Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Joe Bryant

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread

50 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

I can't believe the DNC thinks this guy is a good idea.

They will turn on him soon enough.  Give it time.  Warren is their nom. 

23 hours ago, timschochet said:

Claire McCaskell said it best on Meet the Press today:

Just stop yourself right there 

• Laughing 1

32 minutes ago, Max Power said:

They will turn on him soon enough.  Give it time.  Warren is their nom. 

I dunno, feels like 2016 all over again.

1 minute ago, Gr00vus said:

I dunno, feels like 2016 all over again.

I'm getting that vibe as well, but I think they will wise up and not force Biden on everyone. 

3 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I'm getting that vibe as well, but I think they will wise up and not force Biden on everyone. 

Hillary wasn’t forced on anyone. Biden won’t be either. When are you guys going to realize it has nothing to do with the DNC? In both cases, this is who the voters want. 

9 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Hillary wasn’t forced on anyone. Biden won’t be either. When are you guys going to realize it has nothing to do with the DNC? In both cases, this is who the voters want. 

If you won't acknowledge that the DNC put their thumb on the scale for HRC, I'm afraid I'm not going to put a lot of weight on your analysis of 2016. And, as you've pointed out many times already this go around, the voters "want" Joe because he's currently the name they recognize. You don't think the DNC has something to do with that? More importantly, whether it's the DNC or "the voters", running Biden as the candidate is to make the same mistake as 2016. I wonder, how was HRC polling vs. the Republican competition at this point in 2015?

Edited by Gr00vus
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Murph said:

Claire McCaskell lost her Senate seat running as a moderate. She now makes bank going on TV to tell us that that Democrats need to run more moderates. Great racket there.

One of the coolest developments of 2019 is also-ran centrist losers like McCaskill getting paid to give her opinions on liberal cable news programs, along with totally goodfaith nevertrump Republicans (which barely even exist in real life) like Bret Stephens and Rick Wilson getting paid to explain how they’re really onboard to vote for the 2020 Democrat, but only if they avoid any kind of meaningful leftward shift in policy.  

There’s always been an establishment bent in corporate media, but it’s never been so obvious as it is now.  These bogus narratives help Trump.  

16 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Hooray for flawed candidates.  I hope the voters get what they want again. 

20 minutes ago, timschochet said:

The DNC did nothing to help Hillary?

2 hours ago, John Blutarsky said:

The DNC did nothing to help Hillary?

Yes the DNC did everything they could to help Hillary. Yes they tried to put their thumb on the scale for Hillary. But it wasn’t decisive. In 2008 the DNC did everything they could to help Hillary. But the reason she lost in 2008 is the same reason she won in 2016 and the same reason Biden will probably win next year: black support. That is far more important than whatever the DNC does. 

So if you guys are upset about Biden being in the lead, or Hillary beating out Bernie in 2016, stop blaming the DNC; whatever they do their influence is very limited. Blame black voters. They’re the ones who, for the most part, consistently reject progressive candidates. 

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Blame black voters. They’re the ones who, for the most part, consistently reject progressive candidates. 

Gonna need to show your work here.

2 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

Gonna need to show your work here.

I’ve read some articles about this in the past. I’ll have to see if I can find them. But if you look at the last 20 years or even longer, with the sole exception of Barack Obama in 2008, black voters consistently choose the most conservative, most establishment of the Democratic candidates. 

10 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I’ve read some articles about this in the past. I’ll have to see if I can find them. But if you look at the last 20 years or even longer, with the sole exception of Barack Obama in 2008, black voters consistently choose the most conservative, most establishment of the Democratic candidates. 

You’re correct.

In every survey of Democrat voters non-white Democrat voters are considerably more conservative whereas white Democrat voters are way more far-Left.

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

A significant portion of that divide can be explained by white guilt which non-white Democrat voters obviously don’t have, while many white Democrat voters have in unhealthy doses.

16 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Jesse Jackson?

1 minute ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

Jesse Jackson?

Well that’s more like 30 years at this point but if my memory serves he didn’t do as well as anticipated among black voters, nothing like Obama. I’d have to go back and look. 

I watched Liz Warren last night and she was extremely impressive. She is younger than Biden, a much better speaker, smarter, far more energetic, and her views are much more in line with the base of the Democratic Party. She doesn’t have the black vote, but despite that in my judgment only the presence of Bernie Sanders in the campaign is preventing her from winning. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, identikit said:

Covering your bases nicely, I see.

Nope. Just being honest. I don’t mind being wrong. 

Well, actually in this case I do mind being wrong, perhaps, because I remain unconvinced that Warren can ultimately defeat Trump. The main problem being Medicare for All. 

11 hours ago, snitwitch said:

he was a bad dude

I'll give this to Joe. Guy can tell a hell of a story. So hilarious. Would be a great fiction writer.  I really get into his stories. I feel like I am Joe sometimes. Kicking corn pops ###. Beat it, corn pop! You're finished here! 

• Laughing 2

Biden thinks the Corn pop story is one of manliness, admitting his errors, more manliness, and reaching accord with blacks.

to me it is one of denigrating blacks and when called on it seeking to engage in unlawful self help because ones misplaced sense of pride does not allow one to allow law enforcement to handle things.  I mean if you believe Biden he was going to crack skulls with a chain.  Now this is obviously B.S. the man clearly would cower before straight razor wielding thugs, hell he would cower in front of bunnies wielding pillows, but it says a lot about him that he has a need to put forward this as an adage instructive on his character.

This is like Hillary running through a hail of bullets to keep appointments doing America's business.  The story is supposed to impress.  Instead it just makes me feel sorry for him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I mean if you believe Biden he was going to crack skulls with a chain.  

Totally believable.  And according to Biden it was the same chain Mitt Romney was planning to use to re-enslave black people.

4 hours ago, timschochet said:

Nope. Just being honest. I don’t mind being wrong. 

Well, actually in this case I do mind being wrong, perhaps, because I remain unconvinced that Warren can ultimately defeat Trump. The main problem being Medicare for All. 

Don't worry she's walking her support for M4A back as quickly as possible

https://www.newsweek.com/warren-biden-democratic-party-debates-polling-1459803

White
Warren 28%
Biden 27%
Sanders 14%
Buttigieg 8%
Harris 5%
Klobuchar 3%
Booker 3%
Yang 2%

Black
Biden 49%
Warren 13%
Harris 10%
Sanders 5%
Yang 5%
Buttigieg 3%
Booker 2%
O’Rourke2%

Hispanic
Warren 29%
Sanders 25%
Biden 23%
Buttigieg 6%
Yang 6%
O’Rourke 4%
Gabbard 2%
Harris2%

— Steve Kornacki (@SteveKornacki) September 17, 2019

From the same poll:
Thirty-five percent of Democratic primary voters say they’re “enthusiastic” about Warren, another 35 percent are “comfortable” with her and just 6 percent are “very uncomfortable.”

That’s compared with 23 percent who are enthusiastic about Biden, another 41 percent who are comfortable and 13 percent who are very uncomfortable 

• Like 1

I have to admit I don’t have a ton of sympathy for moderates and rich folks that are worried about Warren.  You guys had your chance to elect a moderate, pro-business Democrat in 2016 but you blew it.

25 minutes ago, Mystery Achiever said:

From the same poll:
Thirty-five percent of Democratic primary voters say they’re “enthusiastic” about Warren, another 35 percent are “comfortable” with her and just 6 percent are “very uncomfortable.”

That’s compared with 23 percent who are enthusiastic about Biden, another 41 percent who are comfortable and 13 percent who are very uncomfortable 

Thank you.  I meant to include that but got distracted.  I think the more Biden is in the spotlight, the more his numbers will dip.  He will drop out. 

• Like 1

I don't know that he'll drop out, but this is very promising for Warren. Also, that she has moved ahead of Sanders for Black support,even though the number is still low.

1 hour ago, Mystery Achiever said:

I don't know that he'll drop out, but this is very promising for Warren. Also, that she has moved ahead of Sanders for Black support,even though the number is still low.

Biden’s not dropping out. 

The numbers for Warren among black voters are worse than they appear, because her support (and Bernie’s) is largely among Millennials who either don’t vote or vote in states in which black voting is not as important. The states in which black voting IS important have Biden in a commanding lead. 

It seems like a lot of posters hate Biden more then Trump, be careful what you wish for, Trump wii beat Warren, Pete, and Bernie, no doubt, but not Biden.  America is nor ready to go to the Left, or the AOC movement.

27 minutes ago, Gopher State said:

It seems like a lot of posters hate Biden more then Trump, be careful what you wish for, Trump wii beat Warren, Pete, and Bernie, no doubt, but not Biden.  America is nor ready to go to the Left, or the AOC movement.

For the record I don't hate Biden.  I just don't think he is the right man for the job. He is declining mentally and most people can see it is only a matter of time with him.  

• Like 1

Biden just now denied ever talking to his son about his overseas business dealings. He also said “Trump knows I will beat him like a drum.” 

I do like Rotary Joe's plan to put 720 million women back into the workforce.

Seems to have some legs.

• Laughing 1

On 9/17/2019 at 5:26 AM, timschochet said:

I watched Liz Warren last night and she was extremely impressive. She is younger than Biden, a much better speaker, smarter, far more energetic, and her views are much more in line with the base of the Democratic Party. She doesn’t have the black vote, but despite that in my judgment only the presence of Bernie Sanders in the campaign is preventing her from winning. 

Since Harris is dropping like a rock in the polls, I think Warren has the best shot. Just watched a little of Biden at something in Iowa. Man, just wasn't feeling it from him. No energy, stopping and pausing. I hope he is not the candidate , but will vote for him in a heartbeat over the Traitor

• Like 2

3 hours ago, timschochet said:

“Trump knows I will beat him like a drum.” 

Yeah, I bet Trump really knows that.  

My version of Dems 4D chess:

Biden is fake running 
Fake polls show Biden lead
Trump wastes his crimes on Biden 
Biden drops out late and gives any delegates to Warren 
Warren beats Trump
Fin

On 9/17/2019 at 12:53 AM, timschochet said:

What coloris the sky in your world?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, timschochet said:

Biden just now denied ever talking to his son about his overseas business dealings. He also said “Trump knows I will beat him like a drum.” 

I don't think Biden could beat a drum.

On 9/17/2019 at 8:24 PM, Gopher State said:

Yeah, I'm starting to get concerned. The path to the right candidate just isn't very clear.

Warren is fantastic in so many ways. A truly impressive woman. I'd vote for her, but she is too liberal for me. More importantly, I think she's too liberal for most voters.

A moderate makes sense in 2020, to me, and the only viable one, right now, is Biden. And that's a world of trouble of course.

Personally, I'd love for Pete or Klobuchar to get some real traction.  They aren't perfect, but man, a moderate that's not an 80-year old gaffe machine would be fantastic. 

Edited by pollardsvision

3 hours ago, Navin Johnson said:

I don't think Biden could beat a drum.

He learned how by listening to his record player.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, timschochet said:

Biden just now denied ever talking to his son about his overseas business dealings.

This is a claim by Schweitzer in his book, right? It’s either a thing or it isn’t and Schweitzer saying it is really isn’t sufficient.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

19 minutes ago, Navin Johnson said:

UCLA fan/alum?

Yes. Hasn’t been a lot to celebrate lately. Probably won’t be a lot to be happy about for a good long time. But today....

I think the media is picking on him a bit for his LGBTQ event the other day, but Joe really does put his foot in his mouth often. I'll find a link to it later and post.