What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread (6 Viewers)

old

rich

white

accused of sexual misconduct

perfect Democrat 2020 candidate and lets be honest, if he's the one? almost everyone who voted Hillary and complained about Trump's hoochie comment will vote Biden regardless of the misconduct allegations .... the vote isn't about the Democratic POTUS candidate, the vote is anti-Trump

they could put Harvey Weinstein up there and he'd pull down 60 million vote

old

rich

white

perfect Democrat 2020 candidate and lets be honest, if he's the one? almost everyone who voted Hillary and complained about Trump's hoochie comment will vote Biden regardless of the misconduct allegations .... the vote isn't about the Democratic POTUS candidate, the vote is anti-Trump

I think you nailed it. A lot of Dems will vote with the hate in their hearts over the person who represents their values. 

Similar to what happened to the 2016 election, but only after finger wagging at Trump voters for 4 years.

I think you nailed it. A lot of Dems will vote with the hate in their hearts over the person who represents their values. 

Similar to what happened to the 2016 election, but only after finger wagging at Trump voters for 4 years.
LOL at all the Trump supporters inventing hypotheticals in order to make themselves feel better about voting for a garbage human being. We don't need to hypothesize about how far you guys would be willing to go to sell out your principles; you've already shown us.

LOL at all the Trump supporters inventing hypotheticals in order to make themselves feel better about voting for a garbage human being. We don't need to hypothesize about how far you guys would be willing to go to sell out your principles; you've already shown us.
Nailed it too

old

rich

white

i don't think being creepy or violating personal boundaries is "sexual misconduct". you effort to conflate what Biden has done with what DJT has done to women - creepy, violent, and everything in between - is shameful. 

old

rich

white

He’s old and white. Isn’t he famously non-rich, like the least rich person in the Senate or something?

And can you name someone who’s accused him of sexual misconduct? (I don’t mean Sean Hannity; I mean someone claiming to be a victim. Not a victim of being made uncomfortable, but of sexual misconduct.)

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't think being creepy or violating personal boundaries is "sexual misconduct". you effort to conflate what Biden has done with what DJT has done to women - creepy, violent, and everything in between - is shameful. 
It makes perfect sense if you don't actually consider sexual assault to be a problem, but only view it as a partisan club to bash your opponents with. For Stealth's purposes, Biden's actions were close enough to Weinstein's that they allowed him to indulge his real passion, which is criticizing the left.

this is true 

the days of being able to reach across party lines are over ........... too much hate and separation of core party values
For me it isn't about hate. It's about you can't make deals with people who refuse to be fact based and honest actors.

So that’s a no? If nobody’s accused him of sexual misconduct, I would suggest not saying that prople have accused him of sexual misconduct. Conversations tend to be more productive when people are careful about accuracy.
the definitions of sexual and misconduct are the women Biden touched and advanced on without permission .... I think asking them how they feel/felt is the best answer

I'll say this - almost every Democrat still believes the proven innocent Kavanaugh is a sexual assaulter because they want to believe the worst in someone they don't like because of politics ......... but they give Biden a pass and/or justify his actions because he's a Democrat and they don't want to believe he did anything wrong

For me it isn't about hate. It's about you can't make deals with people who refuse to be fact based and honest actors.
anti-trump hate fuels the Democrats ... its their core platform, how to get anyone else in office in 2020 besides Trump

as I said, they'd vote Harvey Weinstein over Trump  - and I'm serious, I really believe that

I agree with that.  How do you take somebody like Trump, who lies constantly, at his word....ever?   You just can't.  Same with McConnell.  Once Merrick Garland happened, it was over.  

Not a victim of being made uncomfortable, but of sexual misconduct
drawing thin lines now are we ? 
This was your first post in the Joe Biden is inappropriate thread:

I love watching Democrats assume guilty to anyone who's not a political figure of the Democrat party .... like Biden .... shows just how hypocritical they are. 

But c'mon, this accusation is so weak and IF Biden did that? I don't believe for a second it was a sexual nature anything. IF he did that which there is zero proof. 

Stealthycat said:
drawing thin lines now are we ? 
I don't know. For perspective on the use of the term thin can you tell me how you would categorize Kirstie Alley during her first season on Cheers. 

trim

slender

Normal/average

roamy

ample

Not hiding it half as well as you think there big gal.

Whoa

Stealthycat said:
anti-trump hate fuels the Democrats ... its their core platform, how to get anyone else in office in 2020 besides Trump

as I said, they'd vote Harvey Weinstein over Trump  - and I'm serious, I really believe that
It's not my desired platform. And its not the platform of the people I'm most interested in. Sure you have to beat the Republican to win and they call out Trump but they are coming with more than I'm not Trump. They're bringing real policies and ideas to the fight. Heck it's looking like Trump will get primaried so maybe it won't even be him. You better have more than that in your bag of tricks or you have a problem.

Stealthycat said:
this is true 

the days of being able to reach across party lines are over ........... too much hate and separation of core party values
Sadly this is probably true. But maybe instead of constantly throwing fuel on that fire, you can be the change you want to see.

This was your first post in the Joe Biden is inappropriate thread:
that's true - I'm now just going to call things as Democrats would call them - the Kavanaugh treatment 

Biden is guilty until he can prove he's innocent ........... and even if the FBI says he's innocent? might still call him guilty

fair ?

Stealthycat said:
that's true - I'm now just going to call things as Democrats would call them - the Kavanaugh treatment 

Biden is guilty until he can prove he's innocent ........... and even if the FBI says he's innocent? might still call him guilty

fair ?
The problem you have is the victims aren't calling it that. Not even close. So if he hasn't been accused of forcible sexual assault by a woman, like the drunk frat boy on the SC, it's not the same thing.

Stealthycat said:

fair ?
BK was accused of attempted rape.  Biden hasn't even been accused of any form of sexual assault.  I can see why Biden's actions would instantly disqualify him for some people, but given your history it doesn't fit.

You're a gold medal mental gymnast.

Biden will announce next week.

Hey @Joe Bryant do you mind changing the thread title to "Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread"? It's kind of ridiculous we don't have a thread for him and there's already good content in here.

If not it would be good I think if someone starts one, it's ridiculous that there isn't a thread for the likely leading Dem candidate once he gets in. I'll do it of no one else will, it would just be a shame to lose these good posts and I'll add an OP is not en endorsement. 

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Biden will announce next week.

Hey @Joe Bryant do you mind changing the thread title to "Official Joe Biden Campaign Thread"? It's kind of ridiculous we don't have a thread for him and there's already good content in here.

If not it would be good I think if someone starts one, it's ridiculous that there isn't a thread for the likely leading Dem candidate once he gets in. I'll do it of no one else will, it would just be a shame to lose these good posts and I'll add an OP is not en endorsement. 
:hifive:

tank said:
Joe Biden will be 77 next year at the election, almost 78.  John McCain was 72 at the 2008 election.  If McCain was too old at 72, then Biden is too old.
Trump is 72, he'll be 74 at the 2020 election.

tank said:
Joe Biden will be 77 next year at the election, almost 78.  John McCain was 72 at the 2008 election.  If McCain was too old at 72, then Biden is too old.
Trump will be 74 next year, Johnny.

Oldest major presidential candidates in history:

1. Bernie Sanders (2020) - will be 79 years/2 months
2. Donald Trump (2020) - will be 74 years/5 months
3. Ronald Reagan (1984) - 73 years, 9 months
4. Bob Dole (1996) - 73 years, 4 months
5. John McCain (2008) - 72 years, 2 months
6. Reagan (1980) - 69 years, 9 months
7. Hillary Clinton (2016) - 69 years, 0 months

Biden would be #2 on that list.

I tried to find data on major primary candidates but didn't come up with much. Mike Gravel is 88 but he's a nonfactor. Harold Stassen ran in 1992 at the age of 85 but he was not a major candidate. Ron Paul was 77 in 2012.

It's interesting that 6 of the 9 oldest major candidates (assuming that Biden enters the race) have been since 2008.

Oldest major presidential candidates in history:

1. Bernie Sanders (2020) - will be 79 years/2 months
2. Donald Trump (2020) - will be 74 years/5 months
3. Ronald Reagan (1984) - 73 years, 9 months
4. Bob Dole (1996) - 73 years, 4 months
5. John McCain (2008) - 72 years, 2 months
6. Reagan (1980) - 69 years, 9 months
7. Hillary Clinton (2016) - 69 years, 0 months

Biden would be #2 on that list.

I tried to find data on major primary candidates but didn't come up with much. Mike Gravel is 88 but he's a nonfactor. Harold Stassen ran in 1992 at the age of 85 but he was not a major candidate. Ron Paul was 77 in 2012.

It's interesting that 6 of the 9 oldest major candidates (assuming that Biden enters the race) have been since 2008.

2,950,126. Pete Buttigieg (2020) - 38 years, 10 months.  Interesting that this campaign will include the oldest and the youngest ever.

Henry Ford said:

2,950,126. Pete Buttigieg (2020) - 38 years, 10 months. Interesting that this campaign will include the oldest and the youngest ever.

The youngest major candidate I could find was William Jennings Bryan in 1896 -- 36 years, 7 months.

George McClellan is the next youngest -- he was 37 years & 11 months in 1864.

Harold Stassen (same guy who was one of the oldest candidates) ran for president in 1944 at age 37.

Thomas Dewey announced his candidacy in 1940 at the age of 38, but his isolationist beliefs cost him the nomination.

Officially in, according to CNN. Announcement coming on Thursday.
Just shows how out of touch Joe's campaign is. Thursday? The day Endgame premieres? I'm a political junkie and I won't have the time for any of that. He is likely to get buried in movie coverage both locally and nationally. 

So you make a distinction between a woman's shoulders, lets say, and her genitals.  Interesting.  You may be on to something here.

If I were him I'd ask them not to. That is not going to make him more popular in the primary. In fact I'd say the opposite is true. People seem to think you can win this primary without the left. Here's a little spoiler for you, you can't. 
Depends how long it stays this crowded.  Same issue as with Trump in 2016.

If I were him I'd ask them not to. That is not going to make him more popular in the primary. In fact I'd say the opposite is true. People seem to think you can win this primary without the left. Here's a little spoiler for you, you can't. 
I don't think anyone has any idea what can and can't win this primary. We've never seen a field this crowded and the process has changed significantly. Nobody knows anything.

Just for some context, however:  DSA membership nationwide is currently estimated at 60,000.  By my back of the envelope calculations over 280,000 African-American women voted in the 2016 Democratic primaries in Florida alone. If there's any demographic group that's being overlooked at the moment, it's that one.

I don't think anyone has any idea what can and can't win this primary. We've never seen a field this crowded and the process has changed significantly. Nobody knows anything.

Just for some context, however:  DSA membership nationwide is currently estimated at 60,000.  By my back of the envelope calculations over 280,000 African-American women voted in the 2016 Democratic primaries in Florida alone. If there's any demographic group that's being overlooked at the moment, it's that one.
The DSA is a subgroup of the left it isn't the whole left. And I think when we see Bernie being on panels with a minority focus and getting endorsements from minority politicians he's working for that vote.

Depends how long it stays this crowded.  Same issue as with Trump in 2016.
Cindy McCain already shot it down. She said Joe was a good friend of the family who they had great admiration for but there was no intention to get involved in this race in any way.

The DSA is a subgroup of the left it isn't the whole left. And I think when we see Bernie being on panels with a minority focus and getting endorsements from minority politicians he's working for that vote.
I agree, he seems to be doing a much better job of it this time around so far.

My point is that social media/political media tend to exaggerate the influence of the white progressive urban/suburban left, because they're the ones who are the most vocal on social media and elsewhere. But in terms of numbers they (we?) are actually a fairly small part of the Democratic primary electorate.

I agree, he seems to be doing a much better job of it this time around so far.

My point is that social media/political media tend to exaggerate the influence of the white progressive urban/suburban left, because they're the ones who are the most vocal on social media and elsewhere. But in terms of numbers they (we?) are actually a fairly small part of the Democratic primary electorate.
I dont think that's completely right. Especially when we add in the young folks. But we'll see soon enough. 

It’s fine. Not great, not dynamic, not exciting. But fine. 

Biden’s biggest asset is that he probably beats Trump. That’s going to be enough for a lot of people, because who else is there that you can be confident about beating Trump? I know @NCCommish is confident that Bernie would win; I’m not. Buttigieg and Kamala are the two candidates that excite me the most but would either take the key battleground states of Wisconsin and Pennsylvania away from the current President? Not sure. Amy Klobuchar probably would but she’s so far down in the polls I don’t know if she can make it back. Warren? I don’t think she can get it done. 

Biden is a boring guy. He’s not progressive. He’s got a lot of baggage to defend. But he probably wins the general election. 

It’s fine. Not great, not dynamic, not exciting. But fine. 

Biden’s biggest asset is that he probably beats Trump. That’s going to be enough for a lot of people, because who else is there that you can be confident about beating Trump? I know @NCCommish is confident that Bernie would win; I’m not. Buttigieg and Kamala are the two candidates that excite me the most but would either take the key battleground states of Wisconsin and Pennsylvania away from the current President? Not sure. Amy Klobuchar probably would but she’s so far down in the polls I don’t know if she can make it back. Warren? I don’t think she can get it done. 

Biden is a boring guy. He’s not progressive. He’s got a lot of baggage to defend. But he probably wins the general election. 
I'm confident because the polling says he is already beating Trump on average by double digits in the 3 states the Democrats need to win back to ensure an electoral victory. I try to be fact based Tim.

Biden has a lot of baggage and a pretty bad voting record. He's obviously the front runner now, but when people start laying in to his record, we will see what happens.

This is probably more me hoping than anything, though. Because I don't want him to be the nominee.

Users who are viewing this thread