What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone playing OOTP 19? (1 Viewer)

dal_boys_phan

Footballguy
Just picked it up in the Steam $5 sale a few weeks back.

Only played Perfect Team so far, but would love to get into a regular sim league.

Yeah I play it and love it.  Have two diamonds and one perfect team in Perfect Game.  Would love to get a fbg leave going!

@dal_boys_phan @5Rings

Idk if you guys have leagues yet, but I'm in a league with openings. Keep in mind it is a purely fictional league, which also encompasses AAA and AA ball.

Right now it's just a 16 team league. I think we're up to 8 or 9 owners? We're going into our 3rd season, opening day is actually this Friday. The league commish is well versed in this stuff. He runs a sim football league that's going into its 20th season on Draft Day Sports Pro Football 18 (full 32 owners). He started this baseball league about a year ago and also oversees a hockey league and a college football league. It's all its own universe.

Baseball site has its own webpage, we have forums, and our own discord channel. Take a look around and let me know if you wanna give it a go. I can get you in touch with the right people. Now's a great time to join with the new season starting.

United Baseball Alliance

@ShamrockPride I am poking around the site, and its so weird to see a 10 point scale for values.  I've never played an OOTP online league before, I honestly got it so I could play offline solo on my long airplane trips and now I play it way too much!  How different is the online league vs a solo offline experience?  One game per day simmed?  Do you manage?  How much time do you spend per day/week?

Thanks, sorry for all the questions :)

Yes, got it too for $5 had OOTP 18, and can get lost in it.  Very addicting.

Started in 1947 and have removed the Reserve Clause as of 1952.  Now the fun begins.

5Rings said:
@ShamrockPride I am poking around the site, and its so weird to see a 10 point scale for values.  I've never played an OOTP online league before, I honestly got it so I could play offline solo on my long airplane trips and now I play it way too much!  How different is the online league vs a solo offline experience?  One game per day simmed?  Do you manage?  How much time do you spend per day/week?

Thanks, sorry for all the questions :)
Yeah the 10 point thing is different lol, but you adjust. I can't tell you how it is compared to a solo league, I bought this game only to play online with the guys we have. I think that's how most of us were. That first season was a big learning curve for all of us, so it's not like you'll be too far behind compared to us all. We sim 1 week at a time. Sims run Mon/Weds/Fri. So a season usually takes somewhere between idk 3-4 months real time. We don't manage. Pure sim. And it's not a huge amount we spend in it. There's just such minor adjustments throughout the season that there really isn't usually a reason to export your game file more than once or twice a week. But it really comes down to your level of commitment. You could export after every single sim if you really wanted to microtinker with things.

Users who are viewing this thread