Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: WR JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Eagles

21 minutes ago, JetMaxx said:

Joe Douglas quote from above: “he's just a highly productive guy and really tough, really strong."

Not complicated. Tell me once where Parker is described as really tough and really strong. 

Parker is a hater’s comp, how about Anquan Boldin instead?

Maybe a faster and more skilled Boldin?

22 hours ago, skinfanjon said:

The only team I'm not objective about is the Redskins and it because I immediately downgrade our players due to organizational incompetence.

I think you are giving the organization too much credit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gandalf said:

Maybe a faster and more skilled Boldin?

I would actually say a faster, less skilled boldin 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, skinfanjon said:

Well this thread has jumped the shark.  He isn't anywhere near Boldin.  Almost no one is.

he isn't near Parker either. This is quickly going down the road of an Alex Collins thread. Debate for the next 18 months until he gets a shot. If you dont like him, its noted, move on. If you think he is a future stud, noted, move on. 

I'm more interested in news and updates 

Edited by Dr. Dan
  • Like 1

Got him in one league. Not a huge fan of the guy, but not a huge fan Eagles receivers in general. If he's good enough, he will shine, if not, I'm not that worried. 

He ain't Boldin, he ain't Parker, both seem like a weird comparsons to me. Not sure, but he reminds me more of Jimmy Graham and dont think that is fair comparson either. Let's just give this kid a chance and see how it goes... 

Drafted with 2020 in mind. Now working on adding Alshon for 2019. Older, oft banged up WR that shouldn't be outrageously expensive and hedges your bet nicely. Could be a coup if Alshon does become a cap casualty and you end up Alshon as a potential WR1 elsewhere in 2020 and JJAW ready to step up in that Iggles offense. 

10 hours ago, Flying Elvis said:

Alshon as a potential WR1 elsewhere in 2020

🤣

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

NJ.com's Mike Kaye notes JJ Arcega-Whiteside received reps in the slot at OTAs.

Alshon Jeffery was not at practice Tuesday, giving the Eagles an opportunity to get depth options more work. With Alshon Jeffery, DeSean Jackson, and Nelson Agholor ahead of him on the depth chart, Arcega-Whiteside is expected to be limited to crumbs as a rookie. However, if he's able to pick up the offense as an outside and slot receiver, he could be an injury or trade away from entering into the starting offense.

SOURCE: NJ.com

May 21, 2019, 6:20 PM ET

On 5/10/2019 at 5:27 PM, skinfanjon said:

I'm just gonna go on record saying this dude is an absolute bum.  I'd bet right now he doesn't hit 2,000 yards on his rookie contract and if you give me some odds I'd make it 1,500.

Obligatory addendum: There have been 63 WRs drafted in the 2nd round in the past 15 years, and barely a third of them (24) put up 2,000 receiving yards in their first 4 years. A whopping 15 of them have averaged 10+ PPR fantasy points per game, pretty much what's needed to rise above the level of WW fodder.

By those standards, most draft picks outside the 1st round turn out to be "bums". But you've got to spend them on someone regardless.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Obligatory addendum: There have been 63 WRs drafted in the 2nd round in the past 15 years, and barely a third of them (24) put up 2,000 receiving yards in their first 4 years. A whopping 15 of them have averaged 10+ PPR fantasy points per game, pretty much what's needed to rise above the level of WW fodder.

By those standards, most draft picks outside the 1st round turn out to be "bums". But you've got to spend them on someone regardless.

Agreed, it takes a lot of things going right for guys to stick and become productive players in the league, much less fantasy relevant stars.  My comment would be right most of the time about any players lol.  Still, a lot of folks around here think he's something special, so more taking aim at that.

Still, thanks for the numbers.