What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Michael Cohen Testifies Before Congress Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Jim Jordan responding to all the trump associates who are going to prison by saying oh yeah, when have we seen so many government officials involved in this investigation get fired. 

Wait what?  

• Laughing
Reactions: Ned
Everything Cohen is saying is exactly what the Democrats want to hear.  They don't care if it is in any way, connected to any "truth"...it is what they (and you), want to hear.
The fact that they were in contact and prepared ahead of time supports this further. 

Jim Jordan responding to all the trump associates who are going to prison by saying oh yeah, when have we seen so many government officials involved in this investigation get fired. 

Wait what?  
Hey, Comey got fired, McCabe got fired...what kind of investigation can it be when the top two guys end up getting fired by the guy they're investigating? Makes perfect sense (to 34% of the country).

Republican scumbag calls out Cohen for not keeping attorney client privilege and keeping Trump's law breaking to himself. Unbelievable.

Another Republican attacking cohen, and explicitly telling Cohen not to speak. 

They must be saving their questions for later. 

re: All the "why believe a liar" nonsense

To be fair, what else can a Trump supporter possibly say right now?

No one likes admitting they were wrong.
As they continue to support and believe Trump is what makes it all laughable.

Following this loosely, but I couldn't help but laugh out loud in my office at the R from AZ. Mispronouncing things left and right. "Liar liar pants on fire." That was an embarrassing mess. 

As they continue to support and believe Trump is what makes it all laughable.
See, I don't think they believe Trump at this point. I think they know there was some shady stuff going on, at the very least.

IMO the people here are just keeping the act going. Not going to let the liberals think they were actually right all along.

But I think they know.

I truly hope this gets some people to wake up to the real charade in this country, which is the GOP gaslighting. Such sad theatrics. Every one of these goons who pariticipates in the partisan attacks to obstruct the truth is a coward, and does a disservice to all we are supposed to stand for as a nation.
As we see on this thread, those that support Trump can’t be reached it seems

Following this loosely, but I couldn't help but laugh out loud in my office at the R from AZ. Mispronouncing things left and right. "Liar liar pants on fire." That was an embarrassing mess. 
The republican party summed up in a phrase we all learned  while in short pants.

Holy #### that was well played to call them out like that.
i agree that was powerful it was one of them telling them look where i am what are you doing i think that was one of the biggest moments of today so far take that to the bank brohans 

"Everybody's job at the Trump organization is to protect Mr. Trump.  Every day most of us knew we were coming in and we were going to lie for him on something, and that became the norm. And that's exactly what's happening right now in this country and it's exactly what's happening here in government. "

Who was going after Deutsche Bank - was that Mueller or Congress?

Makes sense in line with Cohen's statements that someone is going after Trump Org for bank fraud.

Everything Cohen is saying is exactly what the Democrats want to hear.  They don't care if it is in any way, connected to any "truth"...it is what they (and you), want to hear.
If what Cohen is saying is "not connected to any truth", why aren't the Republicans tearing apart what he is saying rather than just rehashing stuff that is already known about him and his past?  It's almost like they don't want to be in the same area code as anything he is claiming about Trump, maybe because they KNOW it's the truth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lawrence O'Donnell‏ @Lawrence 2m2 minutes ago

Jim Jordan says he's never heard of a lawyer who doesn't get paid like Lanny Davis. Maybe that's true of Republican lawyers, but my father, like thousands of lawyers, represented many clients who couldn't afford to pay him.

He's shockingly good at this.  I expected him to be a bumbling idiot, but he's quick on his feet.
Exactly my take too.  Between him calling the R's out for the silliness (that he started) and the description that all employees are there to protect Trump seemed raw and unfiltered when you watch him actually say it.

"he's a liar" is the bar?  that's what they are going with?  I am disappointed, but not all that surprised...look at their leader.  :kicksrock:  

The worst part about this whole thing is they should easily be able to poke holes in his testimony, but they don't seem to have any interest in what he's saying today.  Should be simple enough to discredit him with his own "lies" he's throwing out there today.  That's what we taught in 6th grade debate class.

You lie for your benefit...there is zero benefit for him to lie today.  Only bad things happen if he lies today.  

Book deals :lmao:

Risking more jail tome for a book deal is her position?

Cohen offered evidence that Trump overstated his finances to get loans, and deflated them to avoid taxes. That’s the definition of substance.
Yes from him...I’m talking about the sham and schiff assertion by Mr Noonan lacking any substance.

Users who are viewing this thread