What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread (5 Viewers)

Joe should really ramp up the appearances these last 2 weeks. He needs to be in PA, WI, MI, MN, AZ, FL and perhaps OH. Probably can bag SC and GA, send surrogates, don't waste the time personally, not likely to win there. NV and ME are also potential stops, although he's probably running out of time to hit all of those. 

Hillary dropped the ball on this in 2016. Pandemic or no, Joe needs to not repeat the mistake. 
I don't disagree with this but how much of an impact does that really make?  I remember folks saying that Hillary dropped the ball in 2016, especially in Wisconsin.  How many voters are really saying - you know, I was going to vote Biden but he never showed up here so I'm going with Trump?  I mean, it seems ridiculous under normal circumstances with "normal" candidates but even more so this year.  And again, I think you are probably right and I'm off-base but it still seems weird to me.

I don't disagree with this but how much of an impact does that really make?  I remember folks saying that Hillary dropped the ball in 2016, especially in Wisconsin.  How many voters are really saying - you know, I was going to vote Biden but he never showed up here so I'm going with Trump?  I mean, it seems ridiculous under normal circumstances with "normal" candidates but even more so this year.  And again, I think you are probably right and I'm off-base but it still seems weird to me.
I don’t think it changes minds.  I think it motivates some that might not have voted to do it.

I think the argument about Hillary's strategy in 2016 is not that it caused people to vote for Trump but that people stayed home who may have otherwise come out for her if she campaigned more in, say, Milwaukee. Whether or not that's true I don't know.

Either way I think this year is different. The two most important things for Biden to do between now and November 3 are (A) not get COVID and (B) let Trump make an idiot out of himself.

Normally, that makes sense. This year, do everything possible. In-person, lawn signs, door-to-door, everything. There's likely a couple of points worth of process shenanigans in a few key states. Need to overcome that and the likelihood that any thin margin anywhere will be contested with lawsuits. Joe can't afford to come across as disengaged in any way. Trump is taking Air Force One to all of these places. It all makes a difference in getting turnout.  

Obama will be in Philly in support of Biden tomorrow for a "drive in rally" at Citizens Bank Park.
"It’s Obama’s first in-person campaign event anywhere for the presidential election this year, Joe Biden’s campaign said. He will speak to the importance of early voting and will specifically address Black voters, especially Black men, the campaign said."

Last edited by a moderator:
Obama will be in Philly in support of Biden tomorrow for a "drive in rally" at Citizens Bank Park.
"It’s Obama’s first in-person campaign event anywhere for the presidential election this year, Joe Biden’s campaign said. He will speak to the importance of early voting and will specifically address Black voters, especially Black men, the campaign said."
Compared to 2016, I think the dems are starting to get a clue.  Male black voters are not a Biden hotspot. Females of most ages and ethnicity are. So are many demographics of white males. Glad that someone finally woke the dems up.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would think this was a bigger deal.   Too bad Biden didnt have this when asked about law enforcement

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2020/10/20/list-of-former-senior-military-leaders-backing-biden-now-outnumbers-trumps.html
No candidate should ever mention the military when discussing "law enforcement".

"Law enforcement" = domestic police officers

"Military" = foreign soldiers

And (hopefully) never the twain shall meet. It's one of the founding principles of this country, and the primary reason that the 2nd and 3rd Amendments exist.

President Lisa Simpson needs to raise taxes after the previous President, Trump, has nearly bankrupted the country. Instead of calling it a crippling tax increase, she decided to call it a temporary refund adjustment which played well amongst Moe and the patrons at his bar. Biden should try this phraseology. 

Kamala Harris is going to campaign in Texas on Friday. This seems ill advised to me. I know it's just one day, or part of one day, but I'd think they'd want to be focusing on Wisconsin, Michigan, and particularly Pennsylvania. Going to Texas feels like the same kind of hubris Clinton engaged in in 2016, where they thought they'd expand the scope of their win instead of ensuring they actually won, ignoring the key states that would prove to be the difference in the election.

Kamala Harris is going to campaign in Texas on Friday. This seems ill advised to me. I know it's just one day, or part of one day, but I'd think they'd want to be focusing on Wisconsin, Michigan, and particularly Pennsylvania. Going to Texas feels like the same kind of hubris Clinton engaged in in 2016, where they thought they'd expand the scope of their win instead of ensuring they actually won, ignoring the key states that would prove to be the difference in the election.
I know nothing about running a campaign but I had this thought too.  The only thing I could think of is to make Trump play "defense".

I would have her in Philadelphia and Detroit trying to get the AA vote out - but what do I know.

The Texas state House race immediately comes to mind. 

I know nothing about running a campaign but I had this thought too.  The only thing I could think of is to make Trump play "defense".

I would have her in Philadelphia and Detroit trying to get the AA vote out - but what do I know.
There is certainly egg on face potential making decisions as if you have the win and are pushing for the blowout, but that's my read here. 

I'd have her and Biden in GA, NC, IA and AZ over the course of the week and then the blue wall of PA, MI and WI.

Trump may squeak out TX, OH and FL, but he's very vulnerable and, if polling is to be believed, may be trailing in all of these states.

Last stand for Trump. He's in trouble in most states. Biden and Harris should be trying to finish this off. 

I'd have her and Biden in GA, NC, IA and AZ over the course of the week and then the blue wall of PA, MI and WI.

Trump may squeak out TX, OH and FL, but he's very vulnerable and, if polling is to be believed, may be trailing in all of these states.

Last stand for Trump. He's in trouble in most states. Biden and Harris should be trying to finish this off. 
I really don't know how anyone could be this confident right now. If Biden loses, it will be for many of the same reasons that Hillary lost wrt not getting out there enough in key areas.

I really don't know how anyone could be this confident right now. If Biden loses, it will be for many of the same reasons that Hillary lost wrt not getting out there enough in key areas.
Biden going to WI...for the 3rd time (his surrogates were all just there recently as well)

That, as the article states, just after being in Pennsylvania...

Also will be going to Michigan...

I think the dynamic this year (especially with all the early voting) is so much different than 2016 that the comparisons are mostly pointless.

:shrug:  We'll see. I think if he loses, the consensus will be that he didn't get out there enough.
He is currently out there though...I think its clear you can't claim he ignored those states.  I don't think its even close to what Hillary did.

Looks like he is concentrating on those states and sending Harris into Texas and others that they seem close but may be more unlikely to win.  Seems wise to do that IMO.  Spend on advertising in those places...send the surrogates...while the candidate rounds out the last week in places like  PA, MI, and WI

:shrug:  We'll see. I think if he loses, the consensus will be that he didn't get out there enough.
I agree that if Biden loses, the analysis will show that Trump had a stronger ground game in certain states.

However, I also think that you can argue that Trump is making a similar tactical error. For example, Trump has campaigned quite a bit in Florida, North Carolina, and Ohio -- and while he does need those states to win, I think you could argue he should be spending his resources on states that he needs to flip. Basically, at this point in the campaign, Trump needs to just cross his fingers that he'll win FL/NC/OH, and then focus entirely on closing the deficits in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin and/or Arizona.

I agree that if Biden loses, the analysis will show that Trump had a stronger ground game in certain states.

However, I also think that you can argue that Trump is making a similar tactical error. For example, Trump has campaigned quite a bit in Florida, North Carolina, and Ohio -- and while he does need those states to win, I think you could argue he should be spending his resources on states that he needs to flip. Basically, at this point in the campaign, Trump needs to just cross his fingers that he'll win FL/NC/OH, and then focus entirely on closing the deficits in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin and/or Arizona.
I generally agree but he did win every one of those states you mentioned so it's not exactly a flip. I have a feeling it might come down to AZ.

jamny said:
I generally agree but he did win every one of those states you mentioned so it's not exactly a flip. I have a feeling it might come down to AZ.
If we assume the upper Midwest reverts then Trump has to win AZ and PA  (and of course retain OH, FL, GA, NC).  If he does that, he wins.  It comes down to AZ and PA, IMO.  If any of those other states flip to the other nominee then it most likely doesn't matter as it will either be over or signal that it will be over*

*Ignoring any post-election nonsense

Sent another $50 to the big guy today. I always enjoy seeing that gif of him in the vette encouraging additional donations afterwards. It's a good feeling.

Obama and Biden in Detroit. Darn good. Never voted for Obama but he was and is a very fine speaker. Tough act to follow but Biden was solid and I would say a lot of enthusiasm

lazyike said:
Obama and Biden in Detroit. Darn good. Never voted for Obama but he was and is a very fine speaker. Tough act to follow but Biden was solid and I would say a lot of enthusiasm
Michigan is a big state for Biden. Only a 10k vote difference in 2016, I think that was the smallest differential out of all 50 states.

Users who are viewing this thread