What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What Brand will you no longer buy? (1 Viewer)

Socrates11

Footballguy
Curious if others here have Brands they will no longer buy. Not necessarily because corporate took a position on something that you don't agree with and you're boycotting, but rather you bought something of theirs way back when and it left a bad taste in your mouth.

I'll never buy Toshiba again. We got the wife a Toshiba laptop from them when she went back to school, and while she muddled through with it we were never pleased with it's performance. Something always seems to crash on it and it took forever to load, etc. Happy was the day that POC went to recycling. 

I'm also pretty sure I'll never buy Ryobi again. Got a drill and some other power tools and they lost peak performance quickly. Their batteries didn't hold charge for long and it drove me crazy.

Anyone love these brands and think I might have gotten lemons? Any brands out there you'll never buy again?

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious if others here have Brands they will no longer buy. Not necessarily because corporate took a position on something that you don't agree with and you're boycotting, but rather you bought something of theirs way back when and it left a bad taste in your mouth.

I'll never buy Toshiba again. We got the wife a Toshiba laptop from them when she went back to school, and while she muddled through with it we were never pleased with it's performance. Something always seems to crash on it and it took forever to load, etc. Happy was the day that POC went to recycling. 

I'm also pretty sure I'll never buy Ryobi again. Got a drill and some other power tools and they lost peak performance quickly. Their batteries didn't hold charge for long and it drove me crazy.

Anyone love these brands and think I might have gotten lemons? Any brands out there you'll never buy again?
I've had issues with Ryobi batteries.  Bought some lawn equipment for a 40v battery pack.  I actually bought the warranty so the first time they stopped working I returned it.  It just happened again so I did some googling....turns out if these batteries get too discharged they go into hibernation mode.  call 1-877-655-5250 and have all your model numbers and they'll send you new batteries, totally free.  

It sucks it happens, but they'll make it right.  

I've been pretty happy with Ryobi.  I know they aren't the best, but it's nice having a every tool imaginable powered by the same battery.  

I wish I could quit Lowes, but every competitor is just a notch below on the suck scale and has less inventory.

Pringles.

They had that stupid pop 'til you drop campaign about 20 years ago. They had a bunch of teenagers popping the lids off of that can. It was so cheesy and stupid. Haven't had a pringle since.

ASUS computers. Got a laptop and desktop from them reading they were the bee's knees. Nothing but problems. Dude, I'll get a Dell before buying another one of their products.

Chrysler.

Owed a K car back in the late 1980s.  Left me stranded more times than I care to remember.

Owned a Grand Caravan in early 2000s.  Engine burned and leaked oil like crazy.  Leaky AC system.  Transmission blew out out while on vacation several hundred miles from home.  Complete piece of garbage. 

Levi’s - are junk quality these days

Honeycomb cereal - it tastes horrible compared to back in the day 

Chrysler vehicles - just junk. Had a transmission go out on mine back in the day. The transmission guy said that all transmissions in Chryslers do that. 

The guys who have mentioned bad things about Chryslers both talk about 'back in the day' (K car? Wow!!  :P ) Does anyone have the same issues with current Chryslers? May have to buy a new van in the near future and really like the look and features of the Pacifica.

Chrysler vehicles - just junk. Had a transmission go out on mine back in the day. The transmission guy said that all transmissions in Chryslers do that. 
Only owned 1 Chrysler - Durango, first generation, 2003 I believe. 

That thing was a beast.  I beat the snot out of it and outside or brakes/tires/oil, I didn't stick a nickel into it.  Sold it @ 179,000 miles and it's still going strong at 210K. 

That thing would go through anything/everything.  But it drank gas like I drink beer.  Full one day, empty the next. 

Now, my GMC Yukon Denali - what a POS.  I've stuck more money into this one vehicle that every vehicle I've owned combined. 

Ecco shoes. I've owned 2 pair which had the soles literally disintegrate within 18 months of purchase date. Ecco refused to repair or replace them because they only had a 1-year warranty.

Now, I can respect their choice to only have a 1 year warranty. And if it had only happened to 1 pair, and it was due to excessive usage, I would totally understand.

But 2 pair, both falling apart in less than 2 years, both of which only experienced very light (mostly indoor) usage? Come on. It's like the shoes are designed to be replaced as soon as possible.

BTW, the shoes weren't even that comfortable. I mean, they were OK. But they don't live up to the hype.

Also a Chrysler avoider.

Asics shoes - They used to be all I'd buy. Now they have a terrible fit and comfort. Brooks Glycerine man now.

ZTE - had a nice phone, put out an update that essentially bricked it, and then has simply dropped the issue instead of putting out an update that reverts to the last non-broken firmware.

The guys who have mentioned bad things about Chryslers both talk about 'back in the day' (K car? Wow!!  :P ) Does anyone have the same issues with current Chryslers? May have to buy a new van in the near future and really like the look and features of the Pacifica.
Had a 2010 Caravan and now a 2017. 2010 had an issue where the factory brakes were cheap.  Needed a brake job at 20k (all GCs around this time were the same).  Other than that, no major issues until 95k when i traded it in. No issues with 2017 so far. 

Salesman told me to be wary of the automatic doors though. He said they do have a slight uptick in warranty and the repairs can be very expensive for essentially a novelty.  I went with manual (I'm cheap anyways).  

I traveled with 3 kids between 8-12 who were "too old" for family boarding. That trip was less than ideal.  
Same. Coupled with the fact that I didn’t really know how boarding worked and was at a disadvantage. That airline sucks.

Dyson vacs. Way overpriced, when you can get a similar or better performing “lesser” brand for less than half the price.

I said the same thing. What a joke, and how arbitrary are the rules!  
I think I've seen 4 or 5 games all season. I don't think that number will be going up in 2019 and I've already got plans for a nonsuperbowl sunday. I like it.

My 2010 Grand Caravan has been flawless. I have about 85k on it.

I'll never buy a GM because of that obnoxious guy in their commercials.

No Gatorade because i hate LeBron (and MJ before that).

No Nike ... Same.

No Papa Johns as i hate that owner putting himself in the commercials hitting half court shots, etc.

Also a Chrysler avoider.

Asics shoes - They used to be all I'd buy. Now they have a terrible fit and comfort. Brooks Glycerine man now.
:goodposting:   Same for me.  Used to run in Gel Nimbus, but they disentegrated quickly.  Switched over to Brooks Glycerins and couldn’t be happier.

Ecco shoes. I've owned 2 pair which had the soles literally disintegrate within 18 months of purchase date. Ecco refused to repair or replace them because they only had a 1-year warranty.
Wow, I have the complete opposite experience with the brand, and they've been the only brand I've used for a decade plus. Mind you, I am only referring to their dress shoes, but I've always loved the brand as they fit a wider foot more comfortably IMO and have great support (fallen arches guy here).

I have had only two or three pairs over the last 14 years or so, have even replaced the soles of one pair as everything else held up. Really impressed at their durability.

Wow, I have the complete opposite experience with the brand, and they've been the only brand I've used for a decade plus. Mind you, I am only referring to their dress shoes, but I've always loved the brand as they fit a wider foot more comfortably IMO and have great support (fallen arches guy here).

I have had only two or three pairs over the last 14 years or so, have even replaced the soles of one pair as everything else held up. Really impressed at their durability.
Go figure. Both mine were dress shoes.

I also have a pair of Ecco Biom golf shoes which I must admit are more comfortable than any other golf shoes that I've owned. But they have a little bit too much support in the arches, and it takes me about an hour to get used to them every time I go golfing.

Chrysler vans are much improved from the 80s-90s.   What most consumers fail to realize in todays auto business many manufacturers use the same suppliers. And with computer technology designing is so much more refined than 20-30 years ago.  Todays cars from all makers are much more the same than different.

What I used to buy all the time is Bose products but don`t anymore.   Not that Bose is not good but there are so many more just as good for half the price.

Users who are viewing this thread