What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread (2 Viewers)

Proof his voters don't care about sexual assault, eh
No proof that this was a nothing burger from a complete flake.

Here is the latest:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/22/lawyer-drops-tara-reade-as-client-274635

Tara Reade’s lawyer drops her as a client

Tara Reade’s attorney announced Friday that he will no longer represent her as a client.

In a statement, Douglas Wigdor, who has represented victims of sexual assault in the past, said the decision did not have to do with the question of whether Joe Biden sexually assaulted her in 1993, as Reade has alleged.

The announcement came a day after defense lawyers in California said they were reviewing whether she misrepresented her credentials in past cases where she testified as an expert witness.

Wigdor asserted he made the decision earlier in the week.

“Our Firm no longer represents Tara Reade. Our decision, made on May 20, is by no means a reflection on whether then-Senator Biden sexually assaulted Ms. Reade,” Wigdor wote. “On that point, our view — which is the same view held by the majority of Americans, according to a Harvard CAPS-Harris Poll — has not changed.”

Here is the latest:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/22/lawyer-drops-tara-reade-as-client-274635

Tara Reade’s attorney announced Friday that he will no longer represent her as a client.

In a statement, Douglas Wigdor, who has represented victims of sexual assault in the past, said the decision did not have to do with the question of whether Joe Biden sexually assaulted her in 1993, as Reade has alleged.

The announcement came a day after defense lawyers in California said they were reviewing whether she misrepresented her credentials in past cases where she testified as an expert witness.

“Our Firm no longer represents Tara Reade. Our decision, made on May 20, is by no means a reflection on whether then-Senator Biden sexually assaulted Ms. Reade,” Wigdor wote. “On that point, our view — which is the same view held by the majority of Americans, according to a Harvard CAPS-Harris Poll — has not changed.”
Wow.  So much for believing the victim.  Sounds like her attorney got a visit from some bad hombres?

Here is the latest:

Did you even read what you posted?

“Our Firm no longer represents Tara Reade. Our decision, made on May 20, is by no means a reflection on whether then-Senator Biden sexually assaulted Ms. Reade," Wigdor wote. “On that point, our view — which is the same view held by the majority of Americans, according to a Harvard CAPS-Harris Poll — has not changed.” [Poll found that a majority believed Reade]

Did you even read what you posted?

Our Firm no longer represents Tara Reade. Our decision, made on May 20, is by no means a reflection on whether then-Senator Biden sexually assaulted Ms. Reade," Wigdor wote. “On that point, our view — which is the same view held by the majority of Americans, according to a Harvard CAPS-Harris Poll — has not changed.” [Poll found that a majority believed Reade]
Yeah, the bolded is crystal clear to me and speaks volumes.

The Squad strikes back. 

Ben Jocobs@bencjacobs

Ilhan Omar tells @joshglancy “I do believe [Tara] Reade. Justice can be delayed, but should never be denied.” She adds that if it was up to her, Biden wouldn’t be the candidate.

https://twitter.com/bencjacobs/status/1264681648773357568?s=21
This is likely to be a he said-she said, but Democrats have been revealed (if it wasn't obvious already) that the #MeToo movement was a sham largely for political reasons. Any rational person knows you don't "believe all woman". Instead, you should listen, but verify and believe if it can be proven true.

steeler6 said:
So much can and will change between now and Nov. polls are meaningless. 
This is one election where the challenger (Biden) literally doesn't matter. He can take the nap in his basement and see what happens.

If there is a 2nd wave and kids are not back in school, unemployment doesn't improve dramatically from low's, Trump is done.

If there is a vaccine on it's way, Trump is likely going to win.

Either way, very tight margin. The one thing Trump has going for him vs. Biden is voter enthusiasm. 

Right now, it's definitely too early though to be that worried about polls (although it's not too early for the campaigns to try and shape them).

This is one election where the challenger (Biden) literally doesn't matter. He can take the nap in his basement and see what happens.

If there is a 2nd wave and kids are not back in school, unemployment doesn't improve dramatically from low's, Trump is done.

If there is a vaccine on it's way, Trump is likely going to win.

Either way, very tight margin. The one thing Trump has going for him vs. Biden is voter enthusiasm. 

Right now, it's definitely too early though to be that worried about polls (although it's not too early for the campaigns to try and shape them).
Where is this Trump enthusiasm?  

This is likely to be a he said-she said, but Democrats have been revealed (if it wasn't obvious already) that the #MeToo movement was a sham largely for political reasons. Any rational person knows you don't "believe all woman". Instead, you should listen, but verify and believe if it can be proven true.
Which is how most Democrats interpreted it, not that a sexual assault claim by any woman is always to be believed without question. 

There has been polling comparing Trump/Biden supporters and showing a large gap between the two. That's one clear advantage he has over Biden.
I for sure expected Trump voters to be more motivated than Biden voters but it appears it’s no longer trending that way:

“Among voters who are extremely motivated about voting this fall, Biden has a 12-point advantage (53-41 percent).  More Biden supporters (69 percent) than Trump supporters (63 percent) feel extremely motivated to vote.“

This poll was just released a couple of days ago and came from Fox News, which we all know usually favors Trump.

Last edited by a moderator:
There has been polling comparing Trump/Biden supporters and showing a large gap between the two. That's one clear advantage he has over Biden.
Rasmussen: Trump approval falls five net points to 43-55, his worst day since April 13th.

Most interestingly, today is his worst "approval index" (strongly approve minus strongly disapprove) since January *2019.* His strongly approve is at 31%, strongly disapprove at 47%.
This guy.

Fwiw This strong approval/disapproval number is an oft stated enthusiasm index. This isn't so much an indicator of Biden's enthusiam level here, but it's an indicator of enthusiasm for people to vote against Trump.

I'm glad Biden got some sunlight today. Good cause. 
I don’t think he got too much sun. They made sure to dress him in his ninja mask to appease the psf crowd and the Karen’s of the world. Gotta mask up while riding in a motorcade going 5 minutes to an empty park to lay a wreath you know.

Looks pretty presidential.

Trump spent his day trolling about the Republican convention in NC, crying about being treated unfairly about golfing, and Obamagating.

Great guy!
WaPo put it best:

The Washington Post‏ @washingtonpost 7h7 hours ago

On weekend dedicated to war dead, Trump tweets insults, promotes baseless claims and plays golf 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/on-weekend-dedicated-to-war-dead-trump-tweets-insults-promotes-baseless-claims-and-plays-golf/2020/05/24/a1a79876-9dc3-11ea-9590-1858a893bd59_story.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=wp_main

I don’t think he got too much sun. They made sure to dress him in his ninja mask to appease the psf crowd and the Karen’s of the world. Gotta mask up while riding in a motorcade going 5 minutes to an empty park to lay a wreath you know.
It’s sad that wearing a mask for extra precaution (especially for a 77 year old who is at a decent risk if he contracts it) has turned into a political statement now. 

This country is so divided and it’s really a shame to see.

I thought no one is this forum would actually criticize Biden for wearing a mask, but I was wrong.

And as someone noted on the Twitters: "Joe Biden isn't afraid to be seen in public wearing a mask, a leader leads by example!"

I thought no one is this forum would actually criticize Biden for wearing a mask, but I was wrong.

And as someone noted on the Twitters: "Joe Biden isn't afraid to be seen in public wearing a mask, a leader leads by example!"
Not criticizing, just concerned about his vitamin D levels.

Yes I saw the media and twitters cheering Biden for wearing a mask to the empty field. They love their mask politics.

Symbolic for Joe that it's not a white mask?   Good for him.  Good cause.

squistion said:

Here is the latest:

it is absolutely amazing to me how Democrats can straight-facedly accept media reports like this as legitimate and fair, while 18 months or so ago championing those same media outlets screaming from the hills that Christine Ford's allegations should unquestionably be taken as gospel truth because we need to "believe women", and not feel even one iota of cognitive dissonance. 

that's not saying that Republicans are any better, because they're not, but at some point you'd think the left - who have now almost completely co-opted the right's insufferable "faith and values" mid-90s playbook and trumpet themselves as the party of shrill moral superiority, rectitude and social justice - would get tired of this kind of blatant hypocrisy.

but if there's one thing that's true of us humans, it's that we always need somebody to be the bad guy, and so here we are in modern American politics, bastion of unrepentant tribalism. It's us and them, and we're always right and they're always wrong, even when we're all doing the same things.

Not criticizing, just concerned about his vitamin D levels.

Yes I saw the media and twitters cheering Biden for wearing a mask to the empty field. They love their mask politics.
:lmao: . First time out in public in two months. Can you imagine?  To be fair though, he probably doesnt have any gasp of how long it had been. 

:shrug:

We are in the midst of a pandemic. Most people have barely been out in public the past two months
I cant imagine.

And I doubt it's most, surely you've gone to the grocery store a few times no?  You've been spotted outside walking around your neighborhood?  

I cant imagine.

And I doubt it's most, surely you've gone to the grocery store a few times no?  You've been spotted outside walking around your neighborhood?  
Good point. I have been out to grocery store several times and walk my neighborhood multiple times per day

Users who are viewing this thread