What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Tony Pollard, TEN (2 Viewers)

Any non-Zeke owners holding Pollard?

Tough. I've got a couple of lotto tickets in M. Sanders, J. Hill, and J. Jackson. Kinda need to take some shots at WR.
For now. Maybe you can package him in a deal to the Zeke owner for a WR.

For now. Maybe you can package him in a deal to the Zeke owner for a WR.
Was thinking of that.

Only two targets I think he'd go for are John Brown and K. Coutee. I'm light on WRs as well with only K. Allen, T. Locket, and C. Davis. 

Tony Pollard rushed 13 times for 103 yards and a touchdown in the Cowboys' Week 3 win over the Dolphins, adding three receptions for 25 additional yards.

Pollard was sprinkled in throughout, but the bulk of his work came with the game out of reach in the second half. His 16-yard score in the fourth quarter was the first of his career. A pure handcuff/garbage time closer, Pollard lacks standalone fantasy value but has made it clear he could be a potential league-winner if Ezekiel Elliott goes down with injury.

Sep 22, 2019, 7:38 PM ET

I really like this kid but barring a blow out like today I think he's just injury insurance. Your best bet in trying to get something from the Zeke owner is packaging him with a WR for an upgrade at WR.

Could be a good buy low in dynasty this year or next year, if you can afford to be patient. He'll eventually get a shot somewhere in a RBBC with a chance to prove himself as a potential lead back. 

Could be a good buy low in dynasty this year or next year, if you can afford to be patient. He'll eventually get a shot somewhere in a RBBC with a chance to prove himself as a potential lead back. 
Problem is owners were looking for a 2nd round pick for him prior to yesterday, I fear his cost is too high

I dropped him right before kickoff yesterday.  Probably still not a bad thing though... can't really count on starting him unless Zeke is hurt anyways right?

Tony Pollard (ankle) is questionable for Week 14 against the Bears.

Pollard did not practice Tuesday and Wednesday, so he's headed towards a game-time decision for Thursday Night Football. Ezekiel Elliott would only come off the field to catch his breath if Pollard is ruled out. Pollard is a situational pass catcher when healthy.

Dec 4, 2019, 9:18 PM ET

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said Tony Pollard (ankle) "should be able to play" in Week 15 against the Rams.

Pollard looks likely to only miss one game after sitting out Thursday night. Ezekiel Elliott didn't leave the field and had 21 touches with Pollard sidelined but should go back to the 88-percent snap rate he was seeing when Pollard returns.

SOURCE: Michael Gehlken on Twitter

Dec 7, 2019, 9:59 AM ET

Cowboys gotta find a way to get this guy more snaps. Maybe they can line him up as a receiver more often since Cobb likes to drop passes.Then they can also have Pollard do some work on reverses and sweeps, perhaps even WR screens.

Also, I'd like the Cowboys to give Tavon some snaps at RB. Small guy, sure, but sometimes that's exactly what you need. Just take a look at what Dion Lewis did with the Patriots.

I dropped him right before kickoff yesterday.  Probably still not a bad thing though... can't really count on starting him unless Zeke is hurt anyways right?
Unfortunately that is correct. The Cowboys love to feed Zeke and that has actually been a problem this season. They need to mix it up some more.

I posted that 3 months ago... a little late to the party haha
fair enough, but I wanted to drop that opinion out there for sure. I just don't like how the Cowboys are so reliant on Zeke and how hell-bent they are to feed him. Sure, they gave him a big contract, but that doesn't mean you neglect your backup, who has actually shown some good stuff this season.

Tony Pollard rushed 12 times for 131 yards and one touchdown, hauling in both of his targets for 12 yards in Dallas' Week 15 blowout win over the Rams.

Pollard tacked on gains of 44, 33, and 25 yards as both he and Ezekiel Elliott (24/117/2) eclipsed 100-yards rushing for the second time this season. Although the rookie's proved time and time again he's more than capable of exploding when given extended run, it's worth noting 12 of his 14 touches occurred in the second half with the Cowboys leading 28-7. At the very least, Pollard flashed why he should be stashed in fantasy leagues that play all the way into Week 17 — it's possible Dallas has the division locked up (or they're eliminated altogether) by then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Garbage time?

How many times were they blown out ?
Garbage time isn't exclusive to being blown out though. And being blown out is typically reflected in the final score. So if you get a garbage time TD, it may make the score look like you weren't blown out.

ESPN's Todd Archer suggests Tony Pollard could see snaps at receiver.

Pollard flashed as a rookie, rushing for 455 yards and three touchdowns behind Ezekiel Elliott. There aren't many carries for him with Elliott a three-down workhorse, but he could have a Ty Montgomery role in Mike McCarthy's offense. Pollard played receiver at Memphis and caught 15 of his 20 targets last year. Already one of the top handcuffs, Pollard would push for standalone value with an expanded pass-game role.

SOURCE: ESPN

Apr 12, 2020, 11:19 AM ET

Who are people starting him over? Even behind a mediocre line, he’s a great start today. If SF goes up on Dallas, Pollard is a great receiver and would still be involved in the passing game. I’m starting him over Lockett and Gus in a standard 

Wow! Out of nowhere I just picked him up. Got one more choice now for the second RB / Flex. Montgomery, Gallman, Wilson, Pollard, Hilton, E Sanders.

Had Montgomery with Hilton. Now Pollard could break in and start. Wow!

Ton Pollard rushed 12 times for 69 yards and two touchdowns in the Cowboys' Week 15 win over the 49ers, adding six receptions for 63 yards.

Ezekiel Elliott (calf) was made inactive so Pollard got the chance to show what he could do as the starter. He was posting a solid day before breaking a 40-yard rush to ice the game. That run was 14 yards longer than Elliott's longest rush of the year. Pollard's 132 yards from scrimmage are also more than Zeke has reached this season. Pollard was explosive as a runner and led the Cowboys in targets. He looked like an improvement over Elliott and could continue to eat into Zeke's workload once he returns. Pollard would be an RB1 in Week 16 versus the Eagles if Zeke is out again.

Dec 20, 2020, 4:48 PM ET

Any chance he’s starting again in week 16? 
With Dallas’ post season chances still alive and Zeke being a surprise inactive, I imagine he goes back to being the #2 guy. That said, Dallas has a nice problem on their hands entering next year 

Any chance he’s starting again in week 16? 
With Dallas’ post season chances still alive and Zeke being a surprise inactive, I imagine he goes back to being the #2 guy. That said, Dallas has a nice problem on their hands entering next year 
Pollard is so much better than Zeke this year.  Guy deserves a chance to start.

Well, Zeke is going to play, so who's still starting Pollard? I'm deciding between Pollard, Lockett, and Gus Edwards in a standard league. I still think Pollard gets a lot of touches, but I'd love to know how Zeke looks in warmups...

Well, Zeke is going to play, so who's still starting Pollard? I'm deciding between Pollard, Lockett, and Gus Edwards in a standard league. I still think Pollard gets a lot of touches, but I'd love to know how Zeke looks in warmups...
I’ll be starting Pollard, Zeke or Antonio Gibson.

Hate starting guys coming off of a turf toe injury but will will start Antonio if active based on I’m expecting Zeke to play. 

Pollard, Zeke, Hunt or Tee Higgins.

Easy choice of Zeke was/is out.  But Hunt & Higgins go at 1, so IDK.

Users who are viewing this thread