What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Deebo Samuel, SF (1 Viewer)

3rd quarter.

Again.

:tfp:
I dont get it.  You are calling it a train wreck that he is playing in the third quarter?  I'd maybe get that if he was a roster bubble guy.  Or is it a train wreck because his QB all of a sudden became a lesser Brock Osweiller?  I just drafted him at 13 overall, feel pretty good about what he has shown in limited PT this preseason.  That athletic ability is not teachable.  The QB situation is beginning to become a concern though.

Or is it a train wreck because his QB all of a sudden became a lesser Brock Osweiller? 

The QB situation is beginning to become a concern though.
I don't know what @SayWhat? had in mind, but this is the exact reason why I've soured on any/all SF WRs. 

Jimmy G may -- or even might be likely -- to turn it around. But the consistent sheer crappery of his play this preseason really makes me think the risk is not worth it -- for Deebo or anyone else catching the ball. 

I do wonder how a shot Jimmy G might be for Coleman, who is a good pass catching back -- e.g. does it actually help to have another check-down outlet for a QB who is struggling hitting his receivers?

I don't know what @SayWhat? had in mind, but this is the exact reason why I've soured on any/all SF WRs. 

Jimmy G may -- or even might be likely -- to turn it around. But the consistent sheer crappery of his play this preseason really makes me think the risk is not worth it -- for Deebo or anyone else catching the ball. 

I do wonder how a shot Jimmy G might be for Coleman, who is a good pass catching back -- e.g. does it actually help to have another check-down outlet for a QB who is struggling hitting his receivers?
Same for me - Jimmy G has done very little in his career for how much fantasy value is riding on him.  He's played a whole 9 games with SF.

I dont get it.  You are calling it a train wreck that he is playing in the third quarter?  I'd maybe get that if he was a roster bubble guy.  Or is it a train wreck because his QB all of a sudden became a lesser Brock Osweiller?  I just drafted him at 13 overall, feel pretty good about what he has shown in limited PT this preseason.  That athletic ability is not teachable.  The QB situation is beginning to become a concern though.
The trainwreck emoji was in jest in response to @EBF's second straight week of "train leaving the station!" posts following Deebo Samuel making a play in the third quarter of preseason games.  And these are the first and second preseason games, no less.  It's really grasping at hope more than anything else.  There's just nothing that's adding up to him being a stud. 

• Middling college career?  ✔️
  • Failing to truly stand out amongst thoroughly uninspiring WR competition?  ✔️
  • QB that seems to be regressing by the day?  ✔️
His high 2nd round draft capital bodes well for him as it relates to opportunities and he does have some plus athletic traits.  I think he's a guy that will play in the league for 8+ years, and be solid at that.  But I just fail to see the optimism as it relates to any sort of trajectory above "meh" fantasy starter.  He's a guy I'd be happy with in the early 2nd of rookie drafts, because I think he's a safe ppr asset.  But stud I'm not seeing.  Will be fun to watch this one play out. 

The trainwreck emoji was in jest in response to @EBF's second straight week of "train leaving the station!" posts following Deebo Samuel making a play in the third quarter of preseason games.  And these are the first and second preseason games, no less.  It's really grasping at hope more than anything else.  There's just nothing that's adding up to him being a stud. 

• Middling college career?  ✔️
  • Failing to truly stand out amongst thoroughly uninspiring WR competition?  ✔️
  • QB that seems to be regressing by the day?  ✔️
His high 2nd round draft capital bodes well for him as it relates to opportunities and he does have some plus athletic traits.  I think he's a guy that will play in the league for 8+ years, and be solid at that.  But I just fail to see the optimism as it relates to any sort of trajectory above "meh" fantasy starter.  He's a guy I'd be happy with in the early 2nd of rookie drafts, because I think he's a safe ppr asset.  But stud I'm not seeing.  Will be fun to watch this one play out. 
🤣

Nobody said he was a lock to be a superstar. He doesn't have to be that good to provide positive return on his ADP. This site has him as the #12 rookie pick based on ADP. In the three leagues where I got him, the picks I spent on him were #7, #10, and #17. If he has a solid 8 year career, as you yourself suggested, then he'll likely outperform that ADP. 5 out of my 6 leagues are dynasty, so that's definitely my focus, but let's look at redraft for a minute too. This site has him as WR66 in PPR. He is completely unlisted on the top 60 of the three CBS sports analysts. So hypothetically if you are rostering him in redraft then you are getting him near the back of the draft where all you're really sacrificing is a roster spot. The risk is very low that late and the upside is considerable. Even a WR40 finish would be a huge win.

I find your nitpicks to be pretty weak.

1. Middling college career - Deebo had a promising sophomore year, got hurt as a junior, and then came back and had 73.5 yards/game as a senior. That's not going to win you a Biletnikoff, but it prorates to 1176 yards over a 16 game NFL season. It's more than Michael Thomas or Tyreek Hill ever had in college, and more yards/game than JuJu had in his final season at USC. Beyond that, production in college depends heavily on scheme, usage, and supporting cast, so while it's something I do look at, I'm more concerned with the athletic traits and qualities on display. You would've missed out on people like Tyreek Hill, Alvin Kamara, Michael Thomas, and Jimmy Graham if all you did is count college stats. Deebo's new teammate George Kittle had 290 receiving yards as a junior and 314 as a senior in college. Did that tell us everything about his ceiling for the NFL? Stats can tell you something about players, but they are not a perfect gauge for what a player can do.

2. Failing to truly stand out amongst thoroughly uninspiring WR competition - He's only a few weeks into his career and he's made more splash plays than anyone else on the team so far this preseason, so this might be doubly misguided. We know there's a learning curve for the NFL and that many eventual greats struggle to make an immediate impact. From a dynasty standpoint, he could finish the year with 0 catches and it wouldn't necessarily tell us that much about his long-term career. I don't think that's likely though, as they used a high pick on him and have a strong need for playmakers. He will get chances this year, but it might take time. JuJu Smith-Schuster had a great rookie year, and even he didn't come out of the gate dominating. He had zero targets in week one of his rookie year and was gradually worked into the offense. When they called upon him to make plays, he delivered and that led to more opportunities. When they've called Deebo's number this preseason, he has delivered. Why shouldn't people be excited when their guy is gashing teams every time he touches the ball? It's what you want to see and even if it's "only against preseason scrubs" it can still have predictive value. Saquon built his reputation running over amateurs at Penn State and even though those guys were woefully outmatched, it didn't mean his tools weren't real. All you can do is destroy the guy lining up across from you and Deebo has been doing that in the early going.

3. QB that seems to be regressing by the day - Almost completely irrelevant from a dynasty standpoint. You'd love for your WR to be on the same team as a prime Brees/Brady/Rodgers/Mahomes, but a great QB is not required for FF WR relevance and bad QBs don't last in the NFL. If Jimmy G fails in SF, they will try someone else. From a redraft standpoint, Deebo is ranked outside the top 60 WRs and should not require elite QB play to exceed those low expectations. Arizona was the worst passing offense in the NFL last year and they still finished with 2523 yards. San Francisco was middle of the pack with 3867. They may not be the Saints or Chiefs, but there will be some yards and targets to compete for.

Now...do I expect this guy to come in and dominate like Randy Moss? No. To be clear, I don't have him as a can't-miss elite prospect. However, I have him as a top 5 skill position guy in this draft and there are plenty of positives. High draft pick. Special athletic qualities with an unusual size/speed combination. Making plays when called upon and actually LOOKS good on the field so far. Relatively low entry cost in dynasty and redraft. There's a lot to like there. From a redraft standpoint, he plays on a team with bad RBs and only one proven mouth to feed in the passing game (Kittle). I'm not assuming a monster season, but certainly the opportunity to compete for touches and excel is there.

1. Middling college career - Deebo had a promising sophomore year, got hurt as a junior, and then came back and had 73.5 yards/game as a senior. That's not going to win you a Biletnikoff, but it prorates to 1176 yards over a 16 game NFL season.....Beyond that, production in college depends heavily on scheme, usage, and supporting cast, so while it's something I do look at, I'm more concerned with the athletic traits and qualities on display. You would've missed out on people like Tyreek Hill, Alvin Kamara, Michael Thomas, and Jimmy Graham if all you did is count college stats. Deebo's new teammate George Kittle had 290 receiving yards as a junior and 314 as a senior in college. Did that tell us everything about his ceiling for the NFL? Stats can tell you something about players, but they are not a perfect gauge for what a player can do.
You were just busting my chops in the other thread about how DK Metcalf is a bum on account of his college stats. 

The hype would be soaring if he'd gotten in the endzone on his 45-yard run, instead of getting barely pushed out at the one. 

Somehow it feels like his explosive preseason is flying under the radar (not here in his thread obviously). 

Nick Mensio @NickMensio

Deebo Samuel and Marquise Goodwin are the #49ers' projected starting WRs in

@mattbarrows

latest 53-man roster projection. Has SF cutting Richie James and Kendrick Bourne:

So Pettis isnt starting?
@Faust posted this in the Pettis thread:

"Dante Pettis and Marquise Goodwin played all 11 snaps with the first-team offense in Monday night's second preseason game against the Broncos.

Jordan Matthews played five snaps, and the other Niners receivers were in on zero downs with the Jimmy Garoppolo group. There's been a ton of talk about Pettis losing his starting job with a lackluster summer in practice, but this would suggest he's very much atop the depth chart. For now. The Athletic's Matt Barrows projects Goodwin and second-rounder Deebo Samuel to be the starters for Week 1, but Samuel played zero snaps with Garoppolo Monday and was a strict second-teamer. We're still on Pettis as the X receiver for San Francisco. Coach Kyle Shanahan may have just been trying to light a fire under his second-year wideout when he said Pettis needed to "compete" more for his starting role.

SOURCE: Adam Levitan on Twitter

Aug 20, 2019, 9:56 PM ET"

cloppbeast said:
You were just busting my chops in the other thread about how DK Metcalf is a bum on account of his college stats. 
My slightly-outdated rookie rankings don't even mention stats when I talk about Metcalf. I did crack jokes about him being the third best receiver on his college team in a different thread, but really it's the middling film that most concerns me. He doesn't look as good in film as his own teammate AJ Brown, even though he's the superior athlete on paper. When I watch Metcalf or even Knox game clips, it is always Brown who stands out to me. Metcalf looks limited when he's not running vertical routes. 

When I'm trying to gauge prospects I look at a combination of draft position, combine numbers, college production, and the "eyeball test" of what they look like in their clips. Every so often you get a prospect like Saquon where all of the variables tell the same story. Elite draft slot. Elite combine numbers. Elite production. Elite film. Easy. 

Most of the time, guys are deficient somewhere. Maybe the player has elite stats, but a low draft slot. Maybe he's a workout warrior with spotty production. Every variable can be important, but ultimately the "eyeball test" is the one that matters most to me (within reason -- I'm not going to take a UDFA over a 1st rounder just because of tape) and that's why I'm lukewarm on Metcalf. If I loved his film then the production alone wouldn't be that big of a deal, but there are multiple red flags. 

I think he's worth a shot at a certain point in the rookie draft, but I favor Samuel, AJ Brown, Harry, and M Brown over him because they have higher draft slots, good enough physical tools, and (IMO) better tape. The production is probably the least important variable for me, but he also falls short in that area. 

I am really hoping the slow preseason start for Jimmy G will allow me a chance to grab Deebo in the 3rd round of my draft this Saturday.  I know at first glance you would think that is crazy talk him lasting until the third, but this is a 10 team 10 player keeper so there is hope. :)

My slightly-outdated rookie rankings don't even mention stats when I talk about Metcalf. I did crack jokes about him being the third best receiver on his college team in a different thread, but really it's the middling film that most concerns me. He doesn't look as good in film as his own teammate AJ Brown, even though he's the superior athlete on paper. When I watch Metcalf or even Knox game clips, it is always Brown who stands out to me. Metcalf looks limited when he's not running vertical routes.
I just noticed an inconsistency is all. Well it makes sense if you were just clowning around about Metcalf's stats in the other thread.

Deebo is definitely a value in the 2nd round of rookie drafts based on draft capital. The situation even looked good in San Fran after the draft, but has only gotten worse since then. He might be a long play with wr2 upside, not very enticing in my opinion. In June I wouldn't have hesitated to burn a 2.01 on him, but now I would probably trade the pick.

I don't really agree that the situation looks worse or has gotten worse since the draft. Pettis hasn't looked like a budding stud the way some gambled he might, that's a plus. The RBs are an explosive rotation who can all catch, but they're unreliable (healthwise). Jimmy G looking tentative and rusty is the big thing but if you're buying into a Kyle Shanahan offense it probably doesn't matter a ton to you because once the bullets are flying, even if they're bad there are a lot of targets and fantasy points to go around. 

It may not be a demonstrably better situation since he was drafted, but I don't agree it's obviously gotten worse. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really agree that the situation looks worse or has gotten worse since the draft. Pettis hasn't looked like a budding stud the way some gambled he might, that's a plus. The RBs are an explosive rotation who can all catch, but they're unreliable (healthwise). Jimmy G looking tentative and rusty is the big thing but if you're buying into a Kyle Shanahan offense it probably doesn't matter a ton to you because once the bullets are flying, even if they're bad there are a lot of targets and fantasy points to go around. 

It may not be a demonstratively better situation since he was drafted, but I don't agree it's obviously gotten worse. 
Perhaps I assumed a lot better of his immediate impact and San Fran's offensive prowess than you. Other than Pettis not looking good everything else is just blah for Deebo imo. He has run with the 2's all camp, as far as I can tell hasn't really established himself in the preseason. 2 plays, a nice catch on an under-thrown pass, and a reverse to pay dirt. The reverse is meh: 1) he looked a lot less explosive than Hardman who also made a reverse TD, 2) wrs catch passes 95% of the time. Speaking of which, Deebo had no targets in the last pre-season game - that's what I read on reddit anyway. When I expected him to ascend in this WR corpse pretty quickly now finding there's still a lot of questions. So unless you liked him a lot from the beginning, there's not much encouragement to think he'll see a lot of playing time, unlike say DK Metcalf.

Now throw in questions about Garopollo, who we all thought was a good quarterback, and it's a lot of murky.

If Pettis disappoints and that allows Deebo to emerge I see that as a really big plus in dynasty, even if Garoppolo ends up struggling for long enough to justify a new plan at QB. In that scenario Deebo would look to be the guy, and Shanahan still has enough of a reputation to make a WR1 in that offense valuable. Plus I believe in Deebo's talent.

It's way too early to know if that's how any of this shakes out, but I'm keeping my eye on what happens with Pettis as much as anything else.

Perhaps I assumed a lot better of his immediate impact and San Fran's offensive prowess than you. Other than Pettis not looking good everything else is just blah for Deebo imo. He has run with the 2's all camp, as far as I can tell hasn't really established himself in the preseason. 2 plays, a nice catch on an under-thrown pass, and a reverse to pay dirt. The reverse is meh: 1) he looked a lot less explosive than Hardman who also made a reverse TD, 2) wrs catch passes 95% of the time. Speaking of which, Deebo had no targets in the last pre-season game - that's what I read on reddit anyway. When I expected him to ascend in this WR corpse pretty quickly now finding there's still a lot of questions. So unless you liked him a lot from the beginning, there's not much encouragement to think he'll see a lot of playing time, unlike say DK Metcalf.

Now throw in questions about Garopollo, who we all thought was a good quarterback, and it's a lot of murky.
He hit 21 mph on the reverse, which is a speed Tyreek only hit a few times last season. You can find the clip where they clocked him on NFL.com in the game highlights. I saw a similar stat from week one of the preseason where he was among the fastest players clocked. I'll find links later when I have more time.

He's also much, much bigger than Hill or Hardman, and his speed becomes much more impressive in that context.

The reverse is meh: 1) he looked a lot less explosive than Hardman who also made a reverse TD, 2) wrs catch passes 95% of the time. Speaking of which, Deebo had no targets in the last pre-season game - that's what I read on reddit anyway. When I expected him to ascend in this WR corpse pretty quickly now finding there's still a lot of questions. So unless you liked him a lot from the beginning, there's not much encouragement to think he'll see a lot of playing time, unlike say DK Metcalf.
He's had two 45+ yard plays (one a contested catch) in limited action, that's all you can ask for, taking advantage of his opportunities. That's the definition of explosive imo. Saying he looked less explosive than Hardman...that's purely your eyes man. Don't know how else to say it when we have definitive GPS-backed data showing that that 45-yard reverse run saw him hit the fastest top speed in the NFL so far this preseason (tied with a return TD I believe). You can't argue that, regardless of which players "look" fast to your eyes. Camera angle, individual running stride, and even uniform colors/cut can have a distinct impact on how fast someone arbitrarily "looks" in motion FWIW. Our eyes play tricks. 

Even if that wasn't the case, Hardman should look damn fast. That's his trump card. 

You have a point about Deebo not being guaranteed snaps early, but...no rookie WRs are really killing it with the first string around the league in preseason. Maybe Jakobi Meyers counts? Deebo is making plays when he gets the opportunity--regardless of who you're lining up against, that's how you earn reps and snaps with the starters. 

Deebo Samuel caught 2-of-3 targets for 27 yards in the 49ers' third preseason game.

Samuel was running with the first-team offense, catching a 21-yard pass from Jimmy Garoppolo. Provided his preseason is through, he finishes it with four catches for 88 yards, and two rushes for 59 yards. Samuel impressed coach Kyle Shanahan this summer while sophomore Dante Pettis left something to be desired. Pettis and Marquise Goodwin appear locked in as starters for now, but Samuel could have something to say about that early in the season.

Aug 25, 2019, 12:20 AM ET

49ers WR Deebo Samuel is listed with the third-team offense on the team's "unofficial" depth chart.

Samuel generated occasional starting buzz during 49ers' training camp, but he ended up playing in the preseason finale, a tell-tale sign of low depth chart standing. Coach Kyle Shanahan seems to have ultimately gotten what he wanted out of second-year pro Dante Pettis, who was the constant recipient of motivational ploys. Slasher Samuel could still come into early-season targets. The 49ers have an exceedingly unproven group at wideout.

Sep 3, 2019, 4:23 PM ET

Pettis was dropped by the owner in my league right before our draft.

Think I’ll grab him and hold.

Tex

SFs WR group may be slightly underrated, as all four of their top guys have some degree of viability. Bourne is a Houshmandzadeh/Stevie Johnson type of scrappy possession WR. Deceptively athletic, but lacks explosiveness and big play ability. Goodwin is a big play threat who has gradually developed into a more well-rounded WR. Pettis isn't great at anything, but isn't a liability either.

Even as a big Deebo stan, I can envision scenarios where any one of those guys leads the team in catches this season. Long-term though (including the latter part of this season), I still like Deebo's chances to separate from the pack when the live bullets start flying. Even if the depth chart has him as a third teamer out of the gate, I'll be a little surprised if they don't manufacture some touches for him week one and he has the skill set to make splash plays right away.

As a Deebo owner in a  keeper league (not dynasty) is this guy worth holding for half a season to see if he has potential to be a top 10-15 WR in the future or is his ceiling more of  WR 2/3 type?  Looking for a high upside guy to stash for 1 year, but can't wait for several years.  Interest in opinions on potential.

Thanks.

As a Deebo owner in a  keeper league (not dynasty) is this guy worth holding for half a season to see if he has potential to be a top 10-15 WR in the future or is his ceiling more of  WR 2/3 type?  Looking for a high upside guy to stash for 1 year, but can't wait for several years.  Interest in opinions on potential.

Thanks.
In a keeper league, he's probably as good a stash as anyone on your WW. Would need to know who is available but not a subject for this thread.

Fair enough, I guess you answered my question.  If it's Deebo vs. waiver wire he's not a worthwhile stash for this season.  Looking for a guy who can blowup 1st half.

Thanks

Thanks.
Only 15 guys can be a top 15 player at their position and WR 15 is a WR two.

There are about 40 WR in the NFL right now who could finish in the top 15. 

I would not bet on a rookie doing that much although it's possible and has happened before.

I think your expectations are unrealistic.

If Samuel does do well and becomes SF WR one he has a chance to be in that company next year perhaps?

That's a lot of its and things that would need to happen.

Good luck with finding a top 50 player to keep for next year.

Deebo Samuel caught all three of his targets for 17 yards in San Francisco's Week 1 win over the Bucs.

Dante Pettis' odd start on the bench put the No. 36 overall pick firmly atop the team's depth chart from kick-off. He inevitably tied Tevin Coleman, Kendrick Bourne, and Marquise Goodwin for second on the team in targets (3) at the end of the day, but still successfully corralled a two-point conversation to hand the Niners a substantial lead. Unless Richie James (1/39/1) plays his way onto the field in a full-time role, Samuel is a leading candidate to stick in three-wide sets even when Trent Taylor (foot) returns to the lineup.

Sep 8, 2019, 10:49 PM ET

San Francisco Chronicle's Eric Branch believes Deebo Samuel will lose snaps to Dante Pettis in Week 2.

Samuel played 60-of-68 offensive snaps Week 1, while Pettis was limited to just two. "The disparity won’t be as great against the Bengals," says Branch, who notes Samuel had just 19 receiving yards with a fumble and a false-start penalty in the opener. Coach Kyle Shanahan also said it was his fault for playing Samuel "too much." Marquise Goodwin's status as a near full-time player seems somewhat safe, but Samuel and Pettis are in a battle now that Pettis' groin is improving.

RELATED: 

Dante Pettis

SOURCE: SF Chronicle

Sep 14, 2019, 2:19 PM ET

Deebo Samuel caught 5-of-7 targets for 87 yards and a touchdown in the 49ers' Week 2 win over the Bengals.

Samuel started for the second straight week over Dante Pettis. The 49ers made a point to get him involved, manufacturing touches for him on short passes and out of the backfield, where he ran for seven yards on two carries. Samuel's seven targets led the 49ers and his touchdown came on an goal-line corner route from two yards out. He looked like the clear featured receiver this week and that's something that should continue going forward. Even when Trent Taylor (foot) returns, Samuel should be locked into two-wide sets.
If he's on your wire think it's time to pick him up, Shanahan is playing games with Pettis right now and Deebo seems to be his guy.

Deebo Samuel caught 1-of-3 targets for three yards in the 49ers' Week 5 win over the Browns.

Samuel will have his moments as an after-catch maven, but they'll be impossible to predict as part of this receiver committee. He at least has a plus on-paper draw against the vulnerable Rams in Week 6 but will be a low-floor WR4/5 in that matchup.

Looking forward to brighter days for Samuel as long as the 49ers don't spend a high pick on WR again in 2020. There really isn't anybody blocking him on the current roster. They just don't really need to involve their WRs right now.

Looking forward to brighter days for Samuel as long as the 49ers don't spend a high pick on WR again in 2020. There really isn't anybody blocking him on the current roster. They just don't really need to involve their WRs right now.
Tough when the qb is terrible. I mean Kittle was a beast with guys off waivers and he’s having a tough time. I don’t see anyone worth much in redraft.

Deebo Samuel suffered a groin injury Week 6 against the Rams and is day to day.

Samuel went down late in the easy win after catching 3-of-5 targets for 18 scoreless yards. He hasn't had a productive box-score afternoon since Week 2 and shouldn't be anywhere near redraft fantasy lineups.

SOURCE: Matt Maiocco on Twitter

Oct 14, 2019, 7:31 PM ET

Deebo Samuel (groin) is out Week 7 against the Redskins.

As expected. Samuel's absence will give Dante Pettis and Marquise Goodwin a better chance of establishing themselves as the No. 1 receiver, but neither are expected to see more than 4-7 targets. George Kittle remains the top pass-catching option on the team.

SOURCE: Cam Inman on Twitter

Oct 18, 2019, 4:25 PM ET

Tough when the qb is terrible. I mean Kittle was a beast with guys off waivers and he’s having a tough time. I don’t see anyone worth much in redraft.
The offensive sceme is completely different this year from last year.  Last year they had to throw to try and stay in games.  This year they base their offense on clock killing with the run game while their defense smothers the other team.

Deebo Samuel (groin) was limited in practice Wednesday.

Samuel is questionable to play Week 8 against the Panthers. Even if he does play, the rookie will be off the fantasy radar with Emmanuel Sanders now in town. It's unlikely that Samuel emerges in Year 1 unless there are injuries at the top of the depth chart.

SOURCE: Nick Wagoner on Twitter

Oct 23, 2019, 6:49 PM ET

Deebo Samuel (groin) was removed from the Week 8 injury report.

Samuel only ended up missing one game. He'll be returning as the No. 2 receiver after the 49ers traded for Emmanuel Sanders. With Marquise Goodwin (personal) questionable and Sanders still learning the offense, Samuel could see the largest target share this week.

Oct 26, 2019, 9:20 AM ET

Deebo Samuel caught 4-of-7 targets for 40 yards in the 49ers' Week 9 win over the Cardinals.

Samuel displayed some serious juice on his four grabs, but the only target anyone will remember was his comically-bad drop in the end zone. Samuel basically looked like he was intentionally trying not to score. It was really, really bad from a player who has had trouble separating from the pack in the 49ers' receiver corps, particularly on a night where Emmanuel Sanders put a stranglehold on No. 1 duties. Samuel will be off the re-draft radar for next week's hosting of the Seahawks.

Nov 1, 2019, 12:31 AM ET

Deebo Samuel caught 8-of-11 targets for 112 yards in the 49ers' Week 10 loss to the Seahawks Monday night.

The catches, targets, and yards were all season highs for the rookie. After Emmanuel Sanders left in the first half with a ribs injury, Samuel was the go-to guy for Jimmy Garoppolo with George Kittle inactive. Samuel is a truck with the ball in his hands and delivered some punishing yards after contact. He's had some big games as a rookie, but we don't envision Samuel suddenly becoming a valuable WR3 for fantasy on a run-first 49ers team expected to get Kittle back very soon.

Nov 12, 2019, 12:37 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread