Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Joe Bryant

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread

36 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

It’s possible he is right.  Lots of Trump voters are willing to vote for basically anybody else now, because Trump has been such an embarrassment.

That said, ren’s continued support of Gabbard is bizarre.

Pretty much.  It's not that Trump voters were ever all that enamored of him, just that they saw a chance to shake things up and didn't see much risk between him and status quo.  One of Trump's biggest voting blocs was people who disapprove of him.

Really, I don't support Gabbard, I just think her foreign policy outlook is less worse than the rest of the field.  I can't believe there's not a real antiwar voice in this climate.  

5 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

Pretty much.  It's not that Trump voters were ever all that enamored of him, just that they saw a chance to shake things up and didn't see much risk between him and status quo.  One of Trump's biggest voting blocs was people who disapprove of him.

Really, I don't support Gabbard, I just think her foreign policy outlook is less worse than the rest of the field.  I can't believe there's not a real antiwar voice in this climate.  

Agree on the first paragraph.

On the second, there is a difference between anti-war and pro-dictator.  Gabbard is pro-dictator, not anti-war.

4 hours ago, Stuart_Little said:

Wait, I'm confused...you say that like it's a bad thing, but it's won your undying loyalty for 2+ years now. Which is it?

I mean, if Biden deserves to be condemned for giving a muddling answer on a controversial subject, does TalibanTrump's penchant for lies, lying about lies, and lying about anyone who won't lie with him on any subject no matter how  trivial or grave mean his circle of hell is so deep that he flies straight through the center of the earth and into the sun?

Whoa.

What the hell are you babbling about?

Vox does a pretty thorough job here of translating Biden's response to a few different programs he was referencing, including what ren shared above. None directed specifically for blacks. So, I guess now all races can now be offended that he thinks they can't raise their kids without help. ;) 
Seems like ,in his effort to avoid the question, he took his penchant for conflating minorities and poor and started reciting various plans for the disadvantaged. Still not comforting. We deserve a more coherent candidate.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/9/13/20864336/joe-biden-record-player-nurse-home-visit

• Thanks 1

What really needs to happen is Congress retake the power they have let  presidents amass/ stop all these executive orders and put  presidents in their place.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mile High said:

What really needs to happen is Congress retake the power they have let  presidents amass/ stop all these executive orders and put  presidents in their place.

Amen.  There are three branches with shared power for a reason.

2 hours ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Agree on the first paragraph.

On the second, there is a difference between anti-war and pro-dictator.  Gabbard is pro-dictator, not anti-war.

Could you point me to a single statement of hers that was “pro-dictator”?

2 hours ago, urbanhack said:

Biden needs to get out.  What an embarrassment.   

He’s not getting out. And he’s probably going to be the nominee. You’re going to have to get over this. 

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

You can feel sympathy for him once he’s been elected. 

I will right now.

Actually, it's been going on for some years.

To paraphrase Matt Taibbi whenever Joe speaks it makes me feel like I'm stoned and its my fault I can't follow what he's trying to say.

Edited by Murph
  • Laughing 2

8 minutes ago, snitwitch said:

Corn Pop. 

Biden's gang name was Wheat Chex

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, snitwitch said:

I love that Twitter is 99.999% just assuming Biden's being bat####, and .001% like actually tracking the #### down.

Don't get me wrong, Biden's still a brutal candidate.

Claire McCaskell said it best on Meet the Press today: the only people concerned with Biden’s performance are on the internet or journalists. The voters didn’t see anything wrong with it, or with him. 

6 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Sometimes Grandpa should just be grandpa and not President of the United States.

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1173257303476396032

What...the...hell?

He and Ben Carson should engage in a staring contest to determine who is the biggest self-described badass.  Rusty chains, straight razors vs belt buckles.

• Laughing 2

55 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Claire McCaskell said it best on Meet the Press today: the only people concerned with Biden’s performance are on the internet or journalists. The voters didn’t see anything wrong with it, or with him. 

Maybe, but not yet. This is a pretty interesting indicator imo: https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/3633/Who-will-win-the-2020-Democratic-presidential-nomination

1 hour ago, adonis said:

What...the...hell?

He and Ben Carson should engage in a staring contest to determine who is the biggest self-described badass.  Rusty chains, straight razors vs belt buckles.

Carson would find a way to spend half a million dollars on these. 

• Laughing 1

1 hour ago, Good Posting Judge said:

Yeah I’ve seen those odds before but I don’t think they make much sense. Black voters would have to walk away from Biden, and Bernie fans would have to give him up for Warren. I just don’t see either of those happening. 

8 hours ago, timschochet said:

You can feel sympathy for him once he’s been elected. 

He won’t win.  Too many people will stay home rather than vote for him, just like with H Clinton.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

He won’t win.  Too many people will stay home rather than vote for him, just like with H Clinton.

I think you’re wrong. But we’ll see. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, timschochet said:

Yeah I’ve seen those odds before but I don’t think they make much sense. Black voters would have to walk away from Biden, and Bernie fans would have to give him up for Warren. I just don’t see either of those happening. 

Man, I have not realized how much Sanders and Biden's voters line up behind each other as their second choices. But that said, I cannot see how Biden's continuous gaffes can't have at least some impact. And it would be interesting if Sanders dropped, if he'd endorse Warren right away.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/are-there-really-lanes-in-the-2020-democratic-primary/

12 hours ago, timschochet said:

People on the internet aren’t voters?

• Thinking 1

43 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

People on the internet aren’t voters?

Claire is just speaking the DNC talking points.   Or she’s referring to the over-65 crowd she belongs to - and they aren’t on the internet, so that makes sense.

I give tim credit for consistency.  He has a position - for mostly rational reasons - and he’s sticking to it.  It is an admirable stance.

But we’ve seen this so many times before in presidential races.   When a party lacks a quality nominee, they default to the “lifetime achievement award candidate” - and that person gets crushed in the general election.

Examples:  Mondale in 84, Dole in 96, McCain in 2004, H Clinton in 2016.

The only winner from that category in recent years was Bush Sr in 1988 — and he was facing impotent Dukakis — because the likely nominee Gary Hart flamed out in a sex scandal.

Biden is the latest example of inept candidates chosen - mostly by the party - as a “lifetime achievement award” nominee.  It’s a failed strategy.

Edited by Alex P Keaton
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Claire is just speaking the DNC talking points.   Or she’s referring to the over-65 crowd she belongs to - and they aren’t on the internet, so that makes sense.

I give tim credit for consistency.  He has a position - for mostly rational reasons - and he’s sticking to it.  It is an admirable stance.

But we’ve seen this so many times before in presidential races.   When a party lacks a quality nominee, they default to the “lifetime achievement award candidate” - and that person gets crushed in the general election.

Examples:  Mondale in 84, Dole in 96, McCain in 2004, H Clinton in 2016.

The only winner from that category in recent years was Bush Sr in 1988 — and he was facing impotent Dukakis — because the likely nominee Gary Hart flamed out in a sex scandal.

Biden is the latest example of inept candidates chosen - mostly by the party - as a “lifetime achievement award” nominee.  It’s a failed strategy.

I couldn’t agree more. It’s historically a failed strategy and it would fail again this time against any candidate other than Donald Trump. Trump is a unique challenge, and will make this a successful strategy for this first and possibly only time ever. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, timschochet said:

I couldn’t agree more. It’s historically a failed strategy and it would fail again this time against any candidate other than Donald Trump. Trump is a unique challenge, and will make this a successful strategy for this first and possibly only time ever. 

100% hope you are right!!

Claire McCaskell lost her Senate seat running as a moderate. She now makes bank going on TV to tell us that that Democrats need to run more moderates. Great racket there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Murph said:

Claire McCaskell lost her Senate seat running as a moderate. She now makes bank going on TV to tell us that that Democrats need to run more moderates. Great racket there.

She won a lot more elections than she lost. In any case she’s focusing on Democrats winning the rust belt which is the key to next year’s contest. 

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

She won a lot more elections than she lost. In any case she’s focusing on Democrats winning the rust belt which is the key to next year’s contest. 

She successfully rode a wave in 2006.

In 2012 she was neck-and-neck with Akin until the "legitimate rape" comment (dumbest thing ever said by a politician?).

In 2018 she got thrown out in a year where Democrats did very well.

She is the last person anyone should listen to about how to win an election.

Edited by Murph

3 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I need to know what Corn Pop thinks before I form an opinion on this one.

He's dead, Jim.

Black people dont like the corn pop story. Mostly because they see right through it. 

I don't see why people are making fun of the Corn Pop story.  Any student of history will tell you that our most successful presidents have had to face their own personal Corn Pop.  For President Reagan, his Corn Pop was the threat of Soviet communism.  For President Obama, his Corn Pop was our broken and inequitable health care system.  For Joe Biden, his Corn Pop happened to be a razor-wielding gang leader who disrespected the rules of the swimming pool.  But don't we want somebody who has shown the ability to rise to that challenge?

22 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I don't see why people are making fun of the Corn Pop story.  Any student of history will tell you that our most successful presidents have had to face their own personal Corn Pop.  For President Reagan, his Corn Pop was the threat of Soviet communism.  For President Obama, his Corn Pop was our broken and inequitable health care system.  For Joe Biden, his Corn Pop happened to be a razor-wielding gang leader who disrespected the rules of the swimming pool.  But don't we want somebody who has shown the ability to rise to that challenge?

Easier to face that than your own personal Vietnam...

24 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I don't know about others, but what I want to know about Corn Pop is, when it came to his pomade, was he a Fop man or a Dapper Dan man?

Myself, well I prefer Uppercut.*

Had to look that one up since I have no idea of any pomade makers brands or products..

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

51 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Black people dont like the corn pop story.

That’s true.  I just saw an interview where Cory Booker said T-Bone isn’t buying the Corn Pop story.