Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

[Dynasty] 2020 NFL Draft Prospects

3 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

I know mocks are worthless.but I find it interesting that 2019 was criticized as a bad draft class because it had 1 first round rb, but many of these mocks show 1 to none for 2020. people are still excited though. 

2020 will be better than 2019, but just something I found interesting. 

I'm super pumped for Jeudy. As long as he doesnt go 1.1 I should land him in my two main leagues (although I dont need a wr very badly on either team) 

Which mocks say none to 1?  Every mock I see has 2 top 5 QBs. 

On 10/27/2019 at 10:17 AM, Faust said:

LOL at the headline.  No, he hasn't. He's not even the best prospect in the past few years, let alone a generation. 

That term is very annoyingly overused.  Generational talent best describes players like Cam Newton or Calvin Johnson who have a unique set of physical charectistics that are so rare we see it once a generation at best.  Chase Young is just really good.  He's not even better than Nick Bosa though, which should be fairly obvious given the two were teammates last year.  Miles Garrett was a better physical specimen and overall better prospect than Young.  /rant

Edited by kittenmittens
  • Like 1

Boston College junior RB A.J. Dillon rushed for 242 yards and three touchdowns on 35 carries in Saturday's 58-27 win over Syracuse.

Oh boy. Dillon was an absolute monster on Saturday, averaging 6.9 YPC with a long run of 51 yards. That long run ended up going for a touchdown in the second quarter, as the junior was able to sprint through a wide open lane without getting touched on his way to glory. He followed it up with short touchdown runs in the third and fourth quarter. This was Dillon's second game over 200 yards rushing in his last three contests and his sixth game over 100 yards rushing in nine total games. Overall, he has rushed for 1,286 yards and 13 touchdowns. Florida State shows next on BC's schedule.

Nov 2, 2019, 3:23 PM ET

6 hours ago, kittenmittens said:

Which mocks say none to 1?  Every mock I see has 2 top 5 QBs. 

running backs

• Thanks 1

Mississippi State junior RB Kylin Hill rushed for 234 yards and three touchdowns on 21 carries in Saturday's 54-24 win over Arkansas.

Hill (5'11/215) scored all three of his touchdowns in the first half, all on relatively short runs. His 234 yards rushing were good for a career-high and the junior averaged a spicy 11.1 YPC on the afternoon. Hill has been nothing short of brilliant this season, with Saturday's effort marking his sixth showing of at least 100 yards rushing in nine games. He'd best rest up over the coming bye week, as Alabama will come calling in Starkville on Nov. 16.

Nov 2, 2019, 7:37 PM ET

TCU junior WR Jalen Reagor caught seven passes for 128 yards in Saturday's 34-27 loss to Oklahoma State.

Reagor (5'11/195) tried and tried to keep the Horned Frogs in this one, but it did not prove to be enough in the end. Whether it was explosive plays, like his team-best 37-yard grab, or working underneath to move the chains, Reagor was a presence all over the field for TCU. Reagor, a top NFL prospect heading into the year, needed this game to help salvage his draft stock, being that it was his first 100-yard game of the year. TCU will face Baylor next week.

Nov 2, 2019, 7:30 PM ET

Oklahoma State redshirt sophomore RB Chuba Hubbard ran 20 times for 223 yards and two touchdowns in Saturday's 34-27 win over TCU.

Hubbard (6'1/207) may not end up winning the Heisman, but performances like these should cement his status as a finalist. Hubbard ran all up and down the TCU defense, quite literally doing so on a 92-yard sprint past the entire Horned Frogs defense. This is Hubbard’s fourth game with over 200 rushing yards and his sixth game with multiple rushing scores. With star WR Tylan Wallace being announced before today’s game to be out for the season, this was a perfect time for Hubbard to show up the way he did. Oklahoma State get a bye week before facing Kansas on Nov. 16.

Nov 2, 2019, 7:17 PM ET

Clemson junior WR Tee Higgins hauled in five passes for 74 yards with a touchdown in a 59-14 blowout win over Wofford on Saturday.

Higgins only needed a half to put up his numbers. His touchdown came with 8:02 left in the second quarter; a 22-yard connection with Trevor Lawrence that gave the Tigers a 35-0 lead over the FCS opponent. The five receptions are actually the most the talented junior has had since September 28 when the 6-foot-4, 215-pound playmaker hauled in six passes in the close win over the Tar Heels. We expect he'll be just as involved -- if not more -- next Saturday against NC State.

Nov 2, 2019, 7:13 PM ET

Washington redshirt junior QB Jacob Eason completed 29-of-52 passes for 316 yards and four touchdowns with two interceptions in a 33-28 loss to Utah on Saturday.

We could write a Russian novel about Eason's game. There was so much good from the 6-foot-6, 227-pound gunslinger, and so much bad. Unfortunately for Eason and the Huskies, the bad far outweighed the good in the second half. He found Hunter Bryant for two of the four scores, and he also slung in scores to Jordan Chin and Aaron Fuller. One of his interceptions was a pick six while the other ended a scoring drive, and he also lost a fumble. All three mistakes were what we like to call "silly." Washington is a very disappointing 5-4, and they'll take on Oregon State on Friday night in Corvallis.

Nov 2, 2019, 7:26 PM ET

Washington junior TE Hunter Bryant snagged six passes for 97 yards and two touchdowns in a 33-28 loss to Utah on Saturday.

Bryant (6'2/239) had his best game of the season for the Huskies in a game where they needed it. It just wasn't enough. He scored a 40-yard touchdown on a beautiful throw from Jacob Eason in the second quarter, and he did most of the work on a 34-yard trip to the end zone a quarter later. When Bryant is healthy, he does things very few tight ends can do. He has a chance for another big game on Friday against Oregon State.

Nov 2, 2019, 7:27 PM ET

Oregon redshirt senior WR Juwan Johnson brought in seven passes for 106 yards and three scores in Saturday's 56-24 win over USC.

QB Justin Herbert had a favorite target on Saturday night, if that wasn't obvious. Johnson (6'4/231) was not healthy for the first couple months of the year, but has only gotten better in each of his three performances this season. Crazy as it sounds, Johnson's three touchdowns in that game propel him straight to third on the team in receiving touchdowns already, trailing only TE Jacob Breeland and WR Jaylon Redd. Expect Johnson to be a big part of Oregon's passing plans for the rest of the year.

Nov 3, 2019, 12:09 AM ET

Oregon senior QB Justin Herbert completed 21-of-26 passes for 225 yards, three touchdowns and an interception while adding a rushing touchdown in Saturday's 56-24 win over USC.

Herbert (6'6/223) completed more than 80% of his passes and was near-perfect in his execution against USC. Even the lone interception on Herbert's scorecard was seemingly not his fault as a wide receiver stopped short of their landmark on an inside-breaking route, leaving the ball to fall right to a defender. Other than that, Herbert picked apart USC's defense with ease. Herbert now has 24 touchdowns to just two interceptions on the season. Oregon will face Arizona in two weeks.

Nov 2, 2019, 11:56 PM ET

ryan wilson @ryanwilsonCBS

Justin Herbert's been wholly underwhelming for most of this season. He's not a top-15 pick and he shouldn't be a 1st-rounder at this rate. If you're this inconsistent behind one of the best O-lines in college, how are you going to magically improve on an NFL team that went 4-12.

Edited by Faust

Memphis senior WR Antonio Gibson caught six passes for 130 yards and a touchdown while rushing three times for 97 yards and a touchdown in addition to returning a kick for a touchdown in Saturday's 54-48 win over SMU.

Gibson (6'2/220) made history on national television on Saturday night. With 386 all-purpose yards, Gibson solidified a new Memphis record for all-purpose yards in a game. All three of Gibson’s touchdowns were improbable and electric, especially the rushing touchdown. Not only is it improbable for a wide receiver to run in a touchdown of any kind, but Gibson was being group tackled by a handful of SMU defenders before miraculously spinning out of it and accelerating another 50 or so yards to the end zone. Explosive, multi-faceted performances of this magnitude are rare.

SOURCE: Eric Edholm on Twitter

Nov 2, 2019, 11:41 PM ET

Memphis senior WR Damonte Coxie brought in seven passes for 143 yards and two touchdowns in Saturday's 54-48 win over SMU.

Antonio Gibson was stole the spotlight with his trio of unique touchdowns, but Coxie (6'3/197) had a stellar night as well. Against Memphis’ toughest conference opponent, Coxie showed up with just his third 100-yard game of the year. It was also his first game this year with multiple scores. If the production isn’t enough to convince one of Coxie’s performance, perhaps his acrobatic one-handed catch on an overthrown go ball would do the trick. Coxie and the Tigers get a bye before facing Houston on Nov. 16.

Nov 2, 2019, 11:47 PM ET

Oregon State junior WR Isaiah Hodgins caught seven passes for 150 yards and two touchdowns in Saturday's 56-38 win over Arizona.

Now eight games into the season, Hodgins has scored at least once in all but one game this season. Hodgins' second score in this one was on a corner route off a play-action concept wherein he worked himself wide open for an easy pitch-and-catch to get the Beavers out to a 49-31 lead midway through the fourth quarter. If Oregon State are going to claw their way into a bowl game this year, it will be off the back of Hodgins being one of the best, most well-rounded receivers in the country. Oregon State will face Washington in two weeks.

Nov 2, 2019, 8:39 PM ET

On 10/30/2019 at 1:02 PM, BigTex said:

So far I have picks 1.1-1.5 and 1.10, 2.1, 2.8, 2.10, 3.1, and 3.8.

Pig in slop!

Tex

I'm not in your league yet 😄. I did, however, join the 5 first rounders club yesterday in a rebuild. Is there a decoder ring? Do we have cookies?

Right now I have picks 1-3 and then one mid first and one late first (16 team league) but those top picks might change a bit down the stretch.

The guy I remain the most excited about in this class is Jeudy, and the WRs in general (I have Lamb as 1b to Jeudy's 1a). I play in ppr leagues so I typically try to build around WR given their relative longevity and the fact that my league mates value WRs highly in trades. 

@Dr. Dan makes a good point about the number of projected RBs in the first round of the NFL Draft. I have a feeling that position will sort even more than WR and QB around landing spot.

Also, I'm lighting a candle every night to start the "please don't draft Jeudy, Buffalo Bills" vigil. 

35 minutes ago, DAG said:

@Dr. Dan makes a good point about the number of projected RBs in the first round of the NFL Draft. I have a feeling that position will sort even more than WR and QB around landing spot.

Also, I'm lighting a candle every night to start the "please don't draft Jeudy, Buffalo Bills" vigil. 

I made a post a while ago highlighting the number of RBs in this draft amd teams that need to spend an early pick on a rb. There is more supply than demand right now. IMO some talented RBs will drop.

As far as Jeudy goes... I'm not sure I like a lot of the projected landing spots thus far except NYG or NYJ

Utah State redshirt junior QB Jordan Love completed 29-of-49 passes for 394 yards, one touchdown and three interceptions in Saturday's 42-14 loss against BYU.

Love (6'4/220) was passing frequently, especially in the second half. The Aggies were in an early hole, abandoning the run with Love was slinging it to get back into the game. That was great news for Love and his fantasy owners, although the three picks and just one score certainly weren't great news. The Aggies will look for better results across the board when they travel to Fresno State next Saturday.

Nov 3, 2019, 2:08 AM ET

Utah State senior RB Gerold Bright rushed 12 times for 66 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 42-14 loss against BYU.

Bright (5'10/190) also had four receptions for 54 yards and a lost fumble. It was his second time going over 100 total scrimmage yards in a single game this season. He has posted three rushing scores over the past three games. Next up for the Aggies is a trip the Valley to tangle with Fresno State on Saturday.

Nov 3, 2019, 2:06 AM ET

South Carolina senior WR Bryan Edwards caught 14 passes for 139 yards and a touchdown in a 24-7 victory over Vanderbilt this Saturday.

Edwards (6'3/215) tied the school record for receptions in a game with 14. He has been a force for the Gamecocks offense, catching at least six passes in each of his last seven games as he has put together an impressive resume' for NFL teams when draft time rolls around next year. Edwards had developed an instant chemistry with QB Ryan Hilinski and will look to keep racking up catches next week when South Carolina hosts Appalachian State.

Nov 3, 2019, 1:33 AM ET

Colorado junior WR Laviska Shenault posted three receptions for 16 yards in Saturday's 31-14 loss at UCLA, while running once for 15 yards.

Shenault (6'2/224) was not on the field for several offensive series in the first half, and he didn't have many touches. There was no indication he was hurt, and he was on the sidelines. He suffered a core muscle injury earlier in the season against Arizona State, and finally looked 100 percent healthy last week against USC. His next opportunity to add to his stat line will be Saturday against visiting Stanford.

Nov 3, 2019, 12:29 AM ET

PREVIOUSNEXT

On 11/2/2019 at 9:36 AM, Faust said:

USC senior WR Michael Pittman hauled in eight passes for 37 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 56-24 loss to Oregon.

Pittman's score line is more fit for a running back than a wide receiver. USC's passing offense was held to a number of short gains, many of which were Pittman's touches. Pittman (6'4/220) did score a touchdown late in the second half when the game was seemingly competitive, but he was shutout in the second half when Oregon woke up on both sides of the ball.

Nov 3, 2019, 12:21 AM ET

2 hours ago, DAG said:

I'm not in your league yet 😄. I did, however, join the 5 first rounders club yesterday in a rebuild. Is there a decoder ring? Do we have cookies?

Right now I have picks 1-3 and then one mid first and one late first (16 team league) but those top picks might change a bit down the stretch.

The guy I remain the most excited about in this class is Jeudy, and the WRs in general (I have Lamb as 1b to Jeudy's 1a). I play in ppr leagues so I typically try to build around WR given their relative longevity and the fact that my league mates value WRs highly in trades. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

I made a post a while ago highlighting the number of RBs in this draft amd teams that need to spend an early pick on a rb. There is more supply than demand right now. IMO some talented RBs will drop.

As far as Jeudy goes... I'm not sure I like a lot of the projected landing spots thus far except NYG or NYJ

Yall passing on Jeudy if he lands in Buffalo?

Utah senior RB Zack Moss carried the ball 27 times for 100 yards and a touchdown and caught five passes for 41 yards and a score in a 33-28 win over Washington on Saturday.

The Huskies were clearly trying to take Moss out of this game by putting players in the box, and for the most part, they did. But you can only keep a player this talented from making plays for so long. His first score was a nine-yard swing pass from Tyler Huntley where he just ran through a Washington tackler, and his rushing score was a two-yard plunge where he ran through a few more. As long as Moss is healthy, there are no more than a handful of tailbacks better. He gets a week of rest before taking on UCLA in two Saturdays.

Nov 2, 2019, 7:24 PM ET

On 11/2/2019 at 1:13 AM, Faust said:

Florida State junior RB Cam Akers carried the ball 22 times for 66 yards, caught three passes for 23 yards and a touchdown, and completed two passes for 24 yards in a 27-10 loss to Miami on Saturday.

Akers was able to do a little bit of everything, and he worked hard to pick up these yardage totals; Florida State's offensive line gave him almost no room to operate in the loss to the Hurricanes. The touchdown was an 18-yard catch-and-run from Alex Hornibrook that briefly got the Seminoles back in the game at 17-10 with 10:31 left in the third quarter. FLorida State wouldn't score the rest of the game. Akers (5'11/212) will hope for more room to operate next Saturday against Boston College.

Nov 2, 2019, 7:08 PM ET

1 hour ago, metoo said:

Honestly, I’d probably still take him unless Lamb lands in a spot that evens up their value; I already have them fairly close together. This is a long game and I’m looking at production over career. I think Jeudy is good enough to take even if he goes to a limiting situation short term. I also think the Bills have a pretty good organization in place so Allen isn’t the decisive factor he might be otherwise for me. Still lighting candles though. 

1 hour ago, metoo said:

No, I would take talent over situation in that case. just would be disappointed. 

In my main 2 dynasty leaguesnchances are I hold 2 of the top 3 picks in each, so I wouldn't let him get past 1.3

• Like 1

3 hours ago, metoo said:

Is buffalo really that bad...sure the past couple years have been bad but Allen has looked fairly solid so they might have a long term QB now. Beasley and John brown have had some decent games so sure it sounds like a bad spot because of history but that can change just fine

On 11/3/2019 at 2:24 PM, Bfrahm3 said:

Is buffalo really that bad...sure the past couple years have been bad but Allen has looked fairly solid so they might have a long term QB now. Beasley and John brown have had some decent games so sure it sounds like a bad spot because of history but that can change just fine

I said a bit about this above but I think you’re right; it’s not as bad a situation as it’s been in the recent past. It’s pretty rare (at least for the cases that come to mind) for a WR projected to go in the top 5 like Jeudy to land in a good offense. Julio-type situations are the exception. In that same draft AJG seems more the norm (or Calvin to a bad QB situation in DET early on etc). I’m hoping for something more like the Giants bc Jones/Barkley plus Engram is a pretty solid situation. But I’m probably betting on Jeudy wherever. 

Edited by DAG

Arizona State senior WR Brandon Aiyuk leads all active FBS WRs in yards after the catch, according to Pro Football Focus.

Technically Oklahoma State's Tylan Wallace has the most yards after catch in the country, but he is now out for the season. Aiyuk, with 508 yards after the catch, trails just behind him. Aiyuk (6'1/198) has exploded in his senior season, doing an exceptional job of taking over the primary receiver responsibilities that N'Keal Harry left behind when he went to the NFL. Expect to see more of Aiyuk through the post-season NFL draft circuit.

SOURCE: Cam Mellor on Twitter

Nov 4, 2019, 8:14 PM ET

Below is the update heading into Week 10 of the 2019 NFL season.

Cincinnati Bengals (0-8)

Washington Redskins (1-8)

New York Jets (1-7)

Miami Dolphins (1-7)

Atlanta Falcons (1-7)

New York Giants (1-7)

Cleveland Browns (2-6)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-6)

Denver Broncos (3-6)

Oakland Raiders (via 3-5 Bears)

Arizona Cardinals (3-5-1)

Detroit Lions (3-4-1)

Jacksonville Jaguars (4-5)

Los Angeles Chargers (4-5)

Tennessee Titans (4-5)

Oakland Raiders (4-4)

Miami Dolphins (via 4-4 Steelers)

Philadelphia Eagles (5-4)

Carolina Panthers (5-3)

Jacksonville Jaguars (via 5-3 Rams)

Vanderbilt senior WR Kalija Lipscomb accepted an invitation to the Reese's Senior Bowl.

Lipscomb (6'1/201) led the SEC with 87 catches last season on his way to an 87-916-9 receiving line and was primed for a big senior sendoff, but his numbers have fallen off in what's been a problematic passing offense this season. In six games for the current campaign, he has caught 31 passes for 371 yards and two touchdowns. Testing will be crucial for the wideout during the spring evaluation process. Look for him to settle late on Day 2 or on Day 3 come the draft.

SOURCE: Reese's Senior Bowl on Twitter

Nov 5, 2019, 3:36 PM ET

Vanderbilt senior RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn has accepted the invitation to play in the 2020 Reese's Senior Bowl.

Vaughn (5'10/218) has been one of the few bright spots for the lowly Commodores, rushing 151 times for 790 yards, 5.2 YPC and 6 touchdowns through eight games. Points have been hard to come by for Vanderbilt, as they have only averaged 17 PPG and 317 YPG on the year. The loss of 2018 QB Kyle Shurmur has taken it's toll, as Ball State transfer Riley Neal has not been able to replicate the departed Shurmur's success. Vandy travels to Gainesville to take on the Gators this Saturday.

SOURCE: Reese's Senior Bowl on Twitter

Nov 5, 2019, 6:35 PM ET

Edited by Faust

Matt Miller 2020 Big Board: Quarterback Order Starting to Take Shape

Rotoworld:

On his latest 32-player big board, Bleacher Report's Matt Miller ranked Alabama junior WR Henry Ruggs as the No. 8 draft-eligible prospect for the spring.

Ruggs (6'0/190) slots in as Miller's second-highest ranked receiver, trailing only Jerry Jeudy (No. 2 overall). This season, the junior speedster has put together a 26-513-6 receiving line in eight games. There's no doubting Ruggs' speed -- he could set the 40-yard dash record if he runs at the combine -- but in a loaded class of receivers, we have our questions on his game as a whole. Ruggs lacks for the well-rounded game of a Jeudy or CeeDee Lamb and does not play with the rugged physicality of either Laviska Shenault or Tee Higgins. Ruggs may well end up landing as a Day 1 prospect, but we'd feel far more comfortable with him on Day 2. Miller, it should be noted, is not the only analyst who lands Ruggs at No. 8 -- ESPN's Mel Kiper does likewise on his own most recent Big Board.

SOURCE: Bleacher Report

Nov 6, 2019, 2:28 PM ET

Edited by Faust