What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread (6 Viewers)

Probably the best speech he’s ever given. 

I will take responsibility and I won’t blame others
Probably so, and at a time it is sorely needed. I just hope they are genuine, and not forgotten, words once the campaign season is over.  

About prime time, there are media experts involved here. It's possible Biden did it in the morning to get ahead of the news cycle and let it be carried into the evening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, security reasons with protestors/police clashing as evening comes on the east coast.
Im sure...I think people would be good to hear it in prime time...but the message drowned out by possible protests.

Also good it gives his campaign all day to cut clips of it to push out there all across media and social media 

That's the problem with the whole thing... They're completely running against Trump, not really committing to anything for a platform and hiding him so he doesn't say something he'll regret.

Sadly that may be enough to win, but if you're looking for something in a platform this isn't it.
As one political commentator put it, "Biden is the 'yes, but...' candidate."

He's really milking this tragedy for political gain. Glad to see the Dems are learning some lessons about how politics is played in the U.S. in 2020.

Donald Trump’s disapproval rating has hit 54%, the highest it’s been in 2020. Good sign for Biden.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/
Maybe. I think a lot is going to depend on 3 factors: 

1.When and how the riots stop. Not the protests, the riots. 
2. How much the economy rebounds. 
3. How much COVID spikes. 

The answers to these questions are unpredictable and beyond anyone’s.control. 

I am not voting for Trump and I am sure as #### not voting for Biden.  What an absolute mess.   How does the democratic party continue to shoot itself in the foot?
Can't say this enough!  I haven't voted since Clinton, but I'll have to vote for Trump,. Because of their own crap show.  The people laughing are the problem.    all the democrats had to do was run Correy Booker for. President or the Pete Bude sp? and I and most of America would probably have voted for them.

Can't say this enough!  I haven't voted since Clinton, but I'll have to vote for Trump,. Because of their own crap show.  The people laughing are the problem.    all the democrats had to do was run Correy Booker for. President or the Pete Bude sp? and I and most of America would probably have voted for them.
Um, no. Booker never generated much enthusiasm among rank and file Democrats. They liked him but didn't find him electable. Mayor Pete has the baggage of being an openly gay candidate which is a deal breaker in the rust belt and swing states for 2020. 

Um, no. Booker never generated much enthusiasm among rank and file Democrats. They liked him but didn't find him electable. Mayor Pete has the baggage of being an openly gay candidate which is a deal breaker in the rust belt and swing states for 2020. 
Both candidates would have been better than Biden and would have beaten Trump. Imo

Biden now up 3+ In RCP betting odds sites.

When @widbill originally posted this it was Trump +5 maybe a week ago? It broke to a dead heat yesterday and Biden has moved up 3 points since then. The betting markets have been favoring Trump for months until just recently.
IMO Trump lost the election this week with his photo op and how he removed peaceful Americans.   

People will not forget that.. 

He went to the church the peaceful protesters nearly burned down. Turn off CNN. Biden is going to get creamed.
No...anyone that set fire to the church were not peaceful protesters.

And he didn't go in the church...he kicked people off of church property (sorry, had them kicked off) so he could pander with a picture.  He didn't survey any damage, didn't talk to church personnel...instead, church personnel were physically removed from the patio of the property.

Nobody needs to watch CNN to see that...if they open their eyes and look at any reputable media they will see what actually happened.

I'd imagine the "normal" state of this race is probably around Biden +5ish. Slightly above Clinton's margin (his negatives aren't as high) but also slightly below the current polling (the recent news cycles have been a bloodbath for Trump).

Biden needs to maintain that normal over the next 150 days. Trump needs to drive Biden's negatives up and siphon votes to 3rd parties or non-votes. 

If you are pinning your hopes on biden then good luck man.  Seriously.   Not a trump fan but he is going to wreck joe
Yeah I hear you I'm just pointing out how Trump is seriously deficient on this, he's emotional and hysterical often. - I do hope the MSM and the mods for the debates actually learn something from 2016 rather than let him soak up air time with bs, if they want to set him off (implode) they certainly can, we've seen enough examples.

If you are pinning your hopes on biden then good luck man.  Seriously.   Not a trump fan but he is going to wreck joe
In the same way that Trump voters overlooked his flaws I think there’s a motivated group that will overlook any perceived flaws Joe will have.*  The number of people who will actually watch the debate and not have their mind already made up is fairly insignificant, IMO.

*Not condoning it - it’s just where we are today

Not sure if serious.  He destroyed Hillary in the debates.   His tactics suck but they are effective and joe is not quick enough to handle him. 
That you think he destroyed Hillary may be showing some bias here.

He flat out refuses to actually talk any issues and comes across like a child.

There is no real meaningful measure that would claim he destroyed Hillary in any debates.

Just as an example if Hugh Hewitt or one of the other mods had chosen to drive Trump into the ground on the "nuclear triad" question in 2016 they could have, the man hates having his ignorance exposed or really being forced to answer anything directly. Totally up to the debate hosts, I hope they do it but it's probably too much to ask for. Now does Biden have that in his tool kit? No idea.

All Biden should do is stick to his question and issues and basically ignore Trumps attempts to derail things.

Trump couldn’t wreck anyone...what is he going tondo, yell wrong over and over?
I am really looking forward to the debates and Trump will be nasty, insulting and mean spirited hoping to rattle Biden. But Joe will not only maintain his cool, he will laugh at Trump, like he did with Paul Ryan and then we may see a complete Trump meltdown on national television. 

I am really looking forward to the debates and Trump will be nasty, insulting and mean spirited hoping to rattle Biden. But Joe will not only maintain his cool, he will laugh at Trump, like he did with Paul Ryan and then we may see a complete Trump meltdown on national television. 
Wut?

Biden is terrible under pressure and thinking on his feet.  What are you talking about?

https://www.newsweek.com/2020/06/12/joe-biden-human-gaffe-machine-was-once-great-public-speaker-1507687.html

https://nypost.com/2020/05/15/joe-biden-mixes-up-number-of-jobs-lost-coronavirus-deaths/

https://nypost.com/2020/06/03/charlamagne-tha-god-calls-out-bidens-racist-senate-history/

oof

Not sure if serious.  He destroyed Hillary in the debates.   His tactics suck but they are effective and joe is not quick enough to handle him. 
Full disclosure, I can't stand Hillary, but all Trump had were sound bites against her, and he still lost the popular vote by 3 million. Now we have 3.5 years of his "leadership" to judge him by, and he is sorely lacking in pretty much every category. Biden is not perfect, but I would much rather see him in office than Trump.

Users who are viewing this thread