What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread (2 Viewers)

Until Biden comes out of the basement he’s a generic candidate at this point. This poll might as well just cross his name out and put Michelle Obama. Any name would work. 
Actually Biden needs to stay in the basement as long as possible. I don`t want him out campaigning every day and making blunders. Right now less is way more.

Actually Biden needs to stay in the basement as long as possible. I don`t want him out campaigning every day and making blunders. Right now less is way more.
Simple plan that I think even his campaign agrees with but with Biden even a 3-5 minute interview can go sideways fast

Until Biden comes out of the basement he’s a generic candidate at this point. This poll might as well just cross his name out and put Michelle Obama. Any name would work. 
Thanks, but I'm not exactly sure why that's good news for Trump. The comparison there is Generic Democrat vs Biden (vs Trump).

Here it's an actual benchmark, same poll at the same time in the campaigns, Hillary vs Biden (vs Trump). That's worthwhile I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Nikki Haley supports Trump so she speaks for every woman.   Great schtick, by the way.
Cut him some slack. His posts are probably all just copy and paste tweets anyway (since he never answered my question about it, I am going to assume he makes a habit of copying and pasting tweets and not linking to them).

He clearly said beat. You’re going to have a full time job on your hands once Biden comes out of the basement.
In context beat makes no sense.

I played that quote for my wife without anything and she definitely heard beat. I heard it too. Looked for the full clip and realized it had to be "be" .  

Basically was saying look at my record for 40 years, thats who I am going to be. 

Thanks, but I'm not exactly sure why that's good news for Trump. The comparison there is Generic Democrat vs Biden (vs Trump).

Here it's an actual benchmark, same poll at the same time in the campaigns, Hillary vs Biden (vs Trump). That's worthwhile I think.
Generic always polls better than actual candidates. It’s good for Trump because eventually he has to emerge from the basement. This guy has basically taken 100 days off of the campaign trail. 

And I (and I think most people) know these  monster Joe Biden leads will tighten up in a hurry. The whole thing is a complete joke right now. And Trump is still favorite in the betting markets. 

https://bookies.com/news/us-presidential-election-odds-2020-weekly-rundown-little-change

Generic always polls better than actual candidates. It’s good for Trump because eventually he has to emerge from the basement. This guy has basically taken 100 days off of the campaign trail. 

And I (and I think most people) know these  monster Joe Biden leads will tighten up in a hurry. The whole thing is a complete joke right now. And Trump is still favorite in the betting markets. 

https://bookies.com/news/us-presidential-election-odds-2020-weekly-rundown-little-change
Yep 

The CNN Battleground States poll, a mashup of polls in 15 key states, showed a five-point lead for Trump.

Trump also edged Biden in “stamina and sharpness,” suggesting the president has found a favorable attack line after multiple attempts, and one that plays well against Biden’s safe strategy.

The CNN Battleground States poll, a mashup of polls in 15 key states, showed a five-point lead for Trump.
Breitbart (it's kind of funny, their sole link for that whole story is a single tweet).

Trump also edged Biden in “stamina and sharpness,” suggesting the president has found a favorable attack line after multiple attempts, and one that plays well against Biden’s safe strategy.
Ah, Breitbart. Yeah the count there was 49-46, Trump. Liberals picked Biden 75-17, conservatives picked Trump 84-15, and moderates picked Biden 57-39.

With Dems it was 87-7 Biden, Republicans 78-14 Trump, and with Indies it was 46-42 Biden, so guess that's as expected.

The ability of Trump to whip the MSM to his use for a day or days over a "gaffe" is remarkable.

Under "The President is Weird" we have Trump, not for the first time, dipping into eugenics, praising infamously antisemitic and eugenicist Henry Ford for his bloodlines.

- Like Paras says above, no one seriously thinks Biden has a racist bone in his body. Black voters appreciate Biden because he rode sidecar to the first black President and did so loyally, ably and as a friend. That carries a lot of weight. And I think even Trumpists and the campaign knows this comment by Biden - especially in the context of a whole interview that went well - doesn't mean spit.

Trump however has discussed prior beliefs in eugenics.  - This is who this man is and it's grotesque. But the MSM hardly noticed this.

You guys are singling out black Republicans by name and trying to one up each other. It’s pretty racist.
Discounting the opinion of an African American regarding a racist statement because he’s a Republican so his views don’t matter.....reaching new lows unfortunately. 

twitter:

“Bernie Sanders saying something nice about a well-functioning literacy program resulted in a week of outraged liberals melting down on MSNBC and CNN, but Joe Biden telling black people they “ain’t black” gets a collective shrug from the same circus. These are not serious people.”

squistion said:
A lot of democrats like Obama and Hillary were against gay marriage at one point in time, that doesn't make them a homophobe in 2020.

Democrats can evolve and change their positions (see Civil Rights for black people). Republicans, not so much.
The Democratic Party?  The party that fought FOR Slavery, started the KKK and moved blacks form a physical plantation to a virtual one with their welfare policies?  THOSE Democrats?  :lol:

Please.  The revisionist history is bad around here, but this takes the cake.  The biggest lie ever told was that Democrats care about black people.  They care about their vote every 4 years, that's it.  Otherwise, it's back to the virtual plantation.

The Democratic Party?  The party that fought FOR Slavery, started the KKK and moved blacks form a physical plantation to a virtual one with their welfare policies?  THOSE Democrats? 

Please.  The revisionist history is bad around here, but this takes the cake.  The biggest lie ever told was that Democrats care about black people.  They care about their vote every 4 years, that's it.  Otherwise, it's back to the virtual plantation.
Yes, those Democrats in the south, like Strom Thurmond who later became Republicans when the Democratic Party came out against segregaton.

Democrats, particularly the work of Lyndon Johnson, were chiefly responsible for getting The Civil Rights Act of 1964 passed, and have championing minority civil rights since then.  

we should sit back and listen to people that were personally affected by Bidens comments

https://twitter.com/ofcrdeonjoseph/status/1263961864687386624

Thank you.
This guy’s got anti-Clapper, Tara Reade, and #walkaway in his timeline. He’s already predisposed to this POV. Black does not equal liberal Democrat I think was the original point IIRC. I’m not saying he’s a Trump supporter but the question is whether a single black Democratic voter will be affected by this comment and so far citing a bunch of conservatives isn’t flying.

Yes, those Democrats in the south, like Strom Thurmond who later became Republicans when the Democratic Party came out against segregaton.

Democrats, particularly the work of Lyndon Johnson, were chiefly responsible for getting The Civil Rights Act of 1964 passed, and have championing minority civil rights since then.  
Negative.  This is what i'm talking about when I saw you're making stuff up.  Your lies need to stop.

The civil rights act would not have passed had it not been for republicans.

https://www.countable.us/articles/17557-fact-check-republicans-voted-civil-rights-act-percentage-democrats-did

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2010/may/25/michael-steele/steele-says-gop-fought-hard-civil-rights-bills-196/

Also, it would not have gotten as far as it did without a key republican - I can't remember his name offhand.

This revision history about Democrats suddenly becoming republicans when they take some of the most atrocious positions in our nations history is just that - revisionist.  Sorry, pal.  You ain't gonna' spread that stink on me - that belongs to you and your party exclusively.

HellToupee said:
Georgia Democrat State Rep responds to Biden and other like minded liberals 

https://twitter.com/RepVernonJones/status/1263863542786252801?s=20

Vernon Jones

@RepVernonJones

I’ve been black all my life. But I’ve never been anyone’s property, especially not

@JoeBiden

. You’re not entitled to black support, Joe. You haven’t even earned it.
Meh.  His opinion doesn’t matter.  The PSF has plenty of white dudes that stayed in a Holiday inn last night that are much more credible.  

Yeah I get it, terrible statement in isolation,  but I’ve yet to see where it will even register a blip in turnout or voting decisions.
Its the kind of statement that should make him step down, and let Bernie run in his place. Bernie is the only one that has a legit shot at winning over Trump, so it's a win win.

Its the kind of statement that should make him step down, and let Bernie run in his place. Bernie is the only one that has a legit shot at winning over Trump, so it's a win win.
Whoof, no way. When Trump said,  "I think any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat -- it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty,” I don’t think resignation was ever raised even though - since he attacked the loyalty of Jews as Americans - it was far worse.

Whoof, no way. When Trump said,  "I think any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat -- it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty,” I don’t think resignation was ever raised even though - since he attacked the loyalty of Jews as Americans - it was far worse.
If I was a Trump hater, and my best defense for Biden was "Trump said something similar!" id really want to swap Biden out for Bernie ASAP.

Thats just how I am as an honest person.

Cut him some slack. His posts are probably all just copy and paste tweets anyway (since he never answered my question about it, I am going to assume he makes a habit of copying and pasting tweets and not linking to them).
Didn’t Biden get famously popped for plagiarism?   I think it’s just an homage to his leader.  

Users who are viewing this thread