What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread (7 Viewers)

Where is Joe?  Has he talked to the Floyd family like Trump has?  Anything besides one tweet stating the obvious?  Hes not aware of what is going on is he?  

He talked to the family the other day. He commented on the issue before Trump the other day, did so without managing to talk about looting and shooting. 
He doesnt know there is looting going on. Maybe he does, but, he doesnt understand why. He has trouble connecting dots. 

Last edited by a moderator:
He did a couple interviews about this yesterday. He has commented about it today. 

What are you basing this on? A minute ago you didn’t seem aware if what he’s said outside of a tweet.
Zero talk about Biden. 

Corona - Trump

Extreme Leftist Riots  - Trump

I'm worried his message isnt getting out. Are these basement interviews?  Who with?  

Last edited by a moderator:
The false meme and talking point that Biden has mentally deteriorated. They have repeated it so many times they actually believe it.
Obvious sad deflection away from the embarrassment of Trump and how he has handled this. 

Real bad day today for the country. Such a low point. 

The General said:
Obvious sad deflection away from the embarrassment of Trump and how he has handled this. 

Real bad day today for the country. Such a low point. 
I get the feeling that it'll still get worse before it gets better. Still, this is making my decision to bite the proverbial bullet and vote for Biden a surprisingly easy one.

Where is Joe?  Has he talked to the Floyd family like Trump has? 
Like Trump has? Yes he has and hopefully better. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/30/politics/george-floyd-brother-talks-trump/index.html

George Floyd's brother says Trump 'didn't give me an opportunity to even speak' during phone call

(CNN)George Floyd's family spoke to both President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden this week following Floyd's death in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Speaking to MSNBC's Al Sharpton, George's brother, Philonise Floyd, said his conversation with President Trump was "so fast."

"He didn't give me an opportunity to even speak," Floyd said. "It was hard. I was trying to talk to him, but he just kept, like, pushing me off, like 'I don't want to hear what you're talking about.'

"And I just told him, I want justice. I said that I couldn't believe that they committed a modern-day lynching in broad daylight," he said.

"I asked Vice President Biden -- I never had to beg a man before -- but I asked him, could he please, please get justice for my brother," Floyd said.

"I need it. I do not want to see him on a shirt just like the other guys. Nobody deserved that. Black folk don't deserve that. We're all dying," he said. "Black lives matter."

CNN has reached out to the family and has not heard back.

Trump said Friday he'd spoken to Floyd's family but didn't reveal details of the conversation.

"I want to express our nation's deepest condolences and most heartfelt sympathies to the family of George Floyd," Trump said during a roundtable event at the White House, later adding, "I spoke to members of the family -- terrific people."

"I asked Vice President Biden -- I never had to beg a man before -- but I asked him, could he please, please get justice for my brother," Floyd said.
Something in the way of national policy is needed. When something like this happens with a police force there has to be a federal investigation. It happened in NO, our police department and our jail ended up under federal oversight after a consent decree.

I supported Bernie for President, but I'm having a hard time getting excited over Biden.  
You're definitely not alone, Bernie and Joe have very different policies and career paths over their time in government. 

It really comes down to whether you are more interested in getting Trump out or following Bernie's policy positions. Howie Hawkins (or whoever the Green nominee is ... possibly Jesse Ventura still) are pretty close to what Bernie was proposing. I don't fault anyone who just wants Trump out though. 

Think of the alternative and how he has responded to the protests/riots of the last week and it shouldn't be that hard IMO.
How did the Obama admin respond to protests in Ferguson?  Standing Rock?  Occupy Wall Street?  With the same militarized brutality, but prettier rhetoric.  

That's not an endorsement of what Trump is doing here, which is completely abhorrent, but they cracked down on protesters too.  

How did the Obama admin respond to protests in Ferguson?  Standing Rock?  Occupy Wall Street?  With the same militarized brutality, but prettier rhetoric.  

That's not an endorsement of what Trump is doing here, which is completely abhorrent, but they cracked down on protesters too.  
How would you have these mobs handled?

A vote for Joe Biden is a vote for 

civility 

moderation 

competence 

reason 

centrism 

compromise 

empathy 

NORMAL 
Normal? many people don't seem to want normal. They like things all ####ed up just the way they are. And that is exactly what Trump has brought them. Congrats to them.

A thing to consider about constantly attacking Biden on his age.

You know who likes to vote - old people.

I wonder how they constantly like hearing how being old means you are incompetent. People in general wouldn’t like this I’d think.

A thing to consider about constantly attacking Biden on his age.

You know who likes to vote - old people.

I wonder how they constantly like hearing how being old means you are incompetent. People in general wouldn’t like this I’d think.
Maybe that's why Trump wants to take away mail in voting. He knows he's lost the older voters.

Why aren't we seeing Joe Biden plastered all over the air waves with a plea for peace...a calming message...some ideas for moving forward...etc.  Isn't this a great opportunity for him to show some leadership qualities when his opponent clearly is not?  I have seen Klobuchar on talk shows.  I have seen Harris being interviewed.  I've seen Booker.  Where is Joe?  Am I just missing his appearances?  I feel like we should be hearing him shouting messages of unity from the rooftops.  This unfortunate state of our nation is screaming for some leadership and this should be a golden opportunity for him to illustrate he is a better choice than Trump.

Why aren't we seeing Joe Biden plastered all over the air waves with a plea for peace...a calming message...some ideas for moving forward...etc.  Isn't this a great opportunity for him to show some leadership qualities when his opponent clearly is not?  I have seen Klobuchar on talk shows.  I have seen Harris being interviewed.  I've seen Booker.  Where is Joe?  Am I just missing his appearances?  I feel like we should be hearing him shouting messages of unity from the rooftops.  This unfortunate state of our nation is screaming for some leadership and this should be a golden opportunity for him to illustrate he is a better choice than Trump.
Apparently you are. I heard him yesterday and the day before. 

I saw him this morning on the news doing exactly that.

A better question is why isn't the CURRENT POTUS doing this?  Isn't that his job?

I saw him this morning on the news doing exactly that.

A better question is why isn't the CURRENT POTUS doing this?  Isn't that his job?
I guess I am watching the wrong programs.  Just seems quiet to me, like he is missing opportunity.  I don't have an answer for your question, but I have come to expect it, so it doesn't surprise me as much.

I guess that's the problem I have with Biden.  I just don't know what he stands for.  You're right...  lack of leadership on his part through the Covid crisis and now the riots going on in various cities.  I could rattle off a half dozen things Bernie stood for that I liked....  with Biden, I'm at a loss.  I would like to vote for Biden.  I'm an independent voter, so I'm not in the tank for either party and so far I'm pretty much on the fence between Biden and Trump.  Then on the other hand, Trump hasn't really done anything to make me feel strongly like I want to vote against him.  So I'm on the fence....

Or maybe we'd hear from the guy who is like the actual president.  

I guess that's the problem I have with Biden.  I just don't know what he stands for.  You're right...  lack of leadership on his part through the Covid crisis and now the riots going on in various cities.  I could rattle off a half dozen things Bernie stood for that I liked....  with Biden, I'm at a loss.  I would like to vote for Biden.  I'm an independent voter, so I'm not in the tank for either party and so far I'm pretty much on the fence between Biden and Trump.  Then on the other hand, Trump hasn't really done anything to make me feel strongly like I want to vote against him.  So I'm on the fence....
He holds no office...so leadership during covid?

Users who are viewing this thread