What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread (5 Viewers)

Interesting campaign strategy...not campaigning with less then two months till the election...don't usually see too many candidates taking personal days when running for President.
Just Horace Greeley in 1872 and Trump in 2016. So, it seems to work 50% of the time.

:confused:

Not sure your point here? Do you want to this thread to be filled with an ever-escalating series of links to all the times Trump "put a lid" on his campaign activities in 2016?
I think my point is very obvious...it is an interesting strategy Biden is employing when one of the knocks on Biden is whether he is fit for the job....not sure why you are bringing up Trump with regard to this...my post had nothing to do with him so please remain on topic if you want to respond.

I think my point is very obvious...it is an interesting strategy Biden is employing when one of the knocks on Biden is whether he is fit for the job....not sure why you are bringing up Trump with regard to this...my post had nothing to do with him so please remain on topic if you want to respond.
Seems like employing a strategy that maintains his lead indicates he's fit for the job. Also, since the campaign is Biden vs. Trump, comparisons between them are fair game here. Even more so in this case as Trump employed this strategy when by all counts he didn't have a lead - indicating wasn't and isn't fit for the job.

You said it was an interesting strategy and I pointed out that the strategy has been tried multiple times in the past, including Trump in 2016. There's no need to try to hide the elephant in the room here (pun intended).

You said it was an interesting strategy and I pointed out that the strategy has been tried multiple times in the past, including Trump in 2016. There's no need to try to hide the elephant in the room here (pun intended).
Again, this has nothing to do with Trump because he did not have the questions about him that Biden currently has... two different situations...if you want to say he is playing the 4 corners offense like Groovus said above (or in fact he is actually copying Trump in 2016) then that is a strategy as much as I think it is a mistake along the lines of Hillary taking Wisconsin for granted in 2016.

I guess I can't get behind the notion that Biden might be unfit so we shouldn't vote for him and that we shouldn't compare him to Trump (when the topic is about candidacy for President). We know Trump is unfit, it's obvious to anyone who isn't far down the barrel of the Trump / Republican Leadership / Fox+OAN media gaslighting. So, we have a choice between a guy who might be unfit, and one who definitely is. It's not really a tough choice.

Huh - so Hunter Biden got wired $3.5 million from the mayor of Moscow's wife.  

I'm sure this is completely normal and above board.  After all, what's 3.5 mil between friends... in Moscow?  

Last edited by a moderator:
The best they came up with out of this GOP hit job was $.3.5 million...umm...how much have Kushner and Ivanka made in the last 4 years off of places like China?
Why look even that far? This administration has directed $1 million in taxpayer money to Trump properties during his administration. It's on public record, no conspiracy theories needed. When do the Republicans start getting concerned about that?

Buzzfeed?  Seriously, if we want to go there I have an Infowars rebuttal to that rebuttal (i.e. absurd to follow the absurd). 

We can drag @timschochet in here to wax eloquent on appropriate news sources.  That one is a million miles away from referenceable. 
Its not great no...then again, neither os a GOP led investigation 

Huh - so Hunter Biden got wired $3.5 million from the mayor of Moscow's wife.  

I'm sure this is completely normal and above board.  After all, what's 3.5 mil between friends... in Moscow?  
We don't care about that kind of thing anymore do we?  Or has that changed?

Buzzfeed?  Seriously, if we want to go there I have an Infowars rebuttal to that rebuttal (i.e. absurd to follow the absurd). 

We can drag @timschochet in here to wax eloquent on appropriate news sources.  That one is a million miles away from referenceable. 
Dodging the content of the article because you don't like the source doesn't make what's covered in the article any less true. 

"the extent to which Hunter Biden’s role on Burisma’s board affected US policy toward Ukraine is not clear..."

"Hunter Biden received a $3.5 million wire transfer from Elena Baturina, the wife of the former mayor of Moscow.” But the report later states that the transfer was made to a company co-founded by Hunter and does not provide evidence to suggest that he himself received the money. Johnson and Grassley’s source appears in the footnotes to be a “confidential document."
The report itself has holes. And it's based on no new information, we've known all of the of foundational elements for several years.

:coffee:

Perhaps he is preparing for the first presidential debate rather than traveling the country holding superspreader events.
This is what's happening, but I'm curious if it's the right time investment for Biden. Polling suggests there are very few undecided voters and the debates won't change anyone's mind. Trump could pull down his pants and take a dump on stage and his 42% will swoon over how well he did. Turning out voters and making sure their votes are counted is everything at this point.

That said, I do think the debates are more important for Biden than Trump. In part because I think most people assume Biden will do better and come off as more Presidential. He can afford a few small gaffes but anything major or significantly underperforming could be a problem. 

This is what's happening, but I'm curious if it's the right time investment for Biden. Polling suggests there are very few undecided voters and the debates won't change anyone's mind. Trump could pull down his pants and take a dump on stage and his 42% will swoon over how well he did. Turning out voters and making sure their votes are counted is everything at this point.

That said, I do think the debates are more important for Biden than Trump. In part because I think most people assume Biden will do better and come off as more Presidential. He can afford a few small gaffes but anything major or significantly underperforming could be a problem. 
I think this first debate has importance in Biden putting to rest the ‘senile’ tact the GOP has been pushing for a year now. That alone may actually sway some voters.

What are the odds Biden wins pretty decisively? I am saying they are a lot better than people think. 

We have 6 more weeks? I simply pray the country has a record voter turnout. We need to move on as quickly as possible from this current utter disaster and embarrassment of a so called President. I am at the top end of disgust that this country could even think for a second this is a leader of the greatest country in the world. He has pissed on what our democracy was built upon. 

My god......the exhaustion. It’s real. I look forward to normalcy in the White House. Where unless there is a crisis....I can watch the State of the Union once a year.....and know we have a stable, decent and competent human being leading our country. 

The last 4 years have been incredibly difficult to stomach. It is crazy.....when he first got into office I tried. I really did. I said “hey maybe this can be ok”. And then he simply get opening his mouth on twitter....every f***ing day and saying things I simply could not even believe a President of the United States. And after his comments on Charlottesville.....that was it for me. I simply looked at my wife and said “did he really just say that?"

We are talking about the intelligence of a peanut here. The maturity of a 10 year old bully in school. A total narcissistic, sociopath in the highest office of our country.

I want the newspaper headlines to read on November 4th

“Trump's Reality Show Has Been Canceled After a 4 year Run” "Your Fired!!!!!"

I have lost several longtime friends in the last 4 years because I really found out what kind of human beings they were as they had cult like loyalty to this despicable human being. I am truly at  loss of words at this point and in no way can this country take another 4 years of this utter incompetence and madness and the shameless disregard of our democracy. 

Please........make sure you get out and vote and bring sanity back to the White House. The experiment failed. It is time to get him the **** outta there. 

Users who are viewing this thread