with me in the hope that he will “flip.” They use....

....non-existent “sources” and a drunk/drugged up loser who hates Michael, a fine person with a wonderful family. Michael is a businessman for his own account/lawyer who I have always liked & respected. Most people will flip if the Government lets them out of trouble, even if....

means lying or making up stories. Sorry, I don’t see Michael doing that despite the horrible Witch Hunt and the dishonest media!

Trump buys painting of himself so it can be the highest bid on item at charity function.

:lol: Most Trump thing ever
It’s even better than that. Trump gets a straw-bidder to make the bid. Trump reimbursed the bidder with money from his charity. Trump keeps the painting at displays it at one of properties. It’s literally the saddest grift I’ve ever heard of. 

Cohen:

"I am providing a copy of a $35K check that Pres. Trump personally signed from his personal bank account on Aug 1, 2017—when he was POTUS—pursuant to the cover-up, which was the basis of my guilty plea, to reimburse me ... for the illegal hush money I paid on his behalf."

David Corn‏Verified account @DavidCornDC 11m11 minutes ago

Anyone recall hearing the word "####hole" in a congressional hearing before this one? #CohenTestimony

:no:

Users who are viewing this thread