What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which Super Bowl Would You Have Most Preferred To See? (1 Viewer)

Which Super Bowl Would You Have Most Preferred To See?

• LA vs NE

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • LA vs KC

Votes: 70 42.4%
  • NO vs NE

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • NO vs KC

Votes: 60 36.4%

• Total voters
Anyone but NE because I keep hoping coaching in the NFL will evolve to the point that the Pats are at. If it did, they would be knocked out early. They will always win their inept division until they become inept (Brady/Belicheck retire). They have inferior teams but win anyway because of other teams ineptitude. I mean this year they have Cord Patterson and everyone knows he cannot catch a football but they can trot him out there, let him drop passes and still overcome it. They can change routes based on coverage because they are simply smarter than the rest of the league.

I would just like to see other teams coached to the same level. Then the better built teams will be in the SB.

I'm guessing 95% of the universe wanted KC against one of the other teams.
Although I am not a Patriot hater, I agree that this sentiment is strong. I went Saints Chiefs because I am a Saints fan and love the prospects of those two teams playing against each other.

Patriots/Rams, because they are the 2 best teams, and proved it yesterday.

I also think it'd be great if the Rams won, and Cooks had a monster game. 

Pats vs Saints

There we have two historically great QB's involved,  which is the only game we'd have that.

All the others we see kid vs kid, legend vs kid.

LA/KC.

Anerica is sick of Brady on their TV screen and my best friend is a Saints fan (I'm a Bucs fan), so I couldn't stand to see him brag about a second super bowl. These past 2 years have been great watching the Saints lose in epic fashion.

LA/KC

Why? Did not want to endure media sloberfest for two weeks when they try and turn Brady and Brees into deities.

LA/KC.

Anerica is sick of Brady on their TV screen and my best friend is a Saints fan (I'm a Bucs fan), so I couldn't stand to see him brag about a second super bowl. These past 2 years have been great watching the Saints lose in epic fashion.
As Ric Flair said "If you want to be the man..you gotta beat the man"

I think Rams will win though.

I’d have been happy with Brees versus Brady or the LA/KC rematch. 

Peopel saying KC and NO best teams? Ummmm no. And you can lay a good bit of the blame at the coaches feet. Let me know when B.B. really screws up like Peyton and Reid did. I’m sick of the Pats too but what can you do other than beat them? Whining about their success is bush league.

I think this current SB matchup is the one we all want.

1. Rams vs. NE - the only team the Rams haven't played yet. dont want to see a rematch of KC/L.A., don't want to see smug and smarmy Sean Payton on the sidelines of the SB..don't want to watch Andy Reid lose in a big game,  again..just had enough of it.

we KNOW the Saints would have lost to NE , they always do, Payton is like 1-3 against BB..

With NE you're GUARANTEED a close game.they've been to 73 super bowls all of them won by 7 pts or less.most are FG wins at the buzzer. 

and there's a very real (hope) potential that Gronk,BB, Brady - all retire in two weeks - if they win.soo..If that happens, I'm happy for them and happy for us NFL fans..enough's enough with this dynasty already..I mean seriously it's worse than Jimmy Johnson's NASCAR rein..

If they lose they could still retire. and we'd all be happy the Rams won and NE lost ANOTHER SB..yay!!

on another note, these guys retiring would mean a return to 20 years of futility for NE! joining the ranks of the other dynasties - Steelers, Cowboys, Redskins, Niners, Raiders..teams that got really bad and stayed that way for a very long time.some still are bad..

but pound for pound this is the best matchup.  Best defense that could stifle Brady - their front 7 is like NYG's back in 07 and 11..great pass rushers, good run stuffers.quality secondary.

oh did I forget to mention how nice it is that  will NOT be seeing Michael Thomas flex his biceps after every.single.play. and no team celebrated small plays more than the 'Aints..they had to have led the NFL in the en masse endzone celebrations following every play - you blocked a pass? run to the endzone, let's party! you caught a pass for 3 yards? lets go to the endzone and do the Floss!!!! yay! look at us!!! just absolutely ruining football and what sport is supposed to be about. 

KC-LA.  I wanted to see a rematch of that awesome MNF game.  

I don't hate NE and have nothing but respect for Brady and what he's done.  I'm just over seeing NE in the superbowl.  At least for awhile.  Similar to why many are tired of seeing Alabama in the CFP finals.  Due respect for what the team has done but enough already.  I blame the rest of the AFC.    

All of the matchups would have been great. The 4 teams this year were the best group in a long time.  

But i'm pretty excited about these two in particular 

Remember that rams chiefs game that exceeded every expectation?  Remember how good they looked with a healthy Todd Gurley - who now has two weeks to get right again?  

Remember watching the Patriots lose to the Jaguars and lions early in the season and everybody was talking about how they were going to lose the division to the dolphins?  How they rebounded with a win over Miami and then beat the colts, chiefs and bears?  Then later in the season losing 3 of 5 to the titans, dolphins and steelers?  This has been a roller coaster season and they're playing their best football at the right time. 

And yeah i know people are sick of watching the Patriots in the superbowl. This is their 4th in 5 years, which is amazing.  But think about those games.  Remember how they came back against the seahawks at the end of the game and then kearse made that miracle catch and it looked like they were going to lose their third superbowl in a row? Remember when the Falcons were blowing them out in a laugher and they came back from 28-3 in the final 17 minutes?  Remember when they tried throwing a pass to tom brady and just missed, then the eagles tried the same play on 4th and goal of a close game? 

And now this week we had four great teams go to the conference championships and both games went to overtime. Everyone wants to talk about the calls but holy cow those games were good. 

Remember that fake punt early in the NFC championship game?  They may fake punt a lot, but in that game l, and in that situation, that was still one of the gutsiest calls since the saints onside kick and the stupid philly special that everybody hated and didn't even make sense. 

Does anyone realize that the Patriots trailed by 4 wiith 3:33 left in the 4th quarter after the chiefs had taken their first lead of the game? And then the Patriots scored a touchdown, the chiefs scored another touchdown, the Patriots scored another touchdown, and the chiefs got a field goal to tie the game?   3 touchdowns and a field goal in the final 3 minutes and 33 seconds and then we get bonus football? 

This wasn't about terrible defense or penalties. This was two great quarterbacks raising their level of play higher and higher as the stakes rose. The chiefs didn't score a point in the first half and they scored 31 in the second.  The 4th quarter has 48 points scored - 24 in the first 26:27 and 24 in the last 3:33. 

This was incredible football between some of the most exciting teams in the game and now we get to watch the best coach in history face the best young coach in memory.  Anyone complaining about this matchup - i hope you can set aside your dislike of either team and just appreciate the sport being played at its highest level.  Best year in ages. 

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
LA - KC.  I've got a growing collection of full size replica helmets.  My wife gets me one or two a year for birthday or Xmas gifts.  In addition to those "holidays", she always makes sure I have one of each team playing in the Super Bowl that year.  I already had New England and the Saints - don't currently have Rams or KC.  At least I'll get the Rams out of this.....which I think will be team #20.

This was incredible football between some of the most exciting teams in the game and now we get to watch the best coach in history face the best young coach in memory.  Anyone complaining about this matchup - i hope you can set aside your dislike of either team and just appreciate the sport being played at its highest level.  Best year in ages. 
The Saints-Rams game was decided on a blown pass interference call.  The Pats won because a player couldn't line up onside and a stupid OT rule where one team can march down the field score a TD and the other never get a possession.  This is no knock on the Pats -- they didn't make the rules -- but when a playoff game where both offenses are scoring at will in the 4th quarter is decided because one team got a possession in OT and other didn't blows.

They were entertaining but the endings of both left a bad taste in the mouth of this football fan that had no rooting interest in either game.

The Saints-Rams game was decided on a blown pass interference call.  The Pats won because a player couldn't line up onside and a stupid OT rule where one team can march down the field score a TD and the other never get a possession
The saints and Patriots both won the overtime coin toss.  If you're going to blame the overtime rules which game did they impact? 

If the saints lost the game on that call, then why did i see a bunch of plays culminating in the rams lining up for a 57 yard field goal in overtime?  We can't talk about the team defense that tipped a pass from mvp candidate drew brees and then the defender who caught it on the ground?  Or the fake punt on 4th and 5 earlier in the game when the rams were deep in their own territory? Those plays didn't decide the game? 

If the Patriots won the game on the offsides call then how come we talk about quarterbacks taking a free play when they see a guy offsides?  It was a bonehead play by Ford but Brady snapped it with a stopped clock and fifteen seconds left on the play clock to catch him off sides and it ended up being huge.  And less than a minute later in the game, the chiefs - in field goal range with no timeouts - caught the Patriots offsides and the younger quarterback and less playoff experienced chiefs were given an incredible amount of time to prepare for a shot at a possible game winning touchdown.  We aren't talking about that one as much because the Patriots won, but what was that all about? 

I'd rather focus on the football than the refs, and both games had some awesome plays. When is the last time a kicker hit a 57 yard field goal in overtime for a trip to the superbowl?  When is the last time you saw 3 lead changes in 3 minutes at the end of a conference championship game and then a game tying field goal to send it to overtime? 

Forget the controversy and try to appreciate what you actually saw. These games were awesome

The saints and Patriots both won the overtime coin toss.  If you're going to blame the overtime rules which game did they impact? 

If the saints lost the game on that call, then why did i see a bunch of plays culminating in the rams lining up for a 57 yard field goal in overtime?  We can't talk about the team defense that tipped a pass from mvp candidate drew brees and then the defender who caught it on the ground?  Or the fake punt on 4th and 5 earlier in the game when the rams were deep in their own territory? Those plays didn't decide the game? 

If the Patriots won the game on the offsides call then how come we talk about quarterbacks taking a free play when they see a guy offsides?  It was a bonehead play by Ford but Brady snapped it with a stopped clock and fifteen seconds left on the play clock to catch him off sides and it ended up being huge.  And less than a minute later in the game, the chiefs - in field goal range with no timeouts - caught the Patriots offsides and the younger quarterback and less playoff experienced chiefs were given an incredible amount of time to prepare for a shot at a possible game winning touchdown.  We aren't talking about that one as much because the Patriots won, but what was that all about? 

I'd rather focus on the football than the refs, and both games had some awesome plays. When is the last time a kicker hit a 57 yard field goal in overtime for a trip to the superbowl?  When is the last time you saw 3 lead changes in 3 minutes at the end of a conference championship game and then a game tying field goal to send it to overtime? 

Forget the controversy and try to appreciate what you actually saw. These games were awesome
Sorry.  Now that I know what to appreciate I think the games were awesome.

The Saints-Rams game was decided on a blown pass interference call.  The Pats won because a player couldn't line up onside and a stupid OT rule where one team can march down the field score a TD and the other never get a possession.  This is no knock on the Pats -- they didn't make the rules -- but when a playoff game where both offenses are scoring at will in the 4th quarter is decided because one team got a possession in OT and other didn't blows.

They were entertaining but the endings of both left a bad taste in the mouth of this football fan that had no rooting interest in either game.
I'm in the same camp. Such a letdown to an awesome season.

Dee Ford lines up correctly and the refs don't blow the most obvious call in history and it's New Orleans - Kansas City. 

I'm in the same camp. Such a letdown to an awesome season.

Dee Ford lines up correctly and the refs don't blow the most obvious call in history and it's New Orleans - Kansas City. 
Let me throw this one out there. In the last minute of regulation, a NE player jumped offsides and Mahomes went deep and got a completion that set up the game tying FG. He knew he had a free play and had nothing to lose. 

But no one has mentioned that Brady could have seen Ford way over the LOS and done the same thing. My point being, if Ford doesn’t line up wrong, Brady may not have made the same decision or attempted the same pass. 

Folks want to keep the back half of the play by changing the first part. They are not automatically connected. 

It will be interesting if someone in the media asks Brady if he knew he had a free play. 

To all the folks complaining about the patriots being deep in the hunt every year, it’s very simple…

Get your team to stop them.

And I for one love the post game video,  Good chance this is their last Super Bowl run with Brady... Everyone who loves or hates them has already made up their mind regardless of what they do, so why not have a little fun with it. Might be my favorite tweet I’ve seen in years. :thumbup:  

See you guys in 12 days :banned:  

Last edited by a moderator:
To all the folks complaining about the patriots being deep in the hunt every year, it’s very simple…

Get your team to stop them.

And I for one love the post game video,  Good chance this is their last Super Bowl run with Brady... Everyone who loves or hates them has already made up their mind regardless of what they do, so why not have a little fun with it. Might be my favorite tweet I’ve seen in years. :thumbup:  

See you guys in 12 days :banned:  
I do think it's interesting. I can't speak for anyone else, but me feeling sick about the NE-KC game has nothing to do with hating Brady or the Patriots. Quite the opposite. Brady is my favorite player. Much to the laughter and ridicule of the FBG staff, I think he's the greatest QB of all time. I have the FREE Brady shirt from a few years ago and just bought the Clear Eyes, Tom Brady, Can't Lose shirt. 

But as a fan of the game I just hate to see a game end over a terrible miscue. And that's what happened with Ford.

And same thing in New Orleans. I leaned some towards the Saints because I have friends like @tipsy mcstagger that pull hard for the Saints. But I didn't have a stake in the game. I just hate to see history altered 100% because of a terribly blown non-call.

If you're asking what teams I wanted to see in the super bowl, Titans vs Lions. 

But that wasn't happening.

Of the final 4, either

A. Saints vs Patriots. With both Brees and Brady retiring afterwards.

B. Rams vs. Chiefs. Two of the best young teams, time to take over the reigns.

I wanted exactly what happened.

I wanted to see an old guy against a young guy, and who better than the GOAT to match up against a young, upstart team? I'm not a Pats fan, but man, Brady just continues to amaze me and I love watching him play. 

Let me throw this one out there. In the last minute of regulation, a NE player jumped offsides and Mahomes went deep and got a completion that set up the game tying FG. He knew he had a free play and had nothing to lose. 

But no one has mentioned that Brady could have seen Ford way over the LOS and done the same thing. My point being, if Ford doesn’t line up wrong, Brady may not have made the same decision or attempted the same pass. 

Folks want to keep the back half of the play by changing the first part. They are not automatically connected. 

It will be interesting if someone in the media asks Brady if he knew he had a free play. 
Come on this is not what happened.   This wasn't a case of Brady seeing a guy jump offsides and taking a low percentage deep shot cause he knew he had a free play.  The pass was a short out-pattern that was thrown way too high and tipped to the defender.  

Dee Ford definitely screwed up and it was absolutely the correct call but you are delusional if you think that was some kind of brilliant pick up by Brady.  It was an easy pass that was overthrown and Brady was very fortunate it was called back.

I wanted exactly what happened.

I wanted to see an old guy against a young guy, and who better than the GOAT to match up against a young, upstart team? I'm not a Pats fan, but man, Brady just continues to amaze me and I love watching him play. 
Yes, and it is what it is. 2 teams that win go forward. Enough with the shouldas and couldas, I am looking forward to what projects to be a close game. The one that will actually be played.

Come on this is not what happened.   This wasn't a case of Brady seeing a guy jump offsides and taking a low percentage deep shot cause he knew he had a free play.  The pass was a short out-pattern that was thrown way too high and tipped to the defender.  

Dee Ford definitely screwed up and it was absolutely the correct call but you are delusional if you think that was some kind of brilliant pick up by Brady.  It was an easy pass that was overthrown and Brady was very fortunate it was called back.
Three yes/no questions for you: 

1) Have you seen Brady attempt to make a throw when he knew he had a free play? 

2) Do you think Brady, one of the more astute QBs in the game when it comes to pre-snap analysis failed to notice Dee was offsides? 

3) Do you think Brady failed to hear the whistle or see the flag being thrown immediately after the snap? 

Not implying this absolutely was what Anarchy said... so please don’t spin that. Merely asking 3 yes/no questions. :)  

Three yes/no questions for you: 

1) Have you seen Brady attempt to make a throw when he knew he had a free play? 

2) Do you think Brady, one of the more astute QBs in the game when it comes to pre-snap analysis failed to notice Dee was offsides? 

3) Do you think Brady failed to hear the whistle or see the flag being thrown immediately after the snap? 

Not implying this absolutely was what Anarchy said... so please don’t spin that. Merely asking 3 yes/no questions. :)  
I don't know what Brady saw or didn't see and what he knew or didn't know. But how many times have we seen him snap the ball early when a defender was jogging off the field at the sideline and still had a heel on the field of play 30 yards away.

On the play in question, Brady gets into shotgun formation and looks RIGHT AT FORD only 15 feet away from him. Ford is already lined up offsides and doesn't move. Brady gives some last second directions on who to block and says something to White standing next to him. He then motions to Edelman to go in motion and calls for the ball. After three seconds of scanning downfield and not seeing anyone open, he then goes underneath to Gronk in the flat and throws a little high and the rest is history.

Is thinking that Brady could identify Ford lining up offsides really that out of the realm of possibility given that he looked right at him?

LINK

I don't know what Brady saw or didn't see and what he knew or didn't know. But how many times have we seen him snap the ball early when a defender was jogging off the field at the sideline and still had a heel on the field of play 30 yards away.

On the play in question, Brady gets into shotgun formation and looks RIGHT AT FORD only 15 feet away from him. Ford is already lined up offsides and doesn't move. Brady gives some last second directions on who to block and says something to White standing next to him. He then motions to Edelman to go in motion and calls for the ball. After three seconds of scanning downfield and not seeing anyone open, he then goes underneath to Gronk in the flat and throws a little high and the rest is history.

Is thinking that Brady could identify Ford lining up offsides really that out of the realm of possibility given that he looked right at him?

LINK
So he only made that pass 3 yards down the field because he knew he had a free play?

Did he also purposely throw it too high because he knew he had a free play?

It just doesn’t make any sense. When a QB knows he has a free play he’ll take a shot downfield since the result doesn’t matter. Why wouldn’t he have thrown to the guys covered downfield and let them try and make a play since it was a free play?

What do you think he would have done if Ford wasn’t offside - made a safer throw than that?

Anyone but NE because I keep hoping coaching in the NFL will evolve to the point that the Pats are at. If it did, they would be knocked out early. They will always win their inept division until they become inept (Brady/Belicheck retire). They have inferior teams but win anyway because of other teams ineptitude. I mean this year they have Cord Patterson and everyone knows he cannot catch a football but they can trot him out there, let him drop passes and still overcome it. They can change routes based on coverage because they are simply smarter than the rest of the league.

I would just like to see other teams coached to the same level. Then the better built teams will be in the SB.
Becomes clearer every year that BB isn’t just the goat but is miles ahead of anyone else.  And it doesn’t seem like anyone else is even trying to compete with him. It took the chiefs a whole half of football to get anything going on offense twice in the same year, and it was strictly not being able to adapt to the patriots scheme both times. They were just out coached. It’s incredibly frustrating. 

:lol:  at those implying that KC was the better team when New England beat them not once, but TWICE this year.

Straight-up. Heads-up. 

GTFOH with that crazy talk :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread