Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheIronSheik

MTV's The Challenge (and other reality shows)

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Glad that juiced up midget is gone. Little man's syndrome at its finest :lol: 

Kyle is toast now that they're on their own as individuals. 

 

agreed on both counts here. watching kam throw up on herself was funny too :X

 

Was really hoping they would have kept the tie just to see TJ get all annoyed and to see what would have happened.   I would guess whoever had the relic would have gotten to choose whomever they wanted?  Would have made for good tv anyways

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm actually starting to come around on Kyle.  He makes me laugh.  And Kam needed to be knocked down a peg or two.  It's not that I don't like her, I just feel her head was getting too big.  To me, she's still new blood and she's acting like she's the Challenge Queen.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Bear goes out with a whimper :lol: 

Would have been nice to see Wes smash him.

He's been humbled!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbo needs to be on every challenge from here on out.  

 

What exactly did bear do wrong in that challenge?  He really screwed himself whatever he did 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, mozzy84 said:

What exactly did bear do wrong in that challenge?  He really screwed himself whatever he did 

He didn’t put the first two balls inside the bin, he dropped them next to the bin.  So his score went from 8 to 6 and knocked him out of the top 3

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mozzy84 said:

Turbo needs to be on every challenge from here on out.  

 

What exactly did bear do wrong in that challenge?  He really screwed himself whatever he did 

1) Agreed.  He's my new favorite newbie.  His broken English is 10x funnier when he's fuming mad. 

2) He didn't follow directions.

And how dumb is that blonde UK chick?  So gullible.  Wes saying that Bear was already calling his "cousin" sent my whole family into uncontrollable laughter.  Best line of the season, so far. :lmao:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

1) Agreed.  He's my new favorite newbie.  His broken English is 10x funnier when he's fuming mad. 

2) He didn't follow directions.

And how dumb is that blonde UK chick?  So gullible.  Wes saying that Bear was already calling his "cousin" sent my whole family into uncontrollable laughter.  Best line of the season, so far. :lmao:

Hunter was legit scared of Turbo and was trying to make amends.  Turbo must be some special ops eastern russia type dude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

Hunter was legit scared of Turbo and was trying to make amends.  Turbo must be some special ops eastern russia type dude

Funny thing is, with no sound, Turbo is very scary.  Probably like CT early years scary.  But I just can't take him seriously with his broken English.  I forget what he yelled but we were cracking up.  And if it was said in normal English, it would have been terrifying.  But the added word or missing word made it hilarious.

I want him to be on every show from now on.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheIronSheik said:

Funny thing is, with no sound, Turbo is very scary.  Probably like CT early years scary.  But I just can't take him seriously with his broken English.  I forget what he yelled but we were cracking up.  And if it was said in normal English, it would have been terrifying.  But the added word or missing word made it hilarious.

I want him to be on every show from now on.  

When they did a close up on Georgia when she was laying down her skin complexion was brutal and she had a hairy face.  Maybe that explains her need for bear and her low self confidence.  Her saying she would do anything for him was funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

When they did a close up on Georgia when she was laying down her skin complexion was brutal and she had a hairy face.  Maybe that explains her need for bear and her low self confidence.  Her saying she would do anything for him was funny.

She looks like she puts on makeup with a spackle knife.  I loved when Hunter lied to her and she not only bought it, but she did her interview and raved about how nice Hunter was and how much she could trust him now.  It really showed just how gullible some people can be.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheIronSheik said:

She looks like she puts on makeup with a spackle knife.  I loved when Hunter lied to her and she not only bought it, but she did her interview and raved about how nice Hunter was and how much she could trust him now.  It really showed just how gullible some people can be.  

To be fair she has a smoking body though and has no problem showing it off so theres that.

 

But when  you get outsmarted by the neanderthal that is Hunter its time to look in the mirror

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

1) Agreed.  He's my new favorite newbie.  His broken English is 10x funnier when he's fuming mad. 

2) He didn't follow directions.

And how dumb is that blonde UK chick?  So gullible.  Wes saying that Bear was already calling his "cousin" sent my whole family into uncontrollable laughter.  Best line of the season, so far. :lmao:

I don't like Wes, but that was good, I'll give credit where credit is due.  He's actually been halfway watchable this season to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobcat10 said:

I don't like Wes, but that was good, I'll give credit where credit is due.  He's actually been halfway watchable this season to me.

I used to hate Wes and Bananas.  But as the years have gone on, I've grown to appreciate them.  I wouldn't say I like them.  But they are definitely fun to watch.  

Kind of in the same way I'll probably eventually grow to enjoy watching Bear on future episodes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We watched Double Shot Of Love yesterday.  Wife and daughter thought it looked promising.  I was going to pass on it because it looked dumb.  Glad I didn't.  It's so bad.  And I mean that in the best way possible.  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 1:31 PM, TheIronSheik said:

I used to hate Wes and Bananas.  But as the years have gone on, I've grown to appreciate them.  I wouldn't say I like them.  But they are definitely fun to watch.  

Kind of in the same way I'll probably eventually grow to enjoy watching Bear on future episodes.

I'm kinda the opposite.  I've liked Wes since the beginning.  I even liked him on his season of RW.  Really the only interesting one that season.  Plus he ended up bagging KellyAnne....who got plastic-y a few years later but was smoking hot at one point.

Bear was a bit much for me early on, but he quickly grew on me.  The perfect villain.  And I find him hilarious.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wes is far and away my favorite from the Challenge and Real World as a whole. Austin is probably my favorite Real World season. Hunter seems like an equally dumb, better competitor version of Danny from Wes's Real World season on these challenges.

In his Wes's favor, Johnny Bananas has always been much easier to hate IMO. JMO They are going to have to start to unite if they want to stand any chance of lasting on these challenges if this format continues in the future. There's a lot younger/quicker/stronger/juiced up competitors out there now.

 

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Wes is far and away my favorite from the Challenge and Real World as a whole. Austin is probably my favorite Real World season. Hunter seems like an equally dumb, better competitor version of Danny from Wes's Real World season on these challenges.

In his Wes's favor, Johnny Bananas has always been much easier to hate IMO. JMO They are going to have to start to unite if they want to stand any chance of lasting on these challenges if this format continues in the future. There's a lot younger/quicker/stronger/juiced up competitors out there now.

 

I believe both Bananas and Wes have publicly said they would never, ever work with each other.  No matter what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bye bye Nany :cry:  Still the hottest cast member far and away IMO, but it's probably the end of the road for her on challenges. She's not strong enough competitor and doesn't have #s on her side.

Season's dragging on a bit. Terrible they did a "To be Continued..." for a girls elimination last week. Imagine feuding over Cara Maria :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty hilarious she flips out on turbo and he ends up winning that challenge.   I don’t blame him for writing her off.  

 

Really wish they they would have stuck with the format of someone going home at the end of the episode instead of the beginning.  It’s cheap and annoying doing it like that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand the whole Turbo being upset with Ninja Natalie.  She was mad.  Who cares?  It's called being a competitor.  She didn't verbally abuse him.  She didn't say anything mean or hurtful to him.  I'd say he acted more like a girl than a man, but even my 15 year old daughter, "Suck it up, buttercup" when he broke down in tears.  

Also, smart move by Wes to ask for volunteers, right?  99.9% chance that Paulie takes him up on that offer.  He's to prideful not to.  I only say .1% chance because he's P-whipped and might get talked back to reality by Cara.  Regardless, I still think he beats a hobbled Kyle, but my guess is he goes in.  '

And just when I was starting to really like Kyle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

I don't understand the whole Turbo being upset with Ninja Natalie.  She was mad.  Who cares?  It's called being a competitor.  She didn't verbally abuse him.  She didn't say anything mean or hurtful to him.  I'd say he acted more like a girl than a man, but even my 15 year old daughter, "Suck it up, buttercup" when he broke down in tears.  

Also, smart move by Wes to ask for volunteers, right?  99.9% chance that Paulie takes him up on that offer.  He's to prideful not to.  I only say .1% chance because he's P-whipped and might get talked back to reality by Cara.  Regardless, I still think he beats a hobbled Kyle, but my guess is he goes in.  '

And just when I was starting to really like Kyle.

Thought maybe wes was baiting Pauli to volunteer then they vote in hunter who probably beats him...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, stlrams said:

Thought maybe wes was baiting Pauli to volunteer then they vote in hunter who probably beats him...

I guess that could work.  But honestly, I'm confused by the whole thing.  Didn't Paulie try to "volunteer" earlier to go against Kyle and TJ told him to STHU?  Pretty much shut down his whole "LOOK AT ME!" attempt?  Or was that another season?  Not sure why he'd be allowed to volunteer this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

I don't understand the whole Turbo being upset with Ninja Natalie.  She was mad.  Who cares?  It's called being a competitor.  She didn't verbally abuse him.  She didn't say anything mean or hurtful to him.  I'd say he acted more like a girl than a man, but even my 15 year old daughter, "Suck it up, buttercup" when he broke down in tears.  

I dunno I thought she was acting like a total b!tch for zero reason.  it wasn't even a female elimination so why sit and freak out on the guy and try and make him look bad, especially when he was working his tail off the whole time, it wasn't like he quit. Not to mention they didn't even know if they won or lost yet.  Good entertainment regardless lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

Also, smart move by Wes to ask for volunteers, right?  99.9% chance that Paulie takes him up on that offer.  He's to prideful not to.  I only say .1% chance because he's P-whipped and might get talked back to reality by Cara.  Regardless, I still think he beats a hobbled Kyle, but my guess is he goes in.  '

And just when I was starting to really like Kyle.

I think it's just posturing for entertainment value. No way he puts himself at risk when he can go into the final with a million dollars on the line. I think Wes knows there is very little chance that Paulie would go in and is just needling him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

I don't understand the whole Turbo being upset with Ninja Natalie.  She was mad.  Who cares?  It's called being a competitor.  She didn't verbally abuse him.  She didn't say anything mean or hurtful to him.  I'd say he acted more like a girl than a man, but even my 15 year old daughter, "Suck it up, buttercup" when he broke down in tears.  

I'm on the other side. the challenge was not about speed, it was about weight, and he had it right the whole time. and she was definitely yelling at him, which is d-baggy anyway, but especially when his strategy was right. he actually seems like a good dude, so I wouldn't be surprised if he forgives her eventually.

I actually liked Dee since the beginning, but she lost points in my eyes for attacking him, and then instigating #### later on, without even being part of the issue. both of those girls can kick rocks. go Mattie!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shrugs said:

I think it's just posturing for entertainment value. No way he puts himself at risk when he can go into the final with a million dollars on the line. I think Wes knows there is very little chance that Paulie would go in and is just needling him.

I think this is the big thing.  They all know that the more they act up, the better value they are to the show.  That's why I don't think it was that crazy for her to blow up.  It looks good for the camera.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Maik Jeaunz said:

I'm on the other side. the challenge was not about speed, it was about weight, and he had it right the whole time. and she was definitely yelling at him, which is d-baggy anyway, but especially when his strategy was right. he actually seems like a good dude, so I wouldn't be surprised if he forgives her eventually.

I actually liked Dee since the beginning, but she lost points in my eyes for attacking him, and then instigating #### later on, without even being part of the issue. both of those girls can kick rocks. go Mattie!

Sure, he was right.  And I like him, too.  But I think he's taking it a little too personal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheIronSheik said:

Sure, he was right.  And I like him, too.  But I think he's taking it a little too personal.  

I totally agree on that, but I think with Turbo there is no gray area. he's either happy & joking or trying to assassinate you.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how Hunter and Mattie did so poorly while thinking they did so well (and also probably being the two strongest of each gender). Maybe just that mistake with the fridge slowing them down. But Turbo not quite making it with his big load didn't stop them from being top 3.

Edited by Shrugs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Sure, he was right.  And I like him, too.  But I think he's taking it a little too personal.  

It was one line she said that really seemed to set him off.  Seemed like he was trying to take it in stride, but she was relentless like she wasn't going to stop until it got crazy.  I wish someone stepped up FOR Turbo (or tried to cool Ninja off) especially after Dee started getting loud at Turbo.  I know it's a game and nobody wants to get in the crossfire, but I thought those women were being ridiculous.  

Ninja's regret afterwards shows how out of line she was too.  Turbo will come around.  Forgive, but not forget, type mentality.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shrugs said:

I wonder how Hunter and Mattie did so poorly while thinking they did so well (and also probably being the two strongest of each gender). Maybe just that mistake with the fridge slowing them down. But Turbo not quite making it with his big load didn't stop them from being top 3.

Hunter has been horrible this season.

Outside of Kyle remaining, I think he's easily the worst player and a layup if these remaining guys face him in final. Guy has nowhere near the tank of the other guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Hunter has been horrible this season.

Outside of Kyle remaining, I think he's easily the worst player and a layup if these remaining guys face him in final. Guy has nowhere near the tank of the other guys.

Turbo would eat his face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2019 at 4:49 PM, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Hunter has been horrible this season.

Outside of Kyle remaining, I think he's easily the worst player and a layup if these remaining guys face him in final. Guy has nowhere near the tank of the other guys.

Was he ever good?  I feel like he's a lot of talk and not much in the way of results.  And the guy is dumb as a rock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

Was he ever good?  I feel like he's a lot of talk and not much in the way of results.  And the guy is dumb as a rock.

He carried what's her face to half million when she declined to share it with him. 

Yeah he's just a complete moron. If it's not something physical he's got no chance against remaining people. And turbo will smoke him in anything physical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

He carried what's her face to half million when she declined to share it with him. 

Yeah he's just a complete moron. If it's not something physical he's got no chance against remaining people. And turbo will smoke him in anything physical.

As I said, my memory isn't what it used to be.  So I couldn't remember if he carried her or if she held her own.  As much as I dislike that plastic face monstrosity, she does seem to be an above average competitor.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

As I said, my memory isn't what it used to be.  So I couldn't remember if he carried her or if she held her own.  As much as I dislike that plastic face monstrosity, she does seem to be an above average competitor.   

On the cast she was on, probably so. Right place, right time. She got to avoid the actual good competitors (Emily/Laurel). Girl's casts have been lackluster for awhile.

I think both the mens and womens casts have been seriously upgraded. Wasn't long ago to when that racist POS Camila was one of the show's best competitors. Girls like Mattie, Ninja would just smoke both her and what's her face.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

On the cast she was on, probably so. Right place, right time. She got to avoid the actual good competitors (Emily/Laurel). Girl's casts have been lackluster for awhile.

I think both the mens and womens casts have been seriously upgraded. Wasn't long ago to when that racist POS Camila was one of the show's best competitors. Girls like Mattie, Ninja would just smoke both her and what's her face.

Last season was Ashley's second win. And she beat him in the final bit which allowed her to choose not to share the million with him. She's not the best and a total drama queen, but she's a good competitor. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way turbo isn't on every challenge from here on out :wub:.    dude takes first and does a front flip out of that plane without even thinking about it lol

Edited by mozzy84
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mozzy84 said:

No way turbo isn't on every challenge from here on out :wub:.    dude takes first and does a front flip out of that plane without even thinking about it lol

told my wife the same thing. he didn't even pause. total animal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Maik Jeaunz said:

told my wife the same thing. he didn't even pause. total animal.

"You come to war.... I take back."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to the NFL draft activities and Panini had a booth set up where your kids could get their picture taken and had mock football cards emailed to you.  Looks like they had hired a few models to work the booth.  While the wife and I were waiting in line with the kids to get their picture made, she nudged me and asked if one of them looked familiar.  Then she recognized her, it was Ashley K from The Challenge, and she is absolutely smoking 😍. You should definitely check out her instagram. 

My wife asked Ashley if she was doing any more of the challenges and she just kinda laughed and sad probably not.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

glad Paulie is out. he's clearly a good athlete, but kind of a turd as a person. it's okay to show a little humility once in a while. constantly shouting "I'm the best! I'm the best!" makes it that much sweeter to others when you fail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Maik Jeaunz said:

glad Paulie is out. he's clearly a good athlete, but kind of a turd as a person. it's okay to show a little humility once in a while. constantly shouting "I'm the best! I'm the best!" makes it that much sweeter to others when you fail. 

Totally agree.  And you can't have that much bravado, screaming how amazing you are and how much of a god you are, then cry like a girl when you lose.

I never thought I'd utter these words, but I'm really hoping Wes wins this thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.