What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2020 NFL Draft Class (1 Viewer)

He's been injured a lot this season but who else thinks Collin Johnson WR Texas could be a sneaky 3rd rd rookie pick this year?
I've been watching for him and I agree. I was a little bummed he went back to school, but he has been someone I am looking at for a late pick, if I can get one (traded all of mine away, only have three 1s) 

JohnnyU said:
He's been injured a lot this season but who else thinks Collin Johnson WR Texas could be a sneaky 3rd rd rookie pick this year?
He's going to be a 3rd round rookie?  I had him as top5 WR this year until I was crushed by someone pointing out to me that he was going back to school.  

He's going to be a 3rd round rookie?  I had him as top5 WR this year until I was crushed by someone pointing out to me that he was going back to school.  
Maybe late 2nd, but most likely 3rd rd.  This is a pretty deep class.  He never really lived up to expectations and was injured a lot this year, so I don't see him going before late 2nd or 3rd rd. in rookie drafts in dynasty leagues.   I wouldn't be surprised if he goes undrafted in the NFL.  Players like Anthony Johnson (univ. of Buffalo)  come to mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Walterfootball has Hubbard ahead of Taylor now. The hype for Hubbard is going to get real pretty soon. I'm not a huge fan of his, so it would be great if he turned into a combine darling 

That's great news for mid pick holders as Dobbins and/or Etienne may slip down to the mid 1st. 

Walterfootball has Hubbard ahead of Taylor now. The hype for Hubbard is going to get real pretty soon. I'm not a huge fan of his, so it would be great if he turned into a combine darling 

That's great news for mid pick holders as Dobbins and/or Etienne may slip down to the mid 1st. 
Also read Hubbard is overrated.  He isn’t a lot of help in the passing game, either as a receiver or in pass blocking.

No way Etienne gets past #5 in most non 2 qb dynasty leagues and not past #3 in non ppr  leagues. Worst case in ppr leagues is Taylor or Swift 1, 2, Jeudy or Cee Dee Lamb 3, 4.  A lot will depend on landing spots.

Yes, I really hope Hubbard rises to the top of the first.  He has the speed to be Chris Johnson, but I don't think he has the vision.  He is also weak as an all around back, I would love to see my competitors picking him ahead of Akers or Dobbins. 

Yes, I really hope Hubbard rises to the top of the first.  He has the speed to be Chris Johnson, but I don't think he has the vision.  He is also weak as an all around back, I would love to see my competitors picking him ahead of Akers or Dobbins. 
Akers is very underrated right now. Dobbins seems to be too. If you cant get Swift or Taylor these 2 are a solid pair to choose from in tier 2. I'm pretty stoked to see where they go

I know Johnny and I disagree on Etienne... I just dont see him with standalone value as the others. He has limited abilities and needs to go to the perfect landing spot. These 4 (and Moss IMO) are potential feature backs no matter where they go

Even before the Tua injury, I had a funny sense that the way things were playing out from a QB draft perspective. 

Burrow is sneaking up... He sees the Bengals aiming their draft pick at Tua.   Burrow runs up and dives in front of Tua, going 1.01 and saving Tua from being drafted by the Bengals and letting him slide to a better organization.  Tua loses draft capital but gains dynasty value because you aren't worried about the difficulty to succeed in a bad organization. 

Akers is very underrated right now. Dobbins seems to be too. If you cant get Swift or Taylor these 2 are a solid pair to choose from in tier 2. I'm pretty stoked to see where they go

I know Johnny and I disagree on Etienne... I just dont see him with standalone value as the others. He has limited abilities and needs to go to the perfect landing spot. These 4 (and Moss IMO) are potential feature backs no matter where they go
I don't like Ettiene at all, but I agree with JohnnyU that others probably will and he will be drafted high. I won't be drafting him there, but I bet that he goes ahead of Jeudy and Lamb in some leagues. 

It's always great to have Etienne and Hubbard types who allow the guys you really like to fall to you.  Like Samaje Perine helping Kamara fall. 😂

I can't see any way that the top four includes someone other than Swift/Taylor/Jeudy/Lamb.
Jeudy goes to the Jags and Lamb goes to Buffalo.  :)

Ettiene goes to the Cheifs. 

That probably won't happen... Basically just mean landing spots would definitely be a way to shake up that top 4. 

Or a bad combine. 

It's always great to have Etienne and Hubbard types who allow the guys you really like to fall to you.  Like Samaje Perine helping Kamara fall. 😂
I agree. With Thursday resulting in some good stats to my opponent, and Kyler being banged up, I am likely missing the playoffs after a soon to be 5 game losing streak. This would give me 1.2, 1.3, 1.6, and the likely favorite to win the consolation and 1.13. If Etienne or Hubbard can go 4 or 5 then that puts me in a prime spot at 6 for Akers or Dobbins.

Would be great if Hubbard had a Jacobs-like ascension to the top :)

Last year many people would have said there was no way AJ Brown wouldn't be a top 3 pick...

Destination is everything. If Jeudy or Lamb went to Washington I would imagine their value would tank similar to how AJ Brown's did
Or if Ruggs and Shenault go to great destinations.  Ruggs to Philly and Shenault to Green Bay...?

Lynn Bowden jr. is a nice sleeper.  Forced to play QB after UK lost their starter and backup.  He has rushed for over a thousand this year and has rushed for 284 yds today against Louisville at the QB position.  UK has rushed for 517 yds so far today.  By the way he’s also their leading receiver, which is what he’s played for most of his college career and the position he will play in the NFL.

IMO Dobbins will go before Etienne 
I own Dobbins in two Devy leagues and I disagree, but he could if he lands in a good situation and Etienne doesn’t.  However I do remember everyone labeling Dobbins a bust last year.

I can see the RB rankings moving around a bit based on landing spot, mainly because the guys at the very top seem close imo. 

At WR I’ll be less affected by situation in my own evaluations. I think Jeudy and Lamb are true blue chip guys and things change too fast in the NFL to come off a really high evaluation of a player, esp at a longer term position like WR. I don’t have the same kind of conviction on any of the RBs in this class 

Enlighten me.
Offensive line play in the NFL is almost universally terrible. It's affecting QB, RB, and WR play.

If you're looking for a RB to go to a team with a good offensive line you're threading a needle.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/09/13/the-nfl-has-an-offensive-line-crisis/

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2463172-lack-of-offensive-line-development-in-nfl-falls-on-league-coaches

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/offensive-linemen-are-no-longer--safe-picks-

Users who are viewing this thread