What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread (3 Viewers)

This is the Democrat primary where 70’s era bussing is still a thing.  This is 10 times worse than Hillary’s super predator comments in the 90s.
One problem is that we have already seen it’s a dead end. It’s tied to the busing issue and Harris already came out and said she opposes federally mandated busing. Now what? Claim Biden is a secret racist? 

How has nobody posted in this thread in a week?  :lmao:   Anyways, looks like Biden’s going to attempt to pretend he’s Trump next debate. Always ends well.

Former Vice President Joe Biden spoke to more than 100 donors at a fundraiser Wednesday evening in Detroit, blasting Republican President Donald Trump while promising to be less "polite” with fellow Democrats in next week's second presidential debate.
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2019/07/24/fundraiser-biden-promises-less-polite-second-debate/1822695001/

Huge lead for Biden in Monmouth's 1st poll of South Carolina. Clocks in with 39% (51% among blacks- that's for you @timschochet); Harris  at 12%, Sanders 10%. Warren 9%.

As far as the debate, he and Cory can yell at each other about who is the greater mass incarcerator and leave the high road for Harris.

Huge lead for Biden in Monmouth's 1st poll of South Carolina. Clocks in with 39% (51% among blacks- that's for you @timschochet); Harris  at 12%, Sanders 10%. Warren 9%.

As far as the debate, he and Cory can yell at each other about who is the greater mass incarcerator and leave the high road for Harris.
As I’ve written for weeks now: if this poll holds, Biden will be the nominee. Warren and Harris have to cut into it. Theoretically, Harris could if she has another good debate, while Warren could if she wins Iowa or New Hampshire. 

But right now this race is Biden’s to lose. 

As I’ve written for weeks now: if this poll holds, Biden will be the nominee. Warren and Harris have to cut into it. Theoretically, Harris could if she has another good debate, while Warren could if she wins Iowa or New Hampshire. 

But right now this race is Biden’s to lose. 
Which really is too bad.  I don't think he is the right direction to go or even the best suited to take on Trimp (© Mueller)

I actually did catch my typo there but decided to attribute it to Mueller instead of correct it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know there's a lot of disagreement in this forum between liberals and conservatives, pro-Trump and anti-Trump, etc., but I believe I have an item we can all agree upon:  this thread title is an abomination.  It drives me insane every time I see it.  I don't even know what it means.  C'mon, let's all come together and fix this as a community.  I suggest deleting everything including and after the first dash, maybe even adding three asterisks to the beginning and end to make it truly official.  But I'm open to the creative genius of other posters.  We can do this, guys!  Make the PSF great again!

I know there's a lot of disagreement in this forum between liberals and conservatives, pro-Trump and anti-Trump, etc., but I believe I have an item we can all agree upon:  this thread title is an abomination.  It drives me insane every time I see it.  I don't even know what it means.  C'mon, let's all come together and fix this as a community.  I suggest deleting everything including and after the first dash, maybe even adding three asterisks to the beginning and end to make it truly official.  But I'm open to the creative genius of other posters.  We can do this, guys!  Make the PSF great again!
@Joe Bryant will fix it for you I have no doubt.

The Ohio poll really is a big deal. 

Dare I imagine a dream result: Biden wins not only the popular vote by 5 million, but also wins Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Georgia and Texas, for the biggest landslide since 1984? I know, it will never happen. But boy that would be sweet. 

This post no longer makes any sense.

Biden says he’s not going to keep being Mr Nice Guy in the next debate. 

Thats a mistake if he means it. Biden is a nice guy, he likes everybody. It’s part of his appeal; he shouldn’t try to be somebody he’s not. 

Biden says he’s not going to keep being Mr Nice Guy in the next debate. 

Thats a mistake if he means it. Biden is a nice guy, he likes everybody. It’s part of his appeal; he shouldn’t try to be somebody he’s not. 
I'm not sure he's a nice guy (read the stories about how he treated the driver of the truck that killed his wife and daughter), but I agree that that's the winning persona for him, and his seeming affability is his strength.  Angry old guy doesn't seem like it would work.

For a split-second I thought I started this thread.

Breakdown of black women opinions about Kamala Harris: they like her but she’s untested, not ready. 

Thats the key to the continued support for Biden. Of course the inevitable question arises: why didn’t they feel this same way in early 2008 about Obama? Why did they abandon Hillary in droves and rush to support Obama, giving him the nomination? 

I think the main reason is the sexism that still pervades our society. Obama is a man, therefore this whole “not ready” stuff didn’t apply to him. An inexperienced woman has to wait her turn to advance upward in responsibility; an inexperienced man can immediately go as far as his talent allows. Women, in this case black women, are often just as sexist as anyone. Kamala here is a victim of her gender. 

Breakdown of black women opinions about Kamala Harris: they like her but she’s untested, not ready. 

Thats the key to the continued support for Biden. Of course the inevitable question arises: why didn’t they feel this same way in early 2008 about Obama? Why did they abandon Hillary in droves and rush to support Obama, giving him the nomination? 

I think the main reason is the sexism that still pervades our society. Obama is a man, therefore this whole “not ready” stuff didn’t apply to him. An inexperienced woman has to wait her turn to advance upward in responsibility; an inexperienced man can immediately go as far as his talent allows. Women, in this case black women, are often just as sexist as anyone. Kamala here is a victim of her gender. 
Dude, the equivalent of "early 2008" is like 6 months away.

Around the coffee room this morning, a black female coworker with a bachelor's degree, in her late 40s, echoed this sentiment. She added that women are too emotional. Her current support for Biden is very strong. She gets most of her info from social media, where these ideas are reinforced.

I know that I’m not, since I’d certainly support him over Trump.  But “abhorrent” is apt to me.
Yeah, that's why I qualified my statement (even though I'm pretty sure I'm voting libertarian). That story is so bad, and the use of the "story" so cynical that I can't help think there's something wrong with him. But, to be charitable (per the moops's suggestion) we all grieve in our own way. Maybe his grief turned into a vow to make the roadways as safe as possible, hell or high water.  But still...

I do not know this story, but if there is one scenario where you give someone a pass, I think this may qualify
It's discussed here between pages 22-24. Cliff Notes is that he publcily blamed the driver for many years (way past initial grief) for driving drunk when there was zero evidence, which was confirmed by the investigating DA. And the driver was the 1st on the scene to help. And the accident was likely his wife's fault.

The Ohio poll really is a big deal. 

Dare I imagine a dream result: Biden wins not only the popular vote by 5 million, but also wins Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Georgia and Texas, for the biggest landslide since 1984? I know, it will never happen. But boy that would be sweet. 
It's true, Biden is What Democrats Crave.  I can certainly see him surviving a brutal slog of a primary fight, and he most definitely will not be held to account for the policies he endorsed which led to Trump in the first place.  He's been a workhorse of a candidate in his other presidential runs, it's surprising that a boring centrist never got to be the nominee.  All hail the polls!  

I'll say it again, I don't see Biden getting any more popular than he is now.  This isn't a realistic idea of how he'll perform in Ohio, because he's faced very little opposition to this point.

Once the GOP focuses on him, he'll be subjected to live fire.

It's discussed here between pages 22-24. Cliff Notes is that he publcily blamed the driver for many years (way past initial grief) for driving drunk when there was zero evidence, which was confirmed by the investigating DA. And the driver was the 1st on the scene to help. And the accident was likely his wife's fault.
I think he only started claiming the driver was drunk after he died.

So you think black women ultimately chose Obama over Clinton because they’re sexist against women?

Isn’t the way more logical and likely accurate answer that black women chose racial allegiance over gender allegiance?  It meant more to them to see a first black President than a first female President.

The fact that Barack Obama is way more likable and way more charismatic than Hillary Clinton was likely also more a factor than women being sexist against women.

Will that be brought up during this campaign?

To lay this all out and question him on it (either by a rival or a reporter)?

That would be something.

So you think black women ultimately chose Obama over Clinton because they’re sexist against women?

Isn’t the way more logical and likely accurate answer that black women chose racial allegiance over gender allegiance?  It meant more to them to see a first black President than a first female President.

The fact that Barack Obama is way more likable and way more charismatic than Hillary Clinton was likely also more a factor than women being sexist against women.
No. You completely missed my point. What I wrote was that the perception of Kamala Harris as “not yet ready” for the Presidency didn’t apply to Obama because it never seems to apply to men. Men in our society are always ready if they have the talent and skills; women have to wait their turn. Obama wasn’t any more “ready” than Kamala is.  

l

No. You completely missed my point. What I wrote was that the perception of Kamala Harris as “not yet ready” for the Presidency didn’t apply to Obama because it never seems to apply to men. Men in our society are always ready if they have the talent and skills; women have to wait their turn. Obama wasn’t any more “ready” than Kamala is.  

l
No, I get your point.  I’m telling you that black women, black men, and nearly all people wanted to see a black person, man or woman, break the glass ceiling and become the first black President.  Completely understandable given America’s history.

Now since that glass ceiling has been smashed there’s less of an emotional attachment to see a second black President, man or woman, than there was for the ground breaking, history changing first black President.  

Black Americans cried tears of joy en masse on Barack Obama’s election night.  You won’t see that same emotional outpouring if there is a Kamala Harris election night, and the difference is more first & second than it is man & woman.

Now that the glass ceiling has been broken black voters may be more critical and discerning of future black candidates, man or woman, than they were the first one who had a legitimate shot at becoming President.

l
Please just stop with the whiny sexism. Obama had a vision for America that resonated across racial, gender and economic lines. Harris has none of that. None.

Users who are viewing this thread