What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2020 NFL Draft Class (2 Viewers)

Faust

MVP
The draft class for 2019 is now set with the passing of the deadline earlier this week for underclassmen to declare. The Shark Pool can now turn our focus to the discussion centering on the player prospects for the 2020 NFL Draft Class within this thread.

Directory of player threads:

Dynasty: QB Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama

Dynasty: QB Joe Burrow, LSU

QB Jordan Love

QB Jalen Hurts

Dynasty: QB Justin Herbert, Oregon

Dynasty: RB Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin

Dynasty: RB D’Andre Swift, Georgia

Dynasty: J.K. Dobbins, Ohio State

Devy & Redraft: Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Cam Akers

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Zack Moss, Utah

Dynasty: Anthony McFarland Jr. - RB Maryland

Dynasty: Javon Leake - RB Maryland (the other one)

Dynasty: RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn, Vanderbilt

Dynasty: RB A.J. Dillon, Boston College

Joshua Kelley RB - UCLA

Dynasty: WR Jerry Jeudy, Alabama

Tyler Johnson WR Gophers

Oklahoma's CeeDee Lamb aka the next Hopkins

Dynasty: WR Tee Higgins, Clemson

Dynasty: WR Jalen Reagor, TCU

Dynasty: WR Laviska Shenault Jr. - Colorado Buffaloes

Dynasty & Redraft Antonio Gandy-Golden (6’4/220), WR Liberty

Dynasty: WR Henry Ruggs III, Alabama

Lynn Bowden Jr WR Kentucky

Dynasty: Denzel Mims - WR

Dynasty: Gabriel Davis - WR

Dynasty: Bryan Edwards - WR SC

Dynasty: WR Justin Jefferson, LSU

Dynasty: Brandon "Condor" Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State

Dynasty: WR Donovan Peoples-Jones, Michigan

Dynasty: WR/TE Chase Claypool, Notre Dame

Dynasty: WR Isaiah Hodgins, Oregon State

Dynasty: WR Michael Pittman Jr, USC

Lynn Bowden Jr WR Kentucky

***2019 Dynasty/Devy Watch: TE Albert Okweugbunam, Missouri****

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for starting this thread Faust!

There will be a lot of hype for this class so I'm sure you will have no problem finding info to post.

Here is a few in no particular order.  Looks like RB will be strongest next year.  I can't say I'm excited about the WRs, but I'm sure I missed some gems.  I did this in a rush.

RBs

------------------------

Jonathan Taylor - Wisconsin

J K Dobbins - OSU

Cam Akers - Florida St.

DeAndre Swift - Georgia

NaJee Harris - Alabama

Malik Davis - Florida

A J Dillon - Boston College

Travis Etienne - Clemson 

Trey Sermon - Oklahoma

Zach Moss - Utah - some medical issues?

WRs

--------------------------

Bryan Edwards - South Carolina

Donovan Peoples-Jones - Michigan

Collin Johnson - Texas

Jerry Jeudy - Alabama

Tee Higgins - Clemson

Tyrie Cleveland - Florida

Demetris Robertson - Georgia

Tarik Black - Michigan

Henry Ruggs II - Alabama

CeeDee Lamb, Oklahoma

Tylan Wallace, Oklahoma State

Laviska Shenault, Colorado

Tyler Johnson - Minnesota 

TE

------------------

Albert Okwuegbunam - Missouri 

QBs

---------------------------

Justin Herbert - Oregon

Jarrett Stidham - Auburn

Jake Fromm - Georgia

Tua Tagovailoa - Alabama

Jalen Hurts - Oklahoma

JohnnyU said:
Here is a few in no particular order.

RBs

------------------------

Jonathan Taylor - Wisconsin

J K Dobbins - OSU

Cam Akers - Florida St.

DeAndre Swift - Georgia

NaJee Harris - Alabama

Malik Davis - Florida

A J Dillon - Boston College

WRs

Bryan Edwards - South Carolina

Donovan Peoples-Jones - Michigan

Collin Johnson - Texas

Jerry Jeudy - Alabama

Tee Higgins - Clemson

Ahmmon Richards - Miami

Tyrie Cleveland - Florida

Demetris Robertson - Georgia

Tarik Black - Michigan

Henry Ruggs - Alabama

TE

------------------

Caleb Wilson - UCLA

Albert Okwuegbunam - Missouri 

QBs

---------------------------

Justin Herbert - Oregon

Jarrett Stidham - Auburn

Jake Fromm - Georgia
Good list. A few others you can add:

RB Travis Etienne - Clemson

RB Trey Sermon - Oklahoma

WR Laviska Shenault - Colorado

WR CeeDee Lamb - Oklahoma 

WR Tyler Johnson - Minnesota 

Good list but I think Wilson the TE out of UCLA declared this year?

On an unrelated note and a dumb one at that I'm in 2022 season in Madden and some of these players are tearing it up. At some point that stuff starts screwing with your mind.

Good list but I think Wilson the TE out of UCLA declared this year?

On an unrelated note and a dumb one at that I'm in 2022 season in Madden and some of these players are tearing it up. At some point that stuff starts screwing with your mind.
Thanks, I removed Wilson after looking it up.  I guess I'll need to find some more TEs for next year.

Hey guys, I'm having a hard time finding 2020 TEs.  Walter football has some, but several are declared for this year.

When asked why he returned for his senior season, Utah senior RB Zack Moss said he wants to "be one of the best players to ever walk through this university."

Moss (5'10/215) was considered a Day 2 candidate in the 2019 NFL Draft, so it was a little surprising to see him return to Utah. Moss is doing so to stay true to his goal of being the best of all time, and he believes he only has a chance to do so by staying at school for all four years. As a junior, Moss averaged 6.1 yards on his 179 carries (1,092 yards) and scored 11 touchdowns.

Source: KSL.com 

Jan 18 - 7:32 PM

When asked why he returned for his senior season, Utah senior RB Zack Moss said he wants to "be one of the best players to ever walk through this university."

Moss (5'10/215) was considered a Day 2 candidate in the 2019 NFL Draft, so it was a little surprising to see him return to Utah. Moss is doing so to stay true to his goal of being the best of all time, and he believes he only has a chance to do so by staying at school for all four years. As a junior, Moss averaged 6.1 yards on his 179 carries (1,092 yards) and scored 11 touchdowns.

Source: KSL.com 
I saw that Zack Moss had some medical issues on draftscout.com .

JohnnyU said:
Here is a few in no particular order.  Looks like RB will be strongest next year.  I can't say I'm excited about the WRs, but I'm sure I missed some gems.  I did this in a rush.

WRs

Ahmmon Richards - Miami
He's never playing again. Seems to be a Sterling Sharpe type injury. Too risky even in today's NFL.

He's never playing again. Seems to be a Sterling Sharpe type injury. Too risky even in today's NFL.
Hadn't heard that he wasn't playing again.  Should I google it, or do you have a link that could save me some time?

Laviska Shenault is the truth. The RBs are getting all the shine in this 2020 class, but there are some good WRs too. Shenault might be the best of them. Was stoked he fell to me in a recent devy draft, might start a thread for him later. 

you are a homer.....
The games I have seen Swift play I have not been overly impressed with anything special or generational. Things could change in 2019 I suppose. I'm not planning on having pick 1.1. The guy who will end up with that pick won't trade it to me unfortunately. Best I will be able to do is top 3... working on that one right now. 

The games I have seen Swift play I have not been overly impressed with anything special or generational. Things could change in 2019 I suppose. I'm not planning on having pick 1.1. The guy who will end up with that pick won't trade it to me unfortunately. Best I will be able to do is top 3... working on that one right now. 
Question, are you one of those owners that trade for a lot of picks every year, even at the expense of jeopardizing a good roster?  Just curious.  I play in leagues where some owners get more enjoyment out of the draft than actually winning the league.

Question, are you one of those owners that trade for a lot of picks every year, even at the expense of jeopardizing a good roster?  Just curious.  I play in leagues where some owners get more enjoyment out of the draft than actually winning the league.
For my main league I took over an orphan team that finished last in 2017. The team was a disaster, so I blew it up and landed myself 3 1sts in 2018, 5 in 2019. I traded 2 2019s away in deals to land 2 2020 picks. Partly because I don't have roster space and because I don't want to invest in one draft class- 2019 has some good players but 2020 seems to have exceptional talent. At the very least I could trade the picks for players next year.

To get the picks in 2018 I traded OBJ away. To get my picks in 2019 I traded Stafford/Hines for 1, a deal with Jordan Howard for another, a deal with Tevin Coleman for a 3rd, Amari Cooper in a deal involving a 1st, and Alex Collins for a 1, 2, 3 in 2019.

Looking at the guys I gave up, no I'd say I did not sacrifice my roster. I finished 5th overall after this team took last in 2017, second last in 2016.

For my main league I took over an orphan team that finished last in 2017. The team was a disaster, so I blew it up and landed myself 3 1sts in 2018, 5 in 2019. I traded 2 2019s away in deals to land 2 2020 picks. Partly because I don't have roster space and because I don't want to invest in one draft class- 2019 has some good players but 2020 seems to have exceptional talent. At the very least I could trade the picks for players next year.

To get the picks in 2018 I traded OBJ away. To get my picks in 2019 I traded Stafford/Hines for 1, a deal with Jordan Howard for another, a deal with Tevin Coleman for a 3rd, Amari Cooper in a deal involving a 1st, and Alex Collins for a 1, 2, 3 in 2019.

Looking at the guys I gave up, no I'd say I did not sacrifice my roster. I finished 5th overall after this team took last in 2017, second last in 2016.
Why trade OBJ? 

Why trade OBJ? 
because i had literally nobody else on my team. it netted me engram, 3 first rounders, a 2nd rounder, and cooper who i flipped for a 1st. also, i have owned him in the past...

1. He's a headcase I wanted no part of
2. I was uncertain what his contract situation was going to be
3. His future QB is uncertain
4. More mouths to feed in NY
5. I had no one else who was going to net me the picks it netted me.

The team that I traded OBJ to finished 9th, so I don't think it worked out too well for him. Several OBJ owners swearing him off in his thread to end the season. Glad I did. It does leave me a little light at WR, which is why I am hoping to nail this draft since it is rich with WR talent. I'm not likely a winner this year. I think my division is within reach, and possibly a top 3 finish. 2 teams in my league are just stacked for 2019 but beyond is a little hazy.

Pro Football Focus gave Michigan senior QB Shea Patterson a higher 2018 grade than Ohio State QB Dwayne Haskins.

We aren't sure how this is possible since Haskins threw for 4,831 yards and 50 touchdowns while Patterson totaled 2,600 passing yards and 22 touchdowns. Regardless, this shows that there is promise for Patterson in regards to his eventual NFL future. The Wolverines quarterback opted to stay for his senior season with the plan to improve his draft stock, and he should do so with another offseason to fix up his issues. Meanwhile, Haskins is expected to be a top-10 selection in the 2019 NFL Draft.

Source: PFF College on Twitter 

Feb 11 - 5:30 PM

A video shows Oklahoma QB Jalen Hurts squatting 585 pounds.

That is really throwing weight around, especially as a quarterback. But we already knew that Hurts (6'2/218) is an athletic freak, so this isn't breaking news. However, it's a reminder that Hurts has upside in college fantasy football as a runner and as a developing passer. In limited action in 2018, Hurts looked improved with his passing mechanics and he'll always have the ability to pick up free yards with his strong legs. While we can't expect Baker Mayfield nor Kyler Murray-type seasons, Hurts should provide the Sooners with another high-end offense.

SOURCE: Oklahoma Football on Twitter

Feb 14, 2019, 4:49 PM

Users who are viewing this thread