What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MTV's The Challenge (and other reality shows) (1 Viewer)

Jordan is a big talker.  I love the fact that he told everyone that not picking CT was the smart move because CT was old and useless.  Then Jordan got beat by CT in the challenge.  :lol:

Jordan absolutely wiped the floor with Theo in the hammer challenge.

Paulie after Jordan dominated: "Me and Jordan are a lot alike" :lmao:  No you're not moron, Jordan's won this show a couple times and one of the best that's been on these shows IMO

Jordan absolutely wiped the floor with Theo in the hammer challenge.

Paulie after Jordan dominated: "Me and Jordan are a lot alike" :lmao:  No you're not moron, Jordan's won this show a couple times and one of the best that's been on these shows IMO
They are alike in the fact they are both ###holes.  And as soon as Jordan said he was in construction, it was over.  If you don't know how to swing a sledgehammer, you have no chance of beating someone who does.  Last year, when I was out at construction sites for my job, I could put the young bucks to shame with my sledgehammering skills.  You can be a big, muscular dude, but if you don't have the form down, you're done.  That's why Jordan didn't panic when Theo pulled ahead.

I'm still interested to see how this game plays at the end.  No way teams will win money, right?  It's got to turn into an individual competition at some point, I would think.  And if you know, don't say.  I know there have been massive spoilers even before this season started.  

They are alike in the fact they are both ###holes.  And as soon as Jordan said he was in construction, it was over.  If you don't know how to swing a sledgehammer, you have no chance of beating someone who does.  Last year, when I was out at construction sites for my job, I could put the young bucks to shame with my sledgehammering skills.  You can be a big, muscular dude, but if you don't have the form down, you're done.  That's why Jordan didn't panic when Theo pulled ahead.

I'm still interested to see how this game plays at the end.  No way teams will win money, right?  It's got to turn into an individual competition at some point, I would think.  And if you know, don't say.  I know there have been massive spoilers even before this season started.  
Thats what I was assuming.   Some sort of merge or getting rid of the US vs UK thing.   Being the one alliance has total control and is not flipping the show has gotten stale the last couple weeks.   And there still seems to be a ton of people left?  

Production knows who has a shot at getting chosen.  Sure seems like they through in the hammer elimination at the perfect time for Jordan to win and propose. 

Yeah it was over before it started. He mentioned he's worked construction a few years back and destroyed Zack in a hammer challenge many challenges ago. No one was beating him in that challenge. You do have to wonder about the timing of that particular chalenge/proposal.

Theo very well may have been the best guy left as far as competition for the final next to Jordan. Most of those guys left can't run long distances. That Rogan goof lasted 5 minutes on last show because he completely gassed. I can only imagine CT if he makes it. I can't see him making it either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it was over before it started. He mentioned he's worked construction a few years back and destroyed Zack in a hammer challenge many challenges ago. No one was beating him in that challenge. You do have to wonder about the timing of that particular chalenge/proposal.

Theo very well may have been the best guy left as far as competition for the final next to Jordan. Most of those guys left can't run long distances. That Rogan goof lasted 5 minutes on last show because he completely gassed. I can only imagine CT if he makes it. I can't see him making it either.
The thing about CT is, he's like an old steam engine train.  He doesn't look like he can do it, but he was in that final a couple seasons ago where they had to run up the mountain.  Even on the podcast, the fittest people all say that CT manages to do well in finals even with his dad bod.  Not saying he's a huge threat, but I'd take him over someone who can't swim.

I gotta ask, and I apologize if this was answered somewhere before, but how do you win this season?

Is it that once one "country" is eliminated then the remaining country splits the money?

Do they whittle both sides down and then go to an individual competition?

I've looked around online and can't find any explanation.

I guess I am stupid because I am not following any of this strategy at all.  Why would Paulie want to throw a weaker girl from the opposing team?  Why didnt CT and crew just vote dee in in the tribunal?  Why in the hell are they protecting Kayleigh?   Why throw in Tori the strongest girl.  None of this is making sense.

I guess I am stupid because I am not following any of this strategy at all.  Why would Paulie want to throw a weaker girl from the opposing team?  Why didnt CT and crew just vote dee in in the tribunal?  Why in the hell are they protecting Kayleigh?   Why throw in Tori the strongest girl.  None of this is making sense.
I was a little confused this week as well.  I know like a month ago at the beginning of one or two episodes, they really tried to force home who was on what side between the teams.  That goes in one ear and out the other with me.  Since the two major alliances leak across teams, it makes following what's going on with strategy tough.  

I also don't understand why CT threw the challenge and picked his side during that comp when he's been reluctant to do so all season in more pressure packed moments.  What was the downside of a Brit+CT victory this week from his perspective?  

Did anyone else notice TJ did not give Tori the option to switch sides again after her win?  Interesting.

I gotta ask, and I apologize if this was answered somewhere before, but how do you win this season?

Is it that once one "country" is eliminated then the remaining country splits the money?

Do they whittle both sides down and then go to an individual competition?

I've looked around online and can't find any explanation.
*I think* in the past, the team/partner seasons usually end up going individual at some point during the season with the final being individual.  I never recall this being explained prior to it happening.  I'm guessing it has more to do with who's getting eliminated (like for this season, the US team has alot more people than the Brits at this point....so I'm expecting a shake up soon).  

I haven't seen the latest episode, but I was discussing this with my wife the other night.  If it's teams (Brits who are left vs. Americans who are left) the "Brits" team is almost certainly going to be CT, Jordan, Tori, and whoever is left making up the difference in the number of people.  There's no one on the Americans team who can come even close to matching that group in a final.

Edit: Best I could come up with was Leroy, Paulie, Cara.  Three on three they'd get demolished.

I was a little confused this week as well.  I know like a month ago at the beginning of one or two episodes, they really tried to force home who was on what side between the teams.  That goes in one ear and out the other with me.  Since the two major alliances leak across teams, it makes following what's going on with strategy tough.  

I also don't understand why CT threw the challenge and picked his side during that comp when he's been reluctant to do so all season in more pressure packed moments.  What was the downside of a Brit+CT victory this week from his perspective?  

Did anyone else notice TJ did not give Tori the option to switch sides again after her win?  Interesting.
I think it was a realization from Rogan/Joss that their half of the large alliance was the weaker half and if it ended up with just the alliance left they would have no chance.  Add in that now the Brits have Jordan and Tori they may have realized by cutting their fat they may have a chance to win it all now.  Rogan wanted to be able to get Dee kicked out without any blood on his hands so he had to make a move now before the numbers were too little for "others" to vote her in.  Leroy having a concience screwed up his plan.

You can only flip once.  I think in one of the first episodes TJ mentioned it.

I think it was a realization from Rogan/Joss that their half of the large alliance was the weaker half and if it ended up with just the alliance left they would have no chance.  Add in that now the Brits have Jordan and Tori they may have realized by cutting their fat they may have a chance to win it all now.  Rogan wanted to be able to get Dee kicked out without any blood on his hands so he had to make a move now before the numbers were too little for "others" to vote her in.  Leroy having a concience screwed up his plan.

You can only flip once.  I think in one of the first episodes TJ mentioned it.
Ok, I'm with you mostly......but Brits win, nominate CT, and CT chooses Joss and any other person to form the tribunal.  US puts in whoever.  Tribunal (CT and Joss) vote in Dee.  Maybe the issue is getting CT and Joss in the tribunal together, but other than that I'm not seeing how Rogan gets caught in the middle since at the end of the day he doesn't have a vote.  

I think he was trying to figure out how to do it without the Brit side of the alliance doing any of it.  "Sorry Dee, we voted in Tori, the Americans voted you in, hope you win, love you!!"

CT's "F it, if I throw it I am doing it obvious" doesn't really fit that scenario though.  Seems if they just slipped off the platform a few times, maybe went a little slower they could have accomplished the tank.  The only Brit guy who wasn't in on it was Jordan right, as long as he isn't the "blocker" they could easly figure out how to let more American guys finish.

Yeah, the plan was conducted horribly. Can’t make it obvious you’re throwing the challenge. Then why does Paulie allow that tribunal? Maybe with Leroy possibly being thought of as a wild card, it wouldn’t be obvious when they throw in Dee that doing Rogan’s bidding. But for the plan to work it needed there needed to be a tribunal that chose Dee and wasn’t obviously being controlled by Rogan. Not sure how that could have worked, but it failed here all around.

What I'm not understanding is this strategy behind the cross team alliance. Maybe early on it made sense to work across teams so everyone in your alliance was safe, but I also didn't know CT was even a part of it in the beginning. They are getting close to the end now and will presumably be competing in teams. Why would Paulie and Cara want to go up against CT, Joss, and Rogan at the end as opposed to people like Dee who is completely loyal to them and they can beat?

I feel like there is some sort of complex strategy going on, but they aren't showing any of it. I would rather see that than the drama/fighting.

I believe (and I could be wrong) they wanted Dee in but they didn't want it to look like they put her in.  But I'm not sure how they thought that would work with Ninja on the other team.  That didn't make sense.  But I thought the reason they put Tori in was that they knew Tori would take out Dee.  So they can control who the person was to beat Dee.

Does that make sense?  Because I keep trying to clarify it and I feel like I'm not doing a good job.

I believe (and I could be wrong) they wanted Dee in but they didn't want it to look like they put her in.  But I'm not sure how they thought that would work with Ninja on the other team.  That didn't make sense.  But I thought the reason they put Tori in was that they knew Tori would take out Dee.  So they can control who the person was to beat Dee.

Does that make sense?  Because I keep trying to clarify it and I feel like I'm not doing a good job.
It makes sense but it wasnt clarified in the editing.  Putting Tory in is just dumb.  Kayleigh is fat and hasnt done squat all season.  Leroy and Nany were smart to put in Jenny.  At least you know a strong girl is out.

And swimming next week should thin the herd.

I've think I've said it in here before, but it is unreal how unlikable and miserable Cara Maria is now.  I remember a few years back on one of the end of season wrap-up shows, other cast members were attacking her for being fake and hateful.  I didn't believe it then as that's not how the edit portrayed her.  It just seemed like she was being ganged up on....season after season.

I guess I was wrong.  Her repeated reactions to the proposal/engagement are disgusting.  I don't like Paulie, but good on him for calling her out on it at the time of the proposal.  He needs to run away from her as fast as his stubby little legs can carry him.

I wonder if when she watches this season back if she'll see how awfully she is coming off.  It is hard to watch.

Put me in the camp that likes Jordan and is pulling for him and Tori to win.  And he's right about Cara and Ninja.  They are performing terribly and can't see it.

ETA:  TORI TRAIN CHOO CHOOOOO!

I've think I've said it in here before, but it is unreal how unlikable and miserable Cara Maria is now.  I remember a few years back on one of the end of season wrap-up shows, other cast members were attacking her for being fake and hateful.  I didn't believe it then as that's not how the edit portrayed her.  It just seemed like she was being ganged up on....season after season.

I guess I was wrong.  Her repeated reactions to the proposal/engagement are disgusting.  I don't like Paulie, but good on him for calling her out on it at the time of the proposal.  He needs to run away from her as fast as his stubby little legs can carry him.

I wonder if when she watches this season back if she'll see how awfully she is coming off.  It is hard to watch.

Put me in the camp that likes Jordan and is pulling for him and Tori to win.  And he's right about Cara and Ninja.  They are performing terribly and can't see it.

ETA:  TORI TRAIN CHOO CHOOOOO!
Agree totally with Cara.  She's a perfect example of how you can have so much hate in your heart that you become miserable and no one wants to hang around with you.

Can't agree with the Jordan thing, though.  I hate him.  I used to like him and think he got a bad rap.  But he's become a jackass.  I actually don't mind Paulie.  Yeah, he can be annoying and overbearing, but (for now) it doesn't bother me.  Paulie seems like he's doing it for the show.  Everyone says that Jordan is the same on the show as off the show.

Agree totally with Cara.  She's a perfect example of how you can have so much hate in your heart that you become miserable and no one wants to hang around with you.

Can't agree with the Jordan thing, though.  I hate him.  I used to like him and think he got a bad rap.  But he's become a jackass.  I actually don't mind Paulie.  Yeah, he can be annoying and overbearing, but (for now) it doesn't bother me.  Paulie seems like he's doing it for the show.  Everyone says that Jordan is the same on the show as off the show.
Jordan is a donkey, but I respect that he is there to compete. He is also one of the best competitors pretty much every time he has been on. He backs up his talk with excellent performance. He's not my favorite people, but he's better than the people who are A-holes and do everything they can to not compete.

Jordan is a donkey, but I respect that he is there to compete. He is also one of the best competitors pretty much every time he has been on. He backs up his talk with excellent performance. He's not my favorite people, but he's better than the people who are A-holes and do everything they can to not compete.
I would agree with that, totally.  I guess you bring up a good point: There are people I like/dislike on the show because of their personalities.  And their are people I like/dislike on the show because of how they play.  And a lot of those people might be 'like' in one category and 'dislike' in another category.

I hope not.  I'm really pulling for him.  Everyone keeps telling him he's playing wrong and I so want him to win (or at least do well in the final) just so he can shut them all up.  
Jordan had the best synopsis of Leroy at the bar.  He is like you keep losing and yet you keep playing the same game over and over and over, constantly choosing the wrong side.  Maybe its time to look in the mirror.  :paraphrase:

Jordan had the best synopsis of Leroy at the bar.  He is like you keep losing and yet you keep playing the same game over and over and over, constantly choosing the wrong side.  Maybe its time to look in the mirror.  :paraphrase:
But he's not playing the same game this season.  He decided to play his own game that gets him the furthest and that's not Jordan's game.  It's the same with all of these people.  They all complain about how everyone else is just following the leader and playing the numbers, yet that's WHAT THEY ALL DO!  They are all moronic hypocrites.  :lol:

But he's not playing the same game this season.  He decided to play his own game that gets him the furthest and that's not Jordan's game.  It's the same with all of these people.  They all complain about how everyone else is just following the leader and playing the numbers, yet that's WHAT THEY ALL DO!  They are all moronic hypocrites.  :lol:
I wonder if picking Jenny is going to hurt him in the long run.  But like I said the swimming test this week will/should open a lot of eyes.

I will ask again because I am not understanding the strategy well but how has kayleigh floated along with raising any eyebrows.  She stinks at everything

By the way, Vanderpump Rules comes back January 7th.  It usually starts in the beginning of December.  Hate that we have to wait an extra month. :kicksrock:

I hope not.  I'm really pulling for him.  Everyone keeps telling him he's playing wrong and I so want him to win (or at least do well in the final) just so he can shut them all up.  
I like Leroy, but if he gets tossed because he can't swim, it's his own damn fault. he's had 11 challenges to learn how!

I wonder if picking Jenny is going to hurt him in the long run.  But like I said the swimming test this week will/should open a lot of eyes.

I will ask again because I am not understanding the strategy well but how has kayleigh floated along with raising any eyebrows.  She stinks at everything
I don't see how it will hurt him.  Supposedly Rogan took back his hit on his GF, so they were asked not to keep with the throw her in plan, and Kayleigh is protected by the Cara, Paulie, Kam, Rogan, Joss cross alliance.

As others I still don't understand how the F this game is working.  I know they have done team challenges before where the winning team all splits the pot, so my only guess is the Brits are doing what the Cara/Paulie alliance says to do so they don't get thrown into elimination ever even though I don't see how they aren't giving the American team the win in the end.

It makes sense but it wasnt clarified in the editing.  Putting Tory in is just dumb.  Kayleigh is fat and hasnt done squat all season.  Leroy and Nany were smart to put in Jenny.  At least you know a strong girl is out.

And swimming next week should thin the herd.
Leroy didn’t screw up not putting in Dee.  Rogan said that after Dee found out that he was trying to send her home and was crushed by it, his conscience made him change the plan and let her stay. His original plan was for it to look like he had nothing to do with her going in so she wouldn’t get mad at him until she was far away.

Paulie had only agreed to it in the first place because it was the first time they’d asked the alliance for something and he needs them happy to maintain control.

CT knew he had to pick a side because it was getting to the point that he was going to be in danger if he didn’t. He made it obvious he was throwing it because he wasn’t happy about throwing it but knew he had to, so he did it in a #### way.

The Brits voted Tori in because the numbers alliance still want Tori and Jordan out of the game. It was unlikely that Dee would beat Tori, but if she did, it would still be a win for them. Same logic applied when they sent Jenny in instead of Dee.

I'm going to say no way the winning team splits it.  I'm guessing the final will be run and after each segment, the slowest person will be eliminated or something like that.  After a couple of seasons of giving a million dollar prize, I think it would be a huge letdown for 8 people to split a million dollars.

Just watched Floribama Shore last night.  Oh my God, these people are messes.  And this season looks like it's going to be a good one with lots of fights.

And that Amy chick might be the dumbest person on TV ever.  They were throwing a graduation party and she asked what a "Valid Victorian" was.  :lol:   Then she said they made here wear a costume of "Captain Gown." :lmao:

Jordan dominated Josh. They aren't getting rid of Jordan. Guy's clearly the best in the game and isn't losing if he makes the final. Not even sure there's a guy's elimination left now. Think just girl's elimination left. Nany's got to be one of the 2 girls going into elimination. And probably Tori the other.

Love how Paulie "wants to run against Jordan" now. No you don't because he'll absolutely smoke you and the choice isn't yours buddy. Keep playing the scared game 👍 Midget Paulie/Keebler Elf has done nothing in these challenges.

Joss regretting his tactics, Jordan GOAT. All Josh had to do was be patient and slowly, steadily take the rope.

How so?  I don’t follow
Everyone still thinks of Rogan as the guy on the first Challenge he did.  He couldn't finish the first challenge and had to be removed by ambulance, as I recall.  Zero stamina.

Guy like that will kill you in a final.  I think he's probably come a long way, however.

Everyone still thinks of Rogan as the guy on the first Challenge he did.  He couldn't finish the first challenge and had to be removed by ambulance, as I recall.  Zero stamina.

Guy like that will kill you in a final.  I think he's probably come a long way, however.
Gotcha 

Joss got instant Karma.  But I've said it before that these new Brits don't quite understand the game.  They play it more like Survivor.  Get rid of the strong and try to take the weak.  Going for blindsides.  Sometimes you have to work with your enemy to get you to the final.  

And I know a lot of people hate Paulie, but you have to give him credit for giving others credit they deserve.  It's rare you hear other competitor's compliment their opponents.  He does it a lot.  He may be a jerk on the show, but I still think he's just got the WWF persona going.  It gets him screen time which guarantees he'll be on the next season, but I don't think he's actually an ###hole.  

And yes, I know he's not on next season, but that's because a bunch of these idiots complained that they were afraid of him and his mental state because of what he writes on social media.  What a bunch of losers.  They talk about how he's a nobody on the show, but then go and complain to the producers that they fear for their lives around him?  What a joke.  I can't believe I'm defending this guy, because I'm not a fan.  But he's getting a bad rap from losers on the show.

Joss got instant Karma.  But I've said it before that these new Brits don't quite understand the game.  They play it more like Survivor.  Get rid of the strong and try to take the weak.  Going for blindsides.  Sometimes you have to work with your enemy to get you to the final.  

And I know a lot of people hate Paulie, but you have to give him credit for giving others credit they deserve.  It's rare you hear other competitor's compliment their opponents.  He does it a lot.  He may be a jerk on the show, but I still think he's just got the WWF persona going.  It gets him screen time which guarantees he'll be on the next season, but I don't think he's actually an ###hole.  

And yes, I know he's not on next season, but that's because a bunch of these idiots complained that they were afraid of him and his mental state because of what he writes on social media.  What a bunch of losers.  They talk about how he's a nobody on the show, but then go and complain to the producers that they fear for their lives around him?  What a joke.  I can't believe I'm defending this guy, because I'm not a fan.  But he's getting a bad rap from losers on the show.
Like I asked earlier in this thread why in hades were they throwing in those good girls but giving shade to Kayleigh?  She is horrible.

And the swimming thing is funny.  You cannot just "learn" to swim in a freaking back yard pool over the course of a month.   Its an incredibly hard sport to become good at because its endurance and training muscles.  That said there are in life jackets. 

First I’m hearing of Paulie mental state. Any examples? 

Like I asked earlier in this thread why in hades were they throwing in those good girls but giving shade to Kayleigh?  She is horrible.

And the swimming thing is funny.  You cannot just "learn" to swim in a freaking back yard pool over the course of a month.   Its an incredibly hard sport to become good at because its endurance and training muscles.  That said there are in life jackets. 
Because of their alliance.  Just to be clear, if I've explained anything on their play, I'm not saying it was the right move, GB.  Just explaining their thinking.  Honestly, I think it's stupid to have such big alliances.  I think the show needs to figure out a way to break them up.

Users who are viewing this thread