What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2020 NFL Draft Class (6 Viewers)

When was the last time the top 4 rookie RBs all performed well?! We could redraft them for dynasty now and a good argument could be made for any one of them to be taken first.

Dobbins owner and former owner of TRichardson.  🤮

When was the last time the top 4 rookie RBs all performed well?! We could redraft them for dynasty now and a good argument could be made for any one of them to be taken first.

Dobbins owner and former owner of TRichardson.  🤮
You’re not wrong, kind of weird for almost an entire class to hit at the top. 

If I were to pick 1 to “bust” it would be CEH. I don’t think that’ll happen but I think his role will take this year to form, at that point his other role might have been replaced. 

2017 was close, they did not quite perform as well as this group but close. What is very similar about the 2020 and 2017 RB class is two other things.

Both drafts saw later rookie RB's hit and hit big. Hunt and Kamara in 2017, Gibson and Robinson in 2020.  Some other hits from 2017 later but none that got in top of the group discussion.

The other big thing that is similar relates to your last line. After the 2017 season opinions were pretty split on who was the top RB from that draft but almost no one was saying CMC. I'm ashamed to say I think I had him ranked 6th after his rookie season about this time of year and that was not crazy to put him behind Kamara, Mixon, Fournette, Cook and Hunt at that time. (I'd just add I did buy into Norv's increased usage talk around August preceding CMC's rookie season but I mean at about this time in 2018 I put CMC 6th-I'll own that).  But I recall I struggled with ranking them, was not easy calls.

You say redrafting the 2020 RB's would lead to a good argument and I can't even agree with myself. In fact it did remind me of trying to sort them out after 2017, just deep and talented and learning from CMC to some extent not trying to get to carried away with just how they did this past season.

Swift- top 10 RB after bye week. Dan Campbell and Saints system might be a boon, already talking of putting him in slot. He's got Kamara upside.

Akers- could be McVay's new Gurley

Taylor-I assume he'd win 1.1 voting right now among consensus.

Dobbins-closed year strong, shook Ingram

Robinson-best one for most of the season, gets Trevor.

CEH-he was my 1.1 in drafts, remembering how unspectacular CMC looked his rookie season might be a good lesson for people to remember here.

I own all of them except Akers and Taylor and I have hard time ranking them. I think it's easier for me to say who I have last then who I have first.

IMO the 2020 RB class is on par with how good the 2017 RB class looked after year one(keeping in mind players like Conner were not held in any regard). I would also say the 2020 WR class was on par with the 2014 WR class after year one. This is why I've said a few times on these boards we just witnessed the best rookie class in at least the almost 10 years I've been playing dynasty. If you loaded up on #1 picks and high to mid seconds last year I bet your team is looking pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gibson should be in the conversation for the top as well. I don't think there is any argument against Taylor at 1.01 at this point. Swift, Gibson, Akers and Robinson next, and it is close. Then Dobbins and CEH close behind them. 

CEH at 6 out of those seems crazy, but those other guys look great right now too. That’s 6 dynasty rb1 or 2s. If I could buy low on CEH, I definitely would. 

Akers > Gibson 

I have CEH either 6 or 7. I don't think I need to decide exactly where because from the beginning I have been consistently lower on CEH than the consensus. No matter where I put him someone(s) will value him more and that's all that really matters in valuation. 

Akers > Gibson 

I have CEH either 6 or 7. I don't think I need to decide exactly where because from the beginning I have been consistently lower on CEH than the consensus. No matter where I put him someone(s) will value him more and that's all that really matters in valuation. 
I was very high on CEH going into the year and took him 1.1 in our rookie draft (without thinking twice)...it was very frustrating watching him this year (to a point I just traded him a few weeks ago)...my issue was how he was used...when he was drafted I fully expected him to be Brian Westbrook 2.0 and that was not the case...instead of being put in space and getting creative with him, too often they were running him between the tackles...if that is what they were looking for they 100% should have drafted Taylor who would have been a far better fit...in full disclosure how he was used was the last thing on my radar when they took him as they are such a creative offense...maybe they rethink how they use him next year and if they do his value could skyrocket but if they don't they will not get the most out of him.

DI JAVON KINLAW, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

Round (Selection): 1 (14th)

What went wrong in 2020: Kinlaw was unproductive, plain and simple. He lacked consistency both in run defense (46.9 grade) and pass rushing (58.0 grade), leading to an overall PFF grade that ranked 85th among 111 qualifying interior defensive linemen (54.1). 
This is why I have a really hard time buying into PFF. They are the only place I've seen saying this. 

Oh, and bold call on Burrow breaking out. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread