Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheIronSheik

MTV's The Challenge (and other reality shows)

On 1/21/2020 at 9:25 AM, Henry Ford said:

Do. 1 episode in it’s definitely a complete ####-show. 

I watched the first two episodes.  Not sure what I think yet.  It's definitely not good.  But there is trainwreck potential, so I'll keep watching.  But I don't have high hopes.

3 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Has anyone heard anything about the new season of The Challenge?   Usually it follows the same schedule as Survivor, but I don't see any news of it starting anytime soon.  

1. It's finished filming (December)

2. Cast looks pretty good

3. Allegedly releasing in March.

6 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

I watched the first two episodes.  Not sure what I think yet.  It's definitely not good.  But there is trainwreck potential, so I'll keep watching.  But I don't have high hopes.

It went downhill after the first episode.  I had high hopes that it was just going to be a complete trainwreck but they seem to be keeping it just serious-minded enough that nobody completely embarrasses him/herself.  It's like it's trying to be The Mole but with Bachelor/ette contestants as the only people they could get, and they don't understand that it would be way better as the spy version of "America's Most Smartest Model."  

I'll keep watching, but it really should be much, much worse (in a good way) by now.

57 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

It went downhill after the first episode.  I had high hopes that it was just going to be a complete trainwreck but they seem to be keeping it just serious-minded enough that nobody completely embarrasses him/herself.  It's like it's trying to be The Mole but with Bachelor/ette contestants as the only people they could get, and they don't understand that it would be way better as the spy version of "America's Most Smartest Model."  

I'll keep watching, but it really should be much, much worse (in a good way) by now.

Just watched the first episode, agree it had trainwreck potential, sad to hear it doesn't live up to that.

3 minutes ago, UOFI_316 said:

Just watched the first episode, agree it had trainwreck potential, sad to hear it doesn't live up to that.

So far.  It could get better, they just seem to be very respectful of the contestants.  

Looks like the new season premieres April 1st.  Although, ever since that South Park episode, I'm always a little skeptical of shows claiming they premiere on April Fool's Day.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1