What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MTV's The Challenge (and other reality shows) (1 Viewer)

Has anyone heard anything about the new season of The Challenge?   Usually it follows the same schedule as Survivor, but I don't see any news of it starting anytime soon.  
1. It's finished filming (December)

2. Cast looks pretty good

3. Allegedly releasing in March.

I watched the first two episodes.  Not sure what I think yet.  It's definitely not good.  But there is trainwreck potential, so I'll keep watching.  But I don't have high hopes.
It went downhill after the first episode.  I had high hopes that it was just going to be a complete trainwreck but they seem to be keeping it just serious-minded enough that nobody completely embarrasses him/herself.  It's like it's trying to be The Mole but with Bachelor/ette contestants as the only people they could get, and they don't understand that it would be way better as the spy version of "America's Most Smartest Model."  

I'll keep watching, but it really should be much, much worse (in a good way) by now.

It went downhill after the first episode.  I had high hopes that it was just going to be a complete trainwreck but they seem to be keeping it just serious-minded enough that nobody completely embarrasses him/herself.  It's like it's trying to be The Mole but with Bachelor/ette contestants as the only people they could get, and they don't understand that it would be way better as the spy version of "America's Most Smartest Model."  

I'll keep watching, but it really should be much, much worse (in a good way) by now.
Just watched the first episode, agree it had trainwreck potential, sad to hear it doesn't live up to that.

Looks like the new season premieres April 1st.  Although, ever since that South Park episode, I'm always a little skeptical of shows claiming they premiere on April Fool's Day.
Looks like it's for real....and it's Total Madness!

If you guys are on Fanduel, they are going to run a free Challenge contest every week (at least until sports kick back up).

Looks like the new season premieres April 1st.  Although, ever since that South Park episode, I'm always a little skeptical of shows claiming they premiere on April Fool's Day.
At least one of our Five Major Sports™ is still going to happen.  I’ve never been so excited for a Challenge season as I am for this one.

Thank you TJ Lavin you glorious *******!

Great episode.  Damn Nany gets right down to business.  Love that.

I have said for a long time that the best strategy for Wes and Johnny is to secretly work together instead of going all hell bent from the jump trying to get them off.   The dude from survivor is legit.  All rock climbers I know are freaky strong can support their body weight like nobody's business.  And he was on a very political type show so he knows how to navigate.  I love how he laid out how dumb just throwing rookies in vs each other was when there should be a broader strategy.  Those dummies on council were like yeah thats a good idea but hey you are going in anyway.  So stupid.

Cory has knocked up another girl?  Good lord dude

Absolutely about Johnny and Wes. Their problem is it took one episode for people to start to catch on. And Wes going off on the rookie....looked like an idiot, just sit there and smile. 

The new twist is great. Long overdue.

76 + 27 - 67 / 2 = 18

Did they explain before that first challenge started that the “math equations” going to ignore how math is done? I would be stuck looking in that box for the decimal point.

76 + 27 - 67 / 2 = 18

Did they explain before that first challenge started that the “math equations” going to ignore how math is done? I would be stuck looking in that box for the decimal point.
:lol:  

Thought the same thing after the 1st or 2nd equation. Thought it was some modern math that order of operations no longer applied.

76 + 27 - 67 / 2 = 18

Thought this too.  My conclusion was they told everyone to solve the math problem in a linear fashion ignoring rules.  If they didn't, I can't believe someone wasn't going nuts.  They aren't all that stupid, are they?  

Yikes. Dee looks like a moron. If she's afraid to go into an elimination against JENN, who on earth is she going to be confident going against? :lol:  The only physical thing Jenn looks like she's ever done in her life is apply her makeup and fake eyelashes.

Unsurprisingly, Jenny mopped the floor with Jenn. 

Love the new twist with earning skull. If Tori/Jordan are THAT upset with her not being able to go in to elimination, why didn't she speak up and try to go in for Jenn with the inital group votes? No question that part is going to come into play in future with the initial vote ins. They're not just going to let the Tribunal control the elimination setups. Just hope it doesn't wind up with thrown challenges as it becomes unwatchable TV.

Last edited by a moderator:
That hanging elimination is the one I'd go in all day against the older/bigger guys if I'm in the tribunal if they do it again. Jay would have mopped the floor with any of Johnny/Wes/CT IMO in that challenge. The guy that Jay went against just had a terrible strategy or he'd probably stand a decent chance against them too.

Craig_MiamiFL said:
Yikes. Dee looks like a moron. If she's afraid to go into an elimination against JENN, who on earth is she going to be confident going against? :lol:  The only physical thing Jenn looks like she's ever done in her life is apply her makeup and fake eyelashes.

Unsurprisingly, Jenny mopped the floor with Jenn. 

Love the new twist with earning skull. If Tori/Jordan are THAT upset with her not being able to go in to elimination, why didn't she speak up and try to go in for Jenn with the inital group votes? No question that part is going to come into play in future with the initial vote ins. They're not just going to let the Tribunal control the elimination setups. Just hope it doesn't wind up with thrown challenges as it becomes unwatchable TV.
Tori wanted to go up against a layup, not blindly.

Big upset by Jay on CT.

Was thinking during it that CT is spending waaaaay too much time with knots and big rope/big chain. Just a weird strategy when the difference between the two was strength. I get they played it up for the show, but it wasnt even close as far as what they built. 

Big upset by Jay on CT.

Was thinking during it that CT is spending waaaaay too much time with knots and big rope/big chain. Just a weird strategy when the difference between the two was strength. I get they played it up for the show, but it wasnt even close as far as what they built. 
Why wouldnt bananas want to go in? 

Those rope challenges always confuse me because I could make a knot that would be impossible to undo.  I always feel like they edit those challenges a bit weird where we dont see everything

Big upset by Jay on CT.

It also didn't seem like he utilized many of the hooks on the wall like Jay did.  The cinder block technique by Jay was the clincher I think.  

Why wouldnt bananas want to go in? 
I would imagine he's confident that there will be more opportunities down the line, especially if he's in a Tribunal and can potentially "create" the matchup he wants even though the Tribunal is not present during that vote.  He knew CT was in this tribunal and probably didn't want that matchup as well....nor does he probably want the Tribunal to pick his matchup this early in the competition.  Jay winning was huge for him and some of the other big targets because it doesn't seem like this Dee/Jay/Rogan thing is slowing down.  Two episodes now where that has been a big focus.  Rogan wants to eat.

It also didn't seem like he utilized many of the hooks on the wall like Jay did.  The cinder block technique by Jay was the clincher I think.  
I definitely wouldn't have used the big chain/big rope. More effort to carry over there than anything else. And a lot less able to manipulate it like the small chain Jay got.

They did some heavy edit work to make the viewer think CT had it in the bag. Literally with just a couple minutes to go in the build, CT had nothing but a few knots with a big rope/big chain. It's harder to make the knots with a rope/chain that size than it is to undo them.

At the end CT looked like what would likely happen if someone from this forum tried to do that competition. Completely gassed and barely able to walk.

I'm assuming jay just keeps going in until he is gone.   CT played that terrible taking the larger rope, I knew he was screwed when he was wrapping a single rope around the entire bunker, total waste of time.

Thinking back to CT volunteering and how he just bounced down to the ring, what if Swaggy also wanted to go in?  I know they agreed beforehand that Swaggy didn't want to go in so it was up to CT...but I'm thinking how that might be an issue down the line.  First one to announce gets it...or maybe the 3rd tribunal member has to choose.  

really hoping TJ says tells rogan since Jay is injured (and probably leaving in an ambulance) no one gets a skull and better luck next time.

Rogan is such a #####, dude quit his first season and then begged and begged to not go into elims on the last show.   Now of course he's all gung ho and talking big about going in, against a guy he probably has 50 pounds of muscle on. 

mozzy84 said:
really hoping TJ says tells rogan since Jay is injured (and probably leaving in an ambulance) no one gets a skull and better luck next time.

Rogan is such a #####, dude quit his first season and then begged and begged to not go into elims on the last show.   Now of course he's all gung ho and talking big about going in, against a guy he probably has 50 pounds of muscle on. 
From the wheezing sound, believe he got the wind knock out of him.  

They better hope that if Jay is eliminated that his red skulls go back up for grabs.  Otherwise, that’s two slots in the final that no one else can win.

The way I would run this, if you win an elimination against someone who doesn’t have a red skull, you get one of the finite pool of skulls. Once the last of the red skulls in the pool have been won, the person nominated will have to be someone who already has a red skull.  If you beat someone who has red skulls, you get one of theirs.  If they had more than one, they stay in.  If you take their last red skull, they go home.  And it goes until the only people left have at least one red skull.  The smart strategy would then be to win as many red skulls as you can.  Not only would that qualify you for the final, it would make it harder to eliminate you from the game, and allow you to limit your competition in the final.

From the wheezing sound, believe he got the wind knock out of him.  
Very well could be.  The way the played up someone saying “look at his arm“.  When really his arm didn’t looked messed up to me.  Still can’t stand rogan lol 

They better hope that if Jay is eliminated that his red skulls go back up for grabs.  Otherwise, that’s two slots in the final that no one else can win.

The way I would run this, if you win an elimination against someone who doesn’t have a red skull, you get one of the finite pool of skulls. Once the last of the red skulls in the pool have been won, the person nominated will have to be someone who already has a red skull.  If you beat someone who has red skulls, you get one of theirs.  If they had more than one, they stay in.  If you take their last red skull, they go home.  And it goes until the only people left have at least one red skull.  The smart strategy would then be to win as many red skulls as you can.  Not only would that qualify you for the final, it would make it harder to eliminate you from the game, and allow you to limit your competition in the final.
Wouldn't that encourage throwing eliminations to your friends if you had more than 1?  I like the "do or die" aspect of the elimination...anything that brings in the potential of losing on purpose I'd probably be against.  

Wouldn't that encourage throwing eliminations to your friends if you had more than 1?  I like the "do or die" aspect of the elimination...anything that brings in the potential of losing on purpose I'd probably be against.  
They already lose on purpose. Usually just the challenges, but sometimes someone wants to go home. I would think that if someone gifted you a red skull like that though, you’d be marking yourself as an easy target for someone else to take a red skull from. Rather than trying to take it from someone who won one (or more) eliminations to get their red skulls, go after the guy who had someone win it for them.

Show is so much better when they just fit it all into one 1.5 hour show.   Hoping the rest of the season isn’t like this now.  They wasting way to much time on Zach and Jenna, no one cares about them anyways.  

Show is so much better when they just fit it all into one 1.5 hour show.   Hoping the rest of the season isn’t like this now.  They wasting way to much time on Zach and Jenna, no one cares about them anyways.  
100% chance zach has assaulted a female before.  Dude is just way too over the top with females

Rogan is one of the biggest toolboxes I've seen on this show.  Bends over backwards last season to never go to the killing floor (almost begging to avoid it) and then chomps at the bit when he has the chance to go against the physically weakest player on the show (as long as it's a physical challenge).  He then struts around like he knocked out Tyson when it's over.  

I am so hoping he ends up down there again and gets knocked out.

Mr. Landry said:
Rogan is one of the biggest toolboxes I've seen on this show.  Bends over backwards last season to never go to the killing floor (almost begging to avoid it) and then chomps at the bit when he has the chance to go against the physically weakest player on the show (as long as it's a physical challenge).  He then struts around like he knocked out Tyson when it's over.  

I am so hoping he ends up down there again and gets knocked out.
I understand what you're saying, but to be fair, not going to the killing floor was a direct path to the Final....and everyone is looking for a good matchup this season because they have to earn their way into the Final.  

pantherclub said:
100% chance zach has assaulted a female before.  Dude is just way too over the top with females
Pretty good chance that the reason he’s freaking out on Jenna is because he cheated with someone. He wants to go on the attack so that he can claim it was Jenna’s fault for having done whatever 2 years ago so she’ll forgive him for it.

She needs to break up with him and never interact with him again. She’s not strong enough to just be friends with him and not get back into bed with him. And he’s just going to continue to treat her poorly as long as they are together.

The "TBC" episodes suck but they've been doing them for multiple seasons.  Usually it gets back on track, but there will be a string of them now.  

I understand what you're saying, but to be fair, not going to the killing floor was a direct path to the Final....and everyone is looking for a good matchup this season because they have to earn their way into the Final.  
Yeah, I get that.  I guess it's more of the way he acts about it.  He appears to think he's some kind of Superman/Alpha Male because he wants to take on a guy half his size (but only if it's a physical challenge).  If you want man up and knock a guy out who kissed your "girlfriend", then man up and go after him.  Don't put qualifications on if you will or won't.  And also don't sit there and snide smile and act tough when you beat the weakest guy.   It just makes me want to see him humiliated.

Looks like years of being an ### on TV is finally getting these guys some "normal" acting chances.  Bananas is on the "Worst Cooks in America - Celebrity Edition" season that started tonight, and Jordan was on Friday's episode of "Blacklist".

Last week late at night on the "ABC Sports" channel, which I didn't even know was a channel, they had "Champs vs Stars" reruns, unfortunately it was episodes from season 3, and not season 1 when CT made TO quit.

And Jordan played a prisoner who was part of a group that the warden (played by Luke Duke) would sneak out of the prison to do contracted killings and stuff.  Jordan's prison nickname was "Fingers" and when being questioned had a line about not knowing much about fingerprints, while they zoomed in on his hand.

Users who are viewing this thread