What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL SUPER BOWL LIII Thread - PATRIOTS vs. RAMS *** (2 Viewers)

Can't see Goff being able to deal with Belicheck's D. In order to win, they need to go Philly Super Special on NE.

Last edited by a moderator:
What’s going on with Gurley, something he can bounce back from or tore up knee we aren’t hearing truth on? If he can’t get back to himself this one could be ugly. 

If the Rams want to be successful, they better figure out a way to pressure up the middle against Brady and press the WRs on the line. This soft, cover 2 and cover 3 schemes will be picked apart.

The Rams should also expect to see lots of pressure on Goff and physical play. The Pats do not have a great defense but they do play physical football and are aggressive.

Rams will have to go blow for blow with the best just like Foles and Pederson did last year. McVay can't get conservative now. Aggression is what got him here. Going for two and going in 4th down when available is going to happen a lot.

:homer:

Does Josh Gordon get a ring if they win?
Not sure if serious, but I believe its to the discretion of the team, in 2011 the Pats said had they won they would have given Moss a ring. That pats also give rings to all their employees and staff members, less fancy ones but still.

:homer:

Not sure if serious, but I believe its to the discretion of the team, in 2011 the Pats said had they won they would have given Moss a ring. That pats also give rings to all their employees and staff members, less fancy ones but still.
I'll defer to anyone who knows as I'm just going off recollection, but I think its active roster and administration plus either 1 or 2 discretionary rings.  

In a scenario where the Pats win, it might not be in Gordon's best interest to give him a ring given his struggles, but he was a valuable contributor while rostered.

All this I won’t watch stuff...do you consider yourselves football fans? Seriously asking. 

I’ll watch the Cardinals play the Raiders right now if they were on lol

Tom Brady is simply on a whole other level, what an amazing QB.

The Rams stand no chance of any kind, absolutely....0.

Now we are stuck with this ..snoozer...because of a terrible non call, sheesh~~~~

If 20 years ago I was approached by someone who proposed a bet of my life vs a million dollars if no team made 9 SB appearances in the next 20 years I'd be dead now. Never thought this was possible.

All this I won’t watch stuff...do you consider yourselves football fans? Seriously asking. 

I’ll watch the Cardinals play the Raiders right now if they were on lol
I know for myself I'm no longer a fan, but I'm a fantasy football fan so if no one is playing from my teams I have no interest in watching the game.  I just wish f.f. wasn't so addicting so I could just stop watching the games entirely.  It's a very poor product to watch, so if they fixed that I would probably watch more games but that is never going to happen.

So hopefully these new leagues will incorporate football days of old where you are allowed tackling and playing defense and the refs don't control the games.  Never watched the kc game and I won't be watching the SB.

Suh and Van Noy dominate. Lions fans weep the hardest.

Brady and Gronk don't get through the first half without looking like they need a walker. 

Pats win anyway because that's what they do. Not because I want them to, for sure.

/will wait on weather to see if I watch this with friends or just have it on as background noise at home.

I know for myself I'm no longer a fan, but I'm a fantasy football fan so if no one is playing from my teams I have no interest in watching the game.  I just wish f.f. wasn't so addicting so I could just stop watching the games entirely.  It's a very poor product to watch, so if they fixed that I would probably watch more games but that is never going to happen.

So hopefully these new leagues will incorporate football days of old where you are allowed tackling and playing defense and the refs don't control the games.  Never watched the kc game and I won't be watching the SB.
Thanks for the input but it is very odd to me that you bet on a game or play a game involving something you dislike. Very odd. 

Rams get revenge for Mike Martz’s inexplicable Super Bowl 34 play calling.  He was Sean Payton before Sean Payton.  Rams 34 NE 28

That's what people said last year. 

The Brandin Cooks revenge tour rolls on...kinda crazy in retrospect, that 3 of the final 4 teams in the playoffs all gave up a 1st round pick for the same guy.
I didn't say that last year, thought Philly had a chance, they were the best team, this rams team has no shot

Users who are viewing this thread