Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

[Dynasty] 2020 NFL Draft Prospects

1 hour ago, Zyphros said:

Anyone else find it weird how players from certain schools look like players from that school from a past year?  The more players I dive into the more I see similarities between them and someone before them.  I don't know just a weird thought this morning.  

Probably has something to do with what the coaches look for in a player, athleticism or profile, or maybe it's usage with their scheme that makes it look that way.  

Recruiting style, possibly usage both. Could also be your mind tricking you a bit based on uniforms.

LSU junior WR Justin Jefferson has declared for the 2020 NFL Draft.

Jefferson joins a handful of other LSU players declaring today now that the season is over. A slot savant with the chops to also survive on the outside, Jefferson is a shifty route runner over the middle who knows how to create space. Jefferson is exceptionally coordinated and agile for being 6-foot-3, 192-pounds. Any NFL team would benefit from having him on the roster and slotting him into a role similar to that of Keenan Allen (Chargers) or Michael Thomas (Saints). Even for as loaded as this WR class, Jefferson shouldn't make it past the second round.

SOURCE: Pete Thamel on Twitter

Jan 15, 2020, 4:54 PM ET

LSU’s Justin Jefferson declares for NFL draft after ‘perfect year’

Edited by Faust

15 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I missed that Kylin Hill is returning to school. The herd is  thinning.

The herd is already fat. We need more to balance out 2021 plus Hill was a mid 2nd rounder in Dyno at best.

Tex

• Like 2

On 1/15/2020 at 6:16 PM, Dr. Dan said:

What helps is the threat of NCAA violations due to OBJ giving him cash... although he was likely going anyways

Gonna really need to dig deep on him. Is he a product of Joe Burrow? I personally don't think so but is he #1 WR material?

9 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Gonna really need to dig deep on him. Is he a product of Joe Burrow? I personally don't think so but is he #1 WR material?

I'm a fan so far. But have to dig in deeper admitedly

Hes a little skinny but so is everyone else in this WR draft it seems. 

Monmouth RB Peter Guerriero declared for the 2020 NFL Draft.

Guerriero (5'10/190) is coming off a transcendent 2019 campaign in which he put up an FCS-leading 1,995 yards rushing. He finished third in Walter Payton Trophy voting for the season. while being named a consensus All-Ameican The big-play back will be trying for a Day 3 selection come April.

SOURCE: Peter Guerriero on Twitter

Jan 17, 2020, 10:53 AM ET

Etienne back to Clemson.  I'm not sure who is advising these underclassman (RB's especially) but hard to spin this into a good move.  From a logical perspective.  

2 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

I'm a fan so far. But have to dig in deeper admitedly

Hes a little skinny but so is everyone else in this WR draft it seems. 

As far as the potential 1st round WRs go, Jalen Reagor and Laviska Shenault aren't what I would call skinny.

Edited by doowain

8 minutes ago, coachoneill said:

Etienne back to Clemson.  I'm not sure who is advising these underclassman (RB's especially) but hard to spin this into a good move.  From a logical perspective.  

Crazy.  Maybe he got a 2nd round grade and is betting on himself.  Although, I don't know what benefit there is to him being a 1st round pick.  Unless you can get into the Top 10 and get the money that goes along with it.  I'd think RBs, who have a shorter shelf life, would prefer to be 2nd round picks to eliminate the 5th year team option.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, coachoneill said:

hmm.  If he gets hurt he will be very sorry he made this decision.  Bryce Love anyone?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, doowain said:

Crazy.  Maybe he got a 2nd round grade and is betting on himself.  Although, I don't know what benefit there is to him being a 1st round pick.  Unless you can get into the Top 10 and get the money that goes along with it.  I'd think RBs, who have a shorter shelf life, would prefer to be 2nd round picks to eliminate the 5th year team option.  

That's exactly it.  It feels like the potential benefit of jumping from say pick 25-50 this year to pick 15-25 next year isn't worth the risk of potentially getting injured, stock drop etc.  Good point on the second round pick aspect as well.  

Make the top tier cutoff at 1.5 now.  Swift, Dobbins, Jeudy, Lamb, and Taylor.

Edited by JohnnyU

Randy Moss' Son Thaddeus Declares for 2020 NFL Draft

LSU TE Thaddeus Moss declared for the 2020 NFL Draft.

Moss (6'3/294) came through in style during the National Championship Game on Monday, catching five passes for 36 yards and a pair of touchdowns. He'll now move on to try his luck in the pros. Bleacher Report's Matt Miller writes glowingly of Moss' "up-the-seam speed, big body and ability to beat defenders with a big catch radius." He sees a potential Day 2 selection in the cards, here.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Jan 17, 2020, 3:25 PM ET

47 minutes ago, doowain said:

As far as the potential 1st round WRs go, Jalen Reagor and Laviska Shenault aren't what I would call skinny.

Nope. I was referencing Lamb, Jeudy. Shenault is possibly my wr1 right now. Reagor I like a lot. Hes a guy who will be a huge get for someone later round 1. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

2020 firsts still look amazing.  2020 2nds are taking a big hit. 

yes this is absolutely the case here 

3 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Seems like there's not sufficient buzz around Gabriel Davis WR UCF.

Agreed. He skipped the bowl game. Was hoping to see him in it.  

2 hours ago, doowain said:

The only thing I see helping him is TENN winning the SB this year and another team with a bell cow RB winning next year and teams give up on the New England created RBBC that we have today. Start your best RB, keep him in there 90% of the snaps and give him a rest for the 2nd stringers. They are 2nd stringers for a reason.

3 hours ago, kittenmittens said:

2020 firsts still look amazing.  2020 2nds are taking a big hit. 

This is what I like personally, I would have missed on a few of these guys who would have slipped into the 6-9 spot this year but now I will have a chance/option to draft them in 2021 so I like it.

Tex

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

A poor man's Shenault.  Could be a steal for NFL teams and fantasy teams.  

ETA:  I do like Davis' speed more than Shenault though

Edited by Zyphros

10 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Will UCF star receiver Gabriel Davis get selected in the first round of NFL draft?

Meet Gabriel Davis, UCF's fast-rising WR prospect

UCF WR Gabriel Davis merits Day 2 consideration in this spring's NFL Draft according to Dane Brugler of The Athletic.

Davis (6'3/212) announced in early December that he would forego his final season of eligibility to enter the NFL Draft, and he'll play in his final collegiate game on Monday. The Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl matchup with Marshall gives the standout wide receiver one last chance to not only play alongside his UCF teammates but also show NFL scouts and decision-makers what he brings to the table. "Although not a burner, Davis accelerates smoothly in his routes with subtle suddenness at the stem, finishing strong with his hands," Brugler wrote in this analysis of Davis. "He might get overlooked in a loaded wide receiver class, but he should absolutely be considered on Day 2 of the draft." Davis enters the bowl game with a receiving stat line of 72-1,241-12.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Dec 22, 2019, 6:19 PM ET

UCF junior WR Gabriel Davis leads the FBS with 3.59 yards per route run among 120 qualifying receivers.

120 receivers in the country have at least 200 routes run this year, but none of them have been more efficiency with their routes than Davis. Davis (6'3/214) is the primary threat in an explosive, aggressive UCF passing offense. On just 47 receptions, Davis has earned 833 yards (17.7 per catch) and 10 touchdowns. The Knights will be counting on Davis to keep up the pace against Temple this weekend.

SOURCE: Cam Mellor on Twitter

Oct 24, 2019, 1:26 PM ET

19 hours ago, Faust said:

Tons of stuff in this article.

Miller goes over the top-two spots are set in cement so the draft begins with Detroit with the #3 pick and hints a lot of teams will want to move-up for QBs and speculates on which teams and what they have to offer.

Then he does his mock and gives other notes.

Lots of good stuff so check it out.:thumbup: