What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MTV's The Challenge (and other reality shows) (3 Viewers)

Love Bananas harping on doing what's best for the team......after throwing a mission. No one believes a word that he says anymore. Karma for Lauren/him accusing Wes of sabotaging team and then them actually doing it....... :bye:  

Same thing happened to US people last season They have years and years of built up animosity toward each other and pick each other off because they can't work together.

Brits slowly but surely moving that direction though. Throwing Theo in was stupid. Athletically he's far and away their best player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love Bananas harping on doing what's best for the team......after throwing a mission. No one believes a word that he says anymore. Karma for Lauren/him accusing Wes of sabotaging team and then them actually doing it....... :bye:  

Same thing happened to US people last season They have years and years of built up animosity toward each other and pick each other off because they can't work together.

Brits slowly but surely moving that direction though. Throwing Theo in was stupid. Athletically he's far and away their best player.
Agreed, but Laurel/Johnny weren't wrong.  Wes was leveraging the Brits hard and campaigning against the US.  Part of the game, I know.  But let's not act like Wes was innocent (think of how Michie steamrolled Tommy this year during BB).  

I love how when everyone and their mother knew that Bananas was next on the chopping block, that alliance was like, "Look.  Maybe we should start playing as a team and not vote each other in."  Yeah.  Ok.  :rolleyes:

And I love how Josh is blown away that people would vote their own team in.  And also that Paulie went against his wishes and played his own game.  How quickly Josh forgets he just did the same exact thing to Paulie 3 episodes ago.  I hate that guy.

And I'm love how the people who keep bragging about how great they are keep getting picked off.   :lol:   Shut your mouth.  CT is playing a perfect game so far, although Theo blowing up his game for no reason.  

And I'm love how the people who keep bragging about how great they are keep getting picked off.   :lol:   Shut your mouth.  CT is playing a perfect game so far, although Theo blowing up his game for no reason.  
I love what CT is doing. he says "who's voting for Theo?" and then doesn't raise his own hand until he sees the majority. totally under the radar, I think Theo is the only one who's noticed, but he would be smart not to poke the bear.

Paulie is quickly climbing the ranks of most disliked player ever for me. dude, stop talking like you're a G. nobody likes you, and nobody is scared of you. part of me wishes the old CT was still around to smash his head 'n eat it.

Refreshing episode for the most part not having to listen to Bananas. I think Bananas neck snapped when Paulie said his name for elimination :lmao:  Paulie may be annoying himself and not proven anything on these but Bananas isn't going to have #s on these things IMO anymore. He's done nothing on these things either since he decided to keep all the $$ with Sarah. He and Wes's lines of bull#### don't work anymore and they aren't the amongst the best competitors anymore.

They're trying waaaaaaay too hard trying to get people interested with Josh. Guy is just dull. Watching security hold back 5'5'' 150lb Paulie was funny though.

Nany needs to go. Plays the same scared game as Bananas. She's just like Paula was....expecting to skate to the finals even though just a average/below average girl competitor. At least she's not throwing challenges...yet. She didn't say Jenny's name....not sure why she was constantly #####ing about being scared leading up to. Jenny's not going away, why not try to have someone else take her out? Nany's been on these things for a decade and still an awful competitor. Took almost a decade, but Leroy showed he can make a decision on his own.

I couldnt stand to watch the elimination. Did the other girl facing Jenny ever even jump back into the tube? :lmao:  

UK team are idiots but their trivia questions seemed harder overall. Except for "How many seconds in 5 minutes?" ....and I think she answered 50 (?).  :lmao:  I think the girl that got eliminated on the episode gave that answer. She deserved to be eliminated just for that.

Craig_MiamiFL said:
Nany needs to go. Plays the same scared game as Bananas. She's just like Paula was....expecting to skate to the finals even though just a average/below average girl competitor. At least she's not throwing challenges...yet. She didn't say Jenny's name....not sure why she was constantly #####ing about being scared leading up to. Jenny's not going away, why not try to have someone else take her out?
Nany’s been playing this game for a long time. In her experience, when you throw someone into elimination you set yourself as an enemy of theirs. Strong players are likely to win the elimination and come back to the house. If they’re back in the house, there’s a chance they will be able to nominate someone for elimination at some point. They are much more likely to nominate someone who nominated them than make themselves a possible target for someone new. So Nany’s reasoning is to nominate a weak player who will lose and never have the chance to nominate her in revenge. Nany is not one of the stronger competitors and she knows that if she ends up in elimination, she’s likely going home.

She’s not wrong as far as that reasoning goes. There have been many times that someone has been thrown into elimination by someone they had thrown in earlier just because they threw that person in.  The problem is that means that you are eliminating the weaker players early, so late in the game the competition is going to all be strong players, which is why Nany never gets past a certain point.

Nany is not attractive and super annoying.  I was so happy to see Leroy make a move that benefited his game for once.  Really pulling for him.  

She was afraid Jenny would come back for her?  Such a scared move. 

Listened to Bananas talk on the podcast and he's super annoying.  Even more so in real life.  He's one of those people who thinks he's smarter than everyone but everyone knows he's an idiot.  He was trying to convince everyone he didn't mind going home early because it was better for TV and he's always looking out for the show before his game.  Yeah.  Ok.  :rolleyes:  

Nany is not attractive and super annoying.  I was so happy to see Leroy make a move that benefited his game for once.  Really pulling for him.  

Listened to Bananas talk on the podcast and he's super annoying.  Even more so in real life.  He's one of those people who thinks he's smarter than everyone but everyone knows he's an idiot.  He was trying to convince everyone he didn't mind going home early because it was better for TV and he's always looking out for the show before his game.  Yeah.  Ok.  :rolleyes:  
Nany however has it right, Leroy is the first guy they will be gunning for when the rubber meets the road.   IMO they should have just said eff it and thrown Cara marie in just to keep that alliance on its toes.  That glass wall looked like no joke. 

Georgia rear though.  My lord

What podcast are you referencing?

He did get to go to the Emmys cuz he got the boot early from what I heard.

No more Georgia obsessing about Bear the rest of the season!!! :excited:  

I didn't watch the episode that closely (so don't know if mentioned) but I think Team USA voted Joss so Bear wouldn't defect to their team :lol:  

Serious spoilers (beyond the others I've posted before)

Turbo gets kicked off the show at some point. I thought this would be the episode but I guess not

Turbo and Bear might be a few of the best new characters the show has ever seen. Love watching them both. I really like Theo too but he's not so much a "character".

The Joss/Rogan dynamic is a little too friendly NTTAWWT

Kayleigh getting no screen time - I'd like to see her in swimsuits more often.

Can Esther please go home?

Speaking of casting, what's with the commercials asking random people if they want to try out for the show?  Why are they going to be putting random people on the show?
(Sorta) Pros vs. Joes reboot :excited:  

Though it could be bad (because there's probably not enough of them still in shape enough.....and probably don't want to leave their careers), I want to see an Old School cast vs. New School. Well we know Anessa will be available to do it :lmao:  

Hate them as you may, Paulie and Jordan are two of the best characters on this show in recent memory. They need to be on every season. I think Paulie has even surpassed Bananas as such a divisive but exciting person to see in the game. 

Georgia is also really starting to grow on me. The rest of the cast can never come back and I'd not care (I guess I like Theo too). 

Some random shots on the season at just after the midway point (even though I knew most of the outcome before [I know someone ;)  ] )...anything below will not be spoilers. 

- One of the better half seasons so far

- The US vs UK thing is a little ill-conceived but gives some of the UK folks time to shine for future seasons. I think Theo and Georgia are doing great jobs. They seem to be giving Joss and Rogan a lot of screen time as well which bodes well for their involvement in future seasons.

- I'm glad we got through a lot of the forgettable characters relatively quickly (Idris, Esther, etc). I hope to not see them back. Let Josh go soon please. 

- I love CT's new role as the patriarch in these challenges. From trying to smash Adam's head and eat it, to being the most laid back dude in the house has been a cool transition to see. 

- I find so many of these people detestable but so entertaining (always hated Bananas): e.g. Ashley, Cara Maria (she's actually not that entertaining anymore tbh, she needs to retire) , Paulie, Jordan, Tory.

- Former divisive veterans have really come full circle into just background challenge personalities and you can feel them handing off the torch: Zack, Nany, Wes (I mean, he really needs to retire), even Bananas. 

- This show is getting better with age, but I would love an old school version with the old crews like Big Easy, Mark from Road Rules, Coral, Paula Walnuts, Trishelle, Landon, the entire original Las Vegas RW cast just for a The Challenge: nostalgia. Please make it happen before these people are all 60. 

- The challenges themselves are getting a little dumb and repetitive. Take a zip line into the water, swim around a buoy, pick up a puzzle piece and make a puzzle. Meh.

- This season should go like old Survivor seasons where they don't get that many extra people but get to choose the people from their team who would sit out the challenge to even out the numbers. It's still an advantage and would cause more drama.

- I never want to meet Turbo by accidentally bumping into him at a bar. He should be in MMA. 

Hate them as you may, Paulie and Jordan are two of the best characters on this show in recent memory. They need to be on every season. I think Paulie has even surpassed Bananas as such a divisive but exciting person to see in the game. 

Georgia is also really starting to grow on me. The rest of the cast can never come back and I'd not care (I guess I like Theo too). 
Paulie is terrible. 

Of all the things to send someone over the top. .........

Not trying to be an ### or anything but can jordan fight with just one hand? 
It's Turbo. You could poorly critique a batch of hummus his mom made and he'd probably beat the #### out of you just for fun. 

Did they say Idris cannot swim or cannot swim very well?  Kindof a big difference.  I know he didnt do well in that bouy comp but I dont recall him just doggie paddling or whatever.  And also I think they have gone away from the long swims since they about killed Big E that one challenge.

Did they say Idris cannot swim or cannot swim very well?  Kindof a big difference.  I know he didnt do well in that bouy comp but I dont recall him just doggie paddling or whatever.  And also I think they have gone away from the long swims since they about killed Big E that one challenge.
I never buy that line either (who do you want to run a final with). These guys know there will be some kind of twist too where Idris will probably not be on your team by season's end. I would have just told him he's a rookie and hasn't gone into elimination. That's enough to throw him in. 

I loved Jordan's comment to Cara that was along the lines of "OK, I will stop poking you with my fingers now."

I think Paulie has even surpassed Bananas as such a divisive but exciting person to see in the game. 
I think so too. 

Midget with a big mouth and temper that's accomplished absolutely zero on these Challenges is a funny storyline. Seems he got all his confidence from being with someone that's actually won something on the challenges.

I'm surprised CT hasn't been thrown in yet. Then again, this Rogan character gassed out 10 minutes into last season and somehow skating through. CT looks far bigger than he's ever been. Would be shocked if he's able to finish a final in the condition he's in. 39 years old. Gotta wonder how many of these he's got left. 

Lot of talk about Turbo, but have we seen him actually fight?  I knew a lot of guys in my life who were big talkers and full of muscles that couldn't fight worth a damn.  I know CT can fight.  I'm not sold on Turbo being as scary as old school CT.

Lot of talk about Turbo, but have we seen him actually fight?  I knew a lot of guys in my life who were big talkers and full of muscles that couldn't fight worth a damn.  I know CT can fight.  I'm not sold on Turbo being as scary as old school CT.
It’s the mystic around martial arts that turbo brings to a fight.  Adds another fear factor.

It’s the mystic around martial arts that turbo brings to a fight.  Adds another fear factor.
I've also seen people talk about their martial arts training that also couldn't fight worth a damn.  I'm not saying he's not a fighter, but I like to see someone fight before I think of them as a scary fighter.

Well, even CT admits he is scared of Turbo
I think he's saying that because 1) he's old and fat and 2) it makes for good TV.  

Again, I'm not saying Turbo might not be the next CT.  I'm just saying I want to see some proof before I give him the crown.  Sure, he's great at throwing temper tantrums.  And I thoroughly enjoy watching the guy.  But let's see him battle.  Has he gone to an elimination yet?  I can't remember.

I'm surprised CT hasn't been thrown in yet. Then again, this Rogan character gassed out 10 minutes into last season and somehow skating through. CT looks far bigger than he's ever been. Would be shocked if he's able to finish a final in the condition he's in. 39 years old. Gotta wonder how many of these he's got left. 
His time is probably coming, but he's done a good job staying in the middle letting the sides fight.  Leading that elimination table at times too has helped him.  I also wonder if they fear him winning an elimination and jumping to the US even though they slighted him by picking Turbo.  

I think he's saying that because 1) he's old and fat and 2) it makes for good TV.  

Again, I'm not saying Turbo might not be the next CT.  I'm just saying I want to see some proof before I give him the crown.  Sure, he's great at throwing temper tantrums.  And I thoroughly enjoy watching the guy.  But let's see him battle.  Has he gone to an elimination yet?  I can't remember.
Turbo has never been in an elimination.  He was too busy being in a ton of tribunals on the season he won.

Should have just called in champs vs rookies.  That UK team is so terrible.  Just think how huge the US team would be if they didn't cannibalize their own teammates.

DONT COPY MY WALK!!!!!   Tough guy Turbo's gone :lmao:   Wonder if he hit/shoved someone on production for them just to dump him.

Good to see Leroy grow a set after a decade. Nany needs to go. She does nothing for Leroy. Only girl I think Nany could beat in an elimination on US side is Ashley. 

As easy as it is to dislike Jordan, much easier to dislike midget Paulie who has done zero in the game.

There's so much dead weight still in the game (Nany/that black bltch on UK team whose name I don't know/Josh/Rogan). Tori moved to UK. Hopefully Jordan makes it over there too. He's the best US competitor left IMO. I don't even think any of the guys left on Team USA could finish the final if it's as brutal as last season.

Could someone explain Kayleigh’s logic in picking Georgia?
She has always hated Georgia and Georgia isn’t in her alliance. This isn’t the first time they’ve thrown her in.

Maybe Tori and Jordan would have done better not to broadcast their plan.

Users who are viewing this thread